April 30, 2024, 07:06:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #159 4/4/10 - 4/9/10  (Read 293628 times)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1140 on: April 07, 2010, 12:45:54 PM »

Interesting conversation.           Is there any way that a plea deal would give KC less than LWOP?   She could have gotten 8 years in the beginning - would the State now offer her something less than Life - say 20-25 years? 
My guess is no I think they have more than enough to put her away forever, poor KC she is so misguided ........being sarcastic of course. 

I think they have enough to convict her - but I still wonder if the State would consider saving the money if they could reach a deal.   I guess we'll find out eventually.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: April 07, 2010, 12:49:15 PM »

Interesting conversation.           Is there any way that a plea deal would give KC less than LWOP?   She could have gotten 8 years in the beginning - would the State now offer her something less than Life - say 20-25 years? 
Great question, I'm going to say no, but what do I know. I believe it would be LWOP.

Then I don't think KC will take a plea.   I think she would rather take her chances, roll the dice, and go for broke.    IDK - maybe it is just me - but if I had to spend the rest of my life in prison, I would rather take the DP and get it over with.   And you have to remember, KC thinks God is on her side.   

The State would save millions by offering a deal to her.  But I have a feeling she wouldn't take a deal unless it was for less than LWOP.   jmo.

Remember this......  http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/10/ng.01.html
GRACE: To Kathi Belich with WFTV, joining us from Orlando, Florida. Kathi, her exact words are, and I am quoting the tot mom, "The state is mad because I won`t take a plea deal. They`re angry. " Explain. Is there a deal on the table?

KATHI BELICH, WFTV: That`s what she says. What I am being told is that there has never been any kind of plea offer in this case. The only thing that did happen -- we`ve all reported it -- last year there, was a limited-time offer for limited immunity. If she would tell investigator where is the body was, they wouldn`t use her own words against her. But that was not a guarantee she wouldn`t be prosecuted if they could...

GRACE: Well, hold on...

BELICH: ... independently corroborate...

GRACE: ... just a moment. Kathi Belich joining me there in Orlando. She`s from WFTV, on the story from the very beginning.

Let`s unleash the lawyers. We`re taking your calls live. Susan Moss, child advocate out of New York, Raymond Giudice, defense attorney in Atlanta, Mickey Sherman, renowned trial lawyer, defense attorney out of New York, author of "How Can You Defend Those People?"

Sue Moss, this is signed, is sworn and signed, this document. It had to be filed by her attorney. She can`t get out of jail and go file it in the courthouse herself. So she says in this document, this sworn affidavit, filed by her lawyer, Ashton, the prosecutor is "angry because I refuse to take a plea agreement for a crime I did not commit."

Now, why would the lawyer submit something that is false? Sue?

SUSAN MOSS, FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY: A plea deal, if real, would be a steal. You know something? I agree with you. I don`t know too many lawyers who would submit some sort of perjured statement to a court. But Casey is special. I think she was lying, and that certainly isn`t beneath her.

I don't think she will ever admit she is guilty either Sassy.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: April 07, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »

Putting aside all of Casey's drivel I still think there is a connection with the Anthony's backyard.

The dogs hit on decomp in the backyard.
Out of the blue on July 4th GA and CA pour a new concrete slab, 27 bags of concrete(?)
OCSO took a large area rug from the backporch
The infamous "gas can incident"
The freezers in the garage  (Puzzler, I believe you are correct)
George knew early on and George helped cover up

Why is George, at the very least, not in jail and charged with obstruction? 

Also, since Bozo is not DP qualified that is why Lyons and/or Jar are on board.  If that is the case, how could any verdict be overturned due to Bozo's utter incompetence?  Does the defense and litigation ultimately lie in the hands of Lyons and/or Jar.  Isn't Bozo really nothing more than a mouthpiece for the defense?

The fact that Casey has not one but two death penalty qualified attorneys as well as Boden on board & for the record as of this moment Lyons is listed technically as lead counsel Casey does not stand a chance of making an argument of ineffective counsel....she's been afforded a heck of a lot more than most defendants, even facing her charges.

Thanks Capp, that was what I was thinking, or at least hoping.

I know, but do not have the exact document, that there was also "weed barrier" plastic found near Caylee.  I believe that this will be traced back to the weed barrier in the Anthony's back yard.  I also see in the documents released yesterday, page 36 property report, reference to other pieces of black plastic within the garbage bags.  I am wondering if this is weed barrier also.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1143 on: April 07, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23077865/detail.html
Letters Could Alter Anthony's Murder Trial
Jail Letters Provide Peek At Anthony's Life Behind Bars

POSTED: 11:13 am EDT April 7, 2010
UPDATED: 12:15 pm EDT April 7, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Jailhouse letters written by Casey Anthony not only provide a new peek at her life behind bars. They also could greatly alter her murder trial.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said the biggest shocker in the letters were Anthony's claims that she was sexually abused by her brother, Lee Anthony, and her father, George Anthony.

Hornsby said if Casey Anthony sticks to they story, they could face charges.

Horsnby also said if she's convicted of killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony, Casey Anthony's claims that she was abused could save her own life.

"That is huge. If a jury were to hear that, it's almost impossible a jury would ever impose a death penalty on her -- if that was true," Hornsby said.
In a written response to Casey Anthony's claim of sexual abuse, attorney Brad Conway said, "the Anthony family denies that there was any improper sexual behavior in their family nor was there ever a time when Casey told them of sexually inappropriate conduct by her brother or father."

The other explosive revelation was Casey Anthony's jailhouse confidant telling investigators Anthony talked about using chloroform to knock out Caylee.

Hornsby said the biggest pitfall for prosecutors is Casey didn't write it, so credibility becomes a problem.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1144 on: April 07, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »

Who is saying could have gotten 8 years, and based on what - a reduction to manslaughter, maybe so.   To your second question, I doubt sincerely that the State would accept anything less than LWOP plea due to the fact that I have always believed that they are very confident they have enough to get a murder one conviction after the jury hears all the evidence & too much time has lapsed.  The defense has claimed her to be innocent & did not even attempt to establish diminished capacity or an offer for Casey to report where Caylee could be found, this case is way too big now for the State to be willing to accept a plea that the defense offers now at the 11th hour - the public outcry would be fierce.

I was the one who brought up 8 years. I researched it in the beginning and if she had plead it out then for the location of the body I think they could have gone with excusable homicide even if the state would not have accepted manslaughter. If she had been sentenced to 20 years on it with good time and time served she would have been out in about 8 years. Manslaughter would have been even less. That would have been the best for the client but of course we all know that Bozo was not smart enough to do that.

782.03  Excusable homicide.--Homicide is excusable when committed by accident and misfortune in doing any lawful act by lawful means with usual ordinary caution, and without any unlawful intent, or by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or upon a sudden combat, without any dangerous weapon being used and not done in a cruel or unusual manner.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1145 on: April 07, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »

Thanks Trimm.   You're always so quick!         

We all appreciate you.   

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: April 07, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »

I just took a break from reading and that was one of the things I read - I could not believe it - she is a movie star and a law professional etc......what blows my mind is how she is giving herself permission to move forward (because that is what God told her to do)  which in essence means she is giving herself permission to forget what she did to Caylee - it has no relevance in her mind - what's done is done.... time to move on. Seriously????  She is freaking nuts.  I can't even put into words how nuts she is.
[/quote]

the more I read, the more convinced I am that she has no touch with reality at all..... ::MonkeyNoNo::she lives in her own world of make believe..........she will do just fine in prison...in fact, I believe she will thrive in her little make believe world.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1147 on: April 07, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »

Excusable homicide doesn't include drugging your kid so they will sleep, then end up dead from an OD

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: April 07, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

Great question, I'm going to say no, but what do I know. I believe it would be LWOP.

Then I don't think KC will take a plea.   I think she would rather take her chances, roll the dice, and go for broke.    IDK - maybe it is just me - but if I had to spend the rest of my life in prison, I would rather take the DP and get it over with.   And you have to remember, KC thinks God is on her side.   

The State would save millions by offering a deal to her.  But I have a feeling she wouldn't take a deal unless it was for less than LWOP.   jmo.

Remember this......  http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/10/ng.01.html
GRACE: To Kathi Belich with WFTV, joining us from Orlando, Florida. Kathi, her exact words are, and I am quoting the tot mom, "The state is mad because I won`t take a plea deal. They`re angry. " Explain. Is there a deal on the table?

KATHI BELICH, WFTV: That`s what she says. What I am being told is that there has never been any kind of plea offer in this case. The only thing that did happen -- we`ve all reported it -- last year there, was a limited-time offer for limited immunity. If she would tell investigator where is the body was, they wouldn`t use her own words against her. But that was not a guarantee she wouldn`t be prosecuted if they could...

GRACE: Well, hold on...

BELICH: ... independently corroborate...

GRACE: ... just a moment. Kathi Belich joining me there in Orlando. She`s from WFTV, on the story from the very beginning.

Let`s unleash the lawyers. We`re taking your calls live. Susan Moss, child advocate out of New York, Raymond Giudice, defense attorney in Atlanta, Mickey Sherman, renowned trial lawyer, defense attorney out of New York, author of "How Can You Defend Those People?"

Sue Moss, this is signed, is sworn and signed, this document. It had to be filed by her attorney. She can`t get out of jail and go file it in the courthouse herself. So she says in this document, this sworn affidavit, filed by her lawyer, Ashton, the prosecutor is "angry because I refuse to take a plea agreement for a crime I did not commit."

Now, why would the lawyer submit something that is false? Sue?

SUSAN MOSS, FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY: A plea deal, if real, would be a steal. You know something? I agree with you. I don`t know too many lawyers who would submit some sort of perjured statement to a court. But Casey is special. I think she was lying, and that certainly isn`t beneath her.

I don't think she will ever admit she is guilty either Sassy.   

Tks Trimm...the bold is indeed the only offer & to finish what Kathi was going to say on NG was that other evidence besides Casey's own words regarding where she placed Caylee would be used as evidence against her but what she would have told them on this limited issue could not be used.   As of Dec 11th, all bets were off & it is IMHO they will not revisit it.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1149 on: April 07, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »

It's wonderful that Jesse Grund escaped marrying into that family.

It sure is....but he will carry the stigma of Casey for many years to come........

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1150 on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:01 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/07/casey.anthony.letters/
Inmates: Mom said she 'knocked out' Caylee with drugs
By Ann O'Neill and Mayra Cuevas-Nazario, CNN/In Session
April 7, 2010 12:18 p.m. EDT
<snipped>
Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, has said he did not oppose the release of the letters because they contained nothing incriminating. The defense team elaborated on his comments in a statement released late Tuesday.

The letters "reflect the natural desire for companionship when isolated for 23 hours a day, and clearly demonstrate Casey's unconditional love for her daughter Caylee," the statement said. "Despite these intentions, it is obvious in the letters authored by Robyn Adams that her sole purpose and only goal in corresponding with Casey Anthony was to create 'leverage to get out of prison early.'"

Adams gave her letters from Anthony to another friend, Tracey Neally, for safekeeping, according to the investigative reports. In her correspondence with Neally, Adams suggests the letters and notes might someday be worth something or lead to an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1151 on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »

Also on the property reports I see references to pill bottles.  I remember they took many from
Cindy's medicine cabinet.  I wonder if testing shows Casey's prints on mommies medicines??????  I am also very confused that at the bottom of the property report on page 40 I believe it says:

This evidence packaging contains secondary evidence from more than 1 case(as listed).  What in the world does that mean??????

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1152 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

Putting aside all of Casey's drivel I still think there is a connection with the Anthony's backyard.

The dogs hit on decomp in the backyard.
Out of the blue on July 4th GA and CA pour a new concrete slab, 27 bags of concrete(?)
OCSO took a large area rug from the backporch
The infamous "gas can incident"
The freezers in the garage  (Puzzler, I believe you are correct)
George knew early on and George helped cover up

Why is George, at the very least, not in jail and charged with obstruction? 

Also, since Bozo is not DP qualified that is why Lyons and/or Jar are on board.  If that is the case, how could any verdict be overturned due to Bozo's utter incompetence?  Does the defense and litigation ultimately lie in the hands of Lyons and/or Jar.  Isn't Bozo really nothing more than a mouthpiece for the defense?

hi Mike.....all great points.  I agree, at this point BOZO is just there.....it's in Mason's hands now.  JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1153 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »

I just took a break from reading and that was one of the things I read - I could not believe it - she is a movie star and a law professional etc......what blows my mind is how she is giving herself permission to move forward (because that is what God told her to do)  which in essence means she is giving herself permission to forget what she did to Caylee - it has no relevance in her mind - what's done is done.... time to move on. Seriously????  She is freaking nuts.  I can't even put into words how nuts she is.

the more I read, the more convinced I am that she has no touch with reality at all..... ::MonkeyNoNo::she lives in her own world of make believe..........she will do just fine in prison...in fact, I believe she will thrive in her little make believe world.
[/quote]I agree she will thrive and I will bet money she has been in her little make believe world for a very long time.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1154 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »

Thanks Turbo.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1155 on: April 07, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/07/casey.anthony.letters/
Inmates: Mom said she 'knocked out' Caylee with drugs
By Ann O'Neill and Mayra Cuevas-Nazario, CNN/In Session
April 7, 2010 12:18 p.m. EDT
<snipped>
Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, has said he did not oppose the release of the letters because they contained nothing incriminating. The defense team elaborated on his comments in a statement released late Tuesday.

The letters "reflect the natural desire for companionship when isolated for 23 hours a day, and clearly demonstrate Casey's unconditional love for her daughter Caylee," the statement said. "Despite these intentions, it is obvious in the letters authored by Robyn Adams that her sole purpose and only goal in corresponding with Casey Anthony was to create 'leverage to get out of prison early.'"

Adams gave her letters from Anthony to another friend, Tracey Neally, for safekeeping, according to the investigative reports. In her correspondence with Neally, Adams suggests the letters and notes might someday be worth something or lead to an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
<snipped>
I was reading that she gave Caylee antihistamines to sleep, I think it was in Adams interview, but it is all running together for me.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1156 on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23078600/detail.html
Anthony Letters Exchanged In Books
Inmate Says She Visited Anthony

POSTED: 12:21 pm EDT April 7, 2010
UPDATED: 12:55 pm EDT April 7, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Letters written between Casey Anthony and another jail inmate indicated the two were able to exchange their writings through a library.

The letters were written between Anthony and inmate Robyn Adams. Adams talked with investigators and a friend of hers at length about the specifics behind the transfers.

Although Adams and Anthony agreed to flush each other's letters after reading them, Adams kept Anthony's letters and mailed them to a friend.

In a letter addressed to her friend outside the jail, Adams wrote of their plan.
"I've been allowed to secretly come out really late at night to have one-on-one talks with Casey Anthony, around 3 a.m., when everyone else is sleeping," Adams wrote.

Adams said Correctional Officer Silvia Hernandez was the only person who would let them talk. She also talked about how books from the jail library were used to keep the correspondence going.

"One recommendation before I close this off for today. Read 'God in Popular Culture' by Andrew M. Greenly. I think I will slide the next note in there," Anthony wrote.

In another note, Anthony indicated the letters led her to a good book.

"The book I put this note in is actually pretty good. It's filled with old Southern humor. I honestly laughed throughout most of it," Anthony wrote.

The letters eventually came to light when another Orange County inmate revealed the jailhouse friendship.

The Orange County Jail still has an open investigation looking into the letters. One corrections officer was suspended with pay as part of the investigation.

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1157 on: April 07, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »

Who is saying could have gotten 8 years, and based on what - a reduction to manslaughter, maybe so.   To your second question, I doubt sincerely that the State would accept anything less than LWOP plea due to the fact that I have always believed that they are very confident they have enough to get a murder one conviction after the jury hears all the evidence & too much time has lapsed.  The defense has claimed her to be innocent & did not even attempt to establish diminished capacity or an offer for Casey to report where Caylee could be found, this case is way too big now for the State to be willing to accept a plea that the defense offers now at the 11th hour - the public outcry would be fierce.

Considering how every state is hurting for money, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the State of Florida considers saving millions of tax payers dollars and making a deal.   Especially if the deal put her sorry azz in prison for a long, long time.    I also have a feeling the public would be happy NOT to have their tax dollars going to this murderer's defense fund/trial.
I agree

Ditto!!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1158 on: April 07, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23077865/detail.html
Letters Could Alter Anthony's Murder Trial
Jail Letters Provide Peek At Anthony's Life Behind Bars

POSTED: 11:13 am EDT April 7, 2010
UPDATED: 12:15 pm EDT April 7, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Jailhouse letters written by Casey Anthony not only provide a new peek at her life behind bars. They also could greatly alter her murder trial.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said the biggest shocker in the letters were Anthony's claims that she was sexually abused by her brother, Lee Anthony, and her father, George Anthony.

Hornsby said if Casey Anthony sticks to they story, they could face charges.

Horsnby also said if she's convicted of killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony, Casey Anthony's claims that she was abused could save her own life.

"That is huge. If a jury were to hear that, it's almost impossible a jury would ever impose a death penalty on her -- if that was true," Hornsby said.
In a written response to Casey Anthony's claim of sexual abuse, attorney Brad Conway said, "the Anthony family denies that there was any improper sexual behavior in their family nor was there ever a time when Casey told them of sexually inappropriate conduct by her brother or father."

The other explosive revelation was Casey Anthony's jailhouse confidant telling investigators Anthony talked about using chloroform to knock out Caylee.

Hornsby said the biggest pitfall for prosecutors is Casey didn't write it, so credibility becomes a problem.

HORNSBY, it is NOT huge in favor of Casey unless Casey can prove as she stated that she sought medical attention for her alleged abuse & while I agree some of her sob stories may attribute to her life being spared by sentence I think it is ridiculous for a legal professional to assume that a jury would not doubt what Casey is claiming with no proof whatsoever to back up her story before leaping to the conclusion that it would the very reason why it woluld be "almost impossible" for a jury to impose the DP on her upon conviction.   Just because she says so, doesnt make it so from a known pathological liar - it sure as heck didnt help the Menendez Bros, for example.   For many that have been truly victimized sexually, mentally or physically that does not necessarily excuse why one would kill another, especially not when premeditation is established. 

I do agree that a hurdle to overcome about the chloroform comments Casey reported made to an inmate(s) will be put to the test because their credibility is in question, the only upside is if it was told to more than one inmate (as it appears) on different occasions & it can be established that those two or more inmates did not confer with each other about what was said to them separately by Casey.

Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1159 on: April 07, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

I really do not think Bozo is playing stupid.  "Playing the system". 

In the beginning, he was so proud to be the first of his race to take on such a big case.Gee.  Think again Bozo....  He would not play stupid and humilate his race intentionally. He is too strong minded and into himself. 

In short....  This is his normal stupid, without a clue actions....  In the end, he will be disbarred and the one made a fool.  Guaranteed!!!!

And it has nothing to do with race..  Stupidity being the reason.  No offense to the Walmart Greeters out there, but this should have been is profession.

Vent over....Thx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.