April 16, 2024, 04:07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #159 4/4/10 - 4/9/10  (Read 292344 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1940 on: April 09, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »

Don't worry about Hornsby. The great majority see him for what he is, just another Defense Attorney who wants to claim the usual Police conspiracy..
He stormed off in a sulk last time he was there, someone with greater intelligence than him proved him wrong and he couldn't handle it.  He won't be there long.

He's using the WSers to do his leg work for him and then he will pick out what he wants from their input and bloviate about it.

I'm sorry I'm so far behind...but I've wondered all along if he was not actually with the Defense behind the scenes.   

Well, I had my fill of him today and just commented right on Wesh's site with his latest contribution:

Hornsby, you want to put on the record here the libelous statements about a lead detective in this case you made today on a forum with no proof of same? You want to explain why you feel the need to trash & make implicating remarks about others and then you cant point to evidence to support it? I think these readers need to read what you did today on the Web sleuth forum. *(OS why is that site word considered inappropriate?) Then they should also tune in to your regular appearances on "Watt's up" because all you do is trash others to make yourself seem superior hoping to be the next Mark Eiglarsh on every network. Are you even practicing law with all the time you spend on the internet?

Apr. 9, 2010 5:47pm EDT | from cappuccino

http://www.wesh.com/news/23101635/detail.html

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1941 on: April 09, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »

Oh, wow, Capp. I do hope he see's that. It'll surely take him down a peg or two!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1942 on: April 09, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »

I wish we here at Websleuths had the same right of "telling it like it is" as bluntly as you seem to be allowed to but we don't and I like it here so I'll just say that I will not be playing your game or helping you do your job. Here is why-

I am a convicted felon, Mr Hornsby, several times over.. my record dates back to the age of 15. Not a pretty picture, I realize this but it is what it is. One of the things I have experience with is criminal court, judges and lawyers and I have never come across a defense attorney who so vocally (much less publicly) judges and attempts to shame the very people they rely on to make them money. The people you trash when you come on here may not be your clients, so to you it's OK.. but in the heart of a person charged with a crime wanting to find an attorney they can trust and depend on reading the way you trash these people here, it is just like trashing any future client thinking about hiring you. I think you have lost yourself in your quest for fame and one upmanship. You have put everyone involved with this case down, EXCEPT for the suspect, her family and her lawyer. I do not believe your interest in this case is about truth and justice but about getting your name in lights and because, as an ex-con, I have felt nothing but insulted by you as a "defense" attorney since you began visiting here I will not be helping you accomplish that.

I take anti-psychotics but I'm not delusional.. I know my little boycott is meaningless, plenty of others will be happy to help you so I know one day we shall see your name in lights. Until then-    OneLostGrl at ws

I always liked One Lost Girl..she tells it like it is and can see through a lot of doodoo.
She could see through Hornsby alright.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1943 on: April 09, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »

Don't worry about Hornsby. The great majority see him for what he is, just another Defense Attorney who wants to claim the usual Police conspiracy..
He stormed off in a sulk last time he was there, someone with greater intelligence than him proved him wrong and he couldn't handle it.  He won't be there long.

He's using the WSers to do his leg work for him and then he will pick out what he wants from their input and bloviate about it.

I'm sorry I'm so far behind...but I've wondered all along if he was not actually with the Defense behind the scenes.   

hi Ono......I'll bet he pizzed cause Mason is her DP attorney and not him......so he has to do something to get attention and media time

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1944 on: April 09, 2010, 05:56:04 PM »

Oh, wow, Capp. I do hope he see's that. It'll surely take him down a peg or two!

O how I wish it was in person instead cuz my stilettos are on and my B slap is primed.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1945 on: April 09, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »

Well, I had my fill of him today and just commented right on Wesh's site with his latest contribution:

Hornsby, you want to put on the record here the libelous statements about a lead detective in this case you made today on a forum with no proof of same? You want to explain why you feel the need to trash & make implicating remarks about others and then you cant point to evidence to support it? I think these readers need to read what you did today on the Web sleuth forum. *(OS why is that site word considered inappropriate?) Then they should also tune in to your regular appearances on "Watt's up" because all you do is trash others to make yourself seem superior hoping to be the next Mark Eiglarsh on every network. Are you even practicing law with all the time you spend on the internet?

Go Capp, love it when you get riled.  You always know the right thing to do!

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1946 on: April 09, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »

Good one Capp..Bravo!!!

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1947 on: April 09, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »

I can not stand WS.  I can not stand RHornsby.  The man is a total media w*ore.

I read his first sentence in the first post on that thread and got no further.  Like Baez and the A's the man does not have a grasp of the English language.

In his first sentence he is being all cute acting like Mission Impossible and saying here is your mission if you chose to "EXCEPT IT".  What ..he means ACCEPT..EXCEPT means just the opposite.  What a huge ego and a huge fool.

I was banned at WS with Blink and a few others for the work I was doing on the wheeling and dealing on this case.  Anyone who puts Yuri down, posts on WS and is a lawyer and doesn't know the difference between accept and except is not worth my time.  And needless to say he is letting the little people do his work for him.

He is a Waste, Huge Waste of my time.   I'll read them on my own thank you.

I got banned there with Blink when we contacted the attorney who was handling the donations and asked for a complete accounting under Florida law and reported back their answer. I got a short time out for reporting that then when I was posting my letter to the authorities asking for an investigation of the monies and the paypal accounts with the irregularities I had found, BOOM - I was permanently banned. The bank and the attorney both dropped them after some of the letters and I reported that so I guess they did not want the truth out there. I could have cared less as all of the better posters were banned about the same time, so I would not have stayed anyway. 

I found it to be a peculiar place years ago [ Laci Peterson case ] and left. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1948 on: April 09, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »

This post puts todays "Hornsby's Hunting" in prospective

Macushla 
"It's ok that you are old Grams, I don't mind" - another quote from Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiect 
In a transcript released, an investigator asked Adams whether Anthony admitted using chloroform on her daughter. Lab tests turned up chloroform in the trunk of a car Anthony used.

Adams talked about Anthony using cold medications and antihistamines, but said the young mother was not specific about what she used to "knock her out."

But the summary of the interview written by Detective Yuri Melich reported something different.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...9.story?page=1
Unfortunately, the media made an error - I know, shocking isn't it? 

There were 3 different interview: On 1/27/10 Det. Melich and Corp. Edwards interviewed RA - but it was not a sworn statement. There is no transcript of this interview, just the summary of what she said in Det. Melich's supplemental report.

the interviews for which there is both a summary and a transcript are the ones conducted by Woehr and Broadway of FDLE on 2/12/10 and 3/4/10.

Does that clear things up a little?

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1949 on: April 09, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »

Blink has been awfully quiet and I know is working on a peice about all this.  I think Hornsby was sent in by the defense to do damage control before the next round of chit hits the fan.  I just have a feeling something even bigger is about to pop wide open...the other show still hasn't dropped..this is a lead up to that event.

Think about the progression.  Somehow the LE get info on GA and River, they speak to River and Skye and we haven't seen Skye's interview yet.  They also know that GA was taking money from other women.

They speak to Rozzie and she tells them what a waitstaff friend of Mallory says about Lee thinking his sister murdered Caylee.  We have yet to see, and I believe there is another interview with Lee that probably took place after Rozzis interview.
We also haven't seen Mallory's interview.

Then they find out from Skye and the jail that there were 2 inmates communicating with Casey.  That leads them to Robyn and Maya. 

There are others waiting in the wings.   JMO

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1950 on: April 09, 2010, 06:12:11 PM »

Blink has been awfully quiet and I know is working on a peice about all this.  I think Hornsby was sent in by the defense to do damage control before the next round of chit hits the fan.  I just have a feeling something even bigger is about to pop wide open...the other show still hasn't dropped..this is a lead up to that event.

Think about the progression.  Somehow the LE get info on GA and River, they speak to River and Skye and we haven't seen Skye's interview yet.  They also know that GA was taking money from other women.

They speak to Rozzie and she tells them what a waitstaff friend of Mallory says about Lee thinking his sister murdered Caylee.  We have yet to see, and I believe there is another interview with Lee that probably took place after Rozzis interview.
We also haven't seen Mallory's interview.

Then they find out from Skye and the jail that there were 2 inmates communicating with Casey.  That leads them to Robyn and Maya. 

There are others waiting in the wings.   JMO

I think you are right.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1951 on: April 09, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »

Shoot..I meant shoe..the other shoe still hasn't dropped.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1952 on: April 09, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »

hi Ono......I'll bet he pizzed cause Mason is her DP attorney and not him......so he has to do something to get attention and media time

Hey Sunny---There's something we don't know regarding his involvement, IMO.  It has to be, because I don't know of any lawyer who has the time, takes the time, & deliberately makes the incendiary & almost insulting statements of his fellow members of the Bar ---Baez; Morgan; and of Schaeffer ---in public, that I've seen/heard.  I mean, he takes sideswipes like crazy.  There is not one lawyer I know that does that, or would do that.  That is just not done in public, regardless of what one lawyer may think of another.   

He has a very good professional & social resume---so he knows better.   My conclusion:   He must be in collusion somehow to help diffuse the Prosecution's case taking aiming at the minds of a future jury.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1953 on: April 09, 2010, 06:23:06 PM »

Oh I'm afraid more is going to happen soon 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1954 on: April 09, 2010, 06:30:35 PM »

Hey Sunny---There's something we don't know regarding his involvement, IMO.  It has to be, because I don't know of any lawyer who has the time, takes the time, & deliberately makes the incendiary & almost insulting statements of his fellow members of the Bar ---Baez; Morgan; and of Schaeffer ---in public, that I've seen/heard.  I mean, he takes sideswipes like crazy.  There is not one lawyer I know that does that, or would do that.  That is just not done in public, regardless of what one lawyer may think of another.   

He has a very good professional & social resume---so he knows better.   My conclusion:   He must be in collusion somehow to help diffuse the Prosecution's case taking aiming at the minds of a future jury.

Or merely that he is a self-absorbed jacka$$....no but seriously, I tend to agree he has an obvious agenda.   He's sort of like the male version of Whineeeetraub who shakes her head no & disagrees with even the most heinous & obvious facts, drinking the koolaid & protecting the scum of the earth...well ya know what they say "birds of a feather..."

The natives are rather restless today over at that other site....surprisingly vocal considering the heavy thumb policy - this was found in their "verified lawyers only" thread:

rhornsby 
Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecybeans 
I am not a verified attorney, so I am not going to comment or question any fine points of the law on this (although as an FYI you should be aware that quite a few attorneys do post on this thread but wish to remain anonymous and are therefore unverified, so you never know whose authenticity or experience you may be questioning.)

Here is my conundrum: you are a local defense attorney who has admitted using your own blog, as well as this forum, to comment on this case primarily for marketing purposes . You are also a local media presence and speak frequently about this specific case ostensibly for the same reason. Now you are enlisting the members of this blog to do research for you – not simply for the sake of the truth – but to help prove a specific point tied into an opinion you have that a member of law enforcement is not doing a satisfactory job - which has impact above and beyond the normal questioning of credibility Ms. Adams would necessarily receive that would come out in the courtroom should her story be used. One might say that is is the kind of thing that could be designed to cast someone in a positive or useful light with the current defense team (who we all know have had trouble with attrition and holding on to talent).

You have also been publicly critical of the legal advisor and reporter on a local network affiliate, which incidentally competes for ratings with the network you appear on. Specifically you have been very vocal lately about how you despise the “checkbook journalism” their parent company engaged in to purchase photographs of Caylee Anthony. And IIRC, you were also unimpressed the fact that Geraldo Rivera, may have improperly inserted himself into this case by allegedly offering a large sum of money to hire a detective. So you appear to have high standards when it comes to the responsibilities of those in the media as well as those in the legal field, particularly when their paths converge.

I would think that any highly visible person in the media, particularly one in the legal field, would be risking their reputation by soliciting information designed to prove a certain theory or hunch. Other than short-term gain, I can’t see the benefit to publicly criticizing and condescendingly dressing down colleagues in one’s own field field; that’s a pretty basic business principle, not to mention a poor marketing strategy.

Mr. Hornsby because you are a visible legal and media representative in regards to this case, you are not simply another poster on this forum, just as Geraldo Rivera is not simply a journalist when he inserts himself into a case in a way which could affect the outcome. As a representative of the Florida jurisprudence system, I would think it could be a slippery slope, in that you could also be accused of engaging in activities and behavior very similar to those you have openly and publicly criticized others for in the past. Because you are not simply a poster with an agenda based on your own opinions, but are something of a local celebrity, your solicitation of help could be seen as opportunistic. If your actions were simply to further your own career, it would be one thing (similar to the “checkbook journalism” you have decried). But if they are designed to use this forum to research a pet theory that may have an actual impact on the case, then your position as a member of the bar might seen ethically questionable (as Geraldo Rivera’s offer to hire an investigator).

Perhaps you can elucidate for me, should a false dichotomy exist, the differences between what the folks at WFTV or Fox have been doing versus what you are doing as a spokesperson or legal analyst for WESH-TV. Do you think it would be ethical for Belich and Schaeffer to enlist our help as on behalf of the state to transcribe material they think would prove something that would impact the case?
Let us be 100% clear:

I will be honest, I had trouble filtering out exactly your questions - so I will leave you with this.

I am not paid by anyone, nor do I have any exclusive agreement with any station.

The only thing that furthers my career is my continued success in the courtroom, for the most part, my involvement in this case has become a hobby.

If you actually read the articles that were critical of ABC, they were mostly critical of ABC because they did not offer full disclosure of how they obtained information, etc.

So if we were to apply your "checkbook journalism" analogy to me, I should provide full disclosure of my motives - something I think I do very frequently.

p.s. I do not comment on this forum for marketing purposes, if I did, I suspect my ROI in time spent would be very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhornsby 
Based on your Florida statute cite, I may agree their is a potential criminal violation if corpus could be proven. But I would never agree that giving a client a letter from her parents constitutes dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation.
unreal

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1955 on: April 09, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »

O we have a poser "Stiletto" on Wesh challenging me, I just answered ...whoever it is beeotch please!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1956 on: April 09, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

O we have a poser "Stiletto" on Wesh challenging me, I just answered ...whoever it is beeotch please!

I guess I should have included the posts:

Stiletto Excuse me but I made NO threats of bodily harm in all seriousness, please do not ever think that your getting it twisted ruffles my pretty feathers....not by a long shot! I do follow the evidence, Hornsby should do the same instead of focusing on making flat out libelous accusations against others. He does NOT have a point because there is no transcript of what RA told the detective in discovery, so far we only have a supplemental report which outlines what she said so the same could be said for him and the OS that jumped the gun.....remember I said that

Apr. 9, 2010 6:37pm EDT | from cappuccino
Cappuccino--Are you the person who regularly threatens bodily harm to people you don't agree with? With your stilettos? In my opinion, Mr. Hornsby has a good point as I didn't see any mention of chloroform in any of the interviews. Its best to go by the evidence and not one's emotions. And certainly not threaten to hit anyone over this.

Apr. 9, 2010 6:15pm EDT | from Stiletto

Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1957 on: April 09, 2010, 06:49:42 PM »

She's saying she is having seizures in her sleep.  WTH?  Like how would she know if she's asleep!  My mid son had a few grand mal seizures just before waking up, when he was very young, and he never remembered those.  Only way I even knew about them was cuz I had gone in there to wake him up for school and found him having a seizure.  I kinda *doubt* that Casey was having seizures.  If anything am thinking she was biting her tongue, breaking out in a sweat, etc.. in having nightmares from what she did to Caylee.    IMO

Just catching up here on post been reading away like most of you and I gotta say Wyks you nailed it on the head..can we get an "AMEN".  I too suffer from epilepsy and NONE let me repeat NONE of it sounds like an episode to me..I have been diagnosed since I was 2 from Grand mal to petite mal as I got older and I have never ONCE bit my tongue in all of my life.  Not to get into to much detail but it runs on my mom's side so my grandmom, aunt and my mom and I have it and again NONE let me repeat that(Saying it sarcastically) in case you all didn't hear me NONE of us have bitten our tongues or have we broke out in a sweat. UGGHHH I could go on but I won't unless any of you want to know what a seizure looks like then I can give you a description and not because I have had one but because it runs in my family and I've seen it!  Then again I'm sure you monkeys can also read on the net about epilepsy we aren't stupid as the defense likes to think we are.  Sorry to rant just this part of the so called story she wrote not only hurts me but Caylee and every one else that suffers from this disease!

Thanks for sharing that, Rowan.  And I agree with you too, none of what she mentioned sounded like what actually goes on with a seizure.  Plus the fact that when having these types of seizures while asleep just as one awakens, rarely if ever does one remember even having the episode.  My son never did.  I'm not even sure how many he had in those early years, likely more than those I witnessed.  The person is exhausted afterward tho, and Casey didn't mention that.  It does as you say, hurts those who truly suffer with seizures.  As if she is mocking the painful experience with her lies. 

Your right I never did remember a thing except like right before the seizure.  I had one once while in grade school and I still remember to this day I was taking a math test and that's it that's the only thing I remember before hand and afterwards about being sleepy is correct I to was then tired so I remember my teacher letting me lay outside her door on the floor I slept and then I awoke to my parents being above me with the principal basically what I'm trying to say and not go off topic is that correct you don't remember and that you do tend to get sleep afterwards.  As you all no I don't post to much unless it's something that really gets me riled up not to say that most of the stuff talked bout here doesn't just this thing Casey said it me to the core and I was like OHH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!  Sorry for ranting guys and I'm still not caught up on all the post so back to reading it is..until next time.......
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1958 on: April 09, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »

If you notice he will not post that crap here because people here are much more informed and have the links to back up what they know. He could only get by with it on WS and that is why he puts that out there.
And over there you have a mod that jumps on you like a nun in grade school for talking out of place  I keep thinking I'm in grade school over there.

It's strangely cookie-cutter.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1959 on: April 09, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »

She is from WS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.