April 19, 2024, 07:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alicia Scott Lee 17, last seen 3/19/10 Golden Gate National Recreational Area (BODY FOUND)  (Read 8065 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 21, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »

http://**/marinnews/ci_14720028
Search for missing woman at Tennessee Valley

Rescuers combed the Golden Gate National Recreation Area on Saturday looking for a 17-year-old girl who was reported missing after failing to return from an outing with friends Friday night, GGNRA officials said.

About 50 to 70 searchers from the Marin County Sheriff's Search and Rescue unit, Sonoma and Alameda counties and the U.S. Coast Guard blanketed the Tennessee Valley area looking for Alicia Scott Lee.

She was last seen late Friday night by friends near the bunker to the south of the beach. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance were not immediately available.

She is described as Asian, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 120 pounds, with brown shoulder-length hair and brown eyes wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans, a black sweatshirt and Ugg boots.

Anyone with information is asked to call 479-2311.

-Jennifer Upshaw

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »

http://**/breaking-news/ci_14724864?nclick_check=1
Teams search for missing 17-year-old girl in Marin County
March 21, 2010

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:31:07 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/20/BAM91CJ6GM.DTL
Search on for missing teen in Marin Headlands

Sunday, March 21, 2010
Alicia Scott Lee, 17, was reported missing Sunday, March 21, 2010 from Golden Gate National Recreational Area in southern Marin County.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

Some articles are reporting Alicia Scott Lee as last seen very late on Friday night, (wonder if they mean early hours of Saturday?) some are reporting she was last seen 1:00 a.m. on Saturday 3/20 and she wasn't reported missing until 12:30 p.m.  I have noted her last seen 3/20/10. I can correct that if I find a good source that I can verify the date last seen.  Or if Nut, Klaas or other mod sees better information they can also correct it. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »

ALICIA SCOTT-LEE - 17 yo - San Francisco/Tennessee Beach CA
  TomTerrific0420 Today at 8:28 am

Boats, helicopters, tracking dogs and teams on horseback are searching
for a 17-year-old girl reported missing today from Golden Gate National
Recreational Area in southern Marin County.
Alicia Scott Lee was reportedly last seen at about 1 a.m. when she
became separated from friends near Tennessee Beach, said National Park
Service Ranger George Durgerian.

Her disappearance wasn't reported to the park service until about
12:30 p.m., and the circumstances surrounding what happened are still
unclear, Durgerian said.

"There's a lot of things we don't know about this one," Durgerian
said. About 50 people are involved in the search, he said.
Lee was reportedly last seen near an abandoned military installation
close to Tennessee Beach, Durgerian said.

Officials described her as an Asian girl who is 5 feet 8 inches tall,
weighs about 120 pounds and has brown eyes and shoulder-length brown
hair.

She was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans, a black
sweatshirt and Ugg boots, officials said.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about her to call
(415) 479-2311.
http://justice4caylee.forumotion.net/missing-children-f37/alicia-scott-lee-17-yo-san-francisco-tennessee-beach-ca-t5580.htm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 03:55:41 PM »

Missing Marin Teen's Body Found On Beach
Mar 21, 2010 12:35 pm US/Pacific
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5 / BCN) 
The body of a 17-year-old girl who was reported missing near Tennessee Beach in Marin County early Saturday morning washed ashore at the Muir Beach Overlook, a ranger said. Alicia Scott Lee was last seen at 1 a.m. Saturday near a bunker by Tennessee Beach, National Park Service Ranger George Durgerian said.

The camper was reported missing hours after apparently getting separated from her friends.  Her body was found about two miles away from where she was last seen.  It is possible that she fell.

The search Saturday in Golden Gate National Recreational Area was broad, covering roughly from Muir Beach to Rodeo Beach. Today's search, which started at about 8 a.m., is focusing mainly on the area near Tennessee Valley, where she disappeared, he said.

In addition to the National Park Service, the Marin County Sheriff's Office, the U.S. Coast Guard, and teams from Sonoma and Alameda counties have been helping with dogs, horses, boats and aircraft.

"We are very actively searching for her," Durgerian said. "We have people on the ground, in the air, and in the water."

Lee was not reported missing until 12:30 p.m. Saturday. Authorities interviewed her friends and determined she appeared to somehow get briefly separated from the group overnight, Durgerian said. The friends told authorities they weren't sure she was missing until the morning.

There is no indication of foul play.

Anyone with information about Lee is asked to call the Marin County Sheriff's Office at (415) 479-2311.
http://cbs5.com/local/Alicia.Scott.Lee.2.1578690.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »

Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:06E-mail | PrintMARIN CO.: UPDATE: MISSING TEEN'S BODY FOUND NEAR MUIR BEACH

The body of a 17-year-old girl was found this morning in the waters near Muir Beach in Marin County, about two miles north of another beach where she had disappeared early Saturday, a ranger said.

National Park Service lifeguards and rangers found Alicia Scott Lee's body in a rocky area in the waters off Muir Beach Overlook at about 10:45 a.m., National Park Service Ranger George Durgerian said.

Rescue teams had resumed their search for Lee at about 8 a.m. today after searching Saturday as well.

Lee was reported missing at about 12:30 p.m. Saturday, though she was last seen nearly 12 hours earlier at about 1 a.m. near a bunker by Tennessee Beach after getting separated from her friends, according to Durgerian.

Authorities interviewed her friends and determined Lee appeared to somehow get briefly separated from the group overnight, Durgerian said. The friends told authorities they weren't sure she was missing until the morning.

Durgerian said there is no indication of foul play.

He said the Marin County coroner's office has been notified of the discovery of Lee's body.
http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=BODY-FOUND-(UPDATE-ON-BCN63)-12-06

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/21/MNB41CJAEO.DTL&tsp=1
Body of missing teen found in Marin
Sunday, March 21, 2010

<snip>
After looking for Lee, the friends notified a ranger three-and-a-half hours later, he said. An all-out search began at 2 p.m. Saturday.

Dozens of searchers came from five counties, using helicopters, boats, six horses and six tracking dogs. The body was found by a park service ranger and lifeguard on a small watercraft, Durgerian said.

"It's a dangerous place," he said. "With currents and high tide coming in, we were exceptionally fortunate. Now our challenge is to safely recover Ms. Lee while protecting the lives of rescuers."

He said a helicopter would be used to attempt the recovery.

Lee's death is under investigation.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.