April 19, 2024, 11:25:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bernanke Wants Bailouts to Stop!" Main Street banks?  (Read 1427 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 25, 2010, 09:51:54 AM »

Bernanke’s attempt to re-embrace the free market are pathetic:

“Having institutions that are too big to fail also creates competitive inequities that may prevent our most productive and innovative firms from prospering. In an environment of fair competition, smaller firms should have a chance to outperform larger companies. By the same token, firms that do not make the grade should exit, freeing up resources for other uses. Our economy is not static, and our banking system should not be static either.”

We know Bernanke is just hamming it up for the audience. Because if he really thought that big companies should fail and small ones should prevail then the Federal Reserve would have let GoldmanSachs, Citigroup and Bank of America go bust in 2008 rather than pillaging the taxpayer to prop them up.

But we can see other evidence that Bernanke and the Federal Reserve have no interest in embracing “an environment of fair competition”. The evidence is that in 2009 a grand total of 140 US banks failed.

And already this year, another 37 US regional banks have gone bust.

How many regional banks did the Federal Reserve bail out? None.

more here - http://www.moneymorning.com.au/20100322/bernanke-wants-bailouts-to-stop.html

What kind of deal does Main Street get?  Hmmm...

I know, IndyMac. 

How much taxpayer money is passed through IndyMac to OneWest?  I think it would have been cheaper to give those folks their homes, than to shovel money at OneWest.

Why didn't Obama give IndyMac the same deal it gave OneWest?  OneWest, owned by Goldman alumni, Dell alumni, and Soros.

Why do all the benefits seem to go to big Wall Street banks, Obama insiders/contributors, and hedge funds?

The only thing Main Street gets is the bill...

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.