March 19, 2024, 01:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton's Nation Building in Haiti - Contrast to Obama's Action Plan for America  (Read 2106 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 25, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »

"Every time we spend a dollar in Haiti from now on we have to ask ourselves, 'Does this have a long-term return? Are we helping them become more self-sufficient? ... Are we serious about working ourselves out of a job?'" Clinton said.

Does every dollar Obama spends on Food Share, healthcare, and other government programs work to make people more self-sufficient?

Does every dollar Obama spends on stimulus, recovery, and jobs bills, work to make people more self-sufficient?

Is Obama working himself, his army of staffers, and Czars out of a job?

Clinton asked the groups Thursday to allocate 10 percent of their spending in Haiti for government salaries and employee training, to help the nation's agencies rebuild their decimated staffs.

Are America's government agencies decimated?  Do you build nations with bloated staffs?

He urged the aid groups to hire local staffers, consult with local authorities and structure their efforts around the Haitian government's plan, which is currently being finalized. Groups should make sure that the money they spend builds communities and infrastructure and creates local jobs, he said.

Does Obama use stimulus money to hire locals?  Illegal aliens?  Foreign workers?

Where did all the stimulus, jobs, and other pork spending go?  Did it build local communities, infrastructure, and create local jobs?

How much of Obama's spending and that of his administration benefits Americans on Main Street?

How much benefits Wall Street, foreign banks, nations, businesses and workers?  Global players that made big political donations?

Americans will be in debt for generations due to Obama's spending.  No upside, all that money wasted, no jobs or prosperity for Americans.

Efforts most focus outside the capital of Port-au-Prince, Clinton said, adding that Haitian President Rene Preval and others were eager to decentralize the country.

"For too long, Haiti has revolved around its capital city rather than just being supported by it," Clinton said.

Maybe it's time to decentralize America?  End the era of pork filled Washington government? 

"For too long, America has revolved around its capital city rather than just being supported by it,"

Time to return power to Main Street?

More here - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/25/AR2010032503090.html

Why does Bill Clinton want to build Haiti?  Promotes all these nation building activities?

Why does Barack Obama seem to do just the opposite?

Would Bill Clinton advise Haiti to add more debt? 

Would Bill Clinton advise Haiti to make the citizens dependent on government handouts?

Would Bill Clinton advise Haiti to buy from foreign nations, send all Hatian jobs off the island?

Would Bill Clinton advise Haiti to import illegal aliens to replace Hatians in the few jobs that remain?

Why does Barack Obama seem to do just the opposite?

Why isn't Barack Obama building this nation?

Great leaders build nations, others destroy them.  We don't have a builder in the White House.

My opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »

Perhaps Obama should have spent time in a REAL poor nation like Haiti.

Perhaps Obama should have spent time with REAL poor people.

Perhaps Obama would have been grateful for the blessings of this nation and its very generous people.

Why does Obama seem so ungrateful?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »

I can't help but compare the people of Haiti with the comments made by doctors about Medicaid.

Medicaid has low reimbursement rates.  You have to be a special person to see Medicaid patients and lose money.

The common thing I've heard?  People don't value what is free.  They don't appreciate what they haven't earned. 

For some reason, those getting free medical care in America are ungrateful.

One doctor on the radio stated that among his Medicaid patients there is a 30% no show rate.  So in addition to getting insufficient reimbursement, he has no shows.  It's not like he can overbook, or call someone in early, his time, and the time of his staff is wasted.

How do you give this man back his life?  A resource with no price tag?

Perhaps they should dock the welfare checks of chronic no shows?

Why is it that some do not appreciate the great benefits in this nation?

Is it the fault of the village that some children don't get medical attention?  How often do parent's break appointments?  Complain later that doctors don't want to see Medicaid patients? 

Some folks I know on Medicaid and Medicare have greater disposable income than working people.  The working poor have to maintain transportation and a job.

"Doctors won't take NEW Medicaid patients."

This suggests to me they won't take new Medicaid patients, but they will take existing patients that fall on hard times and lose their insurance.

Why?  Perhaps the existing patients appreciate the services of the doctor and staff.  Perhaps the existing patients don't break appointments.

I would imagine that the 70% of Medicaid patients that do keep their appointments are grateful to get help.  They made the effort to arrange transportation, and keep their appointment.  The 30% that don't show up make it harder for everyone.

People who get everything for free, be they rich or 'poor' are sometimes ungrateful for the service of others.

When I was child and complained about a salad dressing at an event, an older woman said to me "Some day, when you have to pay for your own food, food will taste better when someone else is paying for it."  I was baffled.

In America, Barack Obama is creating a nation of ungrateful people in the handout line.  Folks that don't know how lucky they are to live in this great nation.

my opinions.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.