April 19, 2024, 04:47:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angela Jaramillo 16 missing 1/23/10 Dallas, TX  (Read 25023 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 26, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »

If this turns to 'runaway', we'll move it. I am looking for a photo to post.

Dallas police seek help in search for teen missing 2 months

12:00 AM CDT on Friday, March 26, 2010
By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News

Dallas police have stepped up the search for a 16-year-old Molina High School girl who disappeared two months ago after texting her mother that she was spending the night with a friend.

Missing-persons detectives have exhausted all leads in the search for Angela Jaramillo, who did not have a history of running away before she was last heard from in late January, police said Thursday.

"We believe there might be more to this," said Sgt. Eugene Reyes, who supervises the department's Special Investigations Unit, which handles missing-persons cases generally when foul play is suspected. "It's out of character for her to be gone."

On Jan. 23, the girl told her mother that she was going to a party at a boy's house. "She left about 11:30 p.m.," said her mother, Stephanie Reyes, who is not related to the police sergeant. "I was baby-sitting that night, and when she walked out the door, I didn't see who she left with."

Later, Angela texted and asked if she could spend the night with a friend. Her mother gave her permission.

The next day, her mother tried Angela's cellphone but got no answer. "I automatically dialed that friend who she was supposed to be spending the night with. They said she never showed up. I called the police immediately."

She said the boy who hosted the party told her that Angela had come by, watched some movies and left about 2 a.m. It's unclear who gave her a ride, her mother said.

"I am taking it minute by minute," Stephanie Reyes said Thursday. "It kills me. I can't think. I'm putting all my hope on her coming back."

She said Angela has two brothers, ages 3 and 4, and a 10-year-old sister. Angela enjoys school, especially soccer and volleyball, her mother said.

"She was a little kid who liked to make crafts," she said. "She started coming out of her shell in high school, but she's never run away or did anything like this before."

Angela, who also goes by Angie, is 5 feet 8 inches tall, 190 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Her ears and tongue are pierced.

Schepps Dairy is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to the safe return of Angela.

If it is determined that Angela is the victim of foul play, that same $5,000 will be available as a reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment of a suspect in the case.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-877-373-8477, or Detective E.A. Ibarra at 214-671-3646.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/crime/stories/DN-missinggirl_26met.ART.State.Edition1.4c9212e.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:08:57 AM »

Dallas police step up search for missing Molina High School student

Dallas police have stepped up the search for a 16-year-old Molina High School girl who disappeared two months ago after texting her mother saying she was spending the night with a friend.

Missing persons detectives have exhausted all leads in the search for Angela Jaramillo, who did not have a history of running away before she was last heard from in late January, police said Thursday.

"We believe there might be more to this,” said Sgt. Eugene Reyes, who supervises the department’s Special Investigations Unit, which handles missing persons cases generally when foul play is suspected. “It’s out of character for her to be gone."

On Saturday, Jan. 23, the girl told her mother that she was going to a party at a boy’s house. “She left about 11:30 p.m.,” said her mother, Stephanie Reyes, who is no relation to the police sergeant. “I was babysitting that night, and when she walked out the door, I didn’t see who she left with.”

Later, Angela texted and asked if she could spend the night with a friend. Her mother gave her permission.

The next day, her mother tried Angela’s cell but got no answer. “I automatically dialed that friend who she was supposed to be spending the night with. They said she never showed up. I called the police immediately.”

She said the boy who hosted the party told her that Angela had come by, watched some movies and left about 2 a.m. It’s unclear who gave her a ride, her mother said.

“I am taking it minute by minute,” she said. “It kills me. I can’t think. I’m putting all my hope on her coming back.”

She said Angela has two brothers, ages 3 and 4, and a 10-year-old sister. Angela enjoys school, especially soccer and volleyball, her mother said.

“She was a little kid who liked to make crafts,” she said. “She started coming out of her shell in high school, but she’s never run away or did anything like this before.”

Angela, who also goes by Angie, is 5 feet 8 inches tall, 190 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Her ears and tongue are pierced.

Schepps Dairy is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to the safe return of Angela. If it is determined that Angela is the victim of foul play, that same $5,000 will be available as a reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment of a suspect in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 877-373-8477, or Detective E.A. Ibarra at 214-671-3646.
http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/032410dnmetmissinggirl.1e27f3f51.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »

Here is the missing poster.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1140148&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

So if I read this correctly, she left her home at 11:30 at night to watch movies at this boys home until 2 AM? She then texted her mom and said she was going to spend the night at another friends home? The boy says he does not know who she left with? Why does no one know who she left with? That is sort of strange, isn't it?
I wonder how well they interviewed everyone that was at the home. I don't believe no one saw anything or knows who or how she left.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

I think this is the right myspace for her. It is set to private.

http://www.myspace.com/386657322
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »

Yeah......something is hinky. She must have lots of freedom in the home. You know...being allowed to go out at 11:30 pm at 16.  that should have been a time she should have been home, not just going out.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:52:50 PM »

Yes it does seem like this young girl had a lot of freedom, that is actually what makes me wonder if this is actually a runaway.  My first thought was something happened at the home she was at. Maybe a drug overdose or maybe a fight or some kind of attack? Of course if she took off alone at 2:00 AM on foot to go sleep at another friends home then she could have easily been kidnapped. But it is strange that no one can say who she left with? Why is that? Did they not see her leave or do they not know the person she left with? I think there is a good chance this girl met up with some serious trouble.
I wish I can talk with the mom or one of the kids. I can't find any contact information like a website for her. It would be helpful to get a little more information.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »

This article is dated yesterday (3/25), but has a little more information.
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Homicide.Investigating.Missing.2.1590830.html
(Video Avail)
DPD Homicide Division Helping Find Missing Person
Thursday, March 25, 2010
DALLAS (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ―

The Dallas Police Department has enlisted help from its homicide division to solve a two-month-old missing person's case.
"While missing persons is investigating it, they asked for our help," said Sgt. Eugene Reyes with the Dallas Police Department.

16-year-old Angie Jaramillo hasn't been seen since late January, when she asked her mother if she could sleep over at a friend's house. The front porch is about as far as Stephanie Reyes, Angie's mother, gets these days.

"I'm afraid to leave the house because I think that when I leave, I'm going to miss her," she said.

Reyes bought advertisements in area newspapers after authorities listed the Molina High School student's disappearance as a runaway.

"I can't believe that it took this long for someone to understand that she's not just a runaway," Stephanie Reyes said.

But Dallas police maintain that homicide is only helping out, not because they have evidence proving that Angie was killed. Stephanie Reyes refuses to believe that her oldest daughter is anything but alive.

"I have to keep myself together for my kids. Cooking, cleaning; I don't want to do none of it no more," Stephanie Reyes said. "She's my baby, she's my first born."

Dallas Police said Jaramillo has not used her phone or accessed her bank account since her disappearance. The department is offering a $5,000 reward for anyone with information that leads to an arrest and indictment in this case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/032510-police-fear-for-missing-teen%E2%80%99s-safety
(Video Avail at above link)
March 26, 2010

Police Fear for Missing Teen’s Safety

Angela Jaramillo
DALLAS - Homicide detectives are asking for the public’s help in finding a 16-year-old girl who has not been seen or heard from since Jan. 24.

According to police in Dallas, Angela Jaramillo’s family reported her missing after she left home to attend a party and sleep at a friend’s house.

She never returned home and has not used her cell phone since then. Family and friends said it is not normal for her and they believe she may be in danger.

Police have not been able to identify the friend she allegedly stayed with.

Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-877-373-TIPS. Anonymous tips are welcome.

There is also a reward available for information that either leads to Jaramillo’s safe return or the arrest and indictment of any suspects.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Missing-Molina-High-School-Volleyball-Player-89178822.html
(Video Avail at above link)
Dallas teen still missing after two months
March 25, 2010
DALLAS — Angela Jaramillo was at a friend's house on January 24 when she texted her mother and asked if she could spend the night at another friend's house.

The 16-year-old's mother, Stephanie Reyes, gave the OK.

"The next morning, I texted her about 9:30 and asked her what time she was coming home, and she never answered me," Reyes said.

Concerned about her daughter's safety, Reyes called Dallas police and reported Angela missing. She said the young Molina High School volleyball player doesn't have a history of problems.

"I feel that maybe somebody did something to her, because she wasn't smart about being on the streets," Reyes said.

Police assigned the case this week to the homicide special investigative unit. That is reserved for cases when police are concerned or have evidence that the missing person has been harmed.

"Being out of character for her, we believe there might be more to her just running away or staying hidden," said police spokesman Sgt. Gene Reyes.

Police have asked Angela's mother for her clothing to obtain DNA samples. Her mother said police have recovered the girl's cell phone, which was found in a nearby park.

Police said they also have other evidence leading them to believe Angela may be injured.

Stephanie Reyes said waiting for word from her daughter has been agonizing. "It's like somebody is torturing me every five minutes," she said. "I'm trying really hard to keep going every day. I want my baby back."

Dallas police said they have now exhausted all leads, they hope someone comes forward with information. There is a $5,000 reward.

E-mail rlopez@wfaa.com

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »

Wow muffy this does not sound good at all. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

Snipped from the above article.....

Stephanie Reyes said waiting for word from her daughter has been agonizing. "It's like somebody is torturing me every five minutes," she said. "I'm trying really hard to keep going every day. I want my baby back."

Ugh my heart is so sad for this mother. I cannot begin to imagine not knowing where your child is. I don't think it matters if they are 2 mo or 102, I think as a parent you worry.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »

Wow muffy this does not sound good at all. 

No, I'm afraid it doesn't sound good at all Tracygirl.  I was posting a couple of the articles I could find, since each one had a snippet of information another didn't have, and then I found the one that stated:

"Police have asked Angela's mother for her clothing to obtain DNA samples. Her mother said police have recovered the girl's cell phone, which was found in a nearby park.

Police said they also have other evidence leading them to believe Angela may be injured." 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »

Did they even do a small search for the girl when the mom called? My goodness, LE needs to change how they look for teens. Not all of them run away from home.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 07:43:50 PM »

Did they even do a small search for the girl when the mom called? My goodness, LE needs to change how they look for teens. Not all of them run away from home.

I don't know if and when searches were done.  But I did see this:
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Homicide.Investigating.Missing.2.1590830.html
<snip>
"Reyes bought advertisements in area newspapers after authorities listed the Molina High School student's disappearance as a runaway.

"I can't believe that it took this long for someone to understand that she's not just a runaway," Stephanie Reyes said."<snip>

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:23 AM »

Sure looks like her.
Last Login: 1/24/2010
~~~~~~

Now.....she left>>>>
On Saturday, Jan. 23, the girl told her mother that she was going to a party at a boy’s house. “She left about 11:30 p.m.,”  said her mother, Stephanie Reyes, who is no relation to the police sergeant. “I was babysitting that night, and when she walked out the door, I didn’t see who she left with.”

Her last login was on 1/24 SUN. She had to have logged on from someone elses computer.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:42:46 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »

I checked the Texas Department of Public Safety Missing Persons Bulletin today 3/27  and it shows Angela Jaramillo as missing
Case #R1003004
Case Type:  Runaway - Endangered

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm#

OT
(I also see Gabriel Johnson listed as "Involuntary - Family Abduction" )

717 missing persons listed...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 03:13:39 PM »

It could have been she checked on line from her cell phone after midnight.

I had wondered if she left alone on foot to go to her friends home, but then I would think the friend would try to find her if she didn't show up? So if she was really going to spend the night with a friend, either this friend was waiting for her and just assumed she changed her mind or was with her. Who was the friend? Had to be someone mom knew because the mom said yes?
I remember being a teen and I remember wanting to stay out all night, my friend would tell her mom she was at my house and I would tell my mom I was going to be at her home. Of course we were up to no good and usually involved boys. (sorry fellow monkeys I was a wild teen, lol)
I really think the kids that were there that night know what happened and/or who she left with, if she did leave. Her phone was at the park, I bet that park is known to have local teens hang out. Or if that park was on the way to her other friends home, she could have been jumped.
You know I have spent what, maybe an hour at most thinking about this case, I don't know all of the facts but the ones released so far points to LE's dropping the ball once again and just assuming things rather then relying on facts. This needs to change. When a teen goes missing it shouldn't be so quickly assumed they ran away.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »

Sure looks like her.
Last Login: 1/24/2010
~~~~~~

Now.....she left>>>>
On Saturday, Jan. 23, the girl told her mother that she was going to a party at a boy’s house. “She left about 11:30 p.m.,”  said her mother, Stephanie Reyes, who is no relation to the police sergeant. “I was babysitting that night, and when she walked out the door, I didn’t see who she left with.”

Her last login was on 1/24 SUN. She had to have logged on from someone elses computer.

This is what the last login date looks like to me.  It must reflect the time from my computer.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »

ok...that is strange...mine says 24

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 05:34:03 PM »

ok...that is strange...mine says 24

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.