April 28, 2024, 06:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angela Jaramillo 16 missing 1/23/10 Dallas, TX  (Read 25085 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »

ok...that is strange...mine says 24

time zone? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20001343-504083.html
Missing Teen: Angela Jaramillo's Disappearance Being Investigated by Dallas Homicide
March 29, 2010

DALLAS (CBS) Two months ago 16-year-old Angela Jaramillo went out to attend a party. She never came back. Family members say it is unlike her to run away, and police now suspect foul play.

On Jan. 23 Jaramillo was out at a party and called her mother, Stephanie Reyes, to see if she could spend the night at a friend's. Her mother said yes, and that was the last time she spoke to her daughter.

After trying to get a hold of her daughter the next day, Reyes called the police when she discovered Jaramillo never showed up at the friend's house she was supposed to sleep at.

CBS affiliate KTVT reported that police have asked its homicide division to help investigate the case. Reyes said, "I can't believe that it took this long for someone to understand that she's not just a runaway."

Reyes told CBS News' Crimesider that her daughter has never run away before, is very involved in school and enjoys spending time at home.

Jaramillo, whose nickname is Angie, is about 5 foot 8, 190 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes. She has her ears and tongue pierced.

Schepps Dairy is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to the safe return of Jaramillo. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 877-373-8477, or Detective E.A. Ibarra at 214-671-3646.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Dallas-police-seek-witness-in-missing-teen-case-89564822.html

Dallas police seek witness in missing teen case
Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dallas police say this surveillance photo shows a woman in the pink outfit, left, who may have information about Angela Jaramillo.

DALLAS — Police need your help identifying a witness who could help in the case of a missing 16-year-old girl.

Police want to talk to the female wearing the pink outfit in a surveillance video. While the person is not a suspect in her disappearance, police said she has reportedly seen Angela Jaramillo recently.

Angela has been missing since January 24. Schepps Dairy is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to her safe return.

If you can help, please call Dallas police at 214-671-3646 or Crime Stoppers toll-free at 877-373-8477

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Missing.Dallas.Teenager.2.1601928.html
(Video Avail)
Woman May Help Find Missing Dallas Teen
Wednesday, March 31, 2020

A new clue could help police locate 16-year-old Angie Jaramillo, a Dallas teenager who has been missing for more than two months. A woman seen in a surveillance video might have information related to the case, and police are asking for the public's help in pursuing this new lead.

In late January, Jaramillo asked her mother for permission to sleep over at a friend's house. She has not been seen since. Police are not sure if she has been abducted, but foul play is suspected. Jaramillo has not used her cell phone or accessed her bank account since the day she disappeared.

Police believe that someone knows what happened to Jaramillo, which is why they desperately want to locate the woman seen in a surveillance video. She has not been identified as a suspect in the case, but authorities do think that she might be able to assist them in locating the missing teen.

Meanwhile, Jaramillo's friends and family members gathered in front of her Oak Cliff home on Tuesday night for a vigil, to pray for the girl's safe return. "She was fixing her hair and she was going to take some pictures, and I told her bye," said Alexandra Vasques, the teen's best friend and one of the last people to see Jaramillo before she disappeared.

"It makes me feel good that everybody cares," said Stephanie Reyes, the missing girl's mother, "and they show to pray and wish my daughter to come home."

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jaramillo or the woman seen in the surveillance video is urged to contact the Dallas Police Department. A $5,000 reward has been offered to anyone who can provide information that leads to an arrest and indictment in this case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/033110dnmetmissing.1ff9e5289.html
(Video Avail)
Dallas police release video showing witness in case of missing girl
Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dallas police are asking for help identifying a woman they say may know the whereabouts of a Dallas teen who has been missing for two months.
The video shows the woman, dressed in pink, at the Little Caesars pizzeria at South Westmoreland Road and Falls Drive on March 25. Another witness told police that the woman said she had recently seen 16-year-old Angela Jaramillo.

The woman is not considered a suspect, but police hope to question her.

The Molina High School student went missing Jan. 23 after leaving her home late that night to go to a party. She later sent a text message to her mother asking to spend the night at a friend’s house.

She has no history of running away from home, police said.

"We believe there might be more to this,” said Sgt. Eugene Reyes, whose Special Investigations Unit handles missing-persons cases generally when foul play is suspected. “It’s out of character for her to be gone."
Angela Jaramillo

Angela, who also goes by Angie, is 5 feet 8 inches tall, 190 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Her ears and tongue are pierced.

Schepps Dairy is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to her safe retur. If it is determined that Angela is the victim of foul play, that same $5,000 will be available as a reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment of a suspect in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 877-373-8477, or Detective E.A. Ibarra at 214-671-3646.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »

Snipped from a previous article posted:

Meanwhile, Jaramillo's friends and family members gathered in front of her Oak Cliff home on Tuesday night for a vigil, to pray for the girl's safe return. "She was fixing her hair and she was going to take some pictures, and I told her bye," said Alexandra Vasques, the teen's best friend and one of the last people to see Jaramillo before she disappeared.

She was going to take pictures? Wouldn't this be at 2AM?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »

Dallas police locate witness sought for questioning in case of missing girl

Mar. 31--Dallas police have found a potential witness shown in video circulated to help locate Dallas teen who has been missing for two months.

The video shows the woman, dressed in pink, at the Little Caesars pizzeria at South Westmoreland Road and Falls Drive on March 25. Another witness told police that the woman said she had recently seen 16-year-old Angela Jaramillo.

The woman is not considered a suspect, but police had hoped to question her. Police said today that the witness had been located, but they didn't identify her or say whether she was able to offer any leads in the case.

Angela, a Molina High School student, went missing Jan. 23 after leaving her home late that night to go to a party. She later sent a text message to her mother asking to spend the night at a friend's house.

She has no history of running away from home, police said.

"We believe there might be more to this," said Sgt. Eugene Reyes, whose Special Investigations Unit handles missing-persons cases generally when foul play is suspected. "It's out of character for her to be gone."

Angela, who also goes by Angie, is 5 feet 8 inches tall, 190 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Her ears and tongue are pierced.

Schepps Dairy is offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to her safe retur. If it is determined that Angela is the victim of foul play, that same $5,000 will be available as a reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment of a suspect in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 877-373-8477, or Detective E.A. Ibarra at 214-671-3646.

http://dailyme.com/story/2010033100004975/dallas-police-locate-witness-sought-questioning.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »

Thank you Nut.  I hope Angela can be found soon. 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »

May 13, 2010 10:28 pm US/Central

Missing Teen's Mom Searching For Daughter Herself

J.D. Miles
DALLAS (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ―

KTVT / KTXA

A Dallas mother is taking on detective work because she says police aren't doing enough to find her missing daughter.

It's been four months since Angie Jaramillo vanished, and while homicide detectives have suggested she was murdered, the girl's mother now believes she's alive and being held against her will in an area known for drugs and prostitution.

"Still can't sleep at night, Mother's day was bad for me," says Stephanie Reyes, Angie's mother, "I think she's alive."

With stacks of flyers and her young children tagging along to carry them, Reyes is hitting the streets of her northwest Dallas neighborhood, where prostitution and drug use are not unusual.

It's also where Reyes says several people claim to have seen Angie, who disappeared in January after telling her mother she was going to spend the night at a friend's house.

Reyes says all of the sightings include a description of a much older man with the missing girl.  She's visiting those places herself because she's frustrated with police.

"They don't return my phone calls, they don't seem to care at all," says Reyes.

But police were concerned two months ago that Angie may have been murdered and had homicide detectives join the investigation.

Officers recently investigated a Dallas strip club where they had heard rumors the high school student was working.  That lead and others have led nowhere.

Still, Angie's mother believes the answer is here and that someone is controlling her daughter with drugs or threats of violence.

"If she was just tell me 'I'm ok, leave me alone' I would feel better, I would back off, but until then I'm not going to give up," says Reyes.

Dallas police say they are working hard on this case but will not say why they think Angie may have been murdered.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/angie.jaramillo.missing.2.1693590.html 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »

Facebook page for Angela:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HELP-Find-Angela-Jaramillo/104687606237454 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/angela-jaramillo 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 12:48:40 AM »

Could this be Angela? On her missing person Facebook page she has braces on her teeth. Ali Lowitzer of Spring, TX has been ruled out with dental records. NUTT had posted a similar article on Ali's thread.

FBI to assist with investigation of remains

By Taylor Aswell | The Natchez Democrat

Published Thursday, October 14, 2010

Harrisonburg — Catahoula Parish deputies have enlisted the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate how the remains of a young female ended up in the woods north of Harrisonburg.

Catahoula Parish Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Ricky White said the FBI was called in Tuesday to help with the investigation.

“We are pulling together our resources and information and going from there,” he said.

The bones were found Friday by a hunter.

White said the agency has not gotten the results in from forensic tests, and he does not know when they will be ready.

“These are complex tests, and they take time to come in,” he said.

After a few days of investigation, forensic pathologists called in from Louisiana State University have made more discoveries regarding the remains.

Director of the LSU Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services Laboratory Mary Manhein said she believes the girl to be between the ages of 12 to 16.

Manhein also said the remains have been in the woods anywhere from a few weeks to several months.

The remains of the girl indicate she was 5-feet-four-inches tall or shorter, Manhein said.

“Because her bones did not finish forming yet, it is hard to tell exactly,” she said.

Manhein said the teen had braces, but only on her top row of teeth.

“What is interesting is that she has no braces on the bottom,” she said. “She also had pink rubber bands connecting the braces in her mouth.”

Manhein said the victim’s skull had a unique characteristic that may help identify the remains.

“Up the upper right side of the top of her mouth, her canine has not erupted yet,” she said. “This girl would have had a gap in her smile on just that one side.”

The victim’s hair was also a very thick and full brown, Manhein said.

“It was medium length to long and it had a bit of a wave to it,” she said.

White said there is nothing to do now but continue on with the investigation.

“We are just going to continue to run down leads,” he said.

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2010/oct/14/fbi-assist-investigation-remains/

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 12:59:43 AM »

Angela is on the right, but I can not tell if the braces are on the bottom also.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1140148&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I'll have to say no way the girl found dead in Catahoula Parish, LA is Angela. None of her missing reports say she has braces on her teeth, upper only or otherwise. The height is way off too. Of course, that is often wrong. I just have to say no...not Angela. Distance doesn't usually matter to me, but 332 miles is a long way.....

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 01:45:16 PM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1140148&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I'll have to say no way the girl found dead in Catahoula Parish, LA is Angela. None of her missing reports say she has braces on her teeth, upper only or otherwise. The height is way off too. Of course, that is often wrong. I just have to say no...not Angela. Distance doesn't usually matter to me, but 332 miles is a long way.....

Thanks Nutt Smile an angelic monkey

It caught my attention because the body was found in the Northern part of our state and I-20 runs from Dallas in to Louisiana and Harrisonburg would be just south of I-20. The distance is quite far but along with 1-10, 1-49 it is a major route into Texas. I noticed too the website above doesn't mention Angela having braces but on the facebook page it says she did have braces.(?)(confusing)The dark medium to long hair also caught my attention too. Either way, it is so sad because the person found is someones loved one, someones child. I find it also so disheartening that so many missing kid cases in the Houston area are being treated like run aways. I really think more is going on like in Ali Lowitzers case.

Last night, I did send a personal message to Angela's Mom on facebook and she responded this morning that she had braces on top and bottom. The body found says braces only on top. She also said the detective will not call her back, she is not eating and is just devastated. LE thinks it is a runaway case, but Mom says there is no way. I can only imagine how helpless she feels.
Angela's mom hadn't seen the story about the body found here in Louisiana yet. I am going to invite her to come here to scared monkeys. Maybe some one here can help her get Angela's case back in the media.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 05:18:39 PM »

I know    What I said above is just my personal opinion. ANYTHING is possible, as we all have seen.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 02:48:19 AM »

Could this be Angela? On her missing person Facebook page she has braces on her teeth. Ali Lowitzer of Spring, TX has been ruled out with dental records. NUTT had posted a similar article on Ali's thread.

FBI to assist with investigation of remains

By Taylor Aswell | The Natchez Democrat

Published Thursday, October 14, 2010

Harrisonburg — Catahoula Parish deputies have enlisted the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate how the remains of a young female ended up in the woods north of Harrisonburg.

Catahoula Parish Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Ricky White said the FBI was called in Tuesday to help with the investigation.

“We are pulling together our resources and information and going from there,” he said.

The bones were found Friday by a hunter.

White said the agency has not gotten the results in from forensic tests, and he does not know when they will be ready.

“These are complex tests, and they take time to come in,” he said.

After a few days of investigation, forensic pathologists called in from Louisiana State University have made more discoveries regarding the remains.

Director of the LSU Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services Laboratory Mary Manhein said she believes the girl to be between the ages of 12 to 16.

Manhein also said the remains have been in the woods anywhere from a few weeks to several months.

The remains of the girl indicate she was 5-feet-four-inches tall or shorter, Manhein said.

“Because her bones did not finish forming yet, it is hard to tell exactly,” she said.

Manhein said the teen had braces, but only on her top row of teeth.

“What is interesting is that she has no braces on the bottom,” she said. “She also had pink rubber bands connecting the braces in her mouth.”

Manhein said the victim’s skull had a unique characteristic that may help identify the remains.

“Up the upper right side of the top of her mouth, her canine has not erupted yet,” she said. “This girl would have had a gap in her smile on just that one side.”

The victim’s hair was also a very thick and full brown, Manhein said.

“It was medium length to long and it had a bit of a wave to it,” she said.

White said there is nothing to do now but continue on with the investigation.

“We are just going to continue to run down leads,” he said.

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2010/oct/14/fbi-assist-investigation-remains/
Just an update on the remains found in LA is that of Lexis Roberts, 12 years old from Nevada. Nutt updated on Ali Lowitzers thread also. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=13402335

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:21 AM »

I was looking for updates tonight regarding Angela and it appears (oddly....) that the facebook page set up for Angela, her personal myspace and the "find my child" site link have all been removed.????? I have not found any updates what so ever. I wonder if she may have made contact with family and is alive, perhaps ran away. Color me confused

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2011, 12:04:19 AM »

I was looking for updates tonight regarding Angela and it appears (oddly....) that the facebook page set up for Angela, her personal myspace and the "find my child" site link have all been removed.????? I have not found any updates what so ever. I wonder if she may have made contact with family and is alive, perhaps ran away. Color me confused

I've seen similar things happen in some missing persons cases, particularly if they were minors. The websites and other sources of information went "poof" and  I have always wondered if perhaps they reconciled with their families.  In this case, Angela was 16 when she was reported missing and I wonder if she turned of legal age to leave home, which is 17 in Texas and once she did that she wouldn't have to go back home?  I hope wherever she is, she's safe.

http://chat.lawinfo.com/legal_age_move-t649/index.html?s=98718ff715c0b8f7e8c7c549c7f09152&
Old 02-13-2003, 08:20 AM

Default ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
In Texas a child can move out at age 17 and the police will not force the child to come home. However based on my experience in family law and my observations I would not recommend it except in the case of abuse. Don't quit. Never quit. Don't run away from your problems. Once you start running you never stop. I have seen young people move from house to house to house. Generally no one will love you as much as a parent. There are going to rules no matter WHOSE home you live in. There are rules when you get to be an adult. Staying in your home and WORKING on your problems isn't fun or glamorous or whatever but guess what NOTHING WORTH HAVING EVER IS! You will build the skills you need to get along later with your wife or husband (and your future children) if you stay. I wouldn't have taken my valuable time to write this if it were not true. Rita M. Boyd Attorney at Law

Rita M. Boyd
Attorney at Law
www.FamilyAttorneysTexas.com
(972)380-8000 Telephone

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.