March 29, 2024, 02:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexander Wright-Child sex offender arrested for third time  (Read 7232 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 26, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Child-sex-offender-arrested-for-third-time-89168867.html
(Video Avail at above link)
Child sex offender arrested for third time
March 25, 2010

A man convicted of sexually assaulting two children has been accused of doing it again.

According to DPS records, Alexander Wright served time in the Texas Youth Commission starting in 2001 at age 13 for the aggravated sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl.  In 2003, at age 15, Wright was arrested for the sexual assault of a 6-year-old girl. While still on parole for those convictions at age 22, he was taken to jail again.

"A victim came in and made an outcry of a sexual assault,” said Detective Kenneth Sidenblad, Bee Cave Police Department.

Detective Kenneth Sidenblad says the alleged victim is a girl under 17 who was an acquaintance of Wright. Within hours of her outcry Tuesday, police arrested Wright and filed charges of indecency with a child and sexual assault. The investigation isn't over.

"Based on some information we have we're checking other people he may have been in contact with to see if they potentially may have been victims,” said Sidenblad.

Wright has worked at the Amy's Ice Cream in the Hill Country Galleria since October of 2009. Though Sidenblad says the incidents did not occur at the business, nor did he meet the victim there, it still has people concerned. We spoke to several nannies who typically take their kids to play right out front.

"It's just pretty shocking. It's a nice area. You wouldn't think something like that would happen here,” said Michelle Simmons.

The owner of Amy's Ice Cream, Amy Simmons, had no idea she hired a repeat sex offender. "It's devastating. There's nothing more important for us than our community. It's what's made us successful."

Simmons says Wright had excellent work references. A felony background check was performed. However, she did not see the prior sex assault charges since he was convicted as a minor.

If she checked the DPS sex offender website, the record would have appeared.

"I think it's a huge lesson and a big wake up call for businesses,” said Simmons.

Wright is no longer employed with the company. He has a $1.4 million bond. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice has placed a hold on him preventing him from bonding out since he was in violation of his parole.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »

Simmons says Wright had excellent work references. A felony background check was performed. However, she did not see the prior sex assault charges since he was convicted as a minor.

If she checked the DPS sex offender website, the record would have appeared.

The bolded part is the most frightening thing for me. As a small business owner, I routinely do background checks including the PSOR (which is what the SO list is called in Michigan) - but the problem is that minors (with very limited exception) and those charged and "adjudicated" as minors are not listed. So, I may hire what looks to be a very normal 18 year old that goes on to do terrible things. There should be a way to change that. I know that minors deserve some protection - but really - you molest kids and no record is available to the general public?  Really?  I personally know a RSO that molested at least 10 other children as young as one year old but is not on the PSOR because they were adjudicated when he was a minor. So the average person has no idea what a bad guy he is. How fair is that to the victims and potential victims? 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:52:54 AM »

Photo Reported - 3/23/2010

WRIGHT,ALEXANDER
SID 04827758   
Risk Level MODERATE   
Ending Registration Date 6/10/2023
Verification Requirement ANNUALLY   
Sex MALE   
Race WHITE   
Ethnicity NON-HISPANIC   
Height 6'1"   
Weight 160 lbs   
Hair Color BROWN   
Eye Color GREEN   
Shoe Size 10   
Shoe Width B   
Birthdate
9/15/1987

Registration/Verification Information
Date Event Type Agency
03/25/10 CHANGE OF STATUS AUSTIN PD
03/23/10 VERIFICATION AUSTIN PD
09/26/07 REGISTRATION TEXAS YOUTH COMMISSION BROWNWOOD

Address Information
Date Address   
03/25/10 INCARCERATED (TEXAS)   

Occupation Information
Date Employer Address
03/25/10 UNEMPLOYED

Education Information
Date School Employee Student
03/25/10 AUSTIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE NO YES

Occupational License Information
Date Occupational License Issuer
03/25/10 NONE

Offenses
TX:11990003 AGG SEXUAL ASSAULT 
Victim
Sex  Victim
Age  GOC Time Disposition Date Discharge Status
FEMALE   6      3Y4M   6/16/2003   NO TEXAS YOUTH COMMISSION   
Citation 
TEXAS PENAL CODE  §22.021   

TX:11990003 AGG SEXUAL ASSAULT 
Victim
Sex  Victim
Age  GOC Time Disposition Date Discharge Status
FEMALE   9      3Y2M   4/1/2001   NO TEXAS YOUTH COMMISSION   

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/PublicSite/index.aspx?PageIndex=Individual&IND_IDN=6743276

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.