March 29, 2024, 08:42:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A nation of immigrants? A nation of welfare opportunists?  (Read 1411 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 27, 2010, 06:58:36 AM »

Is there a difference between guest workers and citizens?

Why does the immigration reform always talk about a pathway to citizenship for 'undocumented workers'?

Does the nation really need more citizens when unemployment/underemployment is about 25% of the population?

Why not give job preference to citizens, those here legally, and welfare recipients?

Does the nation really need more 'workers' when people who want a job can't find one?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

Are immigrants really going home?  Or, "There are 1 million fewer immigrants in the US today"

Who are these immigrants that went home?  In my experience, they're folks that came here for opportunity, worked, and raised families.  America has become increasingly violent and expensive.  For many, their country of origin, is a better place to raise a family.  Perhaps it's time to sell everything and go home.

Why do they go home or plan to go home?

It's just to hard to stay afloat.  Payday comes.  You get what's left after the government takes it's fist full, and you give what's left.

Taxes, taxes, and more taxes.

How can anyone retire here?  If you're a senior, living in the home you've enjoyed for years, the taxes keep rising and your retirement income doesn't keep up.

Now, under Obama, your energy costs will rise even faster.

It's all a numbers game to politicians. 

For Americans, it's survival.  It's leaving the nation in better shape for their children.

Where can Americans go?  Does everyone have a place to land?

A place with little or no taxes?

At some point, taxes, fees, and regulation become theft.

Most Americans have no place to run, no place to go for a better life.
  A low tax haven?

It's a vicious cycle of expanding entitlements, jobs and wealth going offshore, and government importing more people.

Oprah highlighted how nice Denmark is.  Denmark has little or no immigration, and paid past immigrant to go home.  Denmark isn't along.  Many countries set the bar high on immigration.

It seems a sustainable, good quality of living, is not possible when the welfare state continues to expand unchecked by politicians, and immigration is more than the nation can absorb.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.