March 28, 2024, 08:15:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Health Care Reform in Plain English  (Read 1757 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« on: March 28, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »

If your like me, I have NO idea what our new Health Care reform really means and who it does and doesn't truly benefit, so I searched and found a site that a U.S. Army translator has been found who speaks "Washington Doublespeak" and he was kind enough to decode the bill and post his plain-language findings over at FreeRepublic.com

Go to http://www.naturalnews.com/026733_health_health_care_healthcare.html and follow the link to FreeRepublic.com.

Of course there are other sites too, but this was the first one I found and broken down by pertinent, page by page items for us normal folk.

And If I was against it before, now I'm really PO'd

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »

From CMS at FreeRepublic.com:

• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the government option!
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 04:15:38 AM »

You forgot the benefits of a blank check from taxpayers, paid for by future generations.

Remember the bird flu?  H1N1?

How many blank checks will Obamacare be writing for he producers of vaccines?

For some reason, iirc, Americans paid like $300 a does for H1N1 vaccine, WHO estimated it would cost between $2-20 dollars, China made a generic for $.50 per dose.

So, why are Americans paying $300 a dose?

Rip-off?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »

Starting in 2014, Americans who do not obtain health insurance — whether through an employer, a government program or their own purchase — must pay a fine starting at $95 or 1 percent of income the first year and rising to to $695 or 2 percent of income in future years.
Effective immediately, insurance plans can no longer set a lifetime cap on coverage, and policies can't be canceled when a person gets sick.
Within three months of a law taking effect, people who have been denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition would be eligible for subsidized coverage through a new high-risk insurance program.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/makeover/10-ways-health-care-reform-affects-women-1230631/
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.