March 28, 2024, 02:05:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Amnesty/Immigration Social Security Time Bomb  (Read 1480 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 29, 2010, 04:22:20 AM »

Can the nation afford immigration?  The current welfare state?

I recall that Washington has been telling us that 1 million immigrants have left.  Illegal?  Legal?  Does it matter?

How long did they stay?  10 years?  Long enough to qualify for Social Security and Medicare?

From memory, Social Security befeits are not related to how much one contributes.  A person working ten years, may get the same benfits as someone working a lifetime.  Many get some kind of SS from birth, due to disability, or poverty.  Some get state benefits when the Federal benefit does not exist or falls short.

Most folks get more in benefits than they contribute.

One argument for massive immigration goes like this - we need more workers to provide for those already in the system. 

Many guest workers are already exempt from paying Social Security, they pay nothing.

What about that legal immigrant or citizen that works 10 years and qualifies and goes home.  American citizens and those here legally, don't get a check for every 10 years they contribute.  So, over a lifetime, someone who stays here contributes much more than someone who stays 10 and returns to their home.

Will the nation be replacing these 10 year Soc. Sec. qualifiers every ten years? 

It doesn't make economic sense to keep taking in more immigrants, who qualify and return home.

Not enough paying in long term, to many getting benefits in future years.

What does it look like to me?  Destroying Social Security one immigrant at a time. If you take in 100 immigrants and 95 go home after 10 years, what have you gained? 

Temporary workers for ten years?  A lifetime of benfits for 95 paid for by future generations?

A bigger and more deadly Ponzi scheme?

Ten immigrants today to provide benefits for today's retiree.  Replaced every 10 years or so.

How many will be needed to support all these 10 year immigrant/citizens when they 'retire' and start collecting?

In addition to paying for massive debt &  interest, how much will these 10 year citizen's cost when they retire?

Not every nation welcomes immigrants - they cost a lot of money.  How many will qualify and feather their own nests in their country of origin and leave?

Citizens and those who stay long term in the US, have massive tax bills.  Federal taxes, sales taxes, state & local taxes, income taxes...there is no other nation to run home to.

Where does it end?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:26:32 AM »

In many places, government retirement IS related to what an individual contributes.

Contributions plus something like 3% interest.

IIRC, Mexico has such a system.  You don't take out more than you contribute.  There is no winning the Social Security lottery after just ten years.

Reforming Social Security should have been a top priority.

High wage guest workers do not pay in.

Immigrants have many reasons to qualify and leave, and I believe many have already done so.

Why does America's welfare system work better for immigrants / illegals than for Americans?

Why import guest workers?  Why not give the high wage jobs to Americans?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.