April 16, 2024, 02:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Obama: Is He Helping Or Hurting Your Business?"  (Read 1476 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 29, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »

Much Ado About Health Care

Many of the small-business solution providers interviewed for this story give credit to Obama for attempting to address the rising costs of health care. But they just don't see how the new health-care reform law -- which provides coverage to 32 million uninsured Americans at a cost to the government of an estimated $938 billion over 10 years -- will help their businesses. They say it does not address the underlying issues driving up health-care costs, even though the legislation provides a tax credit to small businesses with fewer than 25 workers for purchasing health-care coverage.

"I can't imagine how much worse health care can get for small businesses than it is now," said Shea, who calls himself a moderate conservative. "Unfortunately I'm afraid I'm about to find out how much worse it can get."

But many small-business solution providers don't agree with those numbers. They point instead to the latest posting from the Treasury Department showing that the national debt has increased more than $2 trillion since Obama took office. And even though Obama has said that government cannot continue to spend as if deficits do not matter, he has proposed in the fiscal year 2011 budget to add $8.5 trillion in debt over the next decade.

A phone call to the White House press office was not returned at press time.

Pickens' advice to Obama: "You need to focus on getting the economy moving so businesses are healthy and people are put back to work. I don't care how affordable he makes health care. If you don't have a job you can't afford it.

more here - http://www.crn.com/it-channel/224200537;jsessionid=PBOKPBLCJGJ03QE1GHOSKHWATMY32JVN

How many people need to work to provide the uninsured with coverage?  This sounds like the Social Security Ponzi scheme.

As time goes on, fewer and fewer people support growing numbers on welfare.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »

"Obama inherited a lot of the legal and economic framework for the current economic crisis," said Berzack. "But he and the administration have had more than a year to make significant changes for the better. Obama has failed to reach out to small businesses. The economic benefits from the Obama administration have all been federal to state and federal to large business with, at most, guidelines that are superfluous."

"Obama and the administration are talking about all the solutions they are putting in place to help the small business and all we are seeing is banks not lending, and vendors scrutinizing credit lines to the point where if you are one day past 30-day terms they hold up your order," he said.

A Touch Of Optimism?

Shea, however, is optimistic that his business prospects are improving in 2010 with his sales potentially increasing as much as 40 percent despite anything President Obama does or does not do. That said, he points out that when he started his first business President Ronald Reagan was grappling with a recession and there was a different feeling in the country.

"The difference is at that time no one had any doubt we were going to get out of it pretty quickly," he said. "Now it's an unknown." Shea said he has not been politically active given that he is working 70-hour-plus weeks trying to keep his business going.

"Everything that has happened with Obama and health care has me rethinking that," he said. "There are many small-business owners like me working 70 hours a week. We barely have time to keep up with business. With what is going on in this country maybe it is time for all of us to get up and get involved."

more here - http://www.crn.com/it-channel/224200537;jsessionid=PBOKPBLCJGJ03QE1GHOSKHWATMY32JVN?pgno=2

Is he working 70 hour weeks because of Obamacash?  Or, is he earning his 70 hours due to hard work?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:50:42 PM »

Bush started it with 5.00 per gallon fuel that near destroyed the trucking industry.
Then he allowed banks to make adjustable rate mortgages go through the roof..
Then lay off as construction came to a halt and all relative industries.
Then can manufacturing and the stock market plummet.
Credit card companies raised interest rates through the roof as so many made house payment off them thinking short term.. little did they know change was coming..lol

Then here come Obama...Mr.Wonderful

He throws money at the rich like a hippie throwing flowers..

The poor and lower middle class ? screwed blued and tattooed.
The rich are still rich except for a few enemies of the rich. tokens for the poor to watch.
If you work for a social system..you are still ok.. If you work for high tech you are still ok.
Some have been protected and the rest ? screwed.
jmho
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.