March 19, 2024, 05:07:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365089 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »

Kayleah's dads facebook....Mike Billy Wilson ?

http://www.facebook.com/shadowhawkca?v=wall

Is it a coincidence that the bio and step-father has the same last name (Wilson)?

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »

Shelly Culver  is sittin at macs waiting for the detectives to call ugh i hate waiting
March 29 at 8:44pm via Mobile Web

Brianna Gonzales
do they not believe you? Is that why they said it was a lie? Oh my god hun, i hope she gets found soon hun. Sad
March 29 at 9:44pm

Shelly Culver
no her friend said all that and then they found out what her friend said was a lie and that she might have gotten kidnapped
March 29 at 9:48pm

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=sgm&id=692382007#!/profile.php?v=wall&ref=sgm&id=100000131656247

Heart
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2010, 11:30:48 PM »

Kayleah's dads facebook....Mike Billy Wilson ?

http://www.facebook.com/shadowhawkca?v=wall

Is it a coincidence that the bio and step-father has the same last name (Wilson)?
I thought that was strange too
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2010, 11:36:11 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23039718/detail.html

Brenda Jamison is Kayleah’s grandmothers name
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »

April's my space says that she is 36 and the sons says that  he is 20 so that would have made her 16 when she had him and 15 when she got pregnant so maybe in her mind Kayleah was not that young since she herself was only 3 years older than Kayleah when she had her first child. Doesn't make it so.....she is still just a baby at 12 years old IMO... but just saying
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2010, 11:48:17 PM »

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2010, 12:42:30 AM »

Jacqui Wilson: Aunt to Kayleigh http://www.facebook.com/shadowhawkca?v=wall#!/profile.php?id=100000653434988&ref=mf

Jacqui Wilson
  LONG LONG DAY FBI called me about my Niece tonight not looking good :=(
Thu at 9:23pm

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »

my house and my kids and thier friends
http://en.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=en-3179678

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2010, 01:54:15 AM »

my house my son and his friends and a normal night lol
http://en.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=en-3179359

my son and kids being odd as usuall lol
http://en.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=en-3179314

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 01:59:52 AM »

grapleapril on twitter
http://twitter.com/grapleapril

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »

Granting freedoms to ‘tweens' no easy task

Disappearance of 12-year-old Greeley girl sheds light on safety, setting boundaries

By Jakob Rodgers

As a habit, Carmen Bustillos keeps a close eye on her 10-year-old daughter, Ilse Montes. She doesn't leave her home alone, and there's parameters about where she can play in her neighborhood.

But when word spread of the disappearance of Kayleah Wilson, 12, Ilse couldn't sleep. She lay awake in her bed, wondered if the news was true and asked her mother a steady stream of questions.

Truth be told, however, Bustillos' nerves weren't doing much better.

“I don't think I would allow her to go beyond the block,” Bustillos said, adding she will drive her child more often. “It's just my fears are heightened.”

The investigation into Kayleah's disappearance, which continued on Saturday with law enforcement officers conducting ground searches in wooded areas in Greeley and ponds in west Greeley, has naturally summoned questions about how much freedom “tweens” — children in the range of 11-12 years old — should be afforded.

Kayleah, a sixth-grade student at Brentwood Middle School, where Bustillos teaches English as a second language — was last seen a week ago today leaving her house to walk to a friend's birthday party. Police have shied away from calling the case a runaway, though little is known about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

Often, experts say, the answers regarding “tween” freedoms are hard to quantify.

“There's so many variables depending on the environment, depending on what the child's actually going through at the time — what the issues are,” said Sarah Fuller, parent education coordinator for Child Advocacy Resource and Education Inc., a nonprofit organization based in Evans. “There can be so many issues from depression to mental illness to just being a regular teenager, so it's just dependent on so many variables.”

“A daily balancing act”

Dealing with the demands of a “tween,” not surprisingly, can be tough as they begin to grow out of the shadow of their parents, according to Fuller.

“When you hit that age you want to be independent — you're starting to want to really separate,” Fuller said.

Teresa McDevitt, a professor of psychological sciences at the University of Northern Colorado, has earned a Ph.D in child development from Stanford University and co-authored the book “Child Development in Education.”

In many cases, she said, the level of oversight parents use over their children of all ages proves to be “practically a daily balancing act.” There are no “fool-proof solutions,” she said, adding that “parents can do all the right things and unfortunately, the kind of world we live in, children can still be in risk.”

Generally, however, studies have shown that highly intrusive parents can instill negative behaviors such as anxiety and depression in children, particularly in adolescents. Be too lax, McDevitt, added, and children tend to be non-compliant, unhappy and not achievement oriented.

“So kids clearly need rules and discipline and structure and so forth, but they also need to be respected and to have some opportunities to make mistakes and to try things out and become their own people,” McDevitt said.

Complicated decisions

Translating this to every day questions such as when to leave children home alone, however, can be tough.

There are no laws in Colorado for what age a child can be left home alone, for example. The Colorado Department of Human Services uses 12 years old as a general guideline due to laws that state 12 as the youngest a child can seek employment, such as for baby-sitting.

Ultimately, though, deciding when a child is ready to be left home alone or walk to a friend's house varies from child to child. Children who are 15 years old, McDevitt said, may not even be ready for such responsibilities.

McDevitt adds that certain programs such as GPS tracking systems in phones — which can be monitored by parents — can be too intrusive and foster distrust amongst children.

Kayleah did not have a cell phone, and was known to walk places to meet up with friends.

“I think ultimately it's going to be a decision that the parent needs to make with the child because in some cases, the child's going to feel OK or in other cases not,” said McDevitt. “In some cases the parent realizes in that discussion that the child is not ready for that experience yet.”

McDevitt added that such conversations are chances for parents to talk with children about what to do if confronted by a stranger — as well as general guidelines, such as like traveling with friends.

Bustillos hasn't heard of the GPS programs in cell phones, but said she is considering keeping her daughter's device despite the costs of supporting the phone line.

Ultimately, she said, the issue has forced the two to have a good conversation on how to deal with strangers and where exactly she can ride her bicycle in the neighborhood.

And, Bustillos added, her daughter has finally been calmed by the notion that people have yet to stop looking for Kayleah.

The notion of having to confront her daughter's growing need for freedom, however, isn't doing much for Bustillos' own stress levels.

“It's hard for me to think about her getting older — for me it is harder to mention that at some time I will have to give her some leeway.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100404/NEWS/100409826/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »

Weld County Sheriff's reserve deputies, Mark Ward, right, and Ted Price, along with members of the Weld County Sheriff's Posse, search a field Saturday near 36th Avenue and U.S. 34 in Greeley. Searchers spread out across the area southwest of Greeley West High School looking for clues in the case of the disappearance of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson.

Kayleah Wilson case: Search focuses on woods, ponds

Still no sign of missing 12-year-old Greeley girl
By Chris Casey

A dive team from Union Colony Fire/Rescue Authority on Saturday afternoon searched ponds in the Gateway Lakes Nature Area in south-central Greeley as part of the search for Kayleah Wilson, 12, who has been missing for a week.

The fire department was called in by the FBI and Greeley Police Department, according to John Fagerberg, Union Colony spokesman. The nature area is on the southwest corner of U.S. 34 and 35th Avenue, just west of the Home Depot store.

“They just wanted to follow up on some leads that they had out there,” Fagerberg said, adding that no evidence was found. The crew started searching the ponds around 2:30 p.m. and finished about 5 p.m.

“It was pretty shallow — only waste-high at the deepest,” he said. “They were probing the area with poles and search nets.”

Also Saturday, authorities on foot and horseback combed wooded, undeveloped areas between Greeley West High School and CenterPlace shopping area on Saturday as the search intensified in the vicinity of Kayleah's home.

By late in the day, the intensive effort — which has involved scores of authorities from the FBI, Greeley police and Weld County Sheriff's Office — had not yielded any sign of the girl who disappeared March 28. Kayleah left her home in the 2800 block of 28th Avenue for an afternoon birthday party, which she never ended up at, and never returned.

On Saturday, about 15 members of the Weld County Sheriff's Posse, all on horseback, joined the FBI and Greeley police in ground searches that focused on wooded areas around Greeley West High School and Centerplace, as well as undeveloped areas on the south side of U.S. 34, said Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, Greeley police spokesman. Those areas included the nature area just west of Home Depot, and other undeveloped parcels stretching to the north edge of Evans. Authorities checked a few buildings on the south side of the highway and also combed along ditches and ponds.

Tymkowych said there was no specific reason authorities focused on those areas.

“That's just next on the list,” he said. “We just want to start hitting some of those areas that are a little farther from her place, some places that people don't frequent. We want to be sure we comb them pretty tight today and make sure there's nothing there we should know about.”

Tymkowych said authorities had collected and checked out about 100 leads as of Friday.

“That usually occurs,” he said of high-profile cases such as this that draw national media attention. “We start to have people who come in and give us a call and send e-mails, and we're hoping that continues. Anything a person even remotely might believe to be a piece to this puzzle we want to know about it — you bet.”

Mackenzie Wilson, Kayleah's older brother, spoke briefly to the media at the family's home Saturday.

“It's just a roller coaster,” said Mackenzie, 17. “We don't know. We are just waiting and hoping people will help.”

Assistance from the community grows daily in the effort to find Kayleah. Students at Brentwood Middle School, which Kayleah attends, made ribbons Thursday to raise awareness of her disappearance. One of her classmates is making T-shirts with Kayleah's picture, and the Village Inn, 921 30th Ave. in Greeley, on Saturday gave free biscuits and gravy to volunteers helping in the search.

“We just wanted to help them out,” said Renee Hudspeth, a manager at the restaurant.

Asked how his family is holding up, Mackenzie said, “It's just stressful. We're getting anyone possible to help.”

Tymkowych said late Saturday he wasn't sure how the search would progress today, other than saying that authorities are continuing to work round the clock. About 50 FBI personnel have joined in the effort. Searches are planned to continue in the Greeley area by the Weld County Sheriff's Posse and numerous individuals on foot.

He said the search of the ponds was part of a thorough canvassing of the undeveloped areas in the vicinity of Kayleah's home.

On Friday, authorities were scattered along 30th Street, south of the Greeley Mall, stopping traffic and handing out photos of the missing girl. The birthday party Kayleah was supposed to attend was held in that area. About 500 motorists were asked if they'd seen anything on March 28.

“It's just an expanded, selective kind of search to make sure there's nothing there we need to focus on,” Tymkowych said. “Ideally, it would be nice to find her sitting in those trees too scared to go home. That's just not happening yet.”

Tribune reporter Nate A. Miller

contributed to this report.

T-shirt effort
Suzi Larson said her daughter, a close friend Kayleah Wilson, has been very distressed by Kayleah's disappearance and wanted to help.

“After they did the ribbons (at their school, Brentwood Middle School), she sat down and talked to me, and we decided that we were going to do T-shirts,” Larson said.

They made five shirts with a picture of Kayleah on the front and the message “Have you seen me?” underneath. On the back is a personal message by the girl: “We miss you Kayleah.”

Larson declined to give her daughter's name because “she's having a very hard time with it.” The mother and daughter came up with the T-shirt designs on their home computer.

Larson said her daughter wore the shirt to Brentwood on Friday, while her two sons wore them to Central High School and Monfort Elementary School, respectively. Shirts were also given to two friends of Larson's daughter.

“Some girls saw them (at school) and wanted them, and that's how this got started,” Larson said. “You get her face out there, and hopefully we can help the family at the same time.”

The Larson family so far has bought 36 T-shirts from Michael's Arts and Crafts in Greeley. Larson said they plan to sell the shirts at cost, about $4 to $6, and encourage buyers to also donate a dollar or more to help the Wilson family. “We want to have orders before we start making them,” Larson said, noting she's getting help in the effort from a friend and her sister.

“We just want one less worry for them,” she said of the Wilsons. “We don't want them to have to worry about money at this point. They have enough on their plates.”

To order a shirt, e-mail Suzi Larson at ssuzieq228@msn.com.

Thoughts and prayers on Web
A Facebook group, “Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return,” has been started to give supporters a place to connect. More than 1,500 people had joined the group by late Saturday.

The following is a sampling of some of the comments as they appear on Facebook:

» “For Kayleah and all of the missing children, prayers to you and your families.”

» “This has hit home. I work in Greeley and this girl is a student in my next door neighbor's class. I also work with my neighbor's sister and both of their husbands are cops. At least the FBI is involved to help Greeley police find her!”

» “Praying for Kayleah's safe return. You are constantly in our thoughts, prayers, and conversations.”

» “Please bless and hold this dear child and her family in your heart, Father. Keep her safe and guide her home. Thank you for bringing the media and FBI to help in this search. Please grant them the grace to do this for every child who disappears.”

» “As our day begins with Easter egg hunts and happiness, we are not forgetting Kayleah and all our thoughts and prayers will include her. I am praying also that whoever has her; that God will reach down and make them come forward with her. ... Our God is powerful. All of our prayers are powerful to the Lord's heart! Pray ... all day.”

» “I hope Kayleah comes home safely, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.”

Source: “Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return” page at www.facebook.com

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100404/NEWS/100409825/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2010, 11:48:06 AM »

my house my son and his friends and a normal night lol
http://en.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=en-3179359

my son and kids being odd as usuall lol
http://en.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=en-3179314
I really, really wish that people would keep their stupidity off of videos. No point at all.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Thanks for all the updates.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »

Ginger Weber:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=sgm&id=100000533516488

Heart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/police-ask-motorists-for-434846.html
Police ask motorists for help finding Colo. girl
Sunday, April 4, 2010

This undated photo provided by the Greeley Police Department shows Kayleah Wilson. Wilson, 12, was last seen Sunday afternoon, March 28, 2010, while going to a friend's birthday party with only the clothes on her back and an asthma inhaler. Authorities say she never arrived at the birthday party. (AP Photo/Greeley Police Department) NO SALES

GREELEY, Colo. — Authorities are canvassing neighborhoods and talking to motorists in Greeley, Colo., as the search for a missing 12-year-old girl continues.  More>>>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100404/NEWS/100409813/1002&parentprofile=1001
Mother attempts to hang on to hope despite discouraging results
Sunday, April 4, 2010

On a day when Christians celebrate a miracle, Darin and Lynette Greghorn gathered April Wilson in a circle and prayed for one.

Even as hope gets harder and harder to find, a week after her daughter, Kayleah, 12, disappeared, April prayed in the Northern Colorado Cowboy Church for something good to happen.

She reminded herself to hope. She picked the Cowboy Church to attend Easter services — Sunday was only her second time there — because Kayleah told her mother she wanted to go there for Easter before she left for a friend's birthday party. She hasn't been seen since.

“Honestly,” April said, “I wanted her to walk through the doors. It would have been lovely.”

That didn't happen, but April and her mother, Brenda Jamison, still had reasons to hope. At least 60 agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations, 25 to 30 officers from the Greeley Police Department and others from the Weld County Sheriff's Office worked through Easter to hunt for any scrap of Kayleah's whereabouts. They combed the eight to 10 blocks where they think Kayleah might have walked to the party in Evans, mostly in the cornfields and ditches and areas behind a lumberyard, all of it raked by the weekend's powerful spring winds as well as the areas surrounding the Greeley Mall.

Read the rest of this story in Monday's Tribune.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23050188/detail.html
FBI Gets More Than 200 Tips In Search For Missing Girl
Despite Calls, Still No Sign Of Missing Girl

Sunday, April 4, 2010

GREELEY, Colo. -- The FBI confirmed it has received 254 tips concerning the disappearance of Kayleah Wilson. On Friday, that number was listed at 100.

The 12-year-old Greeley girl went missing last Sunday on her way to a friend's birthday party.

On Easter Sunday, investigators went back to the area where the girl lived, hoping to talk to people who may not normally be home during the day.Click here to find out more!

Later on Sunday night, investigators may search some abandoned buildings on 29th Street, not far from where Kayleah was believed to have been walking.

Now, one week later, some families at the local park said they have to curb the freedom enjoyed by their children and grandchildren.

"Yeah. You get a little bit more leery. Especially, come, when it starts getting dark, keep a closer eye on them. Don't want them to wonder off," said Tim Arguello, a local grandfather.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:46:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100403/NEWS/100409869/1002&parentprofile=1001
Kayleah Wilson case: Online support continues to roll in for missing girl
April 3, 2010

A special Facebook page, “Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return,” was started by Michelle Thompson of Greeley to give supporters a special place to connect. More than 400 people had joined the page by late Thursday night. That number tripled Friday to 1,247.

Here is a sampling of the comments posted Friday:

» “This is a parents worst nightmare ... I can't even imagine ... your in my thoughts and prayers!!!”

» “We are praying for her safe return, for her family's strength, and for the law enforcement assigned to this case to be guided by God to find her quickly.”

» “Our thoughts are with the Wilson family and this inspires us all to hug our kids and hold them close.”

» “We will keep her in our hearts and prayers. Please everyone, do the same.”

» “Don't worry, Kayleah!! We will find you safe!”

» “I live just on the other side of the bypass, and I have a 11-year-old and it's scary and I pray that she will come home soon and safe.”

» “I will keep posting her story and pic on my page and ask all my friends to repost until we find her!”

» “Let there be angels to lead you home to your mom ... she's worried about you...”

Source: “Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return” page at www.facebook.com

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »

Another within the search area.  There appears to be several apartment complexes facing the highway on 28th Street. 

http://www.greeleypd.com/sexoffenders/sexo/all_listing.asp

did this guy shave his eyebrows?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.