March 18, 2024, 09:45:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365050 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »

rbstark1  rbstark1 says:

Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post

23rd ave runs along the west side of the mall and 30th street runs along the south side of the mall. Obviously I don't know how far the cameras range but it would make sense to come down 23rd ave and cross the parking lot to 30th street that would be a short cut, so I would guess the cameras would have a good view of the parking lot. If the rain stops today I will go out and take some pictures to give everyone a better view of this area....hard to describe to give you a good visual....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5020391&postcount=508

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »

I hope that this child is hiding...but what would be the reason for it? I haven't seen anything that says that she was unhappy at home....she is a good student...ex boyfriend is accounted for and cooperating..unless she was unhappy about the breakup with the boyfriend and was trying to get his attention? dunno....I am just so hoping that she is hiding out somewhere and is safe...but where? who would protect her hiding this long? someone would talk I would think....

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2010, 12:11:43 PM »

YellowSubmarine says:

I really don't think she would have went through the mall as a shortcut, but if she were trying to waste a few minutes, maybe. When I was out on the 1st taking pics, I did not see any surveillance cameras in the parking lot, only ones attached to the delivery doors - the big garage type. I will look at that area more closely, though. If the party was in the 1900 blk of 30th, it is very small run-down apts that I have a pic of on that photobucket acct. I also have a pic of the parking lot where she would have crossed, but knowing now this is very likely, I'll get more.

Once she came across 23rd ave, she would cut through the parking lot from the northwest corner heading southeast. If the apts are the 1900 30th st, they are about halfway down 30th st - about halfway in the parking lot. She would have probably walked by the Perkins and Olive Garden and would be half way between the RoadKill Cafe and the mall by the Dillards and JC Penney entrances. Keep in mind from the map Grayjay posted, the mall is not that close to the streets. There is quite a bit of parking lot between, as well as outlying businesses.

I wonder, since now they are saying she was supposed to meet the friend before the party/mall area, that the friend didn't wait and the reason we are hearing nothing about/from them is because of the guilt they feel ???

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5020587&postcount=534

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »

Mother does not think daughter ran away.

(Video) MSNBC

http://video.tvguide.com/Today/Paren...t+hope/4818226

Heart
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »

I don't think she ran away either. That wouldn't make any sense. She was doing well in school and proud of herself for that per the comment on myspace.
She was going in the direction she said she was, towards the birthday party. I am sure LE has made sure there was actually a party she was going to attend. A mall is a spot known to have teenaged or young girls walking around, I am sure it is a spot a pedo would hang around. I think she was abducted, to me that is the only thing that makes sense.

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2010, 02:32:37 PM »

KAYLEAH WILSON UPDATE: Search continues in northwest Greeley

Staff reports
Share on Facebook Email Print Comment
Recommend (1)
The search for missing 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson continued in northwest Greeley this morning with law enforcement authorities saying there's no significant new information in the case.

Authorities from several law-enforcement agencies as well as volunteers were searching the area surrounding the Greeley Rover Run Dog Park this morning. The park is in the 5200 block of F Street in northwest Greeley. The area is not being searched because of a specific tip but as a general area of interest.

A Greeley police and Denver Federal Bureau of Investigation press release reported that the only new information this morning is that more than 300 leads are now being pursued in the case. There will not be a press conference this afternoon, the release stated.

Ken Turner, a cousin of Kayleah who said he is the family spokesman, was selling T-shirts this morning in front of the Dollar Tree store at 2900 10th Street in Greeley. The T-shirts show a picture of Kayleah on the front, and are available for $5.

"But people are donating much more than the $5," Turner said. "They are being very generous." Turner said the funds raised from the sale would help pay for a candlelight vigil that is scheduled this Friday night for Kayleah.

Both the Greeley police and FBI have said they aren't certain at this time if the girl has been abducted or is a runaway. A $10,000 reward was offered Monday for information that wll lead to her return.

For the latest updates on the case, check www.greeleytribune.com later today.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100406/NEWS/100409759/1005&parentprofile=1001
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »

FBI now searching for 2nd missing girl

Jace Larson

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - 9Wants to Know has learned FBI agents are investigating the disappearance of another young girl 50 miles away from the place where 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson vanished.
Advertisement

FBI agents are in their early stages of an investigation into a Cheyenne, Wyo. teenage girl's disappearance, said FBI spokesman Dave Joly.

The family of 15-year-old Avalon Gysel reported her missing Sunday morning, according to Cheyenne Police Department spokesman Sgt. Rob Dafoe.

Cheyenne Police Department detectives have classified her as a runaway at this time.

"There is nothing suspicious except she is reported as a runway," Dafoe said.

Gysel's family has posted fliers in the community, Dafoe told 9Wants to Know.

Joly said it is too early to tell if the Cheyenne case has any similarities to the case agents are also working involving the Kayleah case in Greeley.

Kayleah disappeared the afternoon of March 28 when she left her Greeley home to walk to a friend's birthday party.

Greeley is about 50 miles from Cheyenne.

The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information about Wilson's disappearance.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Jim Davis said Monday there is reason to believe Kayleah is still alive and that someone knows of her whereabouts.

"We believe that there is still information out there, that there are people that know something and won't come forward with it for some reason," Davis said.

Authorities also say there is a possibility Kayleah is afraid to come forward because of all the attention drawn to her disappearance.

Kayleah is described as 5-foot, 1-inch tall, 145 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes. She is a student at Brentwood Middle School.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Greeley Police Department at 970-350-9600. Or you can call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

If you would like to contact investigative reporter Jace Larson, e-mail jace.larson@9news.com or call 303-871-1432.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136170&catid=339

Heart
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »

if she had an IPOD with her they could trace it back to a pawn shop if someone tried to pawn it or download more songs. was she carrying a birthday gift? I don't remember reading it in the article but if she was going to a birthday party, I would think she was carrying something... sorry if this is a dumb question, but did she have a cell phone or any money with her?

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »

FBI joins search for girl who vanished on way to party

By Gabriel Falcon, AC360 Writer
April 6, 2010 5:52 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- A $10,000 reward is being offered in the search for a 12-year-old Colorado girl last seen walking to a birthday party at a friend's home.

Kayleah Wilson, who is from Greeley, Colorado, disappeared on her way to the party on Sunday, March 28. The FBI and the Greeley Police Department hope the reward will solve a mystery that began more than a week ago.

"We can't rule anything out at this point," Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych told CNN. "It could be a runaway. It could be an abduction. Right now, we don't have anything to rule out, one side or the other."

Tymkowych said authorities have received more than 300 tips since Kayleah vanished, including two possible sightings at a mall near her home.

"We feel fairly confident that they may have seen her, and those [tips] are being followed up as well," Tymkowych said. "But that would have been during that time span when she left her house and before she was going to arrive at the birthday party."
Video: Girl, 12, vanishes walking to party

"We have a contingent of FBI agents and our own investigators that are working pretty much around the clock," Tymkowych said. Officers are using horseback, all-terrain vehicles, search dogs and an airplane, he said.

Kayleah lives with her mother, brother and grandmother, police said. They also told CNN there is no evidence to suggest any domestic conflicts that would cause her to run away.

Kayleah, who is a student at Brentwood Middle School, was not carrying a cell phone or a bag when she left the home Sunday afternoon for what should have been an eight- or nine-block walk to the party, authorities reported.

"We can't prove what happened to her," Tymkowych said. "We just don't know."

The case reminded him of another incident that occurred in Greeley a quarter of a century ago.

"About 25 years ago, we had a young lady about the same age that actually disappeared from her house," Tymkowych said. "We knew she was dropped off there after a school event, she was home for a short while ... but we were never able to determine what happened to her."

Kayleah was wearing a white-and-pink shirt, blue jeans and white-and-red shoes at the time she was reported missing.

She is 5-foot-1, 145 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair.

Anyone with information about Kayleah's whereabouts is asked to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) or the Greeley Police Department at 970-350-9600.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/06/colorado.missing.girl/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2010, 07:27:46 PM »

if she had an IPOD with her they could trace it back to a pawn shop if someone tried to pawn it or download more songs. was she carrying a birthday gift? I don't remember reading it in the article but if she was going to a birthday party, I would think she was carrying something... sorry if this is a dumb question, but did she have a cell phone or any money with her?
Hi piwannaberookie, I do not believe that Kayleah had a cellphone with her. And now-a-days in some circles and at a certain age group, not taken a gift is no biggie. I have not heard if she had any money with her. 

Heart
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »

There is a sex offender named Benjamin Dale Wilson who lives in Grand Junction, Colorado, http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=CO77586343&aID=&at=1&sid={44B147F2-6B7C-4622-99A1-2F57A8CECC09}&sp=1&nm= I wonder if he is related in any way to Kayleah. Or may the ex boyfriend has a sex offender relative, I wish they would put the names. Thanks Heart for the information, I should read into them more closely.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »

Avolon Gysel

http://www.myspace.com/elementsilver

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:13 AM »

Kayleah Wilson case: Search persists despite scant new information

By Mike Peters

Kayleah's vigil
» Event: Vigil Of Hope
» What: Rally for Kayleah Wilson
» Start time: Friday at 6:30 p.m.
» Where: 134 N. 11 Ave. Greeley

On a cold, rainy Tuesday morning, efforts to find Kayleah Wilson weren't hindered by the weather; her cousin, Ken Turner, was outside a store on West 10th Street with a table, selling T-shirts with the missing 12-year-old's photo on the front and the words “Have you seen me?”

At the same time, Weld County Sheriff's Posse volunteers on horseback and other volunteers on foot walked areas north of Greeley, searching the fields and ditches. “We were hoping to find a little girl with a dirty face, crying to come home,” said Mark Ward, a sheriff's office reserve.

Community concern for the missing girl continues to grow. Michelle Thompson, who started a Facebook page, “Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return” said she now has nearly 3,000 members on the page from around the country, and a search has been organized by people in Greeley.

The search will begin at 8 a.m. today at Riverside Park in Evans. Organizers of the search said if it is snowing or raining this morning, the search may be postponed.

On Tuesday, searchers were at Greeley Rover Run Dog Park, in the 5200 block of F Street in northwest Greeley. The area is not being searched because of a specific tip but as a general area of interest.

Whether the girl ran away or was abducted is still being questioned by Greeley police, the FBI and others involved in the case. In a Monday press conference, Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner made a statement directed to the missing girl, saying she wouldn't be in trouble if she would just come home now.

The FBI, also hinting she could be a runaway, offered a $10,000 reward for information that would lead to her return.

Turner said the T-shirt sales were going well. "And people are donating much more than the $5," he said. "They are being very generous." He said the donated funds will go to pay for the upcoming candlelight vigil at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Higher Grounds activity center on 11th Avenue in north Greeley.

“We have about 200 candles,” Thompson said, who arranged the vigil, “and it looks like we'll need at least 200 more. We're taking donations to pay for that.”

Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said nothing new occurred Tuesday in the search for the girl, but more tips have been called in to the police and FBI. The number of tips now is more than 300.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100407/NEWS/100409723/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100407/NEWS/100409715/1051&ParentProfile=1001

KAYLEAH WILSON UPDATE: Public search for missing girl will begin at 8 a.m.

Staff reports,
The public search for missing 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson is still scheduled to start at 8 a.m. today, said organizer Michelle Thompson.

The search will be at Riverside Park in Evans, 42nd and Golden streets.

Thompson started the Facebook page "Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return" and posted a note on the page late Tuesday night saying the search was "on for sure." The search was organized by community members, not law enforcement. "Dress warm, bring water," Thompson wrote.

For continuing coverage of the Wilson case, check back today at www.greeleytribune.com.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »

A few posts up someone mentions that She would have had to walk past two restaurants. Has LE questioned the workers in the restaurants that Sunday. Excluding family, How many single men did they wait on?  Did any leave about the time that Kayleah was walking by?
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2010, 01:50:32 PM »

I knew a girl in middle school who had a boyfriend who was 24, she liked music a lot, her favorite band was "KISS",  I think she smoked cigarettes or did drugs  or took pills/medication or something like that, maybe was raised by someone not being her biological parent. She wore makeup and had an "attitude", or maybe that was just how she was around me. I don't think Kayleah is anyway like what I just described, if a young man had something to do with her disappearance, he may have thought she was a "runaway", a "punk", etc.. This guy could be caucasian, he could live in another county. It may have been his birthday on sunday. for some reason, John Gardner attacked his victims on days that are close to holidays or the month of his birthday.

If you don't think Kayleah was in any way like this then WHY POST IT?  Please think before posting something that could be construed and derogatory towards Kayleah

CONDA, TROY LEE
105 Division Bl Platteville, CO 80651
Warrant Charge: Fta
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER (MISD)-FAIL TO REGISTER
Bail: $10,000.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 03/19/10
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: D0622009CR000246
DOB: 02/23/1965 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 07"    Weight: 195
Hair: Brown   Eyes: Blue
Race: White
Crime Type: Misdemeanor
 LOPEZ, TY GLENN
Warrant Charge: Sex Offense
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION/MOVE
Bail: $1,000.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 03/15/10
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622010M0000658
DOB: 08/01/1971 Gender: Male
Height: 6' 00"    Weight: 240
Hair: Black   Eyes: Brown
 PEREZ-ENRIQUEZ, JOSE LUIS
Warrant Charge: Prob Violation
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER-MISD-FAIL TO REGISTER
Bail: $2,000.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 05/27/09
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622005M0001952
DOB: 05/30/1979 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 07"    Weight: 170
 PULLIAM, JONATHAN JAMES
1018 15th St #a Greeley, CO 80631
Warrant Charge: Sex Offender Fail To
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER/FAILED TO REGISTER
Orig. Warrant Date: 02/06/09
ORI: Weld County District Court  Warrant: D0622006CR001376
DOB: 03/08/1976 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 11"    Weight: 160
Hair: Brown   Eyes: Hazel
Crime Type: Felony
 ORTIZ, ANTONIO
92 N 8th Av Brighton, CO 80601
Original Charge: FAIL TO REGISTER-SEX OFFENDER
Bail: $5,000.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 11/24/08
ORI: Weld County District Court  Warrant: D0622002CR000497
DOB: 02/22/1971 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 06"    Weight: 160
 ROJAS-ORTIZ, FEDERICO
3524 W 24th St #5-103 Greeley, CO 80634
Warrant Charge: Public Order Crimes
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER FAILED TO REGISTER
Orig. Warrant Date: 09/15/08
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622008M0002861
DOB: 03/01/1977 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 06"    Weight: 190
Hair: Brown   Eyes: Brown
Crime Type: NA
 HARRIS, LARRY GLENN
2128 W 7th Sr Greeley, CO
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER
Bail: $2,500.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 12/14/07
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622002M0002981
DOB: 12/26/1967 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 11"    Weight: 175
Hair: Blonde   Eyes: Blue
 TERRAZAS-BELTRAN, MANUEL
3008 Sunset Dr #2 Evans, CO 80620
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER/FAIL TO DEREGISTER
Orig. Warrant Date: 03/22/07
ORI: Weld County District Court  Warrant: D0622006CR002622
DOB: 10/19/1976 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 06"    Weight: 175
Hair: Black   Eyes: Black
 MELENDEZ, MELVIN
1428 10th St Greeley, CO 80631
Warrant Charge: Fta
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER/FAILED TO REGISTER
Bail: $0.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 09/26/06
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622005M0000835
DOB: 01/30/1980 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 03"    Weight: 120
 PECK, DONALD
475 S Pine St Keenesburg, CO
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER (MISD)-FAIL TO REGISTER
Orig. Warrant Date: 07/07/05
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622005M0001837
DOB: 09/12/1969 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 10"    Weight: 178
Hair: Brown   Eyes: Brown
Crime Type: NA
 RENFRO, ROBERT EUGENE
Warrant Charge: Sex Offender Fail To
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER FAIL TO REGISTER/MOVE
Bail: $5,000.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 05/06/05
ORI: Weld County Court  Warrant: C0622005M0001215
DOB: 10/02/1947 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 10"    Weight: 165
Hair: Red   Eyes: Blue
 GUTIERREZ, PEDRO LOZANO
444 Holbrook St Erie, CO 80516
Warrant Charge:
Original Charge: FLD TO REGISTER AS SEX OFFENDER/FLD TO
Orig. Warrant Date: 09/12/03
ORI: Weld County District Court  Warrant: D0622001CR001640
DOB: 06/29/1944 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 05"    Weight: 135
MASONER, MARK JOHN
2700 W C St #64 Greeley, CO 80631
Warrant Charge: Sex Offense-free Tex
Original Charge: SEX OFFENDER
Bail: $3,000.00
Orig. Warrant Date: 07/03/02
ORI: Weld County District Court  Warrant: D0622002CR000822
DOB: 04/17/1973 Gender: Male
Height: 5' 10"    Weight: 170

Hair: Brown   Eyes: Blue
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:40:48 PM by klaasend » Logged

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2010, 02:00:57 PM »

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/warrants/index.cfm?task=results&sub_but=y&lname=&fname=&city=&zip=&bailamount=&war_date=&severity=&mycharge=sex%20offender&mycharge2=&ori=&orderbyorder=war_date%20desc# sex offender warrant list weld county sheriff

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/warrants/index.cfm?task=results&sub_but=y&lname=&fname=&city=&zip=&bailamount=&war_date=&severity=&mycharge=escape&mycharge2=&ori=&orderbyorder=war_date%20desc ESCAPEE warrant list weld county sheriff

katrina dinges, 16 years old since april 2009 /missing/endangered/ from johnstown colorado, websleuths say 17 miles away from greeley, co
http://www.weldsheriff.com/WarrantsFugitivesMissingPersons/Warrants/MissingPersons.html 

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »

Volunteer searcher Barb Garcia looks for clues to the disappearance of Kayleah Wilson in the bushes, ponds and along the banks of the South Platte River on Thursday morning at Riverside Park in Evans.

KAYLEAH WILSON UPDATE: Public search reveals little at Riverside Park

ERIC BELLAMY/ebellamy@greeleytribune.com

A handful of people gathered this morning at Riverside Park to continue the search for Kayleah Wilson, ducking under trees and shrubs and scanning the muddy sides of the South Platte River.

The small group, led by Ken Turner, a cousin of Kayleah, spanned much of the park, 42nd Street and Golden Street in Evans. As Turner trudged through the tall grasses and shrubs beside the river, he carried fliers showing her face — nervously asking joggers and visitors to the area if they had seen her.

After two hours, however, there was no sign of the sixth-grader from Brentwood Middle School, 2600 24th Ave. Court in Greeley.

Walking behind Turner, his friend, Julia Breeden, said the search process has been agonizing.

"When you care about somebody that is in his situation, you vacillate and that's what exhausts you quickly,” said Breeden, before pausing momentarily. "This is… feels hopeless doesn't it? When you're looking for a needle in a haystack, you know what you're looking for and you knoww what haystack.

"If you're looking for a person, she could be two states away. But you can't stay home, so you've got to do something.”

Joe Tymkowych, spokesman for the Greeley Police Department, said there were no new developments overnight and authorities are continuing to search for her.

He added, however, that efforts like the one led by Turner are appreciated. He urged those who find anything to call the Greeley Police Department at (970) 350-9600.

“Of course, we encourage that,” Tymkowych said. “Anything that people can do to help us out — get the word out, do a litlte bit of looking around in different places — that's fine.”

Police have received more than 325 leads in the case.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Kayleah. Call 1 (800) CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).

For more, see Thursday's edition of the Tribune.
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100407/NEWS/100409715/1005&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »

Facebook group organizes public search for missing 12-year-old

posted by Dan Boniface

EVANS - As the FBI and Greeley Police try to piece together what happened to 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson, a Facebook group has started up, generating a lot of interest and publicity in the case.
Advertisement

It is called: "Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return."

As of Wednesday morning, there were more than 3,000 members of the Facebook group. A public search was organized through the Facebook group and searchers were set to start Wednesday morning at Riverside Park in Evans.

Kayleah went missing on Sunday, March 28 when she left her home to walk to a friend's birthday party. She never arrived.

Authorities are offering a $10,000 reward for information in the case. They say they have received more than 300 leads, and have searched more than 1,000 residences in the area. Investigators also scoured a pond on the southwest side of Greeley.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136227&catid=339

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

Handful of people search Riverside Park for Kayleah

Jakob Rodgers

A handful of people gathered Wednesday morning at Riverside Park to continue the search for Kayleah Wilson, ducking under trees and shrubs and scanning the muddy sides of the South Platte River.

The small, led by Ken Turner, a cousin of Kayleah, spanned much of the park, 42nd Street and Golden Street in Evans. As Turner trudged through the tall grasses and shrubs beside the river, he carried fliers showing her face — nervously asking joggers and visitors to the area if they had seen her.

After two hours, however, there was no sign of the sixth grader from Brentwood Middle School, 2600 24th Ave. Court in Greeley.

Joe Tymkowych, spokesman for the Greeley Police Department, said there were no new developments overnight and authorities are continuing to search for her.

He added, however, that efforts like the one led by Turner are appreciated. He urged those who find anything to call the Greeley Police Department at (970) 350-9600.

“Of course, we encourage that,” Tymkowych said. “Anything that people can do to help us out — get the word out, do a litlte bit of looking around in different places — that's fine.”

For more, see Thursday's edition of the Tribune.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100407/NEWS/100409707/1051&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.