March 18, 2024, 09:11:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365047 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »

Update on missing girl, day 12

Staff reports

While the Greeley police and FBI continue to search for Kayleah Wilson or for clues as to why she disappeared almost two weeks ago, there were no new leads announced in the case.

The last press conference was Tuesday, and none was held Friday. Only a brief announcement came from FBI spokesman Dave Joly regarding the $10,000 reward for information leading to the return of the 12-year-old girl.

Kayleah disappeared March 28, after she left her home in south Greeley to go to a birthday party. Greeley police and the FBI have a surveillance film showing her in the Greeley Mall parking lot shortly after she left her home. She appeared to be all right at that time, and alone.

A candlelight vigil for the missing girl and her family is scheduled for tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Higher Grounds activity center, 134 N. 11th Ave.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Greeley police at (970) 350-9600, or the FBI hotline at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100409/NEWS/100409615/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Heart
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »

Did the mom do an interview or something? I think I must have missed it, would someone mind bumping it? I can't find one.
TIA!

Tracy....There is a link posted a page or two back. I think I watched the interview either last night or the night before.

Goodnight all!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »

Mother does not think daughter ran away.

(Video) MSNBC

http://video.tvguide.com/Today/Paren...t+hope/4818226

ugh that was hard to watch. Poor woman...I pray they find her soon
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2010, 01:58:10 AM »

Did the mom do an interview or something? I think I must have missed it, would someone mind bumping it? I can't find one.
TIA!

Tracy....There is a link posted a page or two back. I think I watched the interview either last night or the night before.

Goodnight all!

Thanks Darla for telling me where to look! Found it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100410/NEWS/100419981/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Holding onto hope: Family, friends pray at vigil for Kayleah Wilson's safe return

By Jakob Rodgers,
The vigil for Kayleah Wilson on Friday started like so many other vigils: Quiet, solemn and peaceful.

Inside the doors to Higher Grounds, organizers passed out candles and greeted newcomers with solemn faces. Nearby, dozens of people sat silently, wearing T-shirts printed with Kayleah's picture.

Still, despite all this quiet resolve, something remained different: This vigil was not meant for mourning. People wept, yes, but they did not grieve. Rather, these people gathered to pray.

“This isn't a vigil that we have given up — it is a vigil that we are continuing to do our quest and bring her home,” said Michelle Thompson, who has organized a Facebook page in support of Kayleah.

In all, about 75 people gathered Friday at the teen hangout, 134 11th Ave. in Greeley, to rally around search efforts for Kayleah, 12, who has been missing since March 28 after she left her house to attend a birthday party.

The vigil came on the eve of a new search effort led by the Texas-based Laura Recovery Center to find the sixth-grader of Brentwood Middle School. After the vigil, organizers called for members of the community to gather today and Sunday at Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St. in Greeley, to take part in the new search effort.

Still, as organizers called for new volunteers, neither the Greeley Police Department nor the FBI offered any new developments Friday in their own search for Kayleah — a common theme the past two weeks as clues to Kayleah's location have been scant.

So with so new little information, the gathering turned into a “vigil of hope.”

“That's why we rally around each other, is to keep that hope — to keep our heads up; to keep going,” said April Wilson, Kayleah's mother. “We want her found. She needs to come home; that's what all this was for — for her to even see that she has so many people that love her and care about her and want her home.”

As the vigil drew to a close, one of the vigil's leaders read a few verses from the book of Matthew. Though a prayer would soon follow, Ryan Dougherty first reflected on the story of a shepherd that lost one sheep in a herd of 100 — but later searched for it and brought it back.

“In that same way, your father in heaven is not willing that any of these young ones should be lost,” Dougherty said to the crowd as the order was given to blow out the candles.

Indeed, for many the search was just beginning.

“We're leaving the light on for her,” said Janice Jesser, a friend of Kayleah's grandmother.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »

Bowing their heads in silence, Jessica Thompson, 12, left, Janice Jesser, center left, Patrick Prullwitz, 16, center right, and Marco Reyes, 16, attend the Vigil of Hope for missing 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson on Friday night at Higher Grounds in Greeley. Kayleah has been missing for almost two weeks.
ERIC BELLAMY/ebellamy@greeleytribune.com

Holding onto hope: Family, friends pray at vigil for Kayleah Wilson's safe return
By Jakob Rodgers

The vigil for Kayleah Wilson on Friday started like so many other vigils: Quiet, solemn and peaceful.

Inside the doors to Higher Grounds, organizers passed out candles and greeted newcomers with solemn faces. Nearby, dozens of people sat silently, wearing T-shirts printed with Kayleah's picture.

Still, despite all this quiet resolve, something remained different: This vigil was not meant for mourning. People wept, yes, but they did not grieve. Rather, these people gathered to pray.

“This isn't a vigil that we have given up — it is a vigil that we are continuing to do our quest and bring her home,” said Michelle Thompson, who has organized a Facebook page in support of Kayleah.

In all, about 75 people gathered Friday at the teen hangout, 134 11th Ave. in Greeley, to rally around search efforts for Kayleah, 12, who has been missing since March 28 after she left her house to attend a birthday party.

The vigil came on the eve of a new search effort led by the Texas-based Laura Recovery Center to find the sixth-grader of Brentwood Middle School. After the vigil, organizers called for members of the community to gather today and Sunday at Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St. in Greeley, to take part in the new search effort.

Still, as organizers called for new volunteers, neither the Greeley Police Department nor the FBI offered any new developments Friday in their own search for Kayleah — a common theme the past two weeks as clues to Kayleah's location have been scant.

So with so new little information, the gathering turned into a “vigil of hope.”

“That's why we rally around each other, is to keep that hope — to keep our heads up; to keep going,” said April Wilson, Kayleah's mother. “We want her found. She needs to come home; that's what all this was for — for her to even see that she has so many people that love her and care about her and want her home.”

As the vigil drew to a close, one of the vigil's leaders read a few verses from the book of Matthew. Though a prayer would soon follow, Ryan Dougherty first reflected on the story of a shepherd that lost one sheep in a herd of 100 — but later searched for it and brought it back.

“In that same way, your father in heaven is not willing that any of these young ones should be lost,” Dougherty said to the crowd as the order was given to blow out the candles.

Indeed, for many the search was just beginning.

“We're leaving the light on for her,” said Janice Jesser, a friend of Kayleah's grandmother.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100410/NEWS/100419981/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »

Lol klaasend,  You can remove my post if you wish. We were posting at the same time. 

Heart
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »

Lol klaasend,  You can remove my post if you wish. We were posting at the same time. 

No that's OK we'll leave both 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100410/NEWS/100419979/1051&ParentProfile=1001

UPDATE: No new clues in Kayleah Wilson case

Staff Reports,
There is nothing new in the case of Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing for almost two weeks.

Capt. Juan Cruz of the Greeley Police Department said volunteers, under the coordination of the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children of Friendswood, Texas, with assistance from the Weld County Sheriff's Office, are searching an area of Weld County north and northeast of Greeley today.

Individuals interesting in helping with that search are asked to report to the Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St., Greeley, where they will be trained by representatives from the Texas organization. The search will continue into this afternoon and another search will be organized for 8-5 p.m., Sunday.

Participants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid state issued identification.

For more information, call the Laura Recovery Center at (866) 898-5723.

Anyone with information about Kayleah's whereabouts is asked to call (800) 225-5324.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2010, 05:38:04 PM »

Group from Texas organizes search for Greeley 12-year-old

GREELEY - An organization in Texas that specializes in searching for missing children organized a search on Saturday morning for Kayleah Wilson nearly two weeks after she first disappeared.
Advertisement

According to Greeley Police, Kayleah left her Greeley home to walk to a friend's birthday party on March 28, but never showed up.

The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children from Friendswood, Texas began a search for Kayleah on Saturday at 8 a.m. It ends at 5 p.m., but will resume on Sunday again at 8 a.m.

The Laura Recovery Center assists in missing children cases across the country. It is named after Laura Kate Smither who was kidnapped and murdered in April 1997. Her body was not found for 17 days. No one has been charged in her murder.

On Friday night in Greeley, dozens of people gathered for a candlelight vigil for Kayleah.

Both Greeley Police and the FBI say they have had hundreds of tips about her, but still have no trace of her. Investigators say they are still not sure if she ran away or if she was abducted.

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, says she is still hopeful her daughter will return home safely.

Those interested in helping with the search for Kayleah this weekend, can go to the Journey Christian Church in Greeley. The address is 2332 W 27th Street. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and show a valid state identification.

For additional information, call the Laura Recovery Center at 866-898-5723.

Kayeah is 5 feet, 1 inch tall, 145 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. Police are offering a $10,000 for information in the case.

They are asking you to call 1-800-CALL-FBI if you have any information.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136553&catid=339

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2010, 05:48:59 PM »

Missing Wyoming girl found; search for Greeley girl continues

GILLETTE, Wyo. — Authorities say a missing 14-year-old girl from Gillette has been found in Colorado.

Police Sgt. Chuck Deaton says Tiffany Olivia Garcia-Barnett was found early today in Trinidad.

Police say she ran away Thursday with two older men she met through a social networking Web site. An Amber Alert was issued Friday after her parents reported she had run away.

On Friday there were reports that they were driving through Colorado on their way to New Mexico.

Meantime, a group of searchers from Texas began its efforts this morning in searching for Kayleah Wilson, a 12-year-old girl who has been missing from her Greeley home since March 28.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100410/UPDATES01/100410004/Missing+Wyoming+girl+found++search+for+Greeley+girl+continues

Heart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »

GILLETTE, Wyo. — Authorities say a missing 14-year-old girl from Gillette has been found in Colorado.

Police Sgt. Chuck Deaton says Tiffany Olivia Garcia-Barnett was found early today in Trinidad.

Police say she ran away Thursday with two older men she met through a social networking Web site. An Amber Alert was issued Friday after her parents reported she had run away.

On Friday there were reports that they were driving through Colorado on their way to New Mexico.

Meantime, a group of searchers from Texas began its efforts this morning in searching for Kayleah Wilson, a 12-year-old girl who has been missing from her Greeley home since March 28.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100410/UPDATES01/100410004/Missing+Wyoming+girl+found++search+for+Greeley+girl+continues

I'm glad Tiffany was found.  For a minute there when I read the headline of the article I thought it was Kayleah that had been found.  Tiffany's case has nothing to do with kayleah's case, does it?  They were in different states, and their ages are close by two years.  Why not start a thread in the  missing found  safe forum  for an article like Tiffany's, instead of posting it in Kayleah's thread?    It causes confusion because this is a dedicated thread for Kayleah, not a general missing person's thread, imo.  I've been seeing more and more posters doing this same thing.  If the article being posted has something to do with the missing person's case, it would be a good idea to indicate how you think they may be linked.  If the article has nothing to do with the case thread it is OT and really doesn't belong here.  It's best to create a thread for that person's case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

Muffy - In this case it was one of the news articles that possibly linked the 2 cases and implied that LE was looking at a possible link.  I never understood why myself.

This was the article- posted on the previous page:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136170&catid=339
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

I sure hope that this child is found safe...
how do people/children just disappear off of the face of the earth??? someone somewhere knows something...!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »

Muffy - In this case it was one of the news articles that possibly linked the 2 cases and implied that LE was looking at a possible link.  I never understood why myself.

This was the article- posted on the previous page:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136170&catid=339

I saw the article you are referring to and the girls name was Avolon Gysel who was found safe.  And the article says "
FBI agents do not believe there was any connection between the two cases.".  So this is STILL another case posted in Kayleah's thread, (previously) besides Tiffany Olivia Garcia-Barnett, which was the post by Heart that I was questioning why it was posted in this thread.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »

I'm glad Tiffany was found.  For a minute there when I read the headline of the article I thought it was Kayleah that had been found.  Tiffany's case has nothing to do with kayleah's case, does it?  They were in different states, and their ages are close by two years.  Why not start a thread in the  missing found  safe forum  for an article like Tiffany's, instead of posting it in Kayleah's thread?    It causes confusion because this is a dedicated thread for Kayleah, not a general missing person's thread, imo.  I've been seeing more and more posters doing this same thing.  If the article being posted has something to do with the missing person's case, it would be a good idea to indicate how you think they may be linked.  If the article has nothing to do with the case thread it is OT and really doesn't belong here.  It's best to create a thread for that person's case.

This article was posted because when I did a google news search on Kayleah, this article came up with that search and also mentions Kayleah within it.  See the highlighted sentence. I agree it is confusing but I did not write the article.   

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »

Volunteers Pick Up Search For Missing Girl

Texas Group Leads New Effort In Greeley

POSTED: 3:43 pm MDT April 10, 2010
UPDATED: 6:02 pm MDT April 10, 2010

GREELEY, Colo. -- A group from Texas is leading a new search for 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson, the Greeley girl who disappeared nearly two weeks ago.

"We were contacted by Kayleah's family to come and organize a community search," said Sandy Stafford, a spokeswoman for The Laura Recovery Center For Missing Children -- a Texas based nonprofit organization.

On Saturday, the organization led about 50 volunteers -- mostly from across Colorado -- in searching areas in Greeley that law enforcement hadn't searched previously.

Suzanne Little drove up from Commerce City to help in the search effort.

"This story kind of hit home because I had a niece that was abducted and murdered," said Little. She joined Greeley bus driver Stuart Lawrence in searching Glenmere Park.

"I feel like I might have even seen her once or twice before her disappearance, and I felt this is something I wanted to participate in," Lawrence said.

They picked through long, dry brush, canvassed acres of open grassy areas and looked behind thick shrubs.

"We're checking for any odors, unusual odors that might be present, of course pieces of clothing, just anything that's out of the ordinary," Lawrence said.

Their search Saturday didn't yield any new clues. However, Little was happy she could help rule out another place to search. She urged other people in the community to keep looking.

"It was four months, almost four months before they found my niece," she said, "They kept looking. Although she was deceased when they found her, at least they found her."

The Laura Recovery Center For Missing Children has helped search for more than 100 other children and has found them 30 percent of the time.

Another organized search for Kayleah Wilson is scheduled for Sunday. Volunteers are asked to show up at Journey Christian Church, located at 23rd Avenue and 27th St., anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Organizers said volunteers should bring a state-issued I.D. card and to leave children and dogs at home.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23113290/detail.html

Heart
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: April 11, 2010, 12:10:13 AM »

out of curiosity, i would like to know if kayleah's neighorhood has a neighborhood watch program, what the gang presence is around Greeley's mall area, and more. I googled up "Greeley gang presence" and found an interesting article by J.R. Roberts that talks abouts the gangs in the Greeley Mall area and also neighborhood watch program around that city. The article is pretty old though, from 2005. I'm not sure about the credibility of the article or if I should post it here, but I am concerned about the gang activity, presence, members in the greeley area, if they had something to do with Kayleah disappearing. Link: http://www.jrrobertssecurity.com/security-news/security-crime-news0068.htm

Snipped:

"These kids today don't even have respect for their teachers. They don't even have respect for the cops," said Renner, a former Greeley-Evans School District 6 bus monitor. "It's a hell of a mess."

It's a mess that Renner responds to with locks and chains on her doors and bitterness in her heart.

"It all changed," Renner said of her neighborhood. "Why did it all change?"

Twenty-five blocks to the south, Joann Aguilar and Susie Garcia ask the same question.

Like Renner, these longtime residents of the Greeley Mall-area watched gang activity change their neighborhood for the worse. In the past 18 months, three gang-related shootings have occurred within blocks of their homes.

"This used to be a pretty safe neighborhood," Garcia said. "I used to go to the mall and not even lock the door."

Not a chance that will happen today. Not after Garcia's house was broken into and her car were windows smashed out three times. Garcia's neighbors moved away after their fence, pickup truck and car were tagged with gang graffiti. Her own house has been a canvas for graffiti:

Someone wrote "Sureño 13" on the west side of her home about a year ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100411/NEWS/100419937/1002&parentprofile=1001
Kayleah Wilson case: With Laura in mind, group joins search for missing Greeley girl
sunday, April 11, 2010

An organization that came to Greeley to help in the hunt for Kayleah Wilson, 12, gathered about 50 volunteers to search areas north and northeast of the city Saturday.

“We'd like to have five times that,” said Dawn Davis of the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children.

Davis and two others from the group came to Greeley from Friendswood, Texas, just outside Houston, where the organization was founded in 1997 after the disappearance of Laura Smither, who also was 12 years old.

Davis said that young girl went out for a run and when she didn't return about 20 minutes later, law enforcement agencies were notified.

“The whole community turned out to look for her,” Davis said. Unfortunately, the remains of the girl were found 17 days later.

Greeley police Capt. Juan Cruz said nothing new turned up from Saturday's search. Davis said volunteers are also needed today when the organization conducts a second search.

The Laura Recovery Center formed after a review of the search efforts for Laura Smither turned up several errors, Davis said. The organization has developed guidelines for searching for missing children that it distributes in the form of a brochure.

Presently, Davis said, the organization's focus is on education, searches and prevention.

Saturday, the group pored over maps of the area and identified areas it felt needed to be searched and cleared. The effort was organized by the three from Texas, with the blessings of the Greeley Police Department and Weld County Sheriff's Office.

“I've worked with a lot of law enforcement agencies and I'll you they are among the best,” Davis said of the two local agencies.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2010, 11:47:12 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136553&provider=top&catid=188
Disappointing turnout in search for missing girl
Sunday, April 11, 2010

GREELEY - Volunteers who traveled hundreds of miles to search for a missing Colorado girl say the effort could use a lot more people. Out-of-state help has arrived to search for Kayleah Wilson, but the local help they wanted did not arrive.
Kayleah Wilson was last seen on March 28 when she left her house to go to a birthday party. She never arrived.

Greeley Police and the FBI have taken hundreds of tips, and now a volunteer group from Texas has come to Colorado to search.

The group calls themselves a "grassroots operation with big hopes."

Those hopes were dimmed Saturday when only 40 volunteers showed up.

Of those 40 volunteers, most of them were strangers to Kayleah.

"I just thought about her mom. You know, I thought I can't not help, I can't not do something," volunteer Joe Bouchard said.

Each of the volunteers had their own reason for dedicating hours of their weekend to search for Kayleah.

Some of the searchers were students at the University of Northern Colorado, others were sympathetic parents, and there were also a few local experienced searchers.

"I just thought if it were my little girl, I'd want everybody in the town helping," Bouchard said.

The teams tried not to retrace the steps of police. They looked for any evidence that might be tied to Kayleah.

The Laura Recovery Center, a nonprofit child search organization, spearheaded Saturday's search. The Recovery Center has brought closure to families of missing children before. The group has worked on cases like Elizabeth Smart and Chelsea King.

They say the biggest help comes from the community.

The team from Texas will be leading another search on Sunday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Journey Christian Church in Greeley. The address is 2332 W 27th Street. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and show a valid state identification. For additional information, call the Laura Recovery Center at 866-898-5723.

They say even if you cannot make it out here, they encourage you to keep an eye out for Kayleah in your own neighborhood. If you do find any evidence, they ask you not to disturb it, and to call police immediately.

Kayeah is 5 feet, 1 inch tall, 145 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. Police are offering a $10,000 for information in the case.

They are asking you to call 1-800-CALL-FBI if you have any information.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.