March 18, 2024, 08:08:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365041 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:16:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100410/READERS/100419990/1028
Applause Letters for April 10
People of Greeley have stepped up to help in missing girl case

Although things continue to be more than a bit hectic, I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation to the people of Greeley and Weld County who have selflessly come forward and offered their prayers, ideas and help in many other ways in the search for Kayleah Wilson.

If I needed any confirmation (I really didn't) about the quality of the great people we have in this community, the response in this case has taken care of it.

Again, a heartfelt thank you to our citizens for what you are and what you do. You are the best.

Jerry Garner, chief of police, Greeley Police Department

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »

wonder why more people are not showing up to look for this girl? perhaps cause it has been said, probably incorrectly that she could be a runaway? until it is proven, that should never be mentioned about a missing child...people tend to not want to look if they think that the child disappeared on her/his own..sad but true...imo
was her own family in the search looking for her? Wonder if Tim Millers group has been contacted?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »

wonder why more people are not showing up to look for this girl? perhaps cause it has been said, probably incorrectly that she could be a runaway? until it is proven, that should never be mentioned about a missing child...people tend to not want to look if they think that the child disappeared on her/his own..sad but true...imo
was her own family in the search looking for her? Wonder if Tim Millers group has been contacted?

If I were in the area, I would help search for Kayleah.  It wouldn't matter to me whether she was abducted or ran away.  She needs to be found.  She's only 12 years old, after all.  I don't know the answers to your last two questions.  Even if Kayleah ran away, what resources or protection does she have?  Even if she ran away with an adult's help, she still needs to be found.  In other words, no matter what, Kayleah needs to be found.  Hopefully she will be found safe.   an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »

If I were in the area, I would help search for Kayleah.  It wouldn't matter to me whether she was abducted or ran away.  She needs to be found.  She's only 12 years old, after all.  I don't know the answers to your last two questions.  Even if Kayleah ran away, what resources or protection does she have?  Even if she ran away with an adult's help, she still needs to be found.  In other words, no matter what, Kayleah needs to be found.  Hopefully she will be found safe.   an angelic monkey

yes  me too! I would look for a missing child in my area no matter if she did run away or if she was abducted......she deserves and needs to 'matter' to everyone, no matter what the reason for her disappearance...I just don't know why others who live in the area are not getting involved more trying to find this girl...I hope that she is found safe...hoping and praying for her...

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »

i find it hard to believe kayleah could just disappear and on her own, she was only 12, when you are 12 you don't wander off,  that only happens when you are at school and you are having P.E. and they are making you walk for an hour or run and you really don't want to. She didn't even get a a ride to go to that birthday party, if more people could think that maybe she was by herself, no car, no drivers license, on the streets walking to her friends house, alone, no phone, no money, no  in a gang/sex offender/drug infested environment, maybe they would be concerned, maybe they would be knocking on doors, if everyone were to have access to the news/media. I have had a best friend who had walked over 2 miles to go to school and then also back to her apartment because her mom was an alcoholic and her driver's license was suspended, so walking on the streets was something she had to do for a while until she started taking the bus...she was only 15, and she had various encounters with individuals trying to give her a ride home. I wish that kids in school could learn more about the dangers of the streets and strangers. The president or school principals nationwide needs to make it a mandatory class, it is important to prepare the youth in the real world about real dangers such as preventing yourself from being a victim of a crime, I don't think that enough is being done, and I think that learning how to protect yourself besides taking self defense courses,  is more important than getting a  degree to obtain a job.

I always wondered why my mom wouldn't let me play outside when I was a kid, she would just tell me no you can't go outside. Now, now I am learning why?! Which just shows how much more I need to learn. I don't think kids are being taught just why they are not allowed to do certain things such as walk by yourself, or what to do when a person you do not know comes up to you. Gang members, drug dealers, thieves, sex offenders, and others criminals, they come in all shapes and forms, and one thing they all kind of have in common is that they live on the streets or they use the streets, their cars, their weapons, their criminal intelligence to commit their crimes. I think the community in greeley is doing a good job right now searching for Kayleah, they haven't found her yet, but at least they are doing something to find her, just wish there was something more to do to help since there are no leads. i hope they find a link or something to her, like chewed gum, a shoe print, a cap, anything like that could lead them to where Kayleah is. im just trying to come up with something. maybe someone here knows something more about her, since I dont. mods please edit if I am jabbering too much.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »

You make some interesting points PI. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »

And let me please add, you are pointing out some very valid concerns PI.   

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »

Search for Kayleah reveals nothing

As the day went on, the beautiful weather, and maybe concerns for their own children and grandchildren, brought out more and more, until 141 volunteers helped look for any sign of Kayleah Wilson by the afternoon.

Alas, the search didn't come up with anything, said Bob Walcutt, executive director of the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children. Walcutt was encouraged by the turnout — Saturday drew about 50 — and praised the Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St., Greeley, for allowing the team to set up on its grounds.

The Texas nonprofit works with the community, law enforcement and the family to help locate missing children nationwide.

“You don't see the FBI getting involved if they think it's a runaway,” Walcutt said. “So we really want to engage the community and get them involved. We really believe the community is the answer to a lot of these. They can help cover the ground and eliminate areas.”

Read the rest of this story in Monday's Tribune.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100411/NEWS/100419921/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:03 PM »

Thanks for the update on the weekend search, Heart.  Even though the search didn't reveal anything, at least the searches are eliminating areas and such.  Hopefully Kayleah will be found soon. 

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »

Volunteers Looking for Kayleah Wilson, Not Seen for Two Weeks
Texas Group Organizes More Than 100 People to Search for Clues

By DEAN SCHABNER and EMILY FRIEDMAN
April 11, 2010

Volunteers searched this weekend for any clue of what happened to a missing 12-year-old Colorado girl who vanished two weeks ago on her way to a friend's birthday party.

More than a hundred community members turned out Sunday to scour the area around Greeley, Colo., where Kayleah Wilson disappeared on March 28, said Bob Walcutt, executive director of The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas-based nonprofit organization called in by the girl's family to help.

"We're going to do whatever we can to find this young girl," Walcutt said.

Greeley police directed the search organizers to areas to look for any signs of Kayleah, Walcutt said.

As of 1 p.m., 118 people had turned out to help, and 94 of them were organized in 13 search teams, he said.

"As it is at the moment, we don't have any clear direction where she went, or who she went with," Walcutt said. "Right now we are just eliminating areas where she is not."

The search this weekend focused along roadways in ditches, bushes and around trees in the ranchland surrounding Greeley, which Walcutt admitted was not a hopeful sign for the girl.

"Once you start putting people out searching the edge of roads, it's a bad situation and that's where we are now," he said.

A smaller group turned out Saturday to search, but Walcutt said word of the effort spread and many more came out today.

Suzanne Little, from Commerce City, told ABC News Denver affiliate KMGH-TV that she decided to help because she had a niece who was abducted and murdered.

"This story kind of hit home," Little said.

Greeley bus driver Stuart Lawrence told KMGH-TV that as a member of the community he wanted to help.

"I feel like I might have even seen her once or twice before her disappearance, and I felt this is something I wanted to participate in," Lawrence said.

"We're checking for any odors, unusual odors that might be present, of course pieces of clothing, just anything that's out of the ordinary," he said.

Kayleah was reported missing by her mother, April Wilson, when she never came home Sunday, March 28, from a birthday party that was supposed to end by 7 p.m.

Police, Mother: Kayleah Did Not Run Away

Police, who have said they have few leads, say Kayleah never made it to the birthday party.

"We do not believe Kayleah ran away. There is nothing to indicate she did," Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, a Greeley Police spokesman, said days after the girl disappeared. "We just haven't been able to come up with anything that indicates what may have happened."

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, said that disappearing without calling or coming home is not typical of her daughter.

"She's never run away before," Wilson said. "I am worried she may be in danger because none of her friends have seen her, and it is like she just vanished, but that's not possible."

Kayleah, who is in sixth grade at Brentwood Middle School, was last seen wearing a white-and-pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes. She is described as being 5 feet 1 inch, and approximately 145 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair.

Wilson said her daughter left at 3:40 p.m. for the party, which was just a few blocks away.

"She walked over to the couch and said, 'I love you,' and 'I'll be home by 7,' and she walked out the door and that was it," Wilson said. "She had been talking about the party. She was really looking forward to it."

Tymkowych said that dogs had been used in the investigation initially but proved unsuccessful. He said that investigators working the case do not believe Kayleah had any problems with drugs or alcohol, and have not found anyone who may have wanted to harm her.

Kayleah Wilson Disappears From Her Colorado Neighborhood

"We have no evidence that there was any foul play," he said. "At this point, everything is still a question mark for us."

The eight-block area where Kayleah would have walked to get to the party is well-populated and safe, according to authorities.

Neighborhood Safe Enough to Walk In

Wilson also said that she had no concern about her daughter walking alone and that the neighborhood is not dangerous.

"We all walk everywhere, we don't even have a car," she said. "It's not a bad neighborhood."

Wilson described her daughter as "loving" and "trusting," and said that she's always been well-behaved.

Other than that, Wilson said her daughter is a typical preteen who has a crush on one of the singers from the folk band Celtic Thunder.

On the morning of the day she disappeared, Wilson said her daughter had gone to church with her and had been happy during a lunch at a local restaurant with her grandmother.

"I just want everyone to help find her. I don't care if you're in this state or in another country, just help," Wilson said.

ABC News' Clayton Sandell contributed to this report.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/volunteers-search-kayleah-wilson/story?id=10346442&page=3

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2010, 10:12:24 PM »

Thanks for the update on the weekend search, Heart.  Even though the search didn't reveal anything, at least the searches are eliminating areas and such.  Hopefully Kayleah will be found soon. 

Really can't say my pleasure MuffyBee because it would be so much more of a pleasure if things like this did not happen. Unfortunately they do and far too often.

May God be with Kayleah, her family and love ones and may whatever happened surface soon.

Heart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »

Really can't say my pleasure MuffyBee because it would be so much more of a pleasure if things like this did not happen. Unfortunately they do and far too often.

May God be with Kayleah, her family and love ones and may whatever happened surface soon.

I just saw your above post saying it's been two weeks since Kayleah was last seen.     I think I'll edit the subject title to include the date she was last seen.  I didn't realize/think about the fact it's been two weeks now.     That's a long time...

I appreciate your research to find information and keep us up to date in the mp threads, Heart.   an angelic monkey

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2010, 10:42:37 PM »

Good idea Muffy, to update!

Heart
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2010, 12:18:48 AM »

And let me please add, you are pointing out some very valid concerns PI.   

MuffyB, I appreciate that, maybe there will be a new set of courses added for the future education of kids. Maybe not every parent is going to know everything about the streets and criminals (sex offenders, drug dealers, gangs), that's why there are cops and maybe people think that they are safe because they see cops are roaming the streets. I don't Greeley is safe, just by reading some of things about the gang actvity in the past. Maybe somebody who goes to the same Church as Kayleah knows something, doesn't mean Kayleah  or her Mom knows everybody who goes to that Church they go to. I wonder if there was an S.O. who went to that Church that Sunday.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2010, 10:01:52 AM »

Volunteers Search For Missing Greeley Girl

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) ― A group specializing in searches for missing children is organizing ground searches for a sixth-grader missing since March 28.

Officials and volunteers with the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children over the weekend searched the Greeley area for 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson. She disappeared while walking about a mile to a friend's house for birthday party.

Searches were to continue Monday.

The center has assisted with searches nationwide, including in 2002 when it organized thousands of volunteers to search for missing Salt Lake City teenager Elizabeth Smart. It was founded by the family of a 12-year-old Houston area girl who went missing in 1997.

http://cbs4denver.com/wireapnewsco/Volunteers.search.for.2.1626427.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

Search volunteers Terry Seelhoff, front, and his wife, Kathy Seelhoff, of Greeley, search for evidence of the missing Kayleah Wilson between U.S. 34 and Colo. 257 on Sunday in Greeley. The Sunday morning search effort was coordinated by the Laura Recover Center for Missing Children, a Texas nonprofit that works with the community, law enforcement and the family to help search for missing children.
STEPHANIE BURCHETT/gtphoto@greeleytribune.com

Volunteers don't give up hope — or the search for Kayleah Wilson

Kathy Seelhoff thought of her four granddaughters. And then she knew how she and her husband, Terry, were going to spend their Sunday morning.

They joined an initially sparse crowd searching for Kayleah Wilson, 12, who disappeared more than two weeks ago. Seelhoff knows what she'd be feeling if her grandchildren, ages 9 to 16, vanished.

“If one were missing,” she said, “I'd like this whole town to be looking for them.”

So after Seelhoff read about Saturday's search in the paper, she decided to come down. As the day went on, the beautiful weather, and maybe concerns for their own children and grandchildren, brought out more and more, until 141 volunteers helped look for any sign of Wilson by the afternoon.

Alas, the search didn't come up with anything, said Bob Walcutt, executive director of the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children. Walcutt was encouraged by the turnout — Saturday drew about 50 — and praised the Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St., Greeley, for allowing the team to set up on its grounds. The Texas nonprofit works with the community, law enforcement and the family to help locate missing children nationwide.

“You don't see the FBI getting involved if they think it's a runaway,” Walcutt said. “So we really want to engage the community and get them involved. We really believe the community is the answer to a lot of these. They can help cover the ground and eliminate areas.”

Walcutt said Kayleah's mother, April, was out at the church today to thank the searchers. He hoped to continue the search today.

“It depends on how many can come in,” Walcutt said. “People have to go back to work and things like that.”

Walcutt has to leave Tuesday. There is always hope for an answer. He remembers one search that turned up a girl's body in California and another search team in North Carolina that located a boy's body in an area that had already been searched five times. He also considers Sunday a success because of the large turnout. He hopes the searches continue even without his center's presence.

A successful search is finding a body, even if it's a sad one. But Seelhoff wasn't ready yet for that kind of ending.

“We were hoping we didn't find anything,” she said. “We're still hoping they find her alive somewhere.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100412/NEWS/100419911/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2010, 10:12:44 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:18:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2010, 03:36:48 PM »

Search Effort For Kayleah Still In High Gear

Valerie Castro
GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) ―

A volunteer search group from Texas is searching again on Monday for a missing 12-year-old girl in Greeley.

The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children and volunteers spent the weekend searching for Kayleah Wilson and the groups were in the midst of another search Monday morning. The center has assisted with searches nationwide, including in 2002 when it organized thousands of volunteers to search for missing Salt Lake City teenager Elizabeth Smart.

Wilson went missing on March 28 while walking to a birthday party at a friend's house. A massive search by the FBI and Greeley Police has turned up leads but no hint of where Kayleah may be. Authorities have not determined whether the girl ran away or was abducted.

On Saturday and Sunday more than 100 volunteers were out with the Laura Recovery Center searching rugged areas. They were looking for anything out of the ordinary, including clothing that Wilson may have been wearing. One group found a sock and took pictures.

"We had folks on horseback, we had folks on ATVs, a lot of foot searches," center spokeswoman Sandy Stafford said. "You look for clothing items that would be of the same description as Kayleah had."

For Wilson's mother April the search means there is still hope.

"I have to keep going for my daughter, and my other two kids, you know? I can't stop. I'm not going to stop until she's found," she said on Sunday.

Suzanne Little, one of the volunteers helping this weekend, said she can relate to the pain April is feeling. Little's neice, Adrianna Jackson was abducted and murdered in 2005 in Washington

"It's bad enough being an aunt of someone who was missing. I can't imagine being a mother of somebody that was missing," said Little, a Commerce City resident.

"Complete strangers coming over and helping in the search -- I really just want to say thank you to them," April said.

Even though two weeks have passed since Kayleah disappeared, volunteers say it's not time to give up.

"We always look at cases like Elizabeth Smart -- she was gone for nine months. Jaycee Dugard was gone for 18 years. Two weeks is a long time, but miracles do happen," Stafford said.

Community members over 18 are invited to help with the searches in Greeley.

The Laura Recovery Center, of Friendswood, Texas, was founded by the family of a 12-year-old Houston area girl who went missing in 1997.

The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information in the case, and tipsters can remain anonymous. If you have a tip, call the FBI at (800) 225-5324 or call Greeley police.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/kayleah.wilson.missing.2.1626605.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »

With no sign of Kayleah Wilson, Texas group leaves town

Nineteen more people joined the search for Kayleah Wilson on Monday, combing the fields in and around Greeley, but again, no evidence was found.

For more than two weeks, the Greeley police, Weld County Sheriff's Office and the FBI have been searching for the missing 12-year-old Greeley girl, and on Monday they also reported there was nothing new on the case.

Kayleah Wilson disappeared March 28 as she walked to a friend's house to go to a birthday

party.

Despite numerous searches, door-to-door inquiries and a $10,000 reward, the girl's disappearance remains a mystery.

The FBI and Greeley police have a total of about 75 people working the case, plus about

30 sheriff's deputies, mounted posse members and other volunteers.

Over the weekend, 141 volunteers combed the fields in and around Greeley, working with the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas group that came to Greeley to organize the search. It was the same group that had 19 searchers out on Monday.

The organizer for the Laura Recovery Center, Bob Walcutt, said he and his staff left Monday afternoon to go to a conference in Albuquerque, N.M., on missing children.

Anyone with information about the missing girl is asked to call the Greeley police at (970) 350-9600 or the FBI at (800) CALL-FBI.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100413/NEWS/100419884/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.