March 18, 2024, 11:58:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365062 times)
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »

i was going to say sorry if saying I offended anyone who goes to church and does not agree about "odd" people being there, I go to to church almost every sunday and it's in a city where there happens to be a lot of odd people, including me, but I have seen some people who don't dress like they are going to church, they dress like they are going to a rock concert or as if they are homeless, but I know that doesn't mean they are a bad person or anything like that. mostly seniors go to church, I read an article where police scared this one senior in greeley when they were searching for Kayleah, so I guess they have been checking them out, but I won't post the article because it's probably inappropriate. I would be looking at all the names/families of the people who are in enrolled in the church or have stuff like collection envelopes being mailed to their residence, or have kids who go to sunday class or something like that.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »

klaas, I think I said something in the above post that is inappropriate, that being dressed a certain way, I am now thinking that maybe this person(s) was probably dressed like he/she/they were going to church I guess I shouldn't even have made that comment. I don't think that S.O.'s should be allowed to go to church where there are children, maybe there should be a special church built for them, who is going to fund or raise money for it I have no idea, but I know churches let anybody in and I have never heard of anyone being banned from going to a church...people who go to church have faith in God and they do use common sense so maybe they would report an incident if they saw a strange person coming in and not following through Mass like not knowing what to do with the basket that you put money in, when to stand, kneel, how to receive communion, but people who go to church but don't always go to church forget normal things like that  but that is my opinion and if  this post  is inappropriate, please delete.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2010, 06:15:31 PM »

An article on page 1 of this forum says Kayleah goes to the Higher Grounds in greeley, co in connection to her church. I have the link http://www.ncyfc.org/highergrounds/ and it is a nice website and they have done a vigil for her http://www.ncyfc.org/ they are being  very nice and supportive.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2010, 01:43:03 AM »

klaas, I think I said something in the above post that is inappropriate, that being dressed a certain way, I am now thinking that maybe this person(s) was probably dressed like he/she/they were going to church I guess I shouldn't even have made that comment. I don't think that S.O.'s should be allowed to go to church where there are children, maybe there should be a special church built for them, who is going to fund or raise money for it I have no idea, but I know churches let anybody in and I have never heard of anyone being banned from going to a church...people who go to church have faith in God and they do use common sense so maybe they would report an incident if they saw a strange person coming in and not following through Mass like not knowing what to do with the basket that you put money in, when to stand, kneel, how to receive communion, but people who go to church but don't always go to church forget normal things like that  but that is my opinion and if  this post  is inappropriate, please delete.

PI....Most churches this day and time you can wear anything you want to wear. What you wear to church does not matter if you are there for the right reason. I am sure God does not care what a person dresses in if they are coming to church for the RIGHT reason. It may be all they have to wear. There are also a huge number of well dressed people who are hipocrites. 

If people called the cops every time they saw an oddly dressed person, the cops would not have time to look for Hayleah.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: April 19, 2010, 07:51:01 AM »

Volunteer Gary Jones of Fort Collins ducks down to search a culvert near Denver and 42nd Streets in Evans for Kayleah Wilson Saturday. Other teams set out on ATVs and horses to search areas off of U.S. 34.
LAUREN WALTER/gtphoto@greeleytribune.com

Rain swamps Saturday search for Kayleah Wilson

Jakob Rodgers

Rain hampered already-slow search efforts Saturday for Kayleah Wilson, 12, the sixth-grader from Greeley who has been missing since March 28.

Michelle Thompson, who has organized a Facebook page in support of Kayleah, called off the effort at 2:30 p.m. as rain began to steadily fall on searchers. Even before the rain appeared, Thompson said search efforts had grown “very, very slow.”

In all, 52 people showed up Saturday at Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St. in Greeley, to search for Kayleah.

“It just seems to be at a standstill,” Thompson said. “I just wish that we could get more people out there so we could cover more area. The police don't have the manpower, and as long as we can have the community help out, that's all that really counts.”

“It's just getting them out there to help.”

Earlier in the week, the Federal Bureau of Investigation scaled back its forces looking for Kayleah, though tips on her whereabouts are still being accepted. Authorities also increased the reward for information leading to her discovery to $20,000.

On Saturday, searchers scoured from 16th Street to U.S. 34 Bypass between 12th Avenue and 10th Avenue, Thompson said. In addition, searchers on all-terrain vehicles covered an area from 35th Avenue to 65th Avenue and from 37th Street to 42nd Street.

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, has been “hanging in there,” Thompson said.

“Mom is doing the best that she can,” Thompson said. “People don't see how hurt and how sad she is. She cries, and she's got her moments, but she's trying to stay strong for Kayleah.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100418/NEWS/100419640/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2010, 12:26:26 PM »

Heart
Thanks for keeping us informed.
The perp in this case has no intensions of having her found. Which leads me to believe he has done this before and may have been in jail for sex crimes or Kidnap.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »

it looks like from that picture, they are checking out a swamp area or where there are ponds, I wish they were able to going people's house or backyards, these people are doing the grunt work, that is the type of work that no one else will do, I hope they do find something, I hope the perp is not an internet predator, if kayleah had a myspace, the predator could have been trying to add her as a friend but she did not add him, I wonder if she did have a computer, I dont think the centennial library lets you use myspace, she had no cell phone with her so maybe this perp was a crazy stalker who stalks young preteens, i wonder if there is a sex offender in that area who has a long history of annoying/molesting children under 14, does this guy live close by to children. Darla, I agree with you that you can wear anything you want when you go to church, just in certain areas people do stare at you if you dress a certain way that is different from how people dress in that area, I know how you dress has nothing to do with kayleah's abductor if she was abducted, I heard the priest at my church say that God doesn't judge you based on your appearance when you come t church he said that was plain foolishness, I am not expecting cops to come into the church to arrest or detain somebody who looks odd or is odd or is acting odd, maybe they need to put cameras in the church facing the people, just in case, but that is my opinion, i am hearing people are targeting churches and priests because of the molestations, the Pope is trying to get that straightened out by telling those priests to get out of the church and get treated, hopefuly no one will take this the wrong way but I think the church needs a little bit more security, most of the the time security is outside, I just think they need to be more cautious that's all, a 12 year old girl is missing, maybe this will convince them to put in a camera or two??

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »

This friend she was to meet on 23rd st., when she didn't show up why did she not call Kayleahs house when she (the friend) arrived at the party. Wouldn't she have wondered why this girl didn't show up. Did Kayleah bale on her friend before and that would make her not question why she did not show? Does Kayleah's mother have a phone in the home?

Also they went to church that day. Are there any church members who are a little bit odd. Did the church member know she was headed to a party?

If you take us34 out of town, where would you be in 15 min if you were driving? Where would you be in 20 min if you were driving? Abductions with the intent to rape take place 30 min to one hour after the abductions.

there are a lot of hotels, inns, and motels near U.S. 34 or greeley, co, just to name a few... http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS309US310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels+greeley,+colorado&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=greeley,+colorado&view=text&ei=fqjMS9jfLI_MsQPw3rSaAw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQtwMwAA

Holiday Inn Express Greeley Hotel‎- more info »
2563 West 29th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 330-7495‎
 33 reviews - 1 coupon
"Excellent customer service! My parents were with me and my mother needed ..."‎
Days Inn Greeley‎- more info »
5630 10th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 392-1530‎
Category: Hotel
 96 reviews
"Very good experience! Great value, clean room and enjoyed a wonderful ..."‎
Super 8 Greeley‎- more info »
2423 West 29th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 330-8880‎
 54 reviews
"I stated that I was offended that she was accusing my child. She stated ..."‎
Inn Towne Motel‎- more info »
1803 9th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 353-0447‎
Edited
3 reviews
"I've been going to Greeley for some for work and have tried several hotels ..."‎
Comfort Inn‎- more info »
2467 West 29th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 330-6380‎
 50 reviews
"My only complaint is every room has a safe charge daily and you have ..."‎
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Greeley‎- more info »
2501 West 29th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 330-3404‎
 74 reviews
"The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Some of the best hotel ..."‎
Hampton Inn Greeley, Co‎- more info »
2350 West 29th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 339-5525‎
 28 reviews
"The Hampton Inn in Greeley is a lovely hotel. A little hard to find if ..."‎
Fairfield Inn Greeley‎- more info »
2401 W 29th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 339-5030‎
 62 reviews
"The room and linens were very nice. Housekeeping was excellent, but ..."‎
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Greeley CO‎- more info »
701 8th Street, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 353-8444‎
 64 reviews - 1 coupon
"However, we found the staff to be rude and hurried. It was obvious ..."‎
Sod Buster Inn Bed & Breakfast‎- more info »
1221 9th Avenue, Greeley, CO‎ - (970) 392-1221‎
Category: Travel - Hotels
 31 reviews
"This is a great choice for those who love the ambiance of historic ..."‎

i think if it was somebody visiting, he could have drugged her, made it look like Kayleah was  a daughter, Greeley does have an airport,

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2010, 08:08:11 PM »

Keep Kayleah in your thoughts

We know the publicity surrounding missing 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson has waned. It happens. When there aren't any new leads, when searches prove fruitless, when police efforts are scaled back, people move on to other things. Life, unfortunately, must go on.

Still, we hope everyone keeps Kayleah in their thoughts. Her disappearance is disturbing and scary, and we all need to remember Kayleah during our daily routines. Somewhere out there, someone knows what happened to this girl. We all need to keep our eyes and ears open, and report any possible leads to the Greeley Police Department.

Kayleah can't be just another missing child, whose fate is never known. Please keep her in your mind and in your prayers.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100423/OPINION/100429858/1029

Heart
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »

Is there no one in Greeley that is willing to do a little gumshoe work? Have they just given up?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »

That is an excellent question 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »

False Text Messages Claim Greeley Girl Found Dead

Police: Still No Sign Of Kayleah Wilson
POSTED: 4:34 pm MDT April 27, 2010
UPDATED: 5:10 pm MDT April 27, 2010

GREELEY, Colo. -- Just over a month after a Greeley girl vanished on her way to a birthday party, false rumors are circulating, alleging that 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson has been found dead.

Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said the rumors are forcing officers to waste precious time running down dead-end gossip.

Kayleah’s family is worried the rumors could cause the community to stop searching for Kayleah.

“I get calls on a constant basis saying ‘Oh my god, I just heard that they found your daughter dead,’” said April Wilson, Kayleah’s mother. “They’re vicious rumors. They’re not true.”

The rumors began with a string of text messages. Police do not know where the texts originated but Tymkowych said they were likely perpetuated by school-aged children, possibly some of Kayleah’s classmates. The messages quickly went viral.

Greeley resident Chanel Davis received one of the text messages three days ago, stating that Kayleah’s body was found behind an area bar, and urging recipients to pray for her family.

“I was just surprised that someone would even send a text message like that,” said Davis.

Other rumors claim that Kayleah’s body was discovered near Greeley’s Arrowhead Lake or in a ditch near a local baseball field.

The rumors quickly spread to a Facebook page that friends of Kayleah’s family have created to help find her.

A number of posts on the Facebook page ask whether Kayleah has been found dead in various parts of town.

Tymkowych said the truth is that police still do not know whether Kayleah ran away or was kidnapped. Tips have dropped off dramatically, and as a result, the number of investigators working on the case has been reduced.

April Wilson is worried the rumors are discouraging the community from looking for her daughter.

“If somebody gets told ‘Oh well, they found her,’ then they’re going to stop looking,” said Wilson. “She’s not found. They need to keep looking. They need to keep their eyes out.”

Wilson said, regardless of the rumors, she is confident that her daughter is alive. Wilson is helping to organize a motorcycle ride throughout northern Colorado to raise awareness about her daughter’s disappearance. The bike ride will begin at Thunder Mountain at 10 a.m. on May 1. On May 15, Wilson and a friend will hand out fliers at a children’s fair at the Greeley Best Buy.

“I’m trying to keep my head up,” said Wilson. “I’m trying to keep hopes high.”
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23283488/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:18 PM »

Thanks Nut44x4 for posting the article.  Some people are so mean and cruel.

Heart
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »

Somebody wrote a "tip" on a kayeah wilson news article, I probably shouldn't post, but i'm not sure so you can delete it, it's not inappropriate just it wasn't supposed to be posted there I guess? This comment has been on the internet since april 23, 2010. Here is the link: http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100423/NEWS/100429830/1051&ParentProfile=1001

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »

does anyone know if kayleah's mom have a boyfriend?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »

piwannabe.. Bronco left a good lead that needs to be checked out in my opinion.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »

Public's eye is much keener for Kayleah's case

By Mike Peters

It began quietly, on that night a month ago, when April Wilson called Greeley police to report her daughter hadn't come home from a birthday party. It was 10 p.m. on a Sunday night.

Police contacted Wilson and took the report as a missing child or runaway.

“In most cases reported like this,” said Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, “it involves a runaway.”

A bulletin was immediately entered into the statewide computer system about Kayleah, and the officer sent out information to local law enforcement departments to watch for the 12-year-old, as they normally do for probable runaways.

But by early the next morning, two Greeley police detectives, reviewing the overnight incidents, thought the missing girl case needed another look. On their own, they went back to Wilson and asked about her missing daughter, Kayleah.

Within 24 hours, the case exploded into a national event — more publicity and coverage than any event in Greeley's history, according to Tymkowych.

As the public information officer for the Greeley police, it's Tymkowych's job to answer media questions, provide information and keep people informed. But nothing has ever hit him like the Kayleah Wilson case.

“More than 2,000 media releases came out about this,” Tymkowych said. “We had news stories across the country — New York, Miami, Seattle, California.”

The case was covered on national TV news programs, local and national networks, “America's Most Wanted,” “Nancy Grace,” “Good Morning America,” “Today,” “The Early Show,” and on Headline News.

Tymkowych has been with the Greeley Police Department for 30 years, the past seven as the public information officer, also known as the PIO.

Compared with another missing girl case — Jonelle Matthews in 1984 — the response to Kayleah was immediate and almost overwhelming.

“Back when Jonelle disappeared, there was no PIO for Greeley,” Tymkowych said. “The media calls usually went to a captain or lieutenant or to the chief. But the number of calls doesn't compare.”

In the Jonelle case, a missing children's network received her photo and information several days after she went missing. For Kayleah, those outlets received information the following day.

The Jonelle Matthews story eventually made it on national television programs and was even mentioned in a speech by President Ronald Reagan.

The searches were larger 25 years ago — 700 people on one weekend — but no trace of Jonelle was found.

Tymkowych said the FBI coming in to the case probably sparked much of the media coverage, because of the increased investigation.

At one point, TV vans — both Denver and national — filled the Greeley police parking lot, and some media outlets set up outside the Wilson apartment in south Greeley, spending hours waiting for the case to break. It never did.

It's quieter now at the police department and the Wilson apartment complex. Tymkowych only gets occasional calls, when the latest rumor of Kayleah pops up.

But he knows that if Kayleah is found — whether she's alive or not — the phone will start ringing again, and national news will bring Greeley back into the spotlight.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100502/NEWS/100509930/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2010, 11:19:26 AM »

Missing girl cases as different as they are similar
Probe's intensity, tools are far advanced since 1984
By Mike Peters

Kayleah is described as 5-foot-1, 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans, and white and red shoes.
If you have information about Kayleah Wilson, call Greeley police at (970) 350-9600 or the FBI at (800) CALL-FBI.
The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to the conclusion of the case.

They don't want it to happen again.

Not another Jonelle.

At 12 years old, she was attending a Greeley middle school; when she disappeared, the FBI came in within 24 hours, and despite a reward of $20,000, no clue has been found to prove she's alive or dead.

That was the Jonelle Matthews case, and now, it's the Kayleah Wilson case.

Police have found no connection between the cases that are separated by 25 years, but the coincidences are sometimes surprising.

Jonelle Matthews, 12, disappeared from her home in west Greeley on Dec. 20, 1984, and hasn't been found. Kayleah Wilson, 12, left her home in south Greeley on March 28 to meet a friend and go to a birthday party. She hasn't been seen since.

But even though there was national publicity and huge searches for Jonelle, the intensity of that case doesn't match what happened in Greeley in the past month. And despite the largest investigation in the history of Greeley, nothing has been found about Kayleah.

Lt. Brad Goldschmidt is the head of the Greeley detectives office now, and he remembers the Jonelle Matthews case in 1984. He'd been with the Greeley Police Department only six months back then, but he helped in the search and with the door-to-door contacts. The case has never left him.

And he also sees the differences in the investigations from 25 years ago and today:

» Although the FBI came to Greeley to help in both cases, there was one agent in Greeley in 1984, and more than 50 people from the FBI here for the Kayleah case.

» DNA has developed into a strong science in 25 years, and although there is no suspect, DNA available in either case, the science of DNA can still help. “We can check things now that we couldn't have back then,” Goldschmidt said. “We can swab a door and find if she's been there. Anywhere we think she might have gone can be swabbed and prove she was there through DNA.”

» There were few surveillance cameras on homes or businesses 25 years ago. In the Kayleah case, detectives and FBI agents have watched hundreds of tapes and found at least one where Kayleah was seen outside the Greeley Mall. That wasn't available 25 years ago.

» Because of the Internet, the speed of information on today's cases is much faster. Goldschmidt said the officers working the case were able to get Kayleah's name and photo on the missing children sites. Twenty-five years ago, it was more difficult to get that information out.

» “We have the names and addresses of all registered sex offenders now,” Goldschmidt said. “We've questioned them all, but

25 years ago they had no sex offenders' registration. It was difficult to find them back then.”

Despite the new revelations in crime investigation, Kayleah's case today compares in one strong aspect to Jonelle Matthews: neither girl has been found.

“I've never worked a case with so few substantial leads,” Goldschmidt said of the Kayleah case. “It's still a 50-50 chance of being a runaway or abduction.”

With the help of the FBI, Weld County Sheriff's Office and other departments, the Greeley police have used hundreds of searchers, search dogs, riders on ATV and horseback, and planes shooting aerial photos of large open areas of Greeley and Weld County, looking for anything that would lead to Kayleah.

“I've never seen anything like this investigation,” said Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner. “Our officers don't feel like they've missed anything that could be a clue. Even though we have no answers yet, we're satisfied a thorough investigation has been done to this point.”

There are now two FBI agents and two Greeley police detectives working the case full time. When leads come in, more officers join again to follow up.

Both Goldschmidt and Garner praised the FBI for the work they've done in the case, noting the cooperation between different agencies.

Garner also credited the people of Greeley who have stepped forward also. “The volunteers, the information that came in, the people who just wanted to help in some way has been overwhelming,” Garner said. “For example, when it was released that we had 50 agents and all the police and deputies working the case, people started bringing extra food to the station to make sure we all ate. That shows that in Greeley, people want to help each other.”

And, despite a month of intense investigation not yielding any evidence of what happened to Kayleah, the investigation will continue. “We will not give up on this case,” Garner said. “That is what I told Kayleah's mother.”
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100502/NEWS/100509935/1002&parentprofile=1001

Heart
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2010, 12:50:36 PM »

Somebody wrote a "tip" on a kayeah wilson news article, I probably shouldn't post, but i'm not sure so you can delete it, it's not inappropriate just it wasn't supposed to be posted there I guess? This comment has been on the internet since april 23, 2010. Here is the link: http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100423/NEWS/100429830/1051&ParentProfile=1001

i would that that this definitely needs to be checked out and the polic should try to idenitfy this man
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »

i would that that this definitely needs to be checked out and the polic should try to idenitfy this man

I agree - here is the comment that was posted:

Bronco wrote:
At the upper end of the Hastings parking lot, there is a man who sits in a Gray Chevy Blazer or similar vehicle. He was there all of the time. I have not seen him there since the disappearance. Most likely he understands it is a bad idea to hang out near a crime scene however it is worth further investigating. Also my wife was dropping off movies at Hasting around 12:20 Sunday and she saw 2 " tough looking girls wearing all black and ball caps" as the one in Kayleas picture. We have not reported this as the paper said she was wearing pink and last seen at 3:40.
4/23/2010 8:59:22 PM on greeleytribune.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.