March 18, 2024, 11:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365060 times)
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2010, 04:42:21 PM »

Somber Mother's Day doesn't slow down Kayleah's mom and the search for her missing daughter

By Sharon Dunn
Share on Facebook Email Print Comment
Recommend
April Wilson of Greeley shows Juan Pino the area where he was to search for her daughter, Kayleah Wilson, on Saturday. Wilson and others organized the search in Windsor this weekend, as they move out of the greater Greeley area.

Sharon Dunn/sdunn@greeleytribune.com

Kayleah loved Mother's Day.

The soon-to-be 13-year-old for years made the holiday a special one for her mother.

“Mother's Day was her thing,” April Wilson said Saturday as she sat in the command center of a search for her daughter in Windsor. “She always did something, like make cards with little sayings. She'd look them up on the Internet and print it off and make cards.”

Now, with Mother's Day 2010 upon her, the 37-year-old mother of three could only dread it. Her baby girl, Kayleah, has been missing for six weeks after vanishing on her way to a friend's birthday party on a Sunday afternoon.

Police and agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation organized massive searches for the girl in the two weeks following her March 28 disappearance, but the number of authorities working the case has decreased, while clues to her disappearance have remained weak from the get-go. It's a fact Wilson accepts.

“They have to go back to their day jobs,” she said, adding that she remains confident police are on task. “I don't feel at all that the authorities have slacked off. You can't feel that way when the detective tells you, ‘I will never stop looking for your daughter.' ”

Since Kayleah's disappearance, Wilson said her full-time job has become the task of finding her daughter. She makes flyers every day, and finds new places to hang them. Saturday, she checked in 13 volunteers who came to the Windsor search for the girl. Wilson is prohibited from going on the search, she said, and she doesn't think she could handle finding anything “bad” anyway. She has organized another search for her daughter May 22-23 in Milliken and Johnstown.

“There were hundreds of volunteers at first, but every little bit counts,” she said. “Everyone says the world is so different, that people don't care. That's not what I've seen in this entire process. So many people who don't even know me tell me, ‘We're praying for you.' Prayer is good.”

Until the end of the school year, searches have to be a bit haphazard, as she also must negotiate life and conflicts people have. Today, Mother's Day, is a day most will spend with their own families.

“I'm going to church with my mother and spending the day with my kids, like any other day,” Wilson said.

With two boys still at home, she already has had to deal with one special day without her baby girl. She turned 37 on April 20, the day her daughter had insisted on baking a cake.

Wilson now just tries to keep busy. During the daytime, she said, it's easier, as she cares for Jesse Wilson, 4, and later in the afternoon, her 17-year-old son, Mackenzie Jamison.

“Nighttime sucks,” Wilson admitted, adding that she sleeps with Kayleah's hot pink sleeping bag every night. “I'm still not sleeping. I'm constantly wondering where is she, where could she be? ... She didn't even take a coat. When it's rainy outside, my first thought is, ‘I hope she's inside.' ”

Wilson has found herself listening to Kayleah's favorite music, and buying the foods Kayleah wanted.

“Everything in the house reminds me of her,” Wilson said. “I went and bought popsicles for goodness sake because she said she wanted to have popsicle races to see who could eat the most the quickest without having a brain freeze.”

Wilson won't let the worry get the best of her, though. She said she must keep hope alive and will do anything she can to find her daughter, who turns 13 on June 25.

“Every day becomes more frustrating,” she said. “But it's just like life. You either deal with it and have faith or you roll over and die, and I'm not going to do that.”

» What's next
April Wilson and volunteers have planned a 10th search for Kayleah Wilson for May 22-23 in Milliken and Johnstown. Volunteers should check in between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Milliken Police Department, 1201 Broad St. Volunteers must be at least 18 and have a photo ID. Volunteers are asked to keep dogs and children at home. For more information, call Judy at (970) 576-0618 or e-mail djsauriol@q.com.

» How to help
Kayleah Wilson is described as 5-foot-1, 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans, and white and red shoes.

If you have information about Kayleah Wilson, call the Greeley police at (970) 350-9600 or the FBI at (800) CALL-FBI.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100509/NEWS/100509685/1002&parentprofile=1001
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100516/NEWS/100519719/1002&parentprofile=1001
Kayleah's mother joins safety fair
May 16, 2010

As families lined up to have their children's photos taken, April Wilson sat at the other end of the table, photos of her missing daughter, silently letting people know what could happen.

The Children's Safety Fair was Saturday at CenterPlace Shopping Center in west Greeley, and drew many families and children, but probably the most-visited booth was where children could get a special ID card.

Josh Gonzalez of Best Buy was one of the people at computers, putting together the IDs for children. “This is our second year of doing this,” Gonzalez said. “We seem to have more parents doing this because of the missing girl.”

That “missing girl” is Kayleah Wilson, 12, who disappeared two months ago. Her mother, April, at the other end of the table, said there was no news about her daughter this weekend.

Dozens of booths, fire trucks, ambulances, police cars and other child-related booths were set up Saturday, including the Greeley Optimist Club, which had a bicycle course set up for kids to learn about street crossings and stop signs.

There was a booth about child safety seats and a “smoking” building that firefighters used to teach children about getting through a house fire.

And back at the children's ID booth, April Wilson said they ran out of fingerprint kits because so many families were coming through.

The search for the missing Greeley girl continues next Saturday, as her family asks for volunteers to search the Milliken and Johnstown areas.

Kayleah disappeared March 28, when she left home to meet a friend and go to a birthday party. Despite the most extensive investigation in Greeley history, no sign of the girl has turned up.

The family has been spreading the search to different areas in Weld County, in hopes some trace of the girl will be found.

When she was reported missing, Greeley police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Weld County Sheriff's Office worked together on the case. More than 50 FBI agents were in Greeley for two weeks before they began to scale back because Kayleah couldn't be found.

Volunteer searchers are asked to meet at the Milliken Police Department, 1201 Broad St. in Milliken between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday. Searchers must be at least 18 years old with a photo ID. Volunteers are asked not to bring their children or dogs to the search.

For more information, contact Judy Sauriol at (970) 576-0618, or at djsauriol@q.com.

Also on the article page:

To help
Anyone with information about the Kayleah Wilson is asked to call the Greeley police at (970) 350-9600 or the FBI at (800) CALL-FBI.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »

Maybe they should have been looking for a culprit instead of the child..  LE at all levels ... gee wiz
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »

Do we know if anyone checked into the black vehicle that hung around the area? Is the vehicle back? Did the guy ever come back?

If the perp was out on a Sunday, what are the things he could have been doing? What do people do on Sunday in that area. Shopping, eating, washing a car maybe.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2010, 01:55:36 PM »

Colorado Police Retrieve Body Near Home of Missing Sixth-Grader

Associated Press

A worker found a decomposed body around where authorities have searched for Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing for nearly two months.

GREELEY, Colo. -- Greeley police have retrieved a body from an irrigation ditch, about a mile from the home of a missing sixth-grader.

There was no immediate indication of whether it was the body of Kayleah Wilson, who was last seen March 28 while walking to a friend's house for a birthday party.

Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says the body is too badly decomposed to determine if it is a male or female. He says a worker checking the ditch for problems after heavy rain Tuesday found the body Wednesday morning.

Click here to read more on this story from Fox KDVR in Denver.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/19/colorado-police-retrieve-body-near-home-missing-sixth-grader/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »

Okay, I'm crossing my fingers that it isn't Kayleah. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2010, 03:24:43 PM »

Oh gosh.....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100519/NEWS/100519629/1051&ParentProfile=1001

BREAKING NEWS: Body found early this morning in Greeley. Could it be Kayleah?

Staff Reports,
Greeley police are near 35th Avenue and 29th Street, where a ditch rider found a body early this morning.

Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, Greeley police spokesman, said the body is too badly decomposed to determine if it is a male or female. He said the ditch rider was checking the narrow ditch for any problems due to Tuesday's heavy rains at about 6 a.m. He came to a gate and when he opened that gate, as he always does, he noticed the body and contacted police.

The ditch runs underground from 47th to 35th Avenues, behind the former Kendall Printing building at 3331 29th St. and behind Trinity Lutheran School, 3000 35th Ave., and Sunset Memorial Gardens cemetery.

A dive team from the Union Colony Fire Rescue Authority recovered the body shortly after 10 a.m., and agents from the FBI were en route.

There was about 2 feet of water flowing in the ditch at the time the body was discovered this morning. The Weld County Coroner's office is on site of the discovery.

Tymkowych said that area has been searched at least twice for Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing for nearly two months after she disappeared in the area of the Greeley Mall while on the way to a friend's birthday party.

The location the body is about a half-mile away from Kayleah's home, where she was last seen by her mother on March 28 and a mile away from the Greeley Mall, where she was seen walking on the day she disappeared.

A police officer spent the morning with April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, and her family. The family was told of the body shortly after it was found early Wednesday. They have asked not to be interviewed by the media.

According to authorities at the scene, a thorough search of the ditch will be conducted today with the possibility of sending a camera through a nearby tunnel.

By noon, police and city public works employees had blocked the water flowing into the ditch, diverting it down 35th Avenue. Apparently the search of the underground waterway will be conducted Wednesday afternoon.

Traffic through the area — on 29th Street and 35th Avenue — appeared to increase significantly, as the story circulated around Greeley. On 29th Street, cars slowed and sometimes stopped to watch what police were doing in the area.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/decomposed-body-found-kayleah-wilson-missing/story?id=10689749
Decomposed Body Found One Mile from Where Missing Teen Kayleah Wilson Was Last Seen
Twelve-Year-Old Kayleah Wilson Last Seen Walking to Birthday Party a Few Blocks From Home

May 19, 2010
A decomposed body was found today just one mile from where 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson of Greeley, Colo., went missing nearly two months ago.
A source close to the investigation told ABC News' Denver affiliate 7News that they believe the body is Kayleah's but cannot be certain until dental records are compared.

Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowkych did not immediately return messages left by ABCNews.com, but told local reporters that the body was discovered at 6 a.m. Wednesday by a worker who was inspecting the water levels in an irrigation ditch.

The body is so decomposed that is was not immediately clear if it was that of a female or a male, said Tymkowkych.

It is "impossible to tell right now when the body was deposited," Tymkowkych told 7News.

The search for Kayleah, who went missing March 28 after leaving her Greeley home to attend a birthday party, has been confounded by an absence of any information or leads, police have said.
Last month, the FBI  doubled the amount of reward money they are offering from $10,000 to $20,000.

At the time, James Davis, special agent in charge of the Denver FBI office, said the FBI has cut back significantly on the staffing assigned to the case, although that could change if new leads or information surfaces.

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner said in April that investigators remained motivated, but acknowledged that the chances of finding Kayleah safe decreased with time. While officials say they still can't rule out that Kayleah is a runaway, that possibility is becoming less likely.

"It's very unusual not to have any indication to point us in a direction one way or another," Garner said.

"We still can't rule out the fact that she ran away on her own, although I will say given the amount of time she's been gone and without any contact from her, we're definitely leaning in the direction that this is not a runaway situation and that this is something worse than that," said Davis.

Davis said there are no suspects in the case, and urged the public to pay attention to anyone who may be behaving strangely, such as someone having trouble sleeping or expressing an unusual interest in the case.
Community members have been active in the investigation, and under the direction of Bob Walcutt, executive director of The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas-based nonprofit organization called in by the girl's family to help, scoured Greeley for the teen.

"We're going to do whatever we can to find this young girl," Walcutt said.

Greeley police directed the search organizers to areas to look for any signs of Kayleah, Walcutt said.
As it is at the moment, we don't have any clear direction where she went, or who she went with," Walcutt said. "Right now we are just eliminating areas where she is not."

Police, Mother: Kayleah Did Not Run Away

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, said that disappearing without calling or coming home is not typical of her daughter.

"She's never run away before," Wilson said. "I am worried she may be in danger because none of her friends have seen her, and it is like she just vanished, but that's not possible."

Kayleah, a sixth grader at Brentwood Middle School, was last seen wearing a white-and-pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes. She is described as being 5 feet 1 inch, and approximately 145 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair.

Wilson said her daughter left at 3:40 p.m. for the party, which was just a few blocks away.

"She walked over to the couch and said, 'I love you,' and 'I'll be home by 7,' and she walked out the door and that was it," Wilson said. "She had been talking about the party. She was really looking forward to it."

The eight-block area where Kayleah would have walked to get to the party is well-populated and safe, according to authorities.

Wilson also said that she had no concern about her daughter walking alone and that the neighborhood is not dangerous.

"We all walk everywhere, we don't even have a car," she said. "It's not a bad neighborhood."
Wilson described her daughter as "loving" and "trusting," and said that she's always been well-behaved.
Other than that, Wilson said her daughter is a typical preteen who has a crush on one of the singers from the folk band Celtic Thunder.

On the morning of the day she disappeared, Wilson said her daughter had gone to church with her and had been happy during a lunch at a local restaurant with her grandmother.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100519/UPDATES01/100519005/Decomposed+body+found+in+Greeley+ditch+near+home+of+missing+girl
(with video)
Decomposed body found in Greeley ditch near home of missing girl
May 19, 2010

GREELEY - Police are investigating the possibility that a body found in a ditch this morning may be a 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing since March 28.

Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said at about 9:30 a.m. crews were preparing to extricate the body from the ditch.

Tymkowych also said the body is unidentifiable at this point, but it was found near the home of Kayleah Wilson in southwest Greeley.

"The body is not identifiable at this point because of decomposition," he said, adding that coroner's hope to identify the person later today.

The body was found about 6 a.m. in a ditch near Wilson's home, near the area of 29th Street and 35th Avenue. Tymkowych said an employee for a ditch company was doing a routine check of the ditch when he spotted the body and alerted authorities.

Investigators are attempting to determine how the body came to be in the ditch.

"It's hard to say if this was deposited here or if it was here and it was just now uncovered," Tymkowych said.

Wilson went missing March 28 after she left her home to walk about a mile to a friend's home for a birthday party.

Visit www.coloradoan.com for updates on this story as more details become available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:23:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139247&provider=top&catid=188
Police investigate after body found in ditch
May 19, 2010

REELEY - Homicide detectives were on scene after a worker found a decomposed body in a ditch Wednesday morning, near the home of a 12-year-old girl who has been missing nearly two months.
Advertisement

Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says the body was found around 6 a.m. in a ditch near 29th Street and 35th Avenue.

He says the body is decomposed so at this time they are unsure of its gender.

"The body is not identifiable at this point because of decomposition," he said, adding that the coroner hopes to identify the person later Wednesday.

Tymkowych says the body was found in about three feet of water, behind the old Kendall Printing location in a commercial area, near a school and a church.

According to Tymkowych, an employee of a ditch company was doing a routine check of the ditch when he spotted the body and alerted authorities. The worker checks the ditch daily and he told police he assumes the body was not there on Tuesday.

Investigators are attempting to determine how the body came to be in the ditch.

"It's hard to say if this was deposited here or if it was here and it was just now uncovered," Tymkowych said.

The body was found in an area near where 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson went missing on March 28. Kayleah was last seen leaving her home to walk to a friend's birthday party, but never arrived.

When asked directly if the body was that of Kayleah, Tymkowych said, "We cannot rule that possibility out."

Friends of the Wilson family began arriving at the scene Wednesday.

"I'm hoping that it is her. That way we can lay her to rest, the family can have some closure, friends have closure," Cindy Rogers, a family friend of the Wilsons, said. "It'd be nice to find her."

Tymkowych says the area has been searched at least twice since Kayleah's disappearance. He would not say if there were any items with the body which could indicate its identity.

"We can't identify the items that we've found," Tymkowych said.

Tymkowych says the coroner will perform an autopsy on the body to try to determine its identity and cause of death. He says an "intense search" was planned of the area along the canal where the body was found.

It was not immediately known how long the body had been there.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »

Sad.. I am sure there are not that many missing people in that area.

F.B.I. the disposal of bodies in water ways is common. Just sayin
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »

Oh No. Here we are again.

Her poor mother.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »

Good video showing the scene:

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »

I just heard about this on HLN

How horrible!

an angelic monkey    an angelic monkey    an angelic monkey    an angelic monkey
Kayleah Wilson

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »

Thank-you everyone for the updates, how horrible 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »

This is terrible news. If this is Kayleah may she rest in peace.  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2010, 04:46:16 PM »

With this body being very decomposed and submerged in water, I sure hope the perp left some type of evidence behind. A cigarette butt or something.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »

Tymkowych wouldn't comment on how long officers believe the body was at that spot. Searchers had checked the ditch at least twice before while looking for Kayleah, he said. Investigators planned to use dental records and possibly DNA and hair fibers to identify the body.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-body-found-greeley,0,5920520.story

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.