March 18, 2024, 08:44:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365044 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »

One more comment and I'm gonna shut up - I'm starting to aggravate myself. 

This Elliott Jansma had a charge of sexual assault in 2006 and he is listed as a violent sexual predator. Why isn't this guy in jail?

What's he doing walking around?

Elliot Jansma, 41, meets the criteria based on the nature and conditions of the crime he committed to be considered a sexually violent predator. He is out on parole after a 2006 sexual assault on a child. Authorities did not elaborate on the details of the crime. People deemed to be sexually violent predators are those who have committed serious sexual assaults and are at high risk to re-offend.

It's 2010, and this crazy committed a crime that got him considered a violent sexual predator. What's wrong with this picture? I don't understand how someone can get 15 years for pills and basically a slap on the wrist and a lollipop and off he goes.

Less than one year for this crime? The article, dated 01-27-2007, says he was moving then.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2010, 01:50:39 PM »

I just bet that the perpetrator is crapping himself in his underoos.

I bet he thought the body would disintegrate in the water or remain hidden underground in the ditch for eternity.

I bet he thought he got away with it and was all relaxed and getting on with life.

He can now be recognized to his acquaintances as... he who (1) quits a job (2) asks for loans (3) packs up in a hurry (4) leaves the city.

He knows HIS is coming.

Thank God for the ditch rider (great name for a movie) who found this girl, so now she will rejoin her family and bring closure, and so that the monster who did it pays for what he has done.

God is great.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23621710/detail.html

(snipped)

Authorities had hoped to use dental records from Wilson to determine if the body was hers but there might not have been any. Instead, investigators may be forced to use DNA analysis, which could delay the identification.

(snipped)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23621710/detail.html

(snipped)

Authorities had hoped to use dental records from Wilson to determine if the body was hers but there might not have been any. Instead, investigators may be forced to use DNA analysis, which could delay the identification.

(snipped)
No dental records at all?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2010, 02:32:42 PM »

Unfortunately, many kids have never seen a dentist.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »

Rob, you took the words right out of my typing fingers! why in he!! are these idiot pervs out on the streets to reoffend and hurt our children? they almost always escalate their abuse...now possibly one of them has murdered...and it may not be the first time! and if let out again, it won't be the last time...I am sooooo pissy! how many children do we have to lose to these pervs before the lawmakers finally get it??? indeed, 15 or more years for someone who sells drugs to someone who wants the pills...no force involved there..just their own lives at stake basically if they over do the drugs..But an innocent child ? come on! I just don't get it!!! grrrrrrr

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139353&catid=339

Identity of body found in ditch to be released soon
 18 mins ago

GREELEY - Investigators say the case of a body found in a drainage ditch on Wednesday morning is now a homicide investigation. They have been working to determine if the body is that of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson and a news conference is set for 4 p.m. on Thursday to release more information.

The Weld County Coroner's office is expected to announce the identity of the body during the news conference.

Greeley Police spokesperson Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says even though the case is now a homicide investigation, it does not mean the person whose body was found in the ditch was murdered. He says a homicide investigation is started whenever someone dies under suspicious circumstances.

There has been strong speculation the body is that of Kayleah. She went missing nearly two months ago after she left her home to walk to a birthday party but never arrived.

The body in the ditch was found around 6 a.m. Wednesday near 29th Street and 35th Avenue. Sources tell 9Wants to Know it was so badly decomposed that investigators could not immediately tell whether it is male or female and were also unable to determine the person's age.

Sources say the body was underwater for a substantial amount of time. Investigators say it is possible the body was laying elsewhere and Tuesday's rain storms could have dislodged it and carried it into the ditch.

A candlelight vigil for Kayleah was held on Wednesday night at the ditch by family and friends of the missing girl.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »

FBI: Missing Girl's Body Found In Colo. Ditch

FBI agents say a badly decomposed body was found around 6 a.m. on May 19, 2010, behind a printing business at 3331 West 29th St. in Greeley, Colo., just 1 mile from where Kayleah was last seen.

"This particular area was searched twice before," said FBI spokesman Dave Joly. "We're waiting on the Weld County Coroner to fully process the body."

The FBI in Denver confirmed on May 20, 2010, that the body found in a west Greeley ditch is that of Kayleah Wilson. They tell AMW that identification was made through a match in dental records.

Agents are not saying how the 12-year-old died, but they suspect homicide considering the circumstances of the crime scene. The autopsy is still under way at the Weld County Coroner's Office.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=72088

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »

FBI: Missing Girl's Body Found In Colo. Ditch

FBI agents say a badly decomposed body was found around 6 a.m. on May 19, 2010, behind a printing business at 3331 West 29th St. in Greeley, Colo., just 1 mile from where Kayleah was last seen.

"This particular area was searched twice before," said FBI spokesman Dave Joly. "We're waiting on the Weld County Coroner to fully process the body."

The FBI in Denver confirmed on May 20, 2010, that the body found in a west Greeley ditch is that of Kayleah Wilson. They tell AMW that identification was made through a match in dental records.

Agents are not saying how the 12-year-old died, but they suspect homicide considering the circumstances of the crime scene. The autopsy is still under way at the Weld County Coroner's Office.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=72088

Thank-you, so I guess there were some dental records.  RIP Kayleah  an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2010, 04:35:58 PM »

Rest in peace Kayleah an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »

AMW is the only one right now reporting the body has been identified as Kayleah.  It likely is Kayleah but I'll wait to move this thread to the Missing Found Deceased area until we get further confirmation.  There will be a press conference in about 1.5 hours.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: May 20, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »

Yup......that is why I did not move it...wait 4 conference.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #412 on: May 20, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »

AMW is the only one right now reporting the body has been identified as Kayleah.  It likely is Kayleah but I'll wait to move this thread to the Missing Found Deceased area until we get further confirmation.  There will be a press conference in about 1.5 hours.
Thank you Klaas and Nut.

Rest in Peace Kayleah. We will seek justice for you.  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: May 20, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »

9newsdotcom

http://www.9news.com will be live streaming a news conference at 4 p.m. about the Greeley body's ID.

LIVE NEWS CONFERENCE @ 4 P.M.
GREELEY - Investigators say the case of a body found in a drainage ditch on Wednesday morning is now a homicide investigation. They have been working to determine if the body is that of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson and a news conference is set for 4 p.m. on Thursday to release more information.

http://www.9news.com/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: May 20, 2010, 05:33:02 PM »

FBI: Body found is Kayleah Wilson

Web Staff KDVR Denver
1:28 PM MDT, May 20, 2010

GREELEY, Colo. - FOX31 News has confirmed through FBI sources that a body found in a drainage ditch in Greeley Wednesday is that of Kayleah Wilson, a 12-year-old girl who disappeared two months ago.

Greeley Police scheduled a 4 p.m. press conference to "make an announcement" regarding the case, which is being treated as a homicide. (WATCH LIVE)

The cause of death was not immediately released.

Wilson disappeared March 28 after she left her home in south Greeley to attend a birthday party. This spawned an intense search involving more than 50 FBI agents, dozens of Greeley police and Weld County sheriff's deputies.

Investigators say Kayleah was last seen alive by two credible witnesses as she was apparently waiting for someone, or something, outside an entrance to the Greeley Mall on March 28. Surveillance tapes from numerous businesses near the girl's home and mall were examined, but no arrests were made and the trail went cold.

Kayleah's body was found Wednesday morning by a ditch rider who was checking the Greeley-Loveland Irrigation Canal behind Trinity Lutheran School, located at 3000 35th Ave. The body was at the bottom of a 30-foot spillway.

Dozens of Greeley residents, including friends of Wilson's family attended a candlelight vigil at the drainage ditch where Kayleah's body was found, before she was positively identified.

"It hurts me and I don't even know her or her family, so I can't even imagine what they're going through," said one woman who attended the vigil. "I've lived in Greeley for 10 years and I never thought anything like this would happen."

The FBI is turning the case over to local authorities as the search for Kayleah is no longer considered a kidnapping.

Developing...

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-kayleah-wilson-found-txt,0,4936150.story

Heart
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: May 20, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »

Press Conference should start in about 15 minutes.  You can watch live at this link:

http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_16x9.aspx

If that doesn't work try from the 9news front page:

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2010, 05:46:11 PM »

FBI Says Badly Decomposed Body is Kayleah Wilson

Twelve-Year-Old Kayleah Wilson Last Seen Walking to Birthday Party a Few Blocks From Home

By EMILY FRIEDMAN and CLAYTON SANDELL
May 20, 2010

A badly decomposed body found in Colorado yesterday is that of missing 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson, FBI sources told ABC News today.

The body, found Wednesday just one mile from where Kayleah went missing nearly two months ago, was identified through dental records, the source said.

An official announcement from law enforcement is expected later today.

Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowkych said in a statement that the body was discovered at 6 a.m. Wednesday by a worker who was inspecting the water levels in an irrigation ditch.

The body is so decomposed that is was not immediately clear if it was that of a female or a male, said Tymkowkych.

The search for Kayleah, who went missing March 28 after leaving her Greeley home to attend a birthday party, has been confounded by an absence of any information or leads, police have said.

Last month, the FBI doubled the amount of reward money they are offering from $10,000 to $20,000.

At the time, James Davis, special agent in charge of the Denver FBI office, said the FBI has cut back significantly on the staffing assigned to the case, although that could change if new leads or information surfaces.

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner said in April that investigators remained motivated, but acknowledged that the chances of finding Kayleah safe decreased with time. While officials say they still can't rule out that Kayleah is a runaway, that possibility is becoming less likely.

"It's very unusual not to have any indication to point us in a direction one way or another," Garner said.

"We still can't rule out the fact that she ran away on her own, although I will say given the amount of time she's been gone and without any contact from her, we're definitely leaning in the direction that this is not a runaway situation and that this is something worse than that," said Davis.

Davis said there are no suspects in the case, and urged the public to pay attention to anyone who may be behaving strangely, such as someone having trouble sleeping or expressing an unusual interest in the case.

Community members have been active in the investigation, and under the direction of Bob Walcutt, executive director of The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas-based nonprofit organization called in by the girl's family to help, scoured Greeley for the teen.

"We're going to do whatever we can to find this young girl," Walcutt said.

Greeley police directed the search organizers to areas to look for any signs of Kayleah, Walcutt said.

"As it is at the moment, we don't have any clear direction where she went, or who she went with," Walcutt said. "Right now we are just eliminating areas where she is not."

Police, Mother: Kayleah Did Not Run Away

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, said that disappearing without calling or coming home is not typical of her daughter.

"She's never run away before," Wilson said. "I am worried she may be in danger because none of her friends have seen her, and it is like she just vanished, but that's not possible."

Kayleah, a sixth grader at Brentwood Middle School, was last seen wearing a white-and-pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes. She is described as being 5 feet 1 inch, and approximately 145 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair.

Wilson said her daughter left at 3:40 p.m. for the party, which was just a few blocks away.

"She walked over to the couch and said, 'I love you,' and 'I'll be home by 7,' and she walked out the door and that was it," Wilson said. "She had been talking about the party. She was really looking forward to it."

The eight-block area where Kayleah would have walked to get to the party is well-populated and safe, according to authorities.

Wilson also said that she had no concern about her daughter walking alone and that the neighborhood is not dangerous.

"We all walk everywhere, we don't even have a car," she said. "It's not a bad neighborhood."

Other than that, Wilson said her daughter is a typical preteen who has a crush on one of the singers from the folk band Celtic Thunder.

On the morning of the day she disappeared, Wilson said her daughter had gone to church with her and had been happy during a lunch at a local restaurant with her grandmother.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/decomposed-body-identified-missing-12-year-girl-kayleah/story?id=10703602&page=1

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »

Press Conference should start in about 15 minutes.  You can watch live at this link:

Thanks klaas!

Heart
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »

Thank you Klaas.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »

Another life taken before she even got to experience life

These monsters scare me...I have become so over protective when comes to my granddaughters..

Prayers for Kayleah's family and friends..their life is forever changed.

Rest IN Peace Kayleah an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.