March 19, 2024, 04:03:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365084 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2010, 08:53:30 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=wall&id=100000125359360

Melody Willert
  We just found out that one of our previous foster girls is missing. Her mom really does not think she would have run away. She was walking over to a friends house Sunday afternoon and never made it there. Has not been seen since about 1pm Sunday. Please say a prayer for her safety. She is a favorite of ours and we... have never lost touch with her or her family since she went home.
See More
Mon at 3:54pm

Melody Willert  latest update, K appears to have run away with a 17 year old boy. all of her plans to go to a friends house were just a story she had made up to get out of the house and meet him. still no word on where she may be as of Monday night about 9:30.
Yesterday at 3:11am

Melody Willert
Melody Willert latest update, there was no 17 year old, who knows who told who that, bottom line is she has been missing for more then 48 hours now and every hour makes things harder to find her. My heart is breaking thinking of her, so young and..................
Yesterday at 3:20pm

Melody Willert  I just can't get her off my mind! She was part of our family for 9 months,we love her dearly! It just boggles my mind how she just vanished! Scary! Pray for her safe return, if someone has taken her pray that God will put it on that persons heart to return her to her family and if she is a runaway that she comes ho...me NOW. Pray for all the people working on the case to be shown the path to finding her. PRAY!
See More
about an hour ago

OK, so why was she in Foster Care?

I'm bringing some of the early posts/discussion from Kayleah's case forward.  Klaas posted this on March 31st.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »

Hello Monkies----I wonder if LE is allowed to check Mr. Larencio Montoya's immigration status. Guess it would be profiling.

This is an inappropriate comment to make not only because you are assuming something based upon his name, but also because you are attempting to bring politics into a missing persons case.

People might assume from my SM nickname that I'm either Dutch or related to Marc Klaas and neither one would be true.  Be careful judging people by their names.

Please think about that next time and PLEASE, leave the immigration debate out of the missing persons threads.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:43:50 PM by klaasend » Logged

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »

I sure was wondering that as well, why was she in foster care. I don't think that there was ever an answer for that.   CBS4 has learned Montoya has been arrested before. He faced sexual assault charges in January and October 2009. I'll bet that this is where Kayleah was going that day to meet Montoya, not to a birthday party, and this talk/rumor about her maybe being pregnant  Well, in my head I'm putting two and two together.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2010, 09:01:19 PM »

Hello Monkies----I wonder if LE is allowed to check Mr. Larencio Montoya's immigration status. Guess it would be profiling.
Oh boy, I was wondering the same thing.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2010, 09:34:08 PM »

WTF - a MOTHER let her daughter date a guy this old?    To me that is enough to put the kid in foster care.                                           

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: May 21, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

WTF - a MOTHER let her daughter date a guy this old?    To me that is enough to put the kid in foster care.                                           
Very disturbing.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: May 21, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »

I wonder if the sexual assault charges Larencio Montoya faced in January and October 2009 had anything to do with Kayleah or possibly another under aged girl?  I've been reading some of the earlier posted articles in this thread and I saw one posted by Nut:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7513.msg1103108#msg1103108

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kayleah-wil...0250877&page=2

snipped......
Wilson describes her daughter as "loving" and "trusting," and said that she's always been well-behaved, except for a recent incident involving an older boyfriend.

According to Wilson, Kayleah had been seriously involved with a 17-year-old who was friends with her older brother, but the couple had broken up a few months ago.

Other than that, Wilson said her daughter is a typical preteen who has a crush on one of the singers from the folk band Celtic Thunder.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: May 21, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »

I wonder if the sexual assault charges Larencio Montoya faced in January and October 2009 had anything to do with Kayleah or possibly another under aged girl?  I've been reading some of the earlier posted articles in this thread and I saw one posted by Nut:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7513.msg1103108#msg1103108

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kayleah-wil...0250877&page=2

snipped......
Wilson describes her daughter as "loving" and "trusting," and said that she's always been well-behaved, except for a recent incident involving an older boyfriend.

According to Wilson, Kayleah had been seriously involved with a 17-year-old who was friends with her older brother, but the couple had broken up a few months ago.

Other than that, Wilson said her daughter is a typical preteen who has a crush on one of the singers from the folk band Celtic Thunder.

I wonder also, maybe Kayleah and another girl, or maybe two other girls 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #468 on: May 21, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »

Thank you for all the updates.  I have a hard time understanding why her mother would let her become seriously involved with a 17 year old boy?  Protecting our children is difficult enough let alone allowing this to happen in your own home. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »

I sure was wondering that as well, why was she in foster care. I don't think that there was ever an answer for that.   CBS4 has learned Montoya has been arrested before. He faced sexual assault charges in January and October 2009. I'll bet that this is where Kayleah was going that day to meet Montoya, not to a birthday party, and this talk/rumor about her maybe being pregnant  Well, in my head I'm putting two and two together.
I think you make a good point.  If she was indeed pregnant this then becomes a double homicide doesn't it?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100521/NEWS/100529928/1005&parentprofile=1001
Kayleah's boyfriend jailed on sex assault charges
May 21, 2010

Robert Laurencio Montoya
Photo courtesy of the Weld County Sheriff's Office

The 18-year-old boyfriend of murder victim Kayleah Wilson, 12, is in jail today on $100,000 bond, facing a charge of sexual assault on a child because of his relationship with the murdered girl.

Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said Friday that the sexual assault is not currently connected to the murder of Kayleah, whose body was found earlier this week in a west Greeley irrigation ditch.

Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, of Greeley is considered a “person of interest” in the case, Tymkowych said. “...one of several persons of interest.” He is being held in the Weld County Jail on charges of the sexual assault on a child and sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse.

All court records on the case have been sealed by the Weld District Attorney's Office.

Rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy have been coming up in the case, but Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories.

The girl disappeared March 28 on a Sunday afternoon when she left her south Greeley home to meet a friend for a birthday party. She was never seen again until Wednesday morning, when her body was discovered in the irrigation ditch.

It was so badly decomposed that the exact date of death hasn't been determined. Police will not release the cause of death, except to say it is now being investigated as a murder case.

Tymkowych said police believe Montoya was involved in a sexual relationship with the girl when he was 17 and 18 years old

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: May 21, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139448&provider=top&catid=188
(Videos)
Former boyfriend of murdered girl accused of sex assault
May 21, 2010

GREELEY - Police have arrested Kayleah Wilson's former boyfriend on charges of sexual assault on a child, but say it is a separate case from the 12-year-old girl's homicide.

Greeley Police arrested 18-year-old Robert Laurencio Montoya on Wednesday night just after 8:30 on charges of sexual assault on a child. Montoya is still in the Weld County Jail in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

He also faces a charge of sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse. That means investigators believe there were at least two occurrences of the abuse.

Montoya appeared in court on Friday morning for a bond hearing and will be back in court on May 25.

He has not been named as a suspect in Kayleah's murder. Investigators say they believe Montoya had a sexual relationship with her.

Court records obtained by 9Wants to Know show investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October of last year.

Kayleah's body was found in a Greeley drainage ditch on Wednesday morning. Police say her death is not accidental.

She went missing on March 28 when she left her home for a birthday party but never arrived.

When she was found, investigators say Kayleah had been killed some time ago. Her body was in an advanced state of decomposition so the Weld County Coroner's office had to identify her through dental records.

Investigators say they know how she died, but are not releasing details.

Greeley Police say more officers are now on the case after the discovery of Kayleah's body. Investigators plan to re-interview all individuals and retrace their steps to make sure nothing was missed.

Police say 15 to 17 detectives are working the case daily along with FBI agents. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is conducting all evidence analysis of the body and evidence taken from the area where the body was found.

A local paper, the Greeley Gazette, is working several organizations to help the family.

A local funeral home is also covering all expenses and a car dealership is giving April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, a used car. Culvers, a restaurant, is also donating two days of proceeds to the Wilson family.   an angelic monkey

9NEWS spoke with April Wilson on Friday afternoon and she says she is touched to see this type of community support.

Greeley Police are still looking for additional tips related to the investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call 970-350-9600. There is a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: May 21, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »

I think you make a good point.  If she was indeed pregnant this then becomes a double homicide doesn't it?
Yes, I would sure think so.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26:53 PM »

A local funeral home is also covering all expenses and a car dealership is giving April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, a used car. Culvers, a restaurant, is also donating two days of proceeds to the Wilson family.   That is extremely kind  an angelic monkey
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #474 on: May 21, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

One of the more perplexing parts of the case was the the tracking dog(s) followed Kayleah's scent out the door and to the curb in front of her house (IIRC and I think I do, but I could be wrong - it's in the beginning of the thread.)

So, she probably wasn't walking anywhere.

If the boyfriend has not been arrested for murder yet, I wonder why. It's natural. Wouldn't he rather keep her alive - you know, I don't need to spell it out. Unless of course it was an accident and the police have ruled that out. So, I wonder why he would kill her.

Seems to me, maybe, just maybe, there COULD BE someone else involved here.

This 17 / turned 18 year old boyfriend could have been arrested at any time for the crimes he has been charged with. Why now? Does he know something related to another person Kayleah was intimate with? Just askin'.

I guess we need more info.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2010, 10:43:14 PM »

A local funeral home is also covering all expenses and a car dealership is giving April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, a used car. Culvers, a restaurant, is also donating two days of proceeds to the Wilson family.   That is extremely kind  an angelic monkey

wow, thank you nrcg. how lovely and wonderful - this is the best new I've heard all week.  an angelic monkey

+++

Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #476 on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »

Am I dreaming or is this the case that the myspace said something about her being bothered or stalked by someone and we believed it was her former boyfriend?

Great memory, Tracygirl - you are absolutely right. Went back & found your quote from when she went missing:

Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 04:19:54 PM
"There are a few myspace's that I believe are hers. did anyone see this? this was posted on one of the myspaces,

Here is the link, if you wish to delete that is fine given she is a minor

Kayleah Wilson Wishing someone would leave me alone. Stop telling my friends things to tell me just leave me alone you stalker freak.!!!
Mood: PISSED OFF Posted at 5:00 PM Feb 23 from Mobile

Edit:  Add link per Tracygirl: http://www.myspace.com/498120138"

Even more interesting at this juncture, no?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »

one more minor point.

I know it seems terrible that a 12 year old could be pregnant, and believe me it is. Babies should not be having babies. We all know that.

If all of the people that were involved with pregnant 12 year olds were arrested and convicted - we would empty out Baltimore, LA, Washing DC, Miami, Houston, Phoenix, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

It's a shame that noting can be done until after the fact and even then - what can really be done?

I say lock 'em up forever, but you know that someone somewhere will say that the child will have no father.

Sick cycle if you ask me.

+++

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: May 21, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »

Am I dreaming or is this the case that the myspace said something about her being bothered or stalked by someone and we believed it was her former boyfriend?

Great memory, Tracygirl - you are absolutely right. Went back & found your quote from when she went missing:

Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 04:19:54 PM
"There are a few myspace's that I believe are hers. did anyone see this? this was posted on one of the myspaces,

Here is the link, if you wish to delete that is fine given she is a minor

Kayleah Wilson Wishing someone would leave me alone. Stop telling my friends things to tell me just leave me alone you stalker freak.!!!
Mood: PISSED OFF Posted at 5:00 PM Feb 23 from Mobile

Edit:  Add link per Tracygirl: http://www.myspace.com/498120138"

Even more interesting at this juncture, no?
Thank you for bringing this forward Tam. Would be very interesting to know who the friends are that the stalker was talking to.  Perhaps LE has talked to these friends, it is obvious they know who she was referring to.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: May 21, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »

one more minor point.

I know it seems terrible that a 12 year old could be pregnant, and believe me it is. Babies should not be having babies. We all know that.

If all of the people that were involved with pregnant 12 year olds were arrested and convicted - we would empty out Baltimore, LA, Washing DC, Miami, Houston, Phoenix, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

It's a shame that noting can be done until after the fact and even then - what can really be done?

I say lock 'em up forever, but you know that someone somewhere will say that the child will have no father.

Sick cycle if you ask me.

I couldn't agree more Rob. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.