March 18, 2024, 10:48:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365053 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2010, 11:07:49 PM »

< snipped >
Thank you for bringing this forward Tam. Would be very interesting to know who the friends are that the stalker was talking to.  Perhaps LE has talked to these friends, it is obvious they know who she was referring to.
[/quote]

I have been trying to find who is linked to who in her circle and there is not much of a circle.

I KNOW the police know who is who, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

only 10 friends and no comments (unless they have been deleted)

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:34 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409979/1051&ParentProfile=1001
Kayleah Wilson case: Timeline of the search
Sunday
» 3:40 p.m.: Kayleah Wilson says goodbye to her mother, April Wilson, and leaves the apartment in the 2800 block of 28th Street. She's walking to meet a friend south of the Greeley Mall, then to go to a birthday party. It's likely she crossed U.S. 34 Bypass to get to the Greeley Mall.

» 10 p.m.: Discovering Kayleah did not make it to the party and did not return home, April Wilson calls Greeley police to report her daughter as missing. As is standard with missing older children — Kayleah is 12 — police handle it as a possible runaway and put out an alert to watch for her.

Monday
» Morning: Greeley police officers discuss the case, canvas the area and learn there is no indication that Kayleah is a runaway. Police spend the day questioning the family and friends of Kayleah and contacting possible witnesses in the neighborhood and the area south of the Greeley Mall.

» Police request an Amber Alert through the state, but are told the case does not meet the requirements. Her name and photo are placed on state and national missing children sites. There is no evidence of her running away, nor is there any evidence of foul play.

Tuesday
» Morning: Search dogs are brought in but are unable to pick up a scent of the girl. Detectives decide it is time to send out a press release.

» 2:54 p.m.: The first press release with Kayleah's photo and description is e-mailed from the Greeley police to media throughout the state; police increase the number of officers and detectives working on the case. The FBI is asked to join the investigation.

Wednesday
» 9 a.m.: There are now 25 officers and detectives working the case. They search U.S. 34 Bypass near the house, looking through ditches, culverts and bushes. No evidence of Kayleah is found. About the same time, April Wilson passes out fliers of her daughter at Greeley West High School.

» The FBI sends agents to meet and join the investigation with Greeley detectives.

» April Wilson spends much of the day at the Greeley Police Department, trying to help find her daughter.

Yeah, because when children go missing, the first place the parent should look is at the Police Department.....
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2010, 11:31:46 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409979/1051&ParentProfile=1001
Sunday
» 3:40 p.m.: Kayleah Wilson says goodbye to her mother, April Wilson, and leaves the apartment in the 2800 block of 28th Street. She's walking to meet a friend south of the Greeley Mall, then to go to a birthday party. It's likely she crossed U.S. 34 Bypass to get to the Greeley Mall.

» 10 p.m.: Discovering Kayleah did not make it to the party and did not return home, April Wilson calls Greeley police to report her daughter as missing. As is standard with missing older children — Kayleah is 12 — police handle it as a possible runaway and put out an alert to watch for her.

Monday
» Morning: Greeley police officers discuss the case, canvas the area and learn there is no indication that Kayleah is a runaway. Police spend the day questioning the family and friends of Kayleah and contacting possible witnesses in the neighborhood and the area south of the Greeley Mall.

» Police request an Amber Alert through the state, but are told the case does not meet the requirements. Her name and photo are placed on state and national missing children sites. There is no evidence of her running away, nor is there any evidence of foul play.

Tuesday
» Morning: Search dogs are brought in but are unable to pick up a scent of the girl. Detectives decide it is time to send out a press release.

» 2:54 p.m.: The first press release with Kayleah's photo and description is e-mailed from the Greeley police to media throughout the state; police increase the number of officers and detectives working on the case. The FBI is asked to join the investigation.

Wednesday
» 9 a.m.: There are now 25 officers and detectives working the case. They search U.S. 34 Bypass near the house, looking through ditches, culverts and bushes. No evidence of Kayleah is found. About the same time, April Wilson passes out fliers of her daughter at Greeley West High School.

» The FBI sends agents to meet and join the investigation with Greeley detectives.

» April Wilson spends much of the day at the Greeley Police Department, trying to help find her daughter.

Yeah, because when children go missing, the first place the parent should look is at the Police Department.....

YourMom-This was day four from when Kayleah went missing.  I don't see anything wrong with Kayleah's mother" spending much of the day" at the police station on day four.  This obviously wasn't "the first place" her mother was looking for her. Look at the time line.    She may very well have been meeting the FBI people and the detectives, going over routines, discussing possibilities, looking at photos of possible RSO's, or whatever. What she was doing there couldn't have been enjoyable or restful. 
  There had already been search dogs out and etc., and there the police had arleady begun searching (see timeline)  Kayleah's mother may have been asked to come in and speak with the FBI agents and etc.  There are different ways to search.  Right now I'm not really sure what kind of person or what kind of mother Kayleah's mom was.  There are questions about why Kayleah was seeing a 17 year old boy when she was only 12, and that is one thing.  But what does that have to do with the cheap shot you just gave to Kayleahs' mother about searching?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »

Thank you so much Heart....can you get Ginger,Robert,and Patrick too?.....One of these might be the 17 year old boyfriend that they were referring to.

ginger my sons friend and a weekend child

Robert another one of my sons friends

Richard

my big boy

We were right early on when we were posting pictures and watching the videos....
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »

Thank you so much Heart....can you get Ginger,Robert,and Patrick too?.....One of these might be the 17 year old boyfriend that they were referring to.

ginger my sons friend and a weekend child

Robert another one of my sons friends

Richard

my big boy

We were right early on when we were posting pictures and watching the videos....

Yep.  thank you for posting that, my2cents. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2010, 11:54:49 PM »

robert montoya has a myspace and his picture shows he has shorter hair. If you google "devil nero robert montoya myspace" it should lead you directly to his myspace site. I looked up robert montoya from greeley colorado and he has at least 5 different myspace websites one from 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010...my question is why does he have so many myspace sites?!

http://www.myspace.com/gamemasta92
www.myspace.com/vampirelestat52
www.myspace.com/111543372
www.myspace.com/281411369
www.myspace.com/322136565

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2010, 11:55:05 PM »

You are welcome......Bringing the video link forward also

http://en.netlog.com/aprilwilson/video
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »

~~~~~

<snips from a news article upthread>

"Police have arrested Kayleah Wilson's former boyfriend on charges of sexual assault on a child, but say it is a separate case from the 12-year-old girl's homicide."

"He also faces a charge of sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse. That means investigators believe there were at least two occurrences of the abuse. "

"Court records obtained by 9Wants to Know show investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October of last year."

<snips from another news article further upthread>

"The 18-year-old boyfriend of murder victim Kayleah Wilson, 12, is in jail today on $100,000 bond, facing a charge of sexual assault on a child because of his relationship with the murdered girl."

"Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said Friday that the sexual assault is not currently connected to the murder of Kayleah, whose body was found earlier this week in a west Greeley irrigation ditch."

"Rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy have been coming up in the case, but Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories."

~~~~~

First of all, "investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October of last year."  They have obtained court records.  For there to be court records, there must at least been a report of some kind re the 'relationship' between Kayleah and the ex-bf.  Evidently not enough to have had the ex-bf arrested and charged with statuatory rape?  Yet enough for LE now to charge the ex-bf with "a pattern of abuse"? 

Sounds to me like this means that the court was aware, back in October, of what had been going on between the two of them, yet this ex-bf was NOT already in jail for that.  WTH???  Why not??  Why wait til her dead body is found to think 'hmmmm... houston we have a problem'.     

I think the timing is very interesting that Kayleah's body was found Wednesday morning, and the ex-bf was finally arrested Wednesday night for the earlier sexual assault/s on Kayleah.  It's almost as if LE realized ut-oh, we 'shoulda/coulda' already had this jerk in jail facing earlier charges, we best run right over there and grab him while we can'.  CYA at it's finest??????  pfffffffffft!!   

Second of all.... I wonder what it was about finding Kayleah's body that made LE think of her ex-bf and his prior sexual assault/s on her?  Could the rumors be true that Kayleah had been pregnant?  What else could have sent LE running to arrest him on something that supposedly began 7 months ago, that they supposedly knew about 7 months ago, and evidently did nothing about at that time? 

Am curious as to when Kayleah and this ex-bf supposedly broke up.  All I've seen so far is 'recently', which could be anywhere from the day before she disappeared to several weeks or a couple of months. 

Also am curious to know whether or not Kayleah's mother brought charges against the ex-bf back in October.  She didn't mention that back when Kayleah was missing, and LE thought she had run off with someone.  Wonder why LE questioned him early on and thought things were fine and let him go?  Unless they were just saying that but had their eye on him? 

Why does it seem that either the media, LE, or both.. are being very careful how they report when Kayleah's body was found (wednesday morning) and when the ex-bf was arrested (wednesday night)?  In the articles I've read, it said what day Kayleah was found yet was rather vague about the arrest.  In another article, it said what day the ex-bf was arrested yet was rather vague about the day Kayleah was found.  WTH??  They are hoping no one would notice that ermmmmm it was the same frigging day??!!

LE is also tip-toeing around what they say about his charges right now.  The Sgt said that "the sexual assault is not currently connected to the murder of Kayleah".  Uh huh, not currently... leaves it wide open to possibly being connected down the road when they get all their ducks in a row. 

All IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »

Tooooooooooo many cases with names that rhyme!  Caylee, Haleigh, Kayleah....   

Sorry if I put in the wrong spelling for Kayleah's name somewhere in my last post.  I caught myself several times typing it one or another of the other names. 

Maybe too many of these?   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #489 on: May 22, 2010, 12:11:41 AM »

"Rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy have been coming up in the case, but Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories."

~~~~

Oh yeah... one other point I forgot to make in my longer post above.  Sgt Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories....... yet he didn't deny them either. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: May 22, 2010, 12:13:14 AM »

Tooooooooooo many cases with names that rhyme!  Caylee, Haleigh, Kayleah....   

Sorry if I put in the wrong spelling for Kayleah's name somewhere in my last post.  I caught myself several times typing it one or another of the other names. 

Maybe too many of these?   

Unfortunately, I don't think it's too many margaritas.  I think it's we have too many children that have become victims.     It gets hard to keep them all straight sometimes...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: May 22, 2010, 12:14:29 AM »

~~~~

Oh yeah... one other point I forgot to make in my longer post above.  Sgt Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories....... yet he didn't deny them either. 

Yep.  I noticed that too, Wyks.  In Phoung Le's case, there were rumors of a possible pregnancy, but the police department denied those rumors. 

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #492 on: May 22, 2010, 12:14:44 AM »

Wyks, I wonder if this robert laurencio montoya has had any other gf's, I mean I was looking at his recent myspace and he it looks like he moved on to another girl that is his age and i looked at her myspace and it shows her with a baby...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #493 on: May 22, 2010, 12:16:04 AM »

I sure was wondering that as well, why was she in foster care. I don't think that there was ever an answer for that.   CBS4 has learned Montoya has been arrested before. He faced sexual assault charges in January and October 2009. I'll bet that this is where Kayleah was going that day to meet Montoya, not to a birthday party, and this talk/rumor about her maybe being pregnant  Well, in my head I'm putting two and two together.
I think you make a good point.  If she was indeed pregnant this then becomes a double homicide doesn't it?

In California it would.  Am thinking that may differ from state to state. 

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #494 on: May 22, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »

I am disappointed to see yet another thing like this happen to another young girl especially in the U.S., you can't trust anyone.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: May 22, 2010, 01:45:51 AM »

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14386

Fetal Homicide Laws

Colorado:

Colo. Rev. Stat. §18-1.3-401 (13) specifies that a court shall sentence a defendant convicted of committing specified offenses against a pregnant woman, if the defendant knew or reasonably should have known that the victim was pregnant, to a term of at least the midpoint, but not more than twice the maximum, of the presumptive range for the punishment of the offense.

Colo. Rev. Stat. §18-1.3-501 (6) establishes that a court shall sentence a defendant convicted of assault in the third degree to a term of imprisonment of at least six months, but not longer than the maximum sentence authorized for the offense, if the victim of the assault was a pregnant woman and the defendant knew or should have known that the victim was pregnant.

Colo. Rev. Stat. §18-1.3-1201 defines aggravating factors in the sentence of death or life imprisonment. The law defines the intentional killing of a pregnant woman with the knowledge that she was pregnant as an aggravating factor.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #496 on: May 22, 2010, 02:04:54 AM »

Not sure this has anything to do with Kayleah or if the location (Colorado Springs) is close to Greeley but thought this was interesting....(so little info is given, I wonder why they bothered even posting this)

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/94533579.html

UPDATE: Divers Search for Evidence in Prospect Lake

Divers spent Thursday at Prospect Lake in Colorado Springs searching for evidence in a case that detectives are working on. They wrapped up for the day after 8 hrs in the water. Lt. Mike Smaldino from the Colorado Springs Fire Department says they will resume on Monday.

Divers spent Thursday at Prospect Lake in Colorado Springs searching for evidence in a case that detectives are working on. They wrapped up for the day after 8 hrs in the water. Lt. Mike Smaldino from the Colorado Springs Fire Department says they will resume on Monday.

Because it's an active investigation, authorities say they can't release any information, even about which investigation it's connected to. They also used metal detectors.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department's Dive Team has been asked before to help various agencies recover items such as cars, evidence and even bodies.

"I always tell the D.A. it's a needle in a haystack but if we're systematic about it, we have a good chance," said Lt. David Barron with the Colorado Springs Fire Department.

Once the District Attorney's Office can release details, we'll update you on this story.

Posted: 4:42 PM May 20, 2010
Reporter: Mindy Stone
Email Address: mstone@kktv.com

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

They probably arrested him now to keep him out of the way while they process the evidence.
He is the prime suspect, IMO.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:29 AM »

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Wow, what a rude comment. I am not sure what you want to have her do - she was giving the police what ever information she could. She had looked under the bed and in the closet already - now she was helping the professionals do what they are supposed to do.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #499 on: May 22, 2010, 08:13:30 AM »

May 21, 7:32 PM EDT

Police: 18-year-old had sex with 12-year-old girl

DENVER (AP) -- An 18-year-old Colorado man has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a 12-year-old girl whose decomposed body was recovered this week in an irrigation ditch, police said.

Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said the arrest of Robert Laurencio Montoya, a former boyfriend of sixth-grader Kayleah Wilson, is unrelated to the homicide investigation involving her death. Authorities said they know how the girl died, but aren't releasing details.
"This arrest is separate and distinct from the Kayleah Wilson homicide case that is currently being investigated," Tymkowych said in a statement.

Kayleah had been missing since March when her body was found Wednesday in an industrial area about a half-mile from her house. Montoya was arrested that same day, police said.

He faces felony charges of sexual assault on a child, pattern of abuse. He appeared in court Friday where bail was set at $100,000.

His next court hearing is May 25.

Tymkowych said Montoya had previously been interviewed and cooperated with their missing person investigation.

It was unclear whether Montoya had hired an attorney. A home number could not be immediately found.

On Friday, police said they were examining a "mountain of evidence" and developing a list of people to re-interview about the disappearance and death of the 12-year-old.

Tymkowych said they still had no suspects in the slaying but are looking at a range of individuals who had the time and opportunity to kill Kayleah and don't have good alibis.

"We're reviewing every detail that we developed when this was a missing person investigation, deciding which lead could be more fruitful, then prioritizing which people to talk to first," Tymkowych said.

Evidence gathered along the irrigation ditch earlier this week was also being processed for testing. Tymkowych would not disclose what investigators found.

Two eyewitnesses previously told police they saw Kayleah at the Greeley Mall March 28, about a half-hour after her mother said she left to attend a friend's birthday party. Tymkowych said police also have surveillance video from near the mall showing a grainy figure that could be Kayleah.

Kayleah's last known whereabouts are crucial in determining how her body ended up about a mile away from the mall, where a worker checking the ditch after a heavy rain found the body Wednesday.

Meanwhile Greeley, an agricultural community of about 93,000 people 65 miles north of Denver, grieved the death of Kayleah. A steady stream of parents and children, some in tears, visited the spillway in the ditch where Kayleah's body was found. A makeshift memorial of teddy bears, candles, flowers and crucifixes grew on the grassy banks.

"It's an open wound because whoever did this is still out there," Melissa Lujan, whose daughter knew Kayleah said Thursday. "You know it's bringing us together to where we watch our children more often, we tell them we love them, we kiss them goodnight, kiss them before they leave but just knowing that somebody could do this."

Cheryl Frendrich, whose grandson was friends with Kayleah, described her as a "happy little girl, full of life."

The decomposing body had been in the irrigation ditch "for some time" in an area that had been searched twice, Police Chief Jerry Garner said. Greeley is about 60 miles northeast of Denver.

Wilson's March 28 disappearance spawned repeated searches by police, Greeley residents and the FBI. Authorities said they pursued more than 300 leads and knocked on the doors of about 1,000 homes.

No one has been ruled out as a suspect, but investigators have nothing that points to family members, Garner said.

In April, as leads from the public dwindled, authorities increased the reward for information about Wilson to $20,000. Investigators also described behavior that might point to a possible abductor. They urged people to watch for someone who had missed work, had unexplained injuries or shown an unexpected or sudden interest in the case.

Police met with Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, before the public announcement. A victim's advocate said Wilson did not want to speak with the media.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BODY_FOUND_COLORADO?SITE=AZPHG&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.