March 18, 2024, 11:11:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365056 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #500 on: May 22, 2010, 08:24:39 AM »

Robert Laurencio Montoya

Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, was being held in the Weld County Jail on charges of sexual assault on a child and sex assault on a child with a pattern of abuse. He was arrested Wednesday, the same day Kayleah's body was found in a drainage ditch.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/kdvr-kayleah-montoya-txt,0,3166627.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #501 on: May 22, 2010, 08:36:19 AM »

Thanks Nut for the update.

Authorities said they know how the girl died, but aren't releasing details.

It seems that whatever happened to poor Kayleah it was visible. Possibly a ligature, stab wound, or gunshot. Horrible to think about. Whatever it was the case was immediately classified as a homicide so it had to be visible. The manner of death could lead the police to someone based on previous modus operandi. Decomposing bodies usually need a heaping load of forensics.

From the previous article.
Court records obtained by 9Wants to Know show investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October of last year.

Think? The police need more than *think* - they need proof. And I don't think proof would constitute the mom's word against his, even if she caught them in the act. It would be his word against her's. If Kayleah was pregnant there would still need to be a DNA test on the fetus and Montoya and I don't think that could be done in 24 hours. Not only that - he was ARRESTED on Wednesday. So there would be no time to conduct any DNA testing.

I do admit it is rather perplexing why they waited til Weds to arrest him, but then they made the statement that it is a separate investigation.

I hope that if he has nothing to do with the murder they tell the community quickly - after-all, there would be a monster about.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: May 22, 2010, 08:45:33 AM »

robert montoya has a myspace and his picture shows he has shorter hair. If you google "devil nero robert montoya myspace" it should lead you directly to his myspace site. I looked up robert montoya from greeley colorado and he has at least 5 different myspace websites one from 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010...my question is why does he have so many myspace sites?!

http://www.myspace.com/gamemasta92
www.myspace.com/vampirelestat52
www.myspace.com/111543372
www.myspace.com/281411369
www.myspace.com/322136565

IMO Robert Montoya is a pretty common name.  I saw all of those Myspace accounts and I wouldn't want to say for sure they are all his because the name is so common.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #503 on: May 22, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »

It was unclear whether Montoya had hired an attorney. A home number could not be immediately found.

On Friday, police said they were examining a "mountain of evidence" and developing a list of people to re-interview about the disappearance and death of the 12-year-old.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BODY_FOUND_COLORADO?SITE=AZPHG&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This quote is in chronological order. This makes it APPEAR as if the two case are not connected. The police have Montoya and are still developing a list of people? Not reassuring if you have a 12 year old daughter and you live in Greeley.

From what I have read so far - gleaning between the lines - the police seem to be indicating that Montoya is not involved in the murder. How they would know - I have no idea.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: May 22, 2010, 08:49:03 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100522/NEWS/100529907/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Kayleah's killing leaves community shaken

Mike Peters,
A 12-year-old girl is killed, her body left in an irrigation ditch in Greeley. For many, it means pulling their children a little closer, protecting them a little more.

At the area where Kayleah's body was found — in the 3300 block of 29th Street — the pile of flowers and stuffed animals grew as parents brought their children to try to explain what happened.

“The fact that it could have been a stranger who killed her worries me,” said Cassidy Montes of Greeley. “Until someone is caught, I can't feel safe for my children.”

Holly Brown of Greeley agreed, saying, “Even as an adult, I don't feel good going out by myself at night. It makes you think about what you're doing.”

Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said Friday that police haven't been able to show it was a stranger abduction or whether Kayleah was killed by someone she knew. “But those types of cases are rare in Greeley. The last unsolved missing child case we had was 25 years ago.”

In 1984, 12-year-old Jonelle Matthews of Greeley disappeared from her home. The case has not been solved, and her body was never found.

Kayleah Wilson's boyfriend, Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a child because of his alleged sexual relationship with the girl. The charges are not connected to Kayleah's death. Police said he is considered a “person of interest” in the homicide investigation, but no charges have been filed concerning Kayleah's death.

Talking about Kayleah on Friday, Montes and Brown were also concerned about the Amber Alert and why it wasn't used in Kayleah's case.

Police were notified of her disappearance about 10 p.m. Sunday, March 28.

“We called to have her name put on Amber Alert,” explained Tymkowych. “But it didn't meet the state criteria.”

Part of the problem is the number of runaways. In Greeley last year, there were 224 reported runaways, and there have been 107 so far this year.

At the CBI, spokesman Lance Clem said the number of runaways throughout the state would make the Amber Alert less effective.

“It would mean continuously running Amber Alerts, and that would diminish the impact of the alert,” he said.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #505 on: May 22, 2010, 08:49:19 AM »

robert montoya has a myspace and his picture shows he has shorter hair. If you google "devil nero robert montoya myspace" it should lead you directly to his myspace site. I looked up robert montoya from greeley colorado and he has at least 5 different myspace websites one from 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010...my question is why does he have so many myspace sites?!

http://www.myspace.com/gamemasta92
www.myspace.com/vampirelestat52
www.myspace.com/111543372
www.myspace.com/281411369
www.myspace.com/322136565

IMO Robert Montoya is a pretty common name.  I saw all of those Myspace accounts and I wouldn't want to say for sure they are all his because the name is so common.

I think there were 71 facebook pages with that name. I didn't see his picture connected to any of them. Maybe I missed it or his face was not the image used.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139448&catid=339

Friend: Murdered girl's former boyfriend was 'acting weird'
written by: Jeffrey Wolf  Jace Larson  Kevin Torres

GREELEY - Police have arrested Kayleah Wilson's former boyfriend on charges of sexual assault on a child, but say it is a separate case from the 12-year-old girl's homicide.

Greeley Police arrested 18-year-old Robert Laurencio Montoya on Wednesday night just after 8:30 on charges of sexual assault on a child. Montoya is still in the Weld County Jail in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

"It is a very high bond which indicates again a desire to keep the young man in custody as long as possible," 9NEWS Legal Analyst Scott Robinson said.

He also faces a charge of sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse. That means investigators believe there were at least two occurrences of the abuse.

Montoya appeared in court on Friday morning for a bond hearing and will be back in court on May 25.

He has not been named as a suspect in Kayleah's murder. Investigators say they believe Montoya had a sexual relationship with her.

Court records obtained by 9Wants to Know show investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October of last year.

Kayleah's body was discovered in a Greeley drainage ditch on Wednesday morning. Police say her death is not accidental.

She went missing on March 28 when she left her home for a birthday party but never arrived.

"Just the past couple of months, he [Montoya] was acting really weird," Kalyeah's friend, Shelly Culver, said.

Culver was in a few classes with Montoya. She says he and Kayleah seemed to like each other a lot. Around the time of Kayleah's disappearance, Culver says Montoya's personality changed.

"He e-mailed me on MySpace saying he was having a panic attack. And that he didn't want anything to do with me or anybody," Culver said. "He just said there was a lot going on and he had a lot of problems."

It is unclear what sort of problems Montoya was dealing with and if it was connected to Wednesday night's arrest.

"Getting a suspect in custody is always a priority to any investigators trying to solve a case," Robinson said.

When she was found, investigators say Kayleah had been killed some time ago. Her body was in an advanced state of decomposition so the Weld County Coroner's office had to identify her through dental records.

Investigators say they know how she died, but are not releasing details.

Greeley Police say more officers are now on the case after the discovery of Kayleah's body. Investigators plan to re-interview all individuals and retrace their steps to make sure nothing was missed.

Police say 15 to 17 detectives are working the case daily along with FBI agents. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is conducting all evidence analysis of the body and evidence taken from the area where the body was found.

A local paper, the Greeley Gazette, is working several organizations to help the family.

A local funeral home is also covering all expenses and a car dealership is giving April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, a used car. A restaurant is also donating two days of proceeds to the Wilson family.

9NEWS spoke with April Wilson on Friday afternoon and she says she is touched to see this type of community support.

Greeley Police are still looking for additional tips related to the investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call 970-350-9600. There is a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »

Thanks Klaas, that clarifies it for the moment. LOL

I would guess that the boyfriend or ex-boyfriend would always be a person of suspicion. And in conjunction with all the local pedophiles.

It's hard to know where Kayleah was last seen. Mall or not? and then there were / was the dog(s) that tracked her scent to the curb and then no further. so did she get onto a car or not? I hope the police know.

If she was picked-up at her house maybe she was never at the mall - and that would lead to a call that asking for a ride or someone calling to say he was on the way. Or if she was indeed at the mall - maybe it's a random encounter.

+++

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2010, 09:04:06 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100522/NEWS/100529908/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, of Greeley, is considered a “person of interest” in the case, Tymkowych said, “one of several persons of interest.” He is being held in the Weld County Jail on charges of sexual assault on a child and sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse.

Montoya has been charged with sexual assault on a child in connection with offenses ranging from Jan. 18, 2010, his birthday, to March 28, the day Kayleah went missing.

In his second charge, involving a pattern of abuse, court records indicate offenses against Kayleah from Oct. 1, 2009, to Feb. 28, 2010.

His bond was set on Wednesday, the day Kayleah's body was found, when police prepared the affidavit for his arrest, according to court records.

http://cbs4denver.com/crime/homicide.ditch.greeley.2.1708784.html

CBS4 Investigators have learned police have established that Montoya was in a sexual relationship with Kayleah, involving what they call a pattern of abuse. The charges claim the abuse occured from Oct. 1, 2009 until March 28 of this year.

The one sexual assault on a child is being charged from the day of his 18th birthday, January 18th 2010.

According to these articles, he had sex with her the day she disappeared.

How do police know this? Did he confess? Was there someone who had intimate knowledge of it? Was she pregnant? Was someone keeping track on a blog, internet site, or diary?

As someone said above, the police should have more than the statement of someone who THINKS they were having sex, they need tangible evidence.

If pregnant, they will need a DNA to prove the baby was his... but being in prison while the tests are done keeps him from crossing the border and making it more difficult to find later on, if the tests come back pointing to him.

About Hispanics making a large portion of the RSOs, the demographics someone posted in a previous post showed a 34% Hispanic. Still a disproportionate number of RSOs.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2010, 09:05:19 AM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23635628/detail.html#

This photo, posted on a social media website of April Wilson, shows Robert Montoya playing video games at her apartment.

(snipped)

Behavioral Changes

About a week after Kayleah disappeared, the FBI announced a $20,000 reward for information that would help solve the case.

FBI Agent-In-Charge James Davis released a list of behavioral changes in a person that might point to someone involved in Kayleah's disappearance.

Among those possible changes that might re-manifest themselves now that the body has been found:

# Coming up with an excuse to leave the area unexpectedly for what may sound like a good reason. (work-related, visiting relatives)

# Missing work, calling in sick, asking to change shifts, particularly on days close to the night Kayleah disappeared or after the body was discovered.

# An unexpected or sudden interest in the status of this investigation. Paying close attention to the media, or avoiding participation in any conversations or activities related to this case.

# Minimizing or denying a known acquaintance with Kayleah.

# A recent display of nervousness or irritability.

# A recent increase or decrease in expressing religious beliefs.

# Changes in routine sleep patterns.

# Changes in their ‘usual’ consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.

# Shaving off facial or head hair, or growing a mustache or beard.

# No longer driving, or changing the appearance of his personal or work vehicle for no obvious reason. Leaving it parked in a shed or garage. Covering it, painting it, selling it or reporting it stolen. Giving it away.

Davis said that if an individual exhibits some of these changes, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re involved in some kind of crime, but he wants the public to be aware of the possibility.

Police have also talked to all registered sex offenders in the area but will likely look at previous crimes by sex offenders that may fit the Kayleah Wilson abduction profile -- a younger girl grabbed while walking through a public area.

A tipline is in operation for the public to call police: 970-350-9600.

"We need information, even if seems like something we already know," Garner said. "We encourage people to keep calling us with information and we need everything we can get."

Garner said no one has been ruled out but investigators have nothing that points them to family members.

April Wilson has gone into seclusion as she attempts to cope with the loss of her daughter. A family spokesman said in a statement Friday that April Wilson is grateful for everything from law enforcement to volunteer searchers to the outpouring of community support expressed during the two-month ordeal.

"We all know that Kayleah is in a better place; she will not be forgotten," the statement said.

April Wilson's MySpace page was updated on Thursday. It said, "I love you baby girl. WE miss you but Thank you God (f)or the 12 years we had."
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »

Declaring him a "suspect" will have him lawyered up before they can get any evidence from him, and would avoid the "rush to judgement" thing in future trials.

The $100,000 bail seems mighty high for a sexual assault case.

About Shelley Culver's statement, of she sharing classes with him and he acting "weird" the past couple of months...

"Just the past couple of months, he [Montoya] was acting really weird," Kalyeah's friend, Shelly Culver, said.

Culver was in a few classes with Montoya. She says he and Kayleah seemed to like each other a lot. Around the time of Kayleah's disappearance, Culver says Montoya's personality changed.

"He e-mailed me on MySpace saying he was having a panic attack. And that he didn't want anything to do with me or anybody," Culver said. "He just said there was a lot going on and he had a lot of problems."

The article from http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100522/NEWS/100529908/1051&ParentProfile=1001

says, "Montoya was a student at Greeley West High School from January 2008 to August 2009, but he is not currently enrolled. District 6 officials declined to release other information about him, citing student privacy laws."

So, was he not going to school from August 2009?

About he hanging around the house, I'm going to think the best of the mother and imagine she didn't know they were having sex. Personally, I would've kicked his sorry ass to the curb back in October 2009.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »

I have been looking and just can't find it, I believe it was Kayleah's grandma, though I could be wrong, that made some flippant, at least to me it was, about Kayleah maybe going to a clinic/family planning place, with suggestion that she was pregnant. It bothered me at the time, just wondering if perhaps her grandma knew she could have been pregnant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »

I have been looking and just can't find it, I believe it was Kayleah's grandma, though I could be wrong, that made some flippant, at least to me it was, about Kayleah maybe going to a clinic/family planning place, with suggestion that she was pregnant. It bothered me at the time, just wondering if perhaps her grandma knew she could have been pregnant.

Found this from "a grandmother" not hers:

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=1849

New Fears in Kayleah Wilson Case
Posted by editor@greeleygazette.com • April 5, 2010

information regarding the missing 12 year old Greeley Girl, Kayleah Wilson, has surfaced.  In an e-mail obtained exclusively by the Greeley Gazette from a family friend, a worried Grandmother confesses, “She may be a runaway- but she is only twelve - may be pregnant or think she is & be afraid.”

The girl has been missing since March 28th.  Sources fear the girl may have gone to an abortion clinic and possibly died from it, “I mean, how would anyone know? If she’s pregnant and went to get an abortion and died from complications…it’s happened before.”

Authorities have not commented yet on this new development.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:52:53 AM by klaasend » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2010, 10:12:58 AM »

information regarding the missing 12 year old Greeley Girl, Kayleah Wilson, has surfaced.  In an e-mail obtained exclusively by the Greeley Gazette from a family friend, a worried Grandmother confesses, “She may be a runaway- but she is only twelve - may be pregnant or think she is & be afraid.”

The girl has been missing since March 28th.  Sources fear the girl may have gone to an abortion clinic and possibly died from it, “I mean, how would anyone know? If she’s pregnant and went to get an abortion and died from complications…it’s happened before.”

Thank-you, this was disturbing on several levels. How would anyone know, call me stupid, but if a girl died from an abortion at a clinic, what does this person think, the clinic would just hide the body? 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »

Interesting to note that on this particular MySpace for Devil Nero he adds friend Shelly Culver on May 18th.  Shelly Culver is the friend who is quoted in one of the articles about her communicating with him thru Myspace, this was also the last time he logged in.  Odd they became friends on MySpace days before he is arrested, or maybe not?

http://www.myspace.com/vampirelestat52

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »

i remember in the first 2wks, reading, or video maybe
that a relative, was searching near 10th street,
i thought it odd, because of the distance from the mall
then i checked the RSO, and i think i found 2 RSO,around
there. and that was why they were looking in that area,
but maybe they were looking because of the Pregnancy
possibility

Pregnancy Resource Center‎
1403 10th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631-4723

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=4486240068200657295&q=abortion+clinics+greeley+co&gl=us&hl=en&cd=2&cad=src:pplink,view:text&ei=R-z3S6T0FJGkM_uq-boO

Planned Parenthood: Greeley‎
3487B 10th Street, Greeley, CO 80634

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=5806928529455648730&q=abortion+clinics+greeley+co&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink,view:text&ei=R-z3S6T0FJGkM_uq-boO

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »

Thank-you, this was disturbing on several levels. How would anyone know, call me stupid, but if a girl died from an abortion at a clinic, what does this person think, the clinic would just hide the body? 
Very disturbing, not sure what the laws are regarding a 12 year old even being able to have an abortion but for them to think a clinic would hide a body is crazy IMO.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »

Thanks, so there are two pregnancy places to go, she was only 12, if she was going to a clinic, it is okay without a parent? I should know this stuff, I just don't. IMO Kayleah was pregnant, and this molester was told by her that she was......
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »

Thanks, so there are two pregnancy places to go, she was only 12, if she was going to a clinic, it is okay without a parent? I should know this stuff, I just don't. IMO Kayleah was pregnant, and this molester was told by her that she was......
I am beginning to think the same thing.  Neither of the pregnancy resources had hours on a Sunday.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »

I am beginning to think the same thing.  Neither of the pregnancy resources had hours on a Sunday.
I'm sure they wouldn't be open on a Sunday. This is just so awful, and IF Kayleah was pregnant how scared she must have been 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.