March 18, 2024, 09:29:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365049 times)
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #600 on: May 23, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »

nvm, maybe her mom doesn't drink. I think that maybe Robert or his friends drink, I wonder what he does in his spare time, like maybe going to college or looking for a job. I wonder what is going on in his family.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #601 on: May 23, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »

nvm, maybe her mom doesn't drink. I think that maybe Robert or his friends drink, I wonder what he does in his spare time, like maybe going to college or looking for a job. I wonder what is going on in his family.
All good questions, don't know any of the answers. I think mom was just trying too hard to be a friend, imo.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: May 23, 2010, 02:54:05 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/NEWS/100529843/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Kayleah's death is forcing a fresh look at safety for tweens

Chris Casey,
Kaylee Beckman, a 12-year-old who lives close to where Kayleah Wilson's body was found, said she used to walk places on her own, “but I haven't since March.”

Kaylee and other pre-teens and teenagers interviewed at the Greeley Mall on Saturday say they are taking extra safety precautions in light of what happened to Kayleah, a 12-year-old Brentwood Middle School student. They say they aren't scared to go out, but are careful to make sure they are always with someone they know.

Kayleah went missing on March 28, after she left her home in the 2800 block of 28th Street to walk to a friend's birthday party near the Greeley Mall. Her body was found Wednesday in an irrigation ditch about two miles west of the mall.

“I'm not going to go out alone anymore,” said Kaylee, as she and her friend Sloane Watson stood near a snack counter.

Sloane, 14, lives in Nebraska, but was in Greeley visiting her father. She was aware of the Kayleah case.

“I feel more comfortable and safe with a friend,” Sloane said. “I normally try to stay with a group, not try to single myself out.”

Farther down the mall concourse, a group of three teenage friends chatted. Although they are from Fort Morgan, all three middle-school girls had heard about Kayleah.

“Technically, it's just not a good thing to walk by yourself,” said Jodie Guerrero.

Raven Krehmer, 13, said she is careful about who she gives her cell phone number to. If she's not out with friends, “I always have my dad with me. If I go somewhere, my dad's with me.”

Destiny Kalinowski, 15, agreed with her friends' precautions, adding, “There's sex offenders everywhere, and you have no idea where.”

At the bus stop on the west side of the mall, Raina Alaniz, 21, sat with her cousins Christiena Conchas, 10, and Juan Conchas, 9. Christiena said her parents don't let her go out unless she's with an adult, as she gestured to Alaniz.

“You never know, it could happen to little boys and all that,” Alaniz said.

Back inside the mall, Sloane summed up what's going through the minds of many in the wake of Kayleah's death.

“Once you see what's happened to other people, you see what dangers there are around,” she said.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: May 23, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139540&catid=339

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Memorial service planned for Kayleah
posted by Dan Boniface     3 hrs ago

GREELEY - A spokesman for the Wilson family says a memorial service has been scheduled to remember the short life of a 12-year-old girl found dead last week.
Advertisement

Kayleah Wilson's body was found Wednesday morning in a drainage ditch in Greeley. She disappeared on March 28 when she left her house for a birthday party, but never arrived. Greeley Police have said her death was not accidental.

A memorial service for Kayleah is planned to take place at 2 p.m. on Tuesday at the Clarion Hotel, located at 701 8th St. in Greeley. The service will be held on the second floor.

Police announced last week they arrested Kayleah's former boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Montoya, Wednesday night on charges of sexual assault on a child.

Court documents indicate the two had a sexual relationship as far back as October. A family spokesperson says it was a relationship Kayleah's mother tried to end.

Saturday, a spokesperson for April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, released a statement about the arrest: "Mrs. Wilson is very clear that she 'did not know she was involved with the young man, and when she did find out about the relationship, she quickly ended the relationship.'"

Police have not named Montoya as a suspect in Kayleah's murder and say his arrest is a separate case from the homicide investigation.

He is being held on a $100,000 bond and will appear in court again on May 25.

Greeley Police are still looking for additional tips related to Kayleah's homicide investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call 970-350-9600. There is a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: May 23, 2010, 09:15:45 PM »

I'm really wondering if Montoya killed her. It's looking like someone else did it to me. And that's because of the police's wishy washy statements. I DO understand that the police need to protect the integrity of the investigation, but he has or will have an attorney for his initial charges. So, it's logical that the attorney would be representing him in any further case involving murder.

After-all, he's in jail. And if he did it the police would say how she was killed. They are not releasing that and that leads me to believe it is because the killer could still be lurking around and the method would be only known to him and the police. He (Montoya) would know and the police would not need to keep that under wraps.

He can lawyer up all he wants. It's a constitutional right. And he doesn't have to say anything. He can, however, cooperate, but it can not be compelled. By not charging him, or reading him his Miranda rights - nothing could be used in court anyway.

Even if he confessed and the proper steps were not followed - it would probably, most likely, be thrown out.

So, if he really is a suspect - or a POI, the police need to make that known to him through his constitutional rights.

(I'm really wondering if Montoya killed her. It's looking like someone else did it to me.) That is what I have been thinking also...

(Edit-Fix quote.  MB)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:35:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: May 23, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »

Sorry ,got caught in the quote somehow....

(I'm really wondering if Montoya killed her. It's looking like someone else did it to me.) That is what I have been thinking also...

(Fixed.  Sometimes I mess up the quotes too    )
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:36:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
help4kayleah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #606 on: May 23, 2010, 11:26:12 PM »

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=2853

Memorial services Tuesday, looks like they are doing positive things to help the family
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: May 23, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »

Memorial services Tuesday, looks like they are doing positive things to help the family

Thank you for bringing the link, help4kayleah.  I hope Kayleah can be laid to rest in peace and the person/persons responsible for harming her are found and brought to justice.   an angelic monkey  Welcome to Scared Monkeys help4kayleah.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: May 23, 2010, 11:31:46 PM »

Welcome Help4kayleah!

Nice picture of Kayleah at the link you provided

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: May 24, 2010, 01:50:23 AM »

Nite, nite Monkey friends...I just have to chime in before bed that I think Robert must have admitted to a sexual relationship with Kayleah and the charges they are pressing are for the times he's said he had sex with her beginning in Oct., 2009 until 3/2010.  If LE had known about this in Oct. they would've arrested him then. I highly doubt that her Mom didn't suspect anything but kids now a days hide far too much from their parents.  And they are very clever. (Re: Columbine, suicide pact friends, etc.)  Parents see what they want to see and her Mom seems as if she turned a blind eye to lots of things.  I'm proud to say I'm a nosey Mom with a very respectful young man who loves being with his Mom and Dad.  God give me strength when things change!  lol
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: May 24, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »

this case is very disturbing..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: May 25, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100525/NEWS/100529794/1002&parentprofile=1001
Remembering Kayleah Wilson at memorial service today
Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love and hope. In the uncertain times following the discovery of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson's body, Pastor Arron Chambers of Journey Christian Church knows that the community needs to hold on to the things that are certain.

“Kayleah was a very loving person and the love of this community has come through,” Chambers said. “We need to pray for her family and pray for justice, that the FBI and the police will be able to find whoever did this.”

Chambers will preside over Kayleah's public memorial service at 2 p.m. today at the Plaza Hotel and Conference Ballroom, where the public will get a chance to pay its respects and reflect on the story that has gripped an entire community.

Kayleah went missing on March 28 when she left her home alone and on foot to attend a friend's birthday party near the Greeley Mall, sparking an intense two-week search for the missing sixth-grader.

On Wednesday morning a body was found in an irrigation ditch about a half-mile from Wilson's home, and on Thursday officials said dental records confirmed the body was Kayleah's.

No arrests have been made in the homicide case, but Kayleah's boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Laurencio Montoya, has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault of a child and sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse in connection with his alleged relationship with the girl.

Wilson's death has hit close to home for Greeley residents, with many people shocked that something like this could happen in their midst. Chambers said he will be talking today about coming together to overcome the fear and uncertainty that has fallen over the community in the wake of such a traumatizing event.

“We need to keep pulling together as a community,” Chambers said. “This should remind us that we need to cherish our family and our kids. But we cannot let fear take over us. This is still a great place to live, and we can't let one incident change that.

“There are good people who are working on this, trying to keep us safe and bring the people who did this to justice.”

In addition to Chambers, several other members of the community close to Kayleah and her family will be speaking at the service. Chambers said the family is especially grateful to the community for all of its support and that they want this memorial service to be a celebration of Kayleah's life.

“To many people, she's just a picture on TV or in the paper,” Chambers said. “(Today) we want people to see the sweet little girl behind the picture who loved her family and her community and loved God.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #612 on: May 25, 2010, 10:56:33 AM »

Thank-you  an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: May 25, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139647&catid=339

Man faces judge on
charge of sex with
missing girl

posted by Dan Boniface     1 hr ago

GREELEY (AP) - An 18-year-old Colorado man
arrested for allegedly having sex with a girl missing
for seven weeks is due in court for a bond hearing
Tuesday morning.

Robert Laurencio Montoya faces felony charges
including sexual assault for allegedly having an
ongoing sexual relationship with 12-year-old
Kayleah Wilson. He is being held on $100,000 bail.

Police say Montoya is not a suspect in the
disappearance and death of Kayleah, who was last
seen March 28. Kayleah's body was recovered
Wednesday from an irrigation ditch about a half-
mile from her house.

In a statement, Kayleah's mother says she had
stopped the relationship in February when the
mother learned about it.

Kayleah's family planned a public memorial Tuesday
afternoon.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #614 on: May 25, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »

GREELEY, Colo. — An 18-year-old Colorado man accused of having sex with a girl who has since been found dead in an irrigation ditch is due back in court next month.
snipped...
Montoya appeared in court wearing a prison jumpsuit. A judge delayed the bond reduction hearing to June 15.
http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20100525/NEWS/100529785/1078&ParentProfile=1062

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: May 25, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »

GREELEY, Colo. — An 18-year-old Colorado man accused of having sex with a girl who has since been found dead in an irrigation ditch is due back in court next month.
snipped...
Montoya appeared in court wearing a prison jumpsuit. A judge delayed the bond reduction hearing to June 15.
http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20100525/NEWS/100529785/1078&ParentProfile=1062

IMO they are wanting him to confess
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: May 26, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »

snipped...

IMO they are wanting him to confess

and forensic evidence

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: May 26, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

Ex-boyfriend of slain Greeley girl reportedly told friends of pregnancy
May 26, 2010

Comments(4)
GREELEY - The former boyfriend of a 12-year-old girl whose body was found in a Greeley drainage ditch last week told friends he thought the girl he is accused of sexually assaulting may be pregnant, according to an arrest affidavit.

Kayleah Wilson's body was found last week after she went missing on March 28 as she walked to a friend's birthday party. Police say her death was not accidental.

That same day, Greeley Police arrested 18-year-old Robert Montoya on charges of sexual assault on a child. In his arrest affidavit, he admits to having sex with an underage girl and told friends she was possibly pregnant.

The arrest affidavit makes it clear why he is charged with sexual assault. In the affidavit, names are blacked out.

The affidavit says Montoya moved in with his girlfriend and her mother in October 2009. Montoya and his sister had to move out of their home because Montoya's mother wanted to begin a relationship with a registered sex offender, Jonas Garcia, and Garcia was not allowed to be around children, according to the affidavit.

The mother of the alleged victim told police she assumed Montoya and her daughter were good friends at first, but that she began to see signs of a physical relationship between the two of them in December.

According to court records, one of the dates of sexual contact between Montoya and Kayleah was in December.

Police say Montoya also claimed that during sex, the alleged victim wanted him to physically abuse her, but he did not.

The mother of the alleged victim told police she confronted Montoya and he admitted he and her daughter had been having sex and they considered themselves boyfriend and girlfriend, according to the affidavit.

When the mother of the alleged victim confronted Montoya, she told him to leave their house.

The affidavit says the alleged victim was very angry initially, but then stopped talking about the relationship.

According to the affidavit, Montoya admitted he tried to see the alleged victim without her mother knowing several times.

The affidavit says she caught them at an abandoned car dealership in February.

Later, the affidavit says he would even hide in the bushes outside her home went to her school.

When the alleged victim caught him doing that, she called him a "stalker freak" and told him to leave her alone, according to the affidavit.

Montoya faces felony charges including sexual assault for allegedly having sex with Kayleah. He is in jail, being held on $10,000 bail.

9NEWS spoke with Montoya's family, but they had no comment.

He is not charged in Kayleah's murder and police have not named him a suspect in that investigation.

Greeley Police are still looking for additional tips related to Kayleah's homicide investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call 970-350-9600. There is a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100526/UPDATES01/100526029/Ex-boyfriend-of-slain-Greeley-girl-reportedly-told-friends-of-pregnancy

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: May 26, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:44:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #619 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:39 PM »

After Montoya was asked to leave Kayleah's mothers house, where did he go to live? Did he go back to his mom's house and how well did he get along with the mothers sex offender boyfriend. Did Montoya talk to this sex offender about his relationship with the Kayleah?
If the sex offender boyfriend saw this as a problem for Montoya he may have decided to take care of the problem.
 What did Kayleah's mother tell her about this boy to make her stop seeing him and start calling him a stalker? Usually young girls are very much in love and would seek the attention of those private moments.

If  Kayleah's mother let Montoya live with them, who else did she let live with them? We are missing some puzzle pieces here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.