April 19, 2024, 10:32:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 366445 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #640 on: May 27, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »

If kayleah's mother did not have a job and was on government assistants, how could she afford another mouth to feed. Was the mom letting her son and his girlfriend sleep together. Could that be where the ruff sex idea came from? Did kayleah's brother know his friend was having sex with his sister? Why did he not tell his mother? It just sounds strange to me that a mother who does not work. Is home most hours of the day and night, does not know where  her children are sleeping. Especially a small apartment. When she wakes up in the morning to get the kids up for school she would see where they were.

Also if her mother knew she was having sex with this boy, why did she not take her to a clinic for a pregnancy test. Would she loose her government assistants if they found out the girl was pregnant? Or even do a home pregnancy test to determine if she was pregnant. How concerned was her mother. If she suspected something romantic back in December, surely she would have suspected the sex was more than a one time deal.

I'm also still stuck on what the grandmother said way back at the begining, about going to an abortion clinic. It must have been discussed and what they would do if she was pregnant. Has the family been cleared as suspects?
You and me both, I've been stuck on that abortion clinic statement from the moment I heard it.  How can you not know what is all going on in a small apartment? Of course you know what is going on, how could you not?
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: May 27, 2010, 01:31:12 PM »

If kayleah's mother did not have a job and was on government assistants, how could she afford another mouth to feed. Was the mom letting her son and his girlfriend sleep together. Could that be where the ruff sex idea came from? Did kayleah's brother know his friend was having sex with his sister? Why did he not tell his mother? It just sounds strange to me that a mother who does not work. Is home most hours of the day and night, does not know where  her children are sleeping. Especially a small apartment. When she wakes up in the morning to get the kids up for school she would see where they were.

Also if her mother knew she was having sex with this boy, why did she not take her to a clinic for a pregnancy test. Would she loose her government assistants if they found out the girl was pregnant? Or even do a home pregnancy test to determine if she was pregnant. How concerned was her mother. If she suspected something romantic back in December, surely she would have suspected the sex was more than a one time deal.

I'm also still stuck on what the grandmother said way back at the begining, about going to an abortion clinic. It must have been discussed and what they would do if she was pregnant. Has the family been cleared as suspects?
You and me both, I've been stuck on that abortion clinic statement from the moment I heard it.  How can you not know what is all going on in a small apartment? Of course you know what is going on, how could you not?

This will sound crazy...what if the boyfriend attempted to do an abortion...and Kayleah died as the result

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #642 on: May 27, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »

This will sound crazy...what if the boyfriend attempted to do an abortion...and Kayleah died as the result
You could certainly be right. My thoughts, I think there was a fight with the both of them, and as a result Kayleah died, or he raped Kaleah, and for her not to talk he killed her. IMO, because I know there has been nobody arrested for the murder.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #643 on: May 27, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »

That question has been begging to be answered IMO.  I can't believe a mother would not notice what was going on.  I also have to ask that if Kayleah was feeling stalked by this guy, did she tell her mother, did April know about it?  If so then why in the world would she let Kayleah WALK to a birthday party alone?  I would have never let my daughter out of my sight if that kind of stuff was going on. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »

I agree with all that you said!  Just want to say, from what I recall earlier on, there was that comment by *A* grandmother somewhere on the net, but it wasn't made by Kayleah's grandmother.  IIRC.  I could be wrong, just remember it being pointed out by someone else before, yet perhaps not read by everyone. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »

Am guessing that with all the questions we've come up with here, could be one reason Kayleah's mother has chosen to be quietly in the background with a spokesperson.  Likely she realized these type of questions would be asked by the public and likely doesn't want to hash them out.  Bet there's more that will come along, as we learn more facts in this case. 

And if all that and more is true, I wouldn't want to be the mom for all the money in the world.  Also if true, the mom may have thought at the time she was doing the right thing.  Betting she realizes now how far off the mark she was.  Hindsight and all.  NOT trying to take up for her now.  Cuz if the info is true, I'd like to take a baseball bat (not literally) to the mom for what doesn't seem to have been done on Kayleah's behalf.  Am just hoping beyond hope that she realizes now what seems to have been needed to do then. 

Not that it does Kayleah any dayum good now tho, no matter what.  If what we've come up with is true, and the mom is found to have been less responsible than what most would feel right to have done on Kayleah's behalf, then I sure hope that she is charged to the fullest extent of the law... along with whoever actually killed Kayleah.  Any govt agency and judge/s who knew and did nothing as well.  IMO, Justice for Kayleah begins with bringing ALL who are responsible in any way, to the fullest measure of consequences. 

Kinda hoping that Kayleah's mom is just as confuzzled by it all as she appears to be.  But gosh, how naive to hope for that.  There IS evil in the world.  And there ARE evil moms in the world.  Even those who 'just didn't think' first. 

Hope that made sense. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: May 28, 2010, 05:10:23 PM »

ProfilerPatB

I will be talking about Kayleah Wilson on Nancy Grace at 8 PM EST. http://bit.ly/ciW5yB 29 minutes ago via Facebook

http://twitter.com/ProfilerPatB

Heart
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »

As usual, she is a little late with her Bombshell.....

NANCY GRACE

Body Identified as Missing 12-Year-Old Colorado Girl

Aired May 28, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight. Live, Colorado. A 12- year-old little girl tells her mommy, I love you, and heads to a little friend`s birthday party just eight blocks away. She never makes it.

Bombshell tonight. A tip leads Colorado police to a flooded irrigation ditch just one mile from the missing girl`s home. Has the body of 12-year-old missing girl Kayleah been discovered?
Read tranny here:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/28/ng.01.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:15 AM »

After watching Nancy Grace last night I get the impression that police have no evidence tying anyone to the death of Kayleah. Montoya is only a person of interest. The evidence they do have must not be enough.  I'm guessing they have charged him with rape in hopes that he will give up what he knows.  If he was questioned in the beginning how cooperative was he with information? How cooperative is he now? When was the exact last time that he saw Kayleah? Who did he speak with about the relationship in the last six weeks? Are there any other persons of interest besides Montoya?

How she died must be the only clue they have into who may have done the crime. Her body was dumped, have they found the actual crime scene? If she was naked did they fined any of her clothing? Since she was found so close to home, could this mean the perp does not have a vehicle? If that were the case the crime scene would not be that far from the dump site. We know they met at an abandon car lot. If they thought of themselves as a couple, they would have told there friends they were in love.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2010, 11:36:02 AM »

The ditch flows towards the East, so one certain thing here is that the body was dumped West of where it was found - how far West is the question.

Remembering that the ditch goes underground at 47th street and comes out at 35th, just about where she was found, one would thing she was dumped somewhere West of 47th.

The area where she was found was searched twice during the first few days of her disappearance, and nothing was found, so one would think she was dumped very close to the 47th street portion before the ditch goes underground.

This is my reasoning, only, of course.

I wonder if the car dealership where her mother caught them in February was examined for forensic evidence.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: May 29, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23669408/detail.html
Hundreds Mourn Kayleah Wilson
Body Cremated; Boyfriend Appears In Bond Hearing

Posted May 25, 2010, Updated May 26, 2010

GREELEY, Colo. -- A grieving community came together Tuesday in Greeley to remember a 12-year-old girl whose body was found last week.

A memorial service for Kayleah Wilson was held Tuesday afternoon at the Plaza Hotel in downtown Greeley.

The public was invited to the service and about 400 attended. (April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, had initially invited the media into the service to videotape the memorial, but changed her mind Tuesday morning, thus preventing livestreaming of the memorial service.
Family members spoke during the service, which was the first time they have spoken since Kayleah's body was found in a Greeley ditch a half-mile from her home.

"Thank you for keeping her name out there. She's safe now," April Wilson said.

“Some things in life don't make sense. Kayleah should be hanging out now. She should be laughing. She should be listening to CelticThunder on her iPod," said pastor Aaron Chambers. "Some things just don't make sense.”

7NEWS confirmed that Kayleah's body was cremated. Arrangements were handled by the Stoddard Funeral Home.

Kayleah disappeared nearly two months ago while on her way to a friend's birthday party.

Her death has been ruled a homicide.

Ex-Boyfriend Waives Bond Hearing In Court

While no one has been arrested in that case, her 18-year-old ex-boyfriend has been accused of sexually assaulting her.

Robert Laurencio Montoya appeared in court Tuesday in handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit. His public defender waived his right to a bond hearing, so his $100,000 bond was not reduced. However, his attorney can ask for another bond reduction hearing at a later date.

Montoya is charged with having a sexual relationship with an underage girl.

Greeley police said Montoya is one of several persons of interest in the homicide investigation but he has not charged in connection to her death.

In a statement, Kayleah's mother aid she stopped the relationship in February when she learned about it. She had rejected any reduction in Montoya's bond but did not appear in court Tuesday.

Montoya's next court appearance is June 15 at 2 p.m.
SEND CARDS

Kayleah Wilson Recovery Center
      P.O. BOX 200376 Evans, CO 80620

MEMORIAL FUND

Checks to:
      Kayleah Wilson Recovery Fund
      4548 Center Place Dr.
      Greeley, CO 80634

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: May 29, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:46:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: May 29, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/articles/2010/05/29/news/state_and_region/doc4bfc71629888c937747137.txt
Kayleah Wilson remembered in tearful service
May 28, 2010

TEARFUL GOODBYE A candle burns at the memorial service for 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson on Tuesday May 25, 2010 at the Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in Greeley, Colo. The missing girl's body was found in a irrigation ditch last week. (AP Photo/The Daily Tribune, Eric Bellamy)

GREELEY | A 12-year-old girl missing for seven weeks before she was found dead near her home was remembered as a girl who loved to laugh and dreamed of becoming a veterinarian and visiting Ireland.

Tuesday’s memorial for Kayleah Wilson drew about 400 mourners. The girl’s mother, April Wilson, thanked neighbors and complete strangers who came to Greeley to help search after Kayleah vanished March 28 on her way to a friend’s birthday party.

Wilson’s body was found last week in an irrigation ditch about a half-mile from her house. Homicide is suspected, but no one has been charged, police said.

April Wilson fought tears and said Kayleah “will be missed and loved.”

“She’s safe,” her mother said.

An 18-year-old man has been charged with having a sexual relationship with Kayleah from January until March 28, the day she disappeared, according to court documents. Robert Laurencio Montoya appeared in court in the morning and his attorney waived a bond reduction hearing. Montoya’s next court date is June 15.

A woman who spoke through a door at an address listed for Montoya declined to comment, as did Montoya’s public defender, Kevin Strobel.

Montoya’s case is “separate and distinct” from the homicide investigation, police said.

Kayleah was also remembered as a girl who enjoyed plants and flowers, jewelry making, drawing and making bath salts with her mother. She also enjoyed Celtic music and had a favorite band, Celtic Thunder, that inspired her to someday visit Ireland. She also was slightly deaf and knew some sign language, including the symbol for love, which Kayleah would sometimes flash at her mother, said Journey Christian Church Pastor Arron Chambers.

He also shared a poem that Kayleah wrote and framed for her mother in which she describes a little girl with no food. Kayleah wrote that when she asked God what he was going to do about it, the answer was “I made you.”

“Kayleah believed that God made her to help people and to bring hope to their lives,” Chambers said, adding that hope is what fueled the community to spend hours, days and weeks searching for Kayleah.

“She was more than the cute girl you see on TV and the flyers on the street,” he said.

Chambers also tried to reassure mourners that Kayleah’s killer would be found. “The person who took her life will face justice. We’re all hoping it happens soon,” he said. But Chambers also pointed to a button that Kayleah wore on her favorite hat with the saying: “No place for hate.”

Kayleah was a sixth-grader at Brentwood Middle School a few blocks from her home. Several of her schoolmates attended the service.

“When she came up to me at school she told me how excited she was that it was almost summer,” said Cheyenne Parmer, 14.

Pink, silver and black balloons framed a projection screen where mourners saw pictures of Kayleah at various events — the beach, a birthday party, a Christmas from some years ago, and also pictures that have become familiar in the past weeks — her school picture that was used on a missing person flyer and another where she’s wearing oven mitts.

Meanwhile, Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, who attended the service, said investigators were reviewing their missing person investigation and looking at a range of individuals who had the time and opportunity to kill Kayleah.

“It’s scary how there’s somebody still out there and how it happen to somebody else,” said Cassandra Mathias, 14, another of Kayleah’s schoolmates.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: May 29, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100529/NEWS/100529656/1002&parentprofile=1001
Local funds help crime victims' families
Kayleah's death prompts donations
May 29, 2010

Kayleah Wilson's death prompted an outpouring of community grief and compassion, as well as numerous donations to her family and other assistance funds.

One business, Culver's of Greeley, will donate all of its profits on Sunday and Monday to the Kayleah Wilson Memorial Fund. Owner Joe Gibbons said it was something he just had to do.

“It just grew legs of its own,” said Gibbons by telephone from Des Moines, Iowa, where he lives and owns three other Culver's. “We had a tragic event here two or three years ago where we did this. I've seen how this type of tragedy is so hard on family and friends. We kind of did it on a whim then, and the community there just reached out and really helped.”

Gibbons is one of many who have stepped forward to help the Wilson family after the 12-year-old disappeared on March 28. Her body was found last week.

The Greeley West High School Student Council and senior class donated $4,000 to the family. Channel 9News reported a local funeral home donated funeral services, and a local car dealer gave the family a used vehicle.

April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, could not be reached for comment Friday, but she has said she is thankful for all the community support. A woman who answered the phone at Wilson's home, but did not identify herself, said Wilson was planning to thank everyone publicly in the next couple of weeks.

Not all crime victims are involved in cases that attract so much high-level attention, but victims can still find help when they need it.

The Tribune has a community crisis fund that is used in myriad ways when Weld residents need assistance, and donations continue to pour in.

The district attorney's office helps crime victims through the Weld County Crime Victim's Fund, which is funded through court fees and restitution. In 2009, the fund paid more than $625,000 in assistance to victims of crimes ranging from broken windows to murder.

Assistant District Attorney Michael Rourke said his office wants people to know that victims will never go without help, even when additional fundraising efforts are absent.

“The generosity and kindness of our community in response to a family tragedy is consistently amazing,” Rourke said. “The District Attorney's Office wants our communities to be aware that such victims and families do have resources available to assist them during these difficult times.”

The Wilson family is working with the district attorney's office to access any funds they might qualify for, said Jennifer Finch, community relations director for the office.

Gibbons said it takes many resources to get families through a tragedy, and he's happy he was able to help.

“We thought we'd go ahead and do it here, too, just hoping we can do something nice for this family,” Gibbons said.

Weld County Crime Victim's Fund
The Weld County Crime Victim's Fund can compensate victims even if the suspect is never identified.

The fund, operated out of the District Attorney's office, helps pay for everything from medical or mental health bills and funeral costs to lost wages and the replacement of doors, locks or windows damaged during the commission of a crime.

In 2009, the fund paid more than $625,000 in assistance. It is supported through fines and penalties collected from those convicted of crimes. No tax money is used.

There are limits on the amount of help a person can get. In Weld, funerals are limited to $5,000, while medical expenses can total $20,000. The state limits total compensation to $20,000.

“The Crime Victim Compensation Program can be an invaluable resource to victims of crime or families of victims of crime at very difficult points in their lives,” Assistant District Attorney Michael Rourke said. “Particularly with those victims or families who are struggling financially, or are not otherwise able to shoulder the financial burden of unexpected criminal conduct, the program enables such funeral arrangements or other expenses to be covered and to ease that burden.”

Applying for funds
To receive funding, victims must complete and submit an application, along with documentation of the requested expenses, to the Crime Victim Compensation Fund. In emergencies, compensation may be awarded within 72 hours.

Applications are reviewed by a three-member board of Weld residents appointed by the district attorney. Members serve a three-year term and may be re-appointed. Anyone living in Weld County can apply to be a board member.

Fundraiser
Culver's will donate 100 percent of its profits on Sunday and Monday. The business is at 3502 29th St. Its hours are 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m.

help4kayleah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #654 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:36 AM »

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=3039

Sounds like April will be at today's fundraiser. Culver's is donating all of it's profits from yesterday and today.
'
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: May 31, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »

Not making any excuses for Mom but it is entirely possible that Kayleah was able to hide her relationship with Robert.  I do agree Mom knew way before she is admitting but I don't see her actually condoning a sexual relationship under her roof at the age of 12.  I think Mom was trying to be a friend to everyone and party with them a little too much that there wasn't much parenting going on.  Contradicted myself just a bit but Robert probably thought if someone knew about them he would get kicked out.  Then he would have no where to go.  Not even his Mom and her pedo boyfriend would take him back. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: May 31, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »

http://cbs4denver.com/news/Kayleah.Wilson.benefit.2.1723966.html
Restaurant Donates All Profits To Kayleah's Family
May 30, 2010

The sign at Culver's in Greeley
CBS

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »

Kayleah Wilson's mom thanks community

Adam Chodak     

GREELEY - The mother of Kayleah Wilson, April Wilson, offered words of appreciation Tuesday to the community who helped look for her daughter.
Advertisement

"I just want to say thank you to everybody that's helped, even before this with the searches and the volunteers opening up their doors for us ... and after the horrible news," Wilson said.

She spoke at a fundraiser at Culver's restaurant in Greeley. Culver's raised money for the Wilson family over the weekend. The restaurant gave all profits made on Sunday and Monday to the Kayleah Wilson Memorial Fund. The Greeley Gazette and Pirate radio 104.7 helped organize the event.

Kayleah Wilson, 12, went missing on March 28 after she left her home to walk to friend's house.

Her body was found in an irrigation ditch on May 19. The body was later identified as that of Kayleah. The coroner called the death a homicide.

Wilson says the loss is just now setting in.

"I had family come in for the services from out of state and they're all going home now," she said.

Still, she says she's coping.

"Just taking one day at a time, that's all I can do and I have to be a mom, I still have two other kids," she said.

The day Kayleah's body was found, police arrested her former boyfriend, Robert Montoya, 18, and accused him of having a sexual relationship with the young girl.

He has not been named a suspect in her murder.

Wilson did not want to talk about the case for fear of jeopardizing the investigation. Instead, she focused on thanking the community and remembering her daughter.

"She was awesome in every way," she said. "She was my only baby girl."

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=140086

Heart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=140086&catid=339
(video)
Kayleah Wilson's mom thanks community
May 31, 2010
GREELEY - The mother of Kayleah Wilson, April Wilson, offered words of appreciation Tuesday to the community who helped look for her daughter.

"I just want to say thank you to everybody that's helped, even before this with the searches and the volunteers opening up their doors for us ... and after the horrible news," Wilson said.

She spoke at a fundraiser at Culver's restaurant in Greeley. Culver's raised money for the Wilson family over the weekend. The restaurant gave all profits made on Sunday and Monday to the Kayleah Wilson Memorial Fund. The Greeley Gazette and Pirate radio 104.7 helped organize the event.

Kayleah Wilson, 12, went missing on March 28 after she left her home to walk to friend's house.

Her body was found in an irrigation ditch on May 19. The body was later identified as that of Kayleah. The coroner called the death a homicide.

Wilson says the loss is just now setting in.

"I had family come in for the services from out of state and they're all going home now," she said.

Still, she says she's coping.

"Just taking one day at a time, that's all I can do and I have to be a mom, I still have two other kids," she said.

The day Kayleah's body was found, police arrested her former boyfriend, Robert Montoya, 18, and accused him of having a sexual relationship with the young girl.

He has not been named a suspect in her murder.

Wilson did not want to talk about the case for fear of jeopardizing the investigation. Instead, she focused on thanking the community and remembering her daughter.

"She was awesome in every way," she said. "She was my only baby girl."

Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #659 on: June 03, 2010, 11:01:04 AM »

I have a few questions: I thought that April only had 2 kids, where has the
other son been. I wonder why the dogs could only track Kayleah to the end
of the front walk? Did she not walk that way or a car picked her up? Also
it seems odd that the dogs missed her twice in the drainage ditch??? Also
did April have a boyfriend? Why was Kayleah in foster care? It seems like
Montoya has been charged with sexual offences but not the murder, is that
because he didn't do it or they can't prove it??? I've got some awful thoughts
rolling around my mind and I hope I'm wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.