March 28, 2024, 01:44:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayleah Wilson Disappeared Sun. 3/28/10, Greeley, CO (BODY FOUND)  (Read 365421 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2010, 06:01:08 PM »

Body is Kayleah.  Death does not appear to be accidental in nature.  Homicide investigation. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »

Body is Kayleah.  Death does not appear to be accidental in nature.  Homicide investigation. 

ID through dental records
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »

They have recovered some items of evidence but cannot disclose what evidence it is.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: May 20, 2010, 06:10:12 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread up to the Missing found Deceased area.

RIP Kayleah
  an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: May 20, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »

I am so very sorry this happened to you, so sorry. The world is a mean place at times, but for you, now you are safe, never to be hurt again. RIP Kayleah,  an angelic monkey

Prayers of comfort and support are being sent to her family and friends.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #425 on: May 20, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread up to the Missing found Deceased area.

RIP Kayleah
  an angelic monkey
Thank-you
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: May 20, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »

Info that I gathered from the presser:

1. LE may have some type of evidence.
2. LE is looking at a variety of people.
3. LE will reinterview some individuals previously interviewed.
4. Area was searched twice, but do not know if anyone looked down into the ditch.
5. Dogs were used in search.
6. Regarding tips, there has not been a eureka moment.
7. Video of parking lot is not good enough to confirm that an individual was Kayleah in the parking lot.

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »

4. Area was searched twice, but do not know if anyone looked down into the ditch.
7. Video of parking lot is not good enough to confirm that an individual was Kayleah in the parking lot.
Thank-you, I was wondering about the older ex boyfriend. And didn't Kayleah carry an asthma inhaler?
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2010, 06:29:23 PM »

Thank-you, I was wondering about the older ex boyfriend. And didn't Kayleah carry an asthma inhaler?

Yes, Kayleah did nrcg!

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »

REST IN PEACE

an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »

Yes, Kayleah did nrcg!
Probably be almost impossible if that was found. 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »

Yes, Kayleah did nrcg!

Especially with the body being naked.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »

Yes, Kayleah did nrcg!
I'm wondering if the body was placed there after the searches.

Heart
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »

This is so terrible - for her, for her family and for the community. To think that a monster that kills little girls on the way to birthday parties is almost beyond comprehension. Sadly, there is a good chance that this is not the animal's first crime nor will it be his last until he is either locked up forever or until he is dead. If this were my kid, I think I could make the second of these happen and never feel bad about it. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: May 20, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »

Official: Body found is 12-year-old Colo. girl

By P. SOLOMON BANDA (AP) – 35 minutes ago

GREELEY, Colo. — A body recovered from an irrigation ditch in northern Colorado has been identified as that of a 12-year-old girl missing since March, a law enforcement official said.

Kayleah Wilson of Greeley was last seen walking to a friend's house for a birthday party.

The law enforcement official spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak about the investigation. Police in Greeley, about 60 miles north of Denver, planned a news conference later Thursday to make the announcement, the official said.

On Wednesday, police retrieved a decomposed body from an irrigation ditch about a half-mile from the home of the missing sixth-grader. A worker checking the ditch for problems after heavy rain found the body in about 3 feet of water, said Sgt. Joe Tymkovich.

Kayleah's mysterious disappearance spawned repeated searches in parts of Greeley by local police, area residents and the FBI. Officials have refused to say whether they suspected foul play.

About 150 people gathered at the ditch where the body was found Wednesday evening, many of them carrying candles and teddy bears.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gn8IXcjcb6_Ima2NNrCSsomdjCUgD9FQR57G0

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner announces the body found yesterday morning in a irrigation ditch in west Greeley was indeed that of missing girl Kayleah Wilson while at a press conference at the Greeley Police Station on Thursday.

JIM RYDBOM/jrydbom@greeleytribune.com

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »

Another life taken before she even got to experience life

These monsters scare me...I have become so over protective when comes to my granddaughters..

Prayers for Kayleah's family and friends..their life is forever changed.

Rest IN Peace Kayleah an angelic monkey

me too with my grand daughters!!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: May 20, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »

REST IN PEACE

an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey

thanks for this Heart...
Rest in Peace sweet girl...You did not deserve this!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: May 20, 2010, 10:02:31 PM »

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20100520/US.Body.Found.Colorado/

Police: Body found is 12-year-old Colorado girl
By P. SOLOMON BANDA, AP
38 minutes ago

Loading... Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes     109Share |
Email Story Discuss Print
 GREELEY, Colo. — Police confirmed Thursday that a body found in an irrigation ditch in northern Colorado is that of a missing 12-year-old girl who was last seen walking to a friend's house for a birthday party.

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner said the body recovered Wednesday is that of Kayleah Wilson, of Greeley, and that the coroner's office ruled the death was a homicide. He said police know the "manner and cause" of death but he declined to provided details. No one has been arrested.

The decomposed body had been in the irrigation ditch "for some time" in an area that had been searched twice, Garner said. Greeley is about 60 miles northeast of Denver.

The ditch is about a half-mile from the sixth-grader's home. A worker checking the ditch after heavy rain found the body in about three feet of water, Sgt. Joe Tymkovich said.

Wilson's disappearance on March 28 spawned repeated searches by police, Greeley residents and the FBI. Authorities said they pursued more than 300 leads and knocked on the doors of about 1,000 homes.

No one has been ruled out as a suspect, but investigators have nothing that points to family members, Garner said.

Tymkovich said police are looking at a range of individuals who had the time and opportunity to kill Kayleah and don't have good alibis.

"The investigation has really turned a corner with the discovery of this body," Tymkovich said.

Authorities received additional tips on the case after the body was recovered, and police will vigorously press the investigation, he vowed.

"We don't give up on cases like this," Garner said.

Police met with Wilson's mother, April Wilson, before the public announcement, the chief said.

"She's upset as you would expect," he said.

Family friend Cindy Rogers said finding out about Kayleah "sure is devastating."

"But now I'm glad that it's her because now the community can lay her to rest," Rogers said. "She can go home to where she belongs."

Rogers called Kayleah "a very sweet, quiet young girl."

"She loved to laugh. She had a really great personality. She's going to be missed," Rogers said.

After the police news conference, a dozen or so people showed up at a makeshift memorial of flowers and teddy bears along the grassy banks of the irrigation ditch where Kayleah's body was found. About 150 people held a vigil in the same place Wednesday night.

Authorities had stressed they didn't know if Kayleah Wilson had run away or was abducted and did not issue an Amber Alert, which notifies the public about a possible child abduction through text messages, phone calls, radio and television broadcasts and highway signs.

Authorities said criteria for an alert include information that a child may be in danger or if a suspect has been identified. The criteria ensure that the public won't ignore alerts because they are not broadcast often.

In April, as leads from the public dwindled, authorities increased the reward for information about Wilson to $20,000. Investigators also described behavior that might point to a possible abductor. They urged people to watch for someone who had missed work, had unexplained injuries or shown an unexpected or sudden interest in the case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23621710/detail.html
Police: Body In Ditch Was Kayleah Wilson; She Was Killed
Greeley Police Chief Makes Official Announcement
May 20, 2010

GREELEY, Colo. -- The body found in a Greeley ditch is that of Kayleah Wilson, who died at the hands of a killer, police announced Thursday.

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner confirmed the identification at an afternoon news conference and said her death "does not appear to be accidental."

"This is a homicide investigation -- a murder investigation," Garner said. He said her cause of death has been determined but it would not be made public because it is a "key" in the investigation.
He said the body was identified through dental records.

"The death occurred some time ago," he said.

Garner said the $20,000 reward offered by the FBI is still in effect, and asked for tips to be called in to 970-350-9600.

“We can't guarantee that it's not a stranger who killed her. We have a wide range of people of interest in this case,” Garner said.

"There is nothing to indicate that there is a family member as a suspect in this case," Garner added.

He said 12 to 15 investigators are on the case and the FBI was assisting.

"We need information, even if seems like something we already know. We encourage people to keep calling us with information and we need everything we can get," Garner said.

"We are already looking towards a successful prosecution on whoever did this," he said. "So we are going to err on the side of caution and say less than what we normally would to make a prosecutor’s job easier."

Investigation Begins On Who Could Have Killed Kayleah

An irrigation ditch employee, called a ditch rider, made the gruesome discovery early Wednesday morning in the Greeley-Loveland Irrigation Canal near a Greeley cemetery. It is a-half mile from the apartment where Kayleah lives with her mom.

Kayleah disappeared on March 28 while walking to a friend's birthday party.

Her body was found at the bottom of a 30-foot spillway in the canal.

The autopsy was conducted Wednesday at McKee Medical Center in nearby Loveland.

Brenda Jamison, one of Kayleah's grandmothers, confirmed the family had been contacted by the Weld County Coroner on Wednesday but she would not say what they were told. Garner said he met with Kayleah's mother earlier on Thursday to break the news.

There was no activity Thursday at the apartment where Kayleah's mother lives. She apparently left shortly after meeting with the police chief.

"She is reacting like any mom would in this situation, but I think (there's) a little bit of relief that brings a little closure," Garner said. "Our pledge to her that we do not give up on cases like this. We do not give up."

7NEWS confirmed that three registered sex offenders live within a mile of Kayleah's apartment. We contacted two of them and they confirmed they had been contacted by police investigators and had to provide a written alibis of where they were on the day Kayleah went missing.

Where And When Was Body Left?

Police are trying to determine where the body first entered the canal. The area where the body was found had been searched at least twice and the theory is that heavy rains flooded the canal, dislodging the body from another point upstream.

The canal goes underground for some distance just upstream from where the body was found. It is more than a mile west of the Greeley Mall, where surveillance video captured someone, believed to be Kayleah, walking across the parking lot on the day she disappeared.

"There are a number of people in the video and one of them looks like Kayleah, but we can't say for certain that it is her," said Garner. He said the video wasn't clear enough to positively identify her.

"We don’t give up on cases like this," Garner added. "We cannot guarantee there is not someone out there, given the opportunity, who would not do this again."

On Wednesday night, a large group of Kayleah's friends and family gathered at the spot where the body was found and held a candlelight vigil. The candles and mementos remained next to the canal spillway on Thursday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.