April 26, 2024, 04:25:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muskogee woman jailed in abduction of boy, 11 Oklahoma  (Read 3273 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 01, 2010, 03:18:04 PM »

Tulsa World (Oklahoma) 
March 31, 2010 Wednesday

Muskogee woman jailed in abduction of boy, 11

MUSKOGEE A Muskogee woman is accused of abducting an 11-year-old boy Monday evening, hitchhiking with him to Tulsa, and spending the night in an abandoned house before police apprehended her with the boy Tuesday afternoon, police said. Felisha Wilham, 21, was booked into the Tulsa Jail at 2:30 p.m. on a Muskogee County complaint of child abduction. Police combed the streets and searched a wooded area near an apartment complex where Jacob Southern lives in Muskogee after he was reported missing Monday about 11 p.m. The boy's mother, Donna Southern, told police her son went outside to play about 6 p.m. A neighbor reported seeing him playing outside with other children about 6:30 p.m. Police called off the search for the boy and began looking for Wilham after viewing a surveillance camera video taken at the apartment complex that showed the boy walking with Wilham across the street to Walmart.

Police spokesman Pedro Zardeneta said the officers recognized her on the video and contacted her family, who told them she would probably be with her boyfriend in Tulsa. Officers from Tulsa and Muskogee found Wilham and her boyfriend along with the boy in a Tulsa alleyway, took protective custody of the boy and placed Wilham under arrest, Zardeneta said. Zardeneta said Wilham is not related to the boy and that the boy's family does not know Wilham. But the boy and Wilham know each other, Zardeneta said. Police believe that their connection is as fans of the Insane Clown Posse, a Detroit hip-hop band. Some of the fans, known as Juggalos and Juggalettes, dress in black and wear black and white clown makeup while committing crimes. No one was wearing clown makeup when the officers found them, but the boy was wearing an Insane Clown Posse T-shirt. After Wilham and the boy walked to Walmart in Muskogee, police believe that they hitched a ride to a truck stop in Muskogee where they then hitched a ride to Tulsa with a truck driver, Zardeneta said. Police believe that they spent the night in an abandoned house in Tulsa. "The young boy appeared to be in good health," Zardeneta said. Wilham listed the Day Center for the Homeless as her Tulsa address, but she also has a Muskogee address, according to charges filed against her there. Records show that a mental competency exam was ordered for Wilham last year after she was charged with grand larceny in Muskogee County District Court in connection with the theft of a motorized shopping cart from a grocery store. The case is pending. In 2008, she was charged with false reporting of a crime after telling police she had been kidnapped. The case was dismissed. A mental evaluation had also been ordered in that case. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1155413845&start=4

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:22:18 PM »

Wilham

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »

Missing boy found; Woman held on child abduction warrant

Had it not been for a sharp surveillance video, no one may ever have known what happened to 11-year-old Jacob Southern, police said Tuesday.

The Pershing Elementary fifth-grader was reported missing when he failed to come inside from play Monday night.

Muskogee Police found him about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, sitting on a fence post in an alley in downtown Tulsa with a man and woman, said Lt. Bobby Lee.

The woman, Felisha Marie Wilham, 21, was booked into a Tulsa jail on a warrant for child abduction, Lee said. The man with her was not arrested.

Police began their search for the youngster at mid-morning Tuesday after the manager of Whispering Pines Apartments discovered a surveillance camera had captured the image of Jacob leaving the apartment parking lot with a woman shortly before 6 p.m. Monday.

Residents of the complex identified the woman as Wilham, who they said had been at the complex on occasion.

The video shows a woman and Jacob walking across the parking lot, across a grassy area and around a building toward Walmart.

Jacob’s 8-year-old sister Kaylee knew Wilham from having seen her before at the complex.

“She’s really nice,” she said Tuesday morning. “Jacob and her are really close friends. She came by (the apartment) the other day, wanting to check something on the computer.”

Wilham had told people at the complex that she was homeless, said Whitney Lund, Jacob’s cousin.

Donna Southern said Jacob “is friends with everyone from 21 down to 2. He’s always had a good heart.”

However, he knows to come home at night, he wouldn’t just run off, she said.

Lee said officers were familiar with Wilham. Muskogee County/City Detention Facility records show she was released on bond less than 30 minutes before the video shows her leaving Whispering Pines with Jacob.

She had been jailed Friday on a charge of second-degree burglary. Lee said two juveniles were with her when she was arrested on that charge.

Lee said after officers identified Wilham from the surveillance video, they learned that her boyfriend was in Tulsa and was scheduled to pick up a pair of new eyeglasses in downtown Tulsa on Tuesday afternoon.

Lee and the officers with him headed toward the address given them.  “I saw them sitting in the alley on a fence post,” Lee said. He said he jumped out of the car, grabbed up the little boy and shoved him in the patrol car before questioning Wilham.

She gave officers a statement that they knew at the time was false and arrested her on a warrant issued by Muskogee County District Attorney Larry Moore.

Jacob was unharmed.

Donna Southern said outside the police department later Tuesday that she had not yet had an opportunity to talk with Jacob about his night away from home.

“I just grabbed him and hugged him,” she said. “We’ll find out later what happened.”

Jacob was inside the police station, being questioned by officers.

Lee said officers are trying to learn why Jacob left with Wilham. On the video, he appears to be willing to go with her. They paused at one point and the woman motioned for the boy to “come on” before they continued on their walk.

Lee said he believes the woman and boy hitchhiked from Walmart to the Pilot truck stop on U.S. 69 and from there to Tulsa, where they spent the night in abandoned house.

Wilham is a “Juggalette,” and her boyfriend is a “Juggalo,” members of a gang that follow a punk rock band called Insane Clown Posse, which is cropping up throughout the region. The gang mostly commits thefts and other such crimes, Lee said.

What Wilham and her boyfriend’s intentions were with Jacob is not known, Lee said. He is just glad this story had a happy ending.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_090003950.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.