April 25, 2024, 10:45:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julie Ann Gonzalez 21, Austin TX last seen 3/26/10 (car found)  (Read 89498 times)
Dommienika
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »

Here's a map of the two Walgreens stores.

Can anyone tell me the address of George De La Cruz and Julie Ann Gonzalez?

I would like to add their addresses to the map.

TIA

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5600+South+1st+Street,+Austin,+TX+78745+(Walgreens+Pharmacies)&daddr=2020+East+Riverside,+Austin,+TX+78741+(Walgreens+Pharmacies)&hl=en&geocode=FULwzAEdg_Ur-iGUewR_hRuwUCkzhCmtq7REhjFKz6j6k7PuaA%3BFQAszQEd-wIt-iF8OD0Z9Z-8jQ&gl=us&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=30.264405,-97.765274&sspn=0.265692,0.438766&ie=UTF8&ll=30.227747,-97.74812&spn=0.066448,0.109692&z=13
Dommienika
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »

Also, if anyone knows if/where George works and at which Best Buy was Julie's card used??? TIA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 10:29:34 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Police-search-former-home-of-missing-Austin-woman--93815849.html
Police search former home of missing Austin woman
May 14, 2010

Austin police Friday searched the former home of a missing Austin woman. Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, was last seen March 26. She is the mother of a 2-year-old girl.

Police executed a search warrant at her former South Austin home on Garden Oaks Drive. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, lives there now.

Austin police will not say what they removed from the home. Neighbors watched officers remove several bags and tow two vehicles from the home.

“There was a helicopter, a cop car blocking the top of the street, and the middle of the street. White vans and detectives hanging out with gloves and taking photos of two cars and people just coming and going,” said a neighbor who wanted to remain anonymous.

APD released the following statement about the Julie Ann Gonzalez case: “The activity generated at this location cannot be discussed in detail at this time due to the continued and on-going investigation.”

A spokesperson with APD says detectives have not ruled anything out.

So far, no arrests have been made.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 10:37:44 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/search-for-missing-austin-mom-continues
Search still on for missing Austin mom
Husband on Dr Phil to deny guilt in disappearance

May 14, 2010

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Some seven weeks after an Austin mother went missing , the Austin Police Department conducted a search warrant at a South Austin home on Garden Oaks Drive .

While police said they could not discuss the activity at the location in detail due to the ongoing investigation, they continue looking into the whereabouts of Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21. The Austin mother went missing March 26, last seen at her soon-to-be ex-husband George de la Cruz's home

Gonzalez's family said police impounded two vehicles and took other items from the home during the search Friday.

Authorities said they have not ruled anything out, looking at all possible explanations for Gonzalez's disappearance.

The couple shares custody of their 2-year-old daughter, but instead of sticking to her routine of picking her daughter up, Gonzalez allegedly asked the father to hold on to the girl.

Days later, Gonzalez's new car was found abandoned in a Walgreens parking lot, with Gonzalez nowhere to be found.

Soon after her disappearance, dozens of family members and friends took to the streets outside Fairview Baptist Church to raise awareness about the missing Austin mother.

They passed out fliers, held posters plastered with her picture and sold barbecue to raise reward money.

APD has been investigating this case since it was first reported, saying that authorities are grateful to the assistance of Gonzalez’s family and their tireless efforts to keep her information in the public forum.

Still, police said they have yet to receive information or uncover any evidence that helps locate Gonzalez, even with the help of national and local media and tips from citizens. They have also been unable to clarify the circumstances under which she disappeared.

Gonzalez's family said she would have never left her daughter or her close-knit family.

The case has caught attention nationwide.

On Friday's episode of "Dr. Phil", the Gonzalez family and de la Cruz spoke about Julie and de la Cruz was given a polygraph test. When he claimed to have nothing to do with the disappearance, the test results showed he was lying.

APD urges anyone with information about Gonzalez's current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the department's Missing Persons Hotline at (512) 974-5250.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »

Welcome to SM!  I'll see if I can find it for you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 11:12:54 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Police-search-former-home-of-missing-Austin-woman--93815849.html
Police search former home of missing Austin woman
May 14, 2010

Austin police Friday searched the former home of a missing Austin woman. Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, was last seen March 26. She is the mother of a 2-year-old girl.

Police executed a search warrant at her former South Austin home on Garden Oaks Drive. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, lives there now.

Austin police will not say what they removed from the home. Neighbors watched officers remove several bags and tow two vehicles from the home.

“There was a helicopter, a cop car blocking the top of the street, and the middle of the street. White vans and detectives hanging out with gloves and taking photos of two cars and people just coming and going,” said a neighbor who wanted to remain anonymous.

APD released the following statement about the Julie Ann Gonzalez case: “The activity generated at this location cannot be discussed in detail at this time due to the continued and on-going investigation.”

A spokesperson with APD says detectives have not ruled anything out.

So far, no arrests have been made.

I believe the home belongs to George's mom.  I found a listing on the street for a Juan and Victoria Delacruz.  Not sure if related but is on the same street:

Juan G Delacruz
5809 Garden Oaks Dr
Austin, TX 78745-4097
Household:    Victoria J Delacruz
Dommienika
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »

Thanks for the welcome and Thanks for the info!!!  Seems like something is finally happening! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 02:29:17 PM »

The Walgreen's her car was found at is less than 1/2 mile from where she used to live with her husband and her husbands family on Garden Oaks Drive:

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/

Dommienika
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »

Yeah, it's not looking too good for George. or Julie.
Dommienika
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »

Does anyone know where George works or where the Best Buy is that a purchase was made with Julie's card? 
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/national/kxan-austin-fundraiser-held-for-missing-mother

Fundraiser organized for missing mother
Julie Gonzalez was last seen at ex-husband's home

Updated: Monday, 17 May 2010, 9:18 AM CDT
Published : Sunday, 16 May 2010, 10:13 PM CDT

JOHNSON CITY, Texas (KXAN) - Family members of a missing Austin mother are raising awareness and money Sunday to help their search for her.

Julie Ann Gonzalez went missing March 26, and her case has since garnered national attention as Austin police continue investigating her disappearance. The search for the missing mother landed on the "Dr. Phil" show Friday.

Still, there are no major leads, and the family set up a booth Sunday afternoon at the Muddy Buddy race in Johnson City, Texas.

They sold breakfast tacos and wore shirts that read: "Have you seen her?"

Austin Police Department investigators served a search warrant at the home of her estranged husband Friday but have not released what they found there, if anything.

The Gonzalez family said a family friend invited them to set up at Muddy Buddy because it's such a popular event.

"Because it's such a big turnout, there'd be a lot of people who would see Julie's pictures and know about it," said a family member. "Maybe something would come out of this."

Gonzalez was last seen at the home of her soon-to-be ex-husband George de la Cruz. Days later, her new car was found abandoned in a Walgreens parking lot.

APD urges anyone with information about Gonzalez's current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the department's Missing Persons Hotline at (512) 974-5250.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 12:17:28 PM »

If her soon to be ex husband is guilty or they think he is they need to bring cadaver dogs in the back yard and surrounding wooded areas. Given the timeline of everything that has been revealed and looking at his stature he did not go far if he buried her body. She is probably in a nearby shallow grave. Sorry to sound so morbid . On a more positive note if she did run away maybe she is happy and just living life.  Have a great day all.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/missing-girl%27s-mom%3A-husband-has-info
(video)
Missing girl's mom: Husband has info
Mother wants estranged husband to clear his name
Published 5/18/10
Updated 5/19/10

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Sandra Soto has spent the last six weeks hoping for any sign of her missing daughter, Julie Ann Gonzalez.

Now, after a search of Gonzalez's estranged husband’s house and an appearance on “Dr. Phil,” she said she believes George De La Cruz might have what she has been hoping for.

“I have been asking George to clear his name,” said Soto. “I am not pointing the finger at George. I just am asking him to clear his name if he has nothing to hide so the investigation can go on."

De La Cruz and Gonzalez were going through a divorce at the time of Gonzalez’s disappearance in March. The two shared joint custody of their 2-year-old daughter, but now the girl is splitting time between De La Cruz and Soto.

The heat was turned up on De La Cruz last Friday when Austin police executed a search warrant at his home and a polygraph test on the “Dr. Phil” show suggested he was lying when he claimed to not know anything about the disappearance.

“The results of the polygraph justify my feelings,” said Soto.

Police are investigating. However, Soto said she has received very little information about where investigators stand.

She said she does believe the national television appearance has caused a sense of urgency.

“I feel after the show, they stepped up their game,” said the mother.

There were no warning signs from Gonzalez in the days leading up to her disappearance, according to her mother, who said her mood was upbeat as it usually was.

(There are some interesting comments)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/Missing-womans-family-desperate-for-answers-94200424.html
(video)
Missing woman's family desperate for answers
May 18, 2010

The family of a missing Austin woman says they are desperate for answers as the search for Julie Ann Gonzalez continues. Gonzalez was last seen more than seven weeks ago.

“It’s an empty feeling I can’t get rid of.  It’s a just a pain like no other pain I have ever experienced in my whole life,” said Sandra Soto, Gonzalez’s mother, who lives in Dripping Springs.

Gonzalez, 21, was last seen March 26. Her car was found abandoned at a South Austin Walgreens.

Gonzalez has a 2-year-old daughter who has been asking why her mother is not home.

“It’s hard, hard to look into her little face and look into her little eyes. She looks just like my daughter,” said Soto.

On Friday, Austin police searched Gonzalez’s former home on Garden Oaks Drive in South Austin. Her estranged husband George De La Cruz lives there now. The two were going through a divorce during the time she disappeared.

Neighbors say officers removed several bags of evidence and towed away two vehicles. The Austin Police department will not comment on what they found or why they were searching the home in the first place.

“I don’t think there was any new evidence found. It’s just since he did hire an attorney, and we’re not cooperating with them, they didn’t have any choice but to get a warrant and make sure there isn’t anything there, and again there isn’t,” said Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, who is now representing De La Cruz.

Fagerberg said Austin police questioned his client several times and he always cooperated. He maintains De La Cruz knows nothing of Gonzalez’s disappearance.

“My client had nothing to do with it -- he’s maintained that from the beginning, and continues to maintain that. I think when it’s all said and done, those facts will come out,” said Fagerberg.

Gonzalez’s family is offering a $5,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Austin police have not made any arrests.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »

do any of you know if george has a myspace??? I looked up (google and I then click cached not the regular site) george de la cruz on myspace and I found someone who is "19" from lubbock. texas and it says "loves audra". Just wondering.... Last login was 4/17/2010. Last login through mobile was March 9. I wonder if George had a jealous g/f or some kind of affair??

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Billboard-brings-more-visibility-to-missing-Austin-woman-94704199.html
(video)
Billboard brings more visibility to missing Austin woman
May 23, 2010

A new billboard is helping bring more visibility to a missing Austin woman.

It involves the case of Julie Ann Gonzalez. The billboard went up last week in Southeast Austin. It's located along Ben White and Woodward Street. The -21 year old has been missing since March 26TH. Her car was found abandoned at a South Austin Walgreens. Her mother, Sandra Soto hopes the billboard will jog people’s memory and help bring her home.

“It's very hard to see my daughter's face up there and the word missing next to it,” said Soto. “She's beautiful. I wish I could have her with me instead of seeing her picture on a billboard.”

Earlier this month, Austin police searched Gonzalez’s former home on Garden Oaks Drive in South Austin. Her estranged husband George De La Cruz lives there now. The two were going through a divorce during the time she disappeared.

Neighbors say officers removed several bags of evidence and towed away two vehicles. The Austin Police department will not comment on what they found or why they were searching the home in the first place.

“I don’t think there was any new evidence found. It’s just since he did hire an attorney, and we’re not cooperating with them, they didn’t have any choice but to get a warrant and make sure there isn’t anything there, and again there isn’t,” said Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, who is now representing De La Cruz.

Fagerberg said Austin police questioned his client several times and he always cooperated. He maintains De La Cruz knows nothing of Gonzalez’s disappearance.

“My client had nothing to do with it -- he’s maintained that from the beginning, and continues to maintain that. I think when it’s all said and done, those facts will come out,” said Fagerberg.

Gonzalez's family is offering a ten thousand dollar reward  for information on her disappearance. The family is planning a fundraiser on June 10th.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/kxan-austin-family-steps-up-search-for-missing-mom
Family steps up search for missing mom
Family rents billboard in hopes of finding mom

Updated: Monday, 24 May 2010, 8:46 AM CDT
Published : Sunday, 23 May 2010, 10:55 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The family of a missing Austin mom is trying something new to shine a bigger spotlight on their search.

Julie Ann Gonzalez vanished in late March, and though Austin police are investigating, leads have been sparse.

Gonzalez's family rented a billboard in South Austin near the spot where 290 meets I-35 .

Gonzalez had been estranged from her husband George de la Cruz shortly before she dissappeared, and they were headed for divorce.

Police have since served a search warrant at the home where de la Cruz lives, but no arrests have been made.

The family is offering a reward and plans future fundraisers to keep up the search this summer.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html
Neighbor provides information about missing woman's disappearance
June 7, 2010
The family of a missing Austin woman is now offering $20,000 for information about her disappearance.

Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen more than ten weeks ago.

Now a neighbor says he watched Julie Ann drive up to her former home on Garden Oaks Drive the day she disappeared on March 26Th.

The neighbor said she was accompanied by two Hispanic men, who got out of the vehicle and walked to the backyard of the home without knocking on the door.

“She looked at me and I looked at her and I’m driving and thinking who are those guys? Who are those guys? Because here we look after each other,” said neighbor Jesse Corpus.

Corpus said he never saw the men before or anytime after.

Julie Ann Gonzalez lived at the home until she separated from her husband George De La Cruz. They have a two year old daughter together.

In May, Austin Police officers searched George De La Cruz’s home and carried out bags of evidence.

However, APD made no arrests that day and continues to say detectives are looking into all possible explanations for Julie Ann’s disappearance.

George De La Cruz’s mother found a suspicious hole in the backyard shed a few weeks back. Neither she nor her son had seen it before, so she called police.

Patrick Fagerberg, George De La Cruz’s defense attorney, says the hidden storage could provide clue to Julie Ann’s disappearance.

“From my experience it seems like it’s a hole that has been used for drugs and or money,” said Fagerberg.

Fagerberg maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

“It’s a very clear timeline and there was no opportunity for any foul play. I think that's why APD thought there was no foul play, because George gave them that timeline,” said Fagerberg.

Julie Ann's family started a website with information about her disappearance:  www.julieanngonzalez.com/

There's a benefit concert Thursday night to help Gonzalez' family raise money to help find her.
     It's from 6-9 p.m. at Hill's Cafe at 4700 South Congress Avenue.
     Singer-songerwriter Sam Watkins will perform with his band Fate Train, along with Larry Lange and the Lonely Knights, and Ponty Bone and the Squeezetones.
Tickets are $5 at the door.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:50 AM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/kxan-austin-benefit-held-for-missing-mom
(Video)
Benefit held for missing mom

Police: Last seen at her estranged husband's house

Updated: Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 7:02 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 7:02 PM CDT

Family and friends of a missing Austin woman are still doing all they can to keep her story fresh in people's minds.

The effort continued Sunday with a $20.00 per-plate cookout in West Travis County.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. She was last seen at her estranged husband's house, her new car was found abandoned days later.

Since then her family has pulled out all the stops, putting together numerous fundraisers to keep paying private detectives for work on the case.

At one point they even rented out a billboard at I-35 and 290 and put Julie's picture on it.

Family members thank everyone helping to keep alive the search for Julie Ann.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2010, 08:08:47 AM »

Benefit held for missing mom
Police: Last seen at her estranged husband's house

Published : Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 7:02 PM CDT

Family and friends of a missing Austin woman are still doing all they can to keep her story fresh in people's minds.

The effort continued Sunday with a $20.00 per-plate cookout in West Travis County.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. She was last seen at her estranged husband's house, her new car was found abandoned days later.

Since then her family has pulled out all the stops, putting together numerous fundraisers to keep paying private detectives for work on the case.

At one point they even rented out a billboard at I-35 and 290 and put Julie's picture on it.

Family members thank everyone helping to keep alive the search for Julie Ann.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/kxan-austin-benefit-held-for-missing-mom

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.