March 28, 2024, 07:36:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julie Ann Gonzalez 21, Austin TX last seen 3/26/10 (car found)  (Read 89256 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »

Guilty!!!   

Muffy - I haven't been following this case.  Since he has been found guilty shall I assume she was murdered and move to Deceased even though her body has not been found? What do you think?

I think you should go ahead and move it Klaas.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2015, 11:15:03 PM »

Guilty!!!   

Yes 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2015, 01:11:22 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »

Even though her body has not been found, the assumption is she was murdered thus I moved to this thread.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2015, 09:40:02 AM »

Even though her body has not been found, the assumption is she was murdered thus I moved to this thread.

I've been reading comments in various places in the news regarding the jury finding George De La Cruz guilty in the murder of Julie Ann Gonzalez, and I personally don't agree with the opinion of some that wouldn't or couldn't find him guilty because her body hasn't been found.  George just wishes it were "no body, no case".   JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/jurors-deliberate-sentence-for-george-de-la-cruz-i/nk2XP/
George De La Cruz gets life in prison for killing Julie Ann Gonzalez
April 23, 2015

Update
11:48 p.m. update: George De La Cruz was sentenced Thursday morning to life in prison for the 2010 disappearance of his estranged wife, Julie Ann Gonzalez.

In the audience, Gonzalez’s friends and family members let out low exclamations of relief. “Yes, yes,” her mother said.

A Travis County jury recommended the life sentence after a short deliberation, and Judge Cliff Brown made the life sentence official.

De La Cruz’s defense lawyers contended there wasn’t enough evidence to even prove she was dead. But jurors convicted the 27-year-old Wednesday following nearly seven hours of deliberations.

He faces between five to 99 years in prison.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2015, 08:22:49 AM »

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/28886763/timeline-of-a-murder-george-de-la-cruz-case-through-the-years
Timeline of a murder: George De La Cruz case through the years
April 23, 2015

Victim Julie Ann Gonzalez

This week, the jury found De La Cruz guilty. They reportedly couldn't ignore tracking data from cellphone towers that put Gonzalez's missing phone near locations where De La Cruz frequently visited.

And he went on a shopping spree with her debit card.

On Thursday, pent up emotions erupted in the courtroom as a life sentence was delivered.

De La Cruz's life sentence comes with the possibility of parole in 30 years.

There is a possibility there are several accomplices who helped De La Cruz cover all of this up.

Prosecutors may try to track them down.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2015, 08:26:40 AM »

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/28885307/tempers-flare-after-george-de-la-cruz-is-sentenced-to-life-in-prison
Tempers flare after George De La Cruz is sentenced to life in prison
April 23, 2015

The life sentence for George De La Cruz comes with the possibility of parole in 30 years. The sentence could not fill the lingering emptiness for Sandra Soto, Julie Ann's mother, because her daughter's body still remains missing.

"He is not going to have any freedom, that's a comfort, it's not closure. But it is a comfort knowing that what he did to Julie he did to himself too."

A member of the jury told FOX 7 when deliberations began the majority of the group quickly started leaning toward a guilty verdict. The trial lasted about a week and a half. But the key evidence for the jury came on one of the last days. The jury just could not ignore tracking data from cellphone towers. The information was put Gonzalez's phone after she disappeared near locations De La Cruz was at or frequented. Images from store surveillance cameras and receipts made during a shopping spree he made with her debit card were matched up on a timeline map.

The information confirmed - what her family already knew - Julie Ann was gone. Sandra Soto said despite the loss- says she still talks to her daughter.

"So in my prayers tonight, she will come to me and hopefully she will tell me mom, I'm ok."

Soto trying to get full custody of her granddaughter who is currently living with De La Cruz's mother. Keith Lauerman, the lead attorney for George De La Cruz said an appeal will be filed.

On a side note; there is a real possibility there are two to three accomplices who helped dispose of Gonzalez's body and/ or helped with the cover up. Prosecutors tell FOX7 they have not decided if they will try to tack down those who took part in the crime.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2015, 08:33:04 AM »

http://kxan.com/2015/06/03/cell-phone-tracking-leads-to-crucial-evidence/
Cellphone tracking leads to crucial evidence
June 3, 2015

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Television shows may lead one to believe by smashing a “burner” phone after a call, you will be able to eliminate any record of its use. But geolocation of cellphones has recently impacted two high-profile murder cases in Central Texas.

In April, a wireless expert delivered key testimony against George De La Cruz and he was ultimately convicted in the murder of his missing wife, Julie Ann Gonzalez. The expert presented evidence showing Gonzalez’s cellphone being “pinged” or tracked in areas De La Cruz was known to frequent even after her disappearance..

On Tuesday, an affidavit filed by Harris County District Attorney’s Office indicated cellphone records show text messages were made to Samantha Dean’s phone the day she was killed asking her to meet the sender. Those messages were traced to a pre-paid cellphone investigators found was purchased at a Houston area Walmart. Surveillance video from the Walmart led to a possible suspect.

Greg Ledenbach is a digital forensics expert for E-Investigations, a private computer and cellphone investigations company. He said the GPS which comes equipped in many smartphones is one way to track cell location. Having “locations services” turned on can leave digital fingerprints when using the phone or its applications.

But that is not the only way to follow.

“Triangulating from cellphone towers requires cooperation from tower’s owner,” said Ledenbach. Triangulation is a locating process requiring at least three cell towers. Using the amount of time it takes for a phone to “ping” off a tower, forensic experts can identify an approximate location to where the phone is located. The more towers in range, the more accurately the phone can be placed. Cellphone companies have to grant access which is why private investigators are rarely involved in such a location technique, however, law enforcement with a search warrant can get access to such evidence.

Pre-paid phones do not provide as much protection as what television may lead you to believe according to Ledenbach. He said unless the actual memory chip is destroyed, data can still be retrieved. And even though the phone is prepaid, it can still be tracked like any other phone.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »

I posted an article this morning in Rachel Cooke's missing person thread.  Fourteen years later, Rachel is still missing. 
Link to Rachel's current discussion thread: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6897.0  Julie Ann's mother Sandra Soto comments in the article:

http://kxan.com/2016/01/10/georgetown-teen-still-missing-after-14-years/
Georgetown teen still missing after 14 years
January 11, 2016

GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) — “I ain’t giving up.”

It’s the 14th year of staying strong. Janet Cooke is back at her daughter’s memorial tree next to Georgetown High School, flowers and balloons in hand.

“It’s important to keep the story out there, because we don’t have closure yet,” says Janet.

Nineteen-year-old Rachel Cooke disappeared in January of 2002 while jogging near her parents’ home in rural Georgetown. It’s clear she won’t be forgotten. Dozens of people showed up to her memorial, sharing memories of Rachel.

It’s been nearly six years since Sandra Soto’s daughter, Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared. Julie’s estranged husband was sentenced to life in prison for her murder. Her body has never been found.

“Not knowing is the hardest part, just not knowing and not being able to plan a funeral,” says Sandra.

It was hard enough losing their daughters. Now all these women ask is that they’re found, so they can have closure.

“These mothers who have their children missing, and don’t have answers,” says Sandra, “There are other people out there who understand your pain, you’re not alone.”

They’re certainly not, and these families won’t let go of the memories, or the search for their loved ones.

The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office says they’re still looking into leads on Rachel’s disappearance. The family still has a $50,000 reward to whomever helps them find her.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2019, 09:37:34 AM »

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/family-still-searching-for-answers-on-the-anniversary-of-a-21-year-old-woman-s-disappearance
Family still searching for answers, on the anniversary of a 21-year-old woman's disappearance
March 24, 2019

AUSTIN,Texas (FOX 7 Austin) - March 2010 was the last time Dora Soto-Derma would see her 21-year-old niece Julie Ann Gonzalez alive.

Sunday on the anniversary of her disappearance her family and friends are still desperate for answers.

"We didn't get the call we didn't get a text we didn't hear nothing. We knew something was wrong."

The Walgreens near the intersection of South 1st and Stassney Lane in south Austin is an area that has haunted Soto-Derma for years.

"It's painful we avoid this area. We just avoid this area for obvious reasons," said Soto-Derma.

It's been nine years since Gonzalez was reported missing. 

"She was a very good mom, good sister, cousin, and friend," said Soto-Derma Gonzalez's aunt.

Soto-Derma says her car was found abandoned in the Walgreens parking lot where Gonzalez worked.

"I remember it like if it was yesterday. I remember the ordeal as if it were yesterday it really hurts," said Soto-Derma.

Investigators say her ex-husband George De La Cruz was allegedly the last person to see her alive.

De La Cruz told investigators that Gonzalez had asked him to watch their daughter for a few more days and then left town with a new lover.

A story Soto-Derma says she didn't buy, and neither did a jury.

Five years later De La Cruz was trial for the murder of his estranged-wife

During the trial, prosecutors showed evidence connecting De La Cruz to the case.

They reportedly couldn't ignore tracking data from cellphone towers that put Gonzalez's missing phone near locations where De La Cruz frequently visited.  And said he went on a shopping spree with her debit card.

De La Cruz was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole. However, till this day Gonzalez's body has never been found.

Gonzales says it doesn't compare to the life sentence her family is currently serving.

"Waiting for answers waiting for a sign a clue. My family wants to know where she is whether alive or gone," said Soto-Derma.

And says even though the family has their justice they still haven't been able to lay Gonzalez to rest.

"That's what we want we want to know where she is she needs to be buried properly," said Soto-Derma. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.