April 19, 2024, 03:37:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 276886 times)
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1020 on: April 19, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »

I bet Casey is celebrating tonight, with an extra bag of cheetos or sumpin.

I hope the new judge will put this on a faster track, and make Cindy stop smacking that gum in the courtroom, I swear it looks like she is chewing cud.

Marinade Dave needs to keep his piehole shut..

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: April 19, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23199005/detail.html
Judge Steps Down  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23199370/detail.html
Judge Appointed     http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23199411/detail.html

PDF: Second Motion to Preclude Death Procedures for Impermissible Prosecutorial Motives (4/19/10)
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Second%20Motion%20to%20Preclude%20Death%20Procedures%20for%20Impermissible%20Prosecutorial%20Motives.pdf

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1022 on: April 19, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »

Oh boy, it's Perry! Are they going to want him recused after they google him? 

I just called an attorney friend who was SURE he would recuse himself..............I now her a Texas size steak dinner now BTW..she is going to check with a friend in FL to see if she can get  a 'feel' for Perry....she did remember he has been the Chief Judge
Thanks Sunny.  Sorry about the steak dinner. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: April 19, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-motion-20100419,0,6017904.story

Judge Stan Strickland is out, chief judge Belvin Perry is in.

By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel
5:04 p.m. EDT, April 19, 2010
os-casey-anthony-motion-20100419

The judge assigned to the Casey Anthony murder case is stepping down.

Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland issued an order this afternoon, excusing himself from the case.

This comes after the defense team asked the judge to disqualify himself because he had developed a "personal relationship" with a blogger who has been critical of Anthony.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry will take over the case.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. The 2-year-old's remains were found in December 2009 less than a mile from her family home in east Orange County. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

In motion filed Friday, the defense claims Strickland has developed a relationship with blogger Dave Knechel — known online as "Marinade Dave" — who has a "relentless pro-prosecution bias." At one point, Strickland learned Knechel was ill and telephoned him express his concern for the blogger's well-being.

Anthony fears she won't get a fair trial, according to the motion.

With Strickland's removal, the case will go back to the criminal division administrative judge who will re-assign the case to another judge.
The case was assigned to Strickland two years ago when Strickland was working the criminal court division. In January, he was moved to oversee civil cases but was asked to keep the Anthony criminal case.

Strickland — who joined the Florida Bar Association in 1984 — was once a workers' compensation claims judge before then-Gov. Lawton Chiles appointed him to be an Orange County judge in 1995. Three years, Chiles appointed him to be a circuit judge where Strickland has handled various caseloads, including domestic, juvenile criminal and civil.

In 2004, he served as the chair of the professionalism committee for the Orange County Bar Association.

He earned his undergraduate and master degrees from Florida State University. He received his law degree from Mercer University in 1984.

This story is breaking. Check back for updates.

Rest assure that Chief Judge Belvin Perry is not going to be any more of an advantage to the defense whatsoever.  Am I pissed about this, for Judge Strickland I am because a decent, fair man felt it was best he step aside so that there was not continued questions of every decision he made attacked.   I hate to burst the defense's bubble today, but they know full well that it was questionable if Judge Strickland could or would remain on the case aside from this personal attack the defense sunk to new lows with, all this did was assure that it happened.   While some may claim they are not shocked, I maintain that this man did nothing wrong nor should it be perceived as such just because the defense used an a$$hat to be a bunch of hypocrites & attack an honored man of the robe's reputation as a tactic...let them gloat because most of us can see that this move equally shows how desperate they are & it will eventually bite them all in their sorry bums.

As far as "marinade for brains" goes, many see right thru him too.  I mean how could you not considering he's made it quite known he's against the death penalty, likes Joy Wray, kissed up to Jim of NBC to get to the Anthonys, passed his "business card" to the defense, displayed an over dramatized empathy for the Anthonys & then went on this ego maniac trip on a judge paying him a simple compliment but then blamed the defense for capitalizing on his self-serving blubbering.   If I were him I wouldnt be too proud of forcing a man to step down due to his stupidity and the defense's despicable unwarranted attack.

This is just the beginning though, I will almost guarantee that the defense is now going to challenge some motions they lost and/or move to get the case dismissed...they wont succeed but I expect the effort to happen.  If you recall even going back to Casey's original bond, the defense filed an appeal and lost.  Pretty much every judicial decision Judge Strickland made was carefully deliberated before making his ruling, as we all sat at times frustrated having to wait for the Orders, this is the mountain IMHO that the defense will never be able to hurdle.   Put your seat belts on & take a Valium from kitty because its going to be a bumpy, even longer ride to hearing GUILTY.

Judge Strickland should just know many see this for what it is, not being him who it reflects poorly upon.   He's allowed to read & watch TV, he's even allowed to comment so long as he does not discuss specifics of a case he is presiding over....this was just a cheap shot & blown way out of portion by an a$$hat.   PS   GO NOLES!   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1024 on: April 19, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-judge-stan-strickland-leaves-the-case-cites-irony.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29
Casey Anthony: Judge Stan Strickland leaves the case, cites irony
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, WESH — posted by halboedeker on April, 19 2010 5:22 PM
Discuss This: Comments(13) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Judge Stan Strickland is stepping down from the Casey Anthony case, TV stations reported tonight. In his last act, Strickland had some withering words.

“He does indicate in so many simple words here that he has seen the defense seeking publicity in this case before,” WESH-Channel 2’s Greg Fox reported.

Fox read Strickland’s last line in a three-page response to a defense motion seeking his removal: “At its core,  defense counsel’s motion accuses the undersigned of being a self-aggrandizing media hound. Indeed the irony is rich here.”

The Anthony defense team sought Strickland’s removal in a motion filed Friday and cited the judge’s friendship with a blogger. The defense described that blog, Marinade Dave, as being pro-prosecution.

WESH’s Fox summarized Strickland’s reasoning for leaving: The judge fears he’ll be called biased any time he rules against the Anthony defense team.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry will preside over the Anthony case, Central Florida News 13 reported. Strickland was the judge on the case for 20 months.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1025 on: April 19, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »

Another complete waste 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1026 on: April 19, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »

Did I not just get done saying this....nice try sorry about yo luck, not happening

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1027 on: April 19, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »

Did I not just get done saying this....nice try sorry about yo luck, not happening
Thanks Capp.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1028 on: April 19, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Of all times to take a shower!
I really don't believe this.
Hope MD is happy. What a yutz.

Casey's going to fry now for sure.
The little bit I read says he's a no nonsense judge.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1029 on: April 19, 2010, 06:31:38 PM »

<snipped>

Rest assure that Chief Judge Belvin Perry is not going to be any more of an advantage to the defense whatsoever.  Am I pissed about this, for Judge Strickland I am because a decent, fair man felt it was best he step aside so that there was not continued questions of every decision he made attacked.   I hate to burst the defense's bubble today, but they know full well that it was questionable if Judge Strickland could or would remain on the case aside from this personal attack the defense sunk to new lows with, all this did was assure that it happened.   While some may claim they are not shocked, I maintain that this man did nothing wrong nor should it be perceived as such just because the defense used an a$$hat to be a bunch of hypocrites & attack an honored man of the robe's reputation as a tactic...let them gloat because most of us can see that this move equally shows how desperate they are & it will eventually bite them all in their sorry bums.

As far as "marinade for brains" goes, many see right thru him too.  I mean how could you not considering he's made it quite known he's against the death penalty, likes Joy Wray, kissed up to Jim of NBC to get to the Anthonys, passed his "business card" to the defense, displayed an over dramatized empathy for the Anthonys & then went on this ego maniac trip on a judge paying him a simple compliment but then blamed the defense for capitalizing on his self-serving blubbering.   If I were him I wouldnt be too proud of forcing a man to step down due to his stupidity and the defense's despicable unwarranted attack.

This is just the beginning though, I will almost guarantee that the defense is now going to challenge some motions they lost and/or move to get the case dismissed...they wont succeed but I expect the effort to happen.  If you recall even going back to Casey's original bond, the defense filed an appeal and lost.  Pretty much every judicial decision Judge Strickland made was carefully deliberated before making his ruling, as we all sat at times frustrated having to wait for the Orders, this is the mountain IMHO that the defense will never be able to hurdle.   Put your seat belts on & take a Valium from kitty because its going to be a bumpy, even longer ride to hearing GUILTY.

Judge Strickland should just know many see this for what it is, not being him who it reflects poorly upon.   He's allowed to read & watch TV, he's even allowed to comment so long as he does not discuss specifics of a case he is presiding over....this was just a cheap shot & blown way out of portion by an a$$hat.   PS   GO NOLES!   

Excellent post, Capp, I agree totally.

This just shows what an honorable man Judge Strickland is. I think he was extremely fair and did no wrong in this case. He was trying very hard to keep the case moving where there would be no issues later for appealing the case.

I am saddened, but I understand why he stepped down.

A good man.

NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1030 on: April 19, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

Maybe its just been a tough week, but thi made me bust into tears...Poor Caylee, Poor HaLeigh. I hope Judge S. isnt the only judge to get justice for this baby. Damn Casey Anthony and Jose Baez, I hope they both get what they truly deserve!! 

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1031 on: April 19, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »

This is just awful.  I hope Bozo comes back later on and admits what a big mistake he made.  I am just so disgusted with these people.  WHEN WILL THERE BE JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE AND HALEIGH? 

Good luck Judge.  You did the honorable thing for Caylee.  More than I can say for her own mother, grandparents and her suspected killer's lawyer/team. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »

Strickland just recused himself from the case

Oh my ... that's too bad.         Maybe things are in the works regarding Baez's standing with the Florida Bar???
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: April 19, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

Maybe its just been a tough week, but thi made me bust into tears...Poor Caylee, Poor HaLeigh. I hope Judge S. isnt the only judge to get justice for this baby. Damn Casey Anthony and Jose Baez, I hope they both get what they truly deserve!! 

NO1Z~  don't worry, They all will get what they deserve. The innocent girls justice and the rest , theirs will come somehow, someway

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »

No tears, Chief Judge Belvin Perry is a long-time career judge and he does not tolerate nonsense.   The defense will have a field day to a certain point temporarily & then this case will get on track.   Incidentally, Judge Perry is whom assigned Judge Strickland to the case, he also assigned Judge Rodriguez to the civil case....what was the defense thinking?    In the end this will not be a victory for the defense, in fact they will regret the day they filed it TWICE

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1035 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »

Strickland just recused himself from the case

Oh my ... that's too bad.         Maybe things are in the works regarding Baez's standing with the Florida Bar???

Talk about irony!  Wish JS would make the bar complaint of all time and get bozo disbarred!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1036 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

Curly we could probably save a small forest if they quit filing all these crazy motions.   

They are desperate and desperate people do desperate things.................they have NO DEFENSE and this may be the very thing which finishes KC off if they get a new judge. This judge has gone overboard to accommodate them - even helping Bozo get his motions and words right in court. If they get the judge changed, it will be the end of their case because NO OTHER judge is going to put up with all the nonsense they have thrown out there. It might be the best thing for Caylee's justice.

I agree.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: April 19, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04/19/us/AP-US-Caylee-Anthony.html
Judge Removes Self From Toddler Mom's Murder Case
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 19, 2010
Filed at 5:33 p.m. ET

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial is taking himself off the case.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland granted a motion Monday filed by Anthony's attorneys asking that he recuse himself.

Anthony's defense attorneys had argued that comments the judge made to a blogger recently showed he was prejudiced against Anthony.

In his decision, Strickland denied doing anything wrong. But he says he is removing himself from the case because Anthony's attorneys likely would allege bias each time he ruled against their motions.

The 24-year-old Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, six months after she was reported missing.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: April 19, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/04/judge-recuses-himself-from-cas.html
WDBO Local News      
Judge recuses himself from case
By
Robyn Sidersky
@ April 19, 2010 5:19 PM

The judge who has presided over the Casey Anthony case has stepped down amid accusations by the defense of a pro-prosecution bias
Motion   http://www.wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/order_defendants_motion_disqualify_trial_judge.pdf
Strickland said compliments he had for a court blogger were made months ago in open court and were in support of moderation on the bloggers website.

In closing, Strickland said the defense councels motion accused him of being a self aggrandizing media hound. "Indeed the irony is rich," Strickland wrote.
Veteran Orange County Circuit Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. will take over the case.

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1039 on: April 19, 2010, 06:50:24 PM »

I love this...
http://www.wftv.com/news/23199005/detail.html
“At its core, defense counsel’s motion accuses the undersigned of being a ‘self-aggrandizing media house’. Indeed. The irony is rich,” Strickland pointedly wrote in his order.

Judge Strickland is a class act.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.