April 23, 2024, 12:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277143 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1060 on: April 19, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »

I know this totally from left field and so catty but I bet next court appearance will bring us the all dolled up defendant.  Who knows she may need to revive her "sexy librarian' look.  She will need to see if her girly-power still works.

She may even throw caution to the winds and shampoo her hair.  lol

" oh la di da do, I'm so pretty, me me me I love me"
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1061 on: April 19, 2010, 07:29:58 PM »

OOOOHHH! I like this guy - sitting on the Trial court budget committee?  Wants efficient justice?  Poor Bozo may want to take his request back!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1062 on: April 19, 2010, 07:31:12 PM »

Yes, he is Ono, INDEED!

As far as Im concerned the defense just guaranteed their client's fate if  in fact the expected verdict is guilty.   When they found out who would be presiding they said RUT ROO already!   Damasses!

I certainly hope this replacement judge isn't squishy & 'touchy -- feely', doesn't legislate from the bench, doesn't curry favors, and ..... isn't 'best buds' with ye olde Mason .......  I am in hopes he follows the Law.

He does not to any of the above.   
Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. Re-Elected as Chief Judge
February 24, 2009

The Judges of the Ninth Judicial Circuit have unanimously elected the Honorable Belvin Perry, Jr. as Chief Judge for the term of July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2011.  By rule, a Chief Judge is chosen from among the circuit judges and county judges in each judicial circuit to carry out administrative responsibilities within the circuit.  This will be Judge Perry’s seventh term as Chief Judge of the Ninth Circuit, having served from 1995 to 1999 and again from 2001 to present.   Judge Perry received his Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law, a Masters Degree in Education from Tuskegee University and a Bachelor of Science Degree in History also from Tuskegee University.  Prior to taking the bench as a Circuit Judge in 1989, Judge Perry served as an Assistant State Attorney within the Ninth Circuit.  Along with currently serving as Chief Judge, Judge Perry also serves as the Chair of the Trial Court Budget Commission for the state court system. “I’m humbled and grateful for the confidence of my fellow judges in re-electing me to this position,” said Judge Perry, “The rough economic times we face in society have also brought new challenges to our circuit and the preservation of the rule of law.  As Chief Judge, I look forward to these challenges and the continued opportunity to ensure that an effective and efficient judicial system is maintained for the people of Central Florida.”    The Ninth Judicial Circuit serves Orange and Osceola Counties and is the third largest circuit in Florida.  Currently, there are 65 county and circuit judges serving in the Ninth Circuit.  http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/press_details.asp?id=152

Circuit Court Judge Relieved Of Duties
Posted: 5:01 pm EDT April 18, 2010
Updated: 10:17 pm EDT April 18, 2010

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. -- A Ninth Judicial Circuit Court judge based in Osceola County is off the bench after an order by Chief Judge Belvin Perry.
The administrative order relieved Judge James Turner of his duties on Friday. It’s not clear why the chief judge issued the order.
Last summer, the Judicial Qualifications Commission launched an investigation into Turner for allegedly making his political party affiliation known during his 2008 campaign. An attorney for Turner would not say much about the situation.
"Judge Perry's decision to relieve Judge Turner was not solely a result of this ongoing case," attorney Barry Rigby said.
A statement from Judge Turner said, "I support and understand Judge Perry's decision. I look forward to having these matters resolved as quickly as possible so I can return to the bench. I will face this situation with grace, honesty and courage."

As a sidebar issue:   I posted this the other day, apparently its not the first time "marinade for brains" commented on Florida judges http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2006/03/03/judge-belvin-perry-jr-little-black-boy/

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1063 on: April 19, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »

Bet Judge Strickland is having a beer, and thankful he is off of this case 

I bet it's stronger than a beer .... and it's single malt, ... as in Glenfiddich.  Or maybe a little Maker's Mark bourbon?     
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1064 on: April 19, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »

Only evil has come from the Anthony circus...everyone probably wants to run in the other direction from them...Judge Strickland will be able to have a peaceful sleep now, can you imagine the relief he feels.
I'm betting he is very relieved.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1065 on: April 19, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »

I know this totally from left field and so catty but I bet next court appearance will bring us the all dolled up defendant.  Who knows she may need to revive her "sexy librarian' look.  She will need to see if her girly-power still works.

She may even throw caution to the winds and shampoo her hair.  lol

" oh la di da do, I'm so pretty, me me me I love me"

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1066 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »

Yes, he is Ono, INDEED!

As far as Im concerned the defense just guaranteed their client's fate if  in fact the expected verdict is guilty.   When they found out who would be presiding they said RUT ROO already!   Damasses!

I certainly hope this replacement judge isn't squishy & 'touchy -- feely', doesn't legislate from the bench, doesn't curry favors, and ..... isn't 'best buds' with ye olde Mason .......  I am in hopes he follows the Law.

He does not to any of the above.   
Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. Re-Elected as Chief Judge
February 24, 2009

The Judges of the Ninth Judicial Circuit have unanimously elected the Honorable Belvin Perry, Jr. as Chief Judge for the term of July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2011.  By rule, a Chief Judge is chosen from among the circuit judges and county judges in each judicial circuit to carry out administrative responsibilities within the circuit.  This will be Judge Perry’s seventh term as Chief Judge of the Ninth Circuit, having served from 1995 to 1999 and again from 2001 to present.   Judge Perry received his Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law, a Masters Degree in Education from Tuskegee University and a Bachelor of Science Degree in History also from Tuskegee University.  Prior to taking the bench as a Circuit Judge in 1989, Judge Perry served as an Assistant State Attorney within the Ninth Circuit.  Along with currently serving as Chief Judge, Judge Perry also serves as the Chair of the Trial Court Budget Commission for the state court system. “I’m humbled and grateful for the confidence of my fellow judges in re-electing me to this position,” said Judge Perry, “The rough economic times we face in society have also brought new challenges to our circuit and the preservation of the rule of law.  As Chief Judge, I look forward to these challenges and the continued opportunity to ensure that an effective and efficient judicial system is maintained for the people of Central Florida.”    The Ninth Judicial Circuit serves Orange and Osceola Counties and is the third largest circuit in Florida.  Currently, there are 65 county and circuit judges serving in the Ninth Circuit.  http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/press_details.asp?id=152

Circuit Court Judge Relieved Of Duties
Posted: 5:01 pm EDT April 18, 2010
Updated: 10:17 pm EDT April 18, 2010

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. -- A Ninth Judicial Circuit Court judge based in Osceola County is off the bench after an order by Chief Judge Belvin Perry.
The administrative order relieved Judge James Turner of his duties on Friday. It’s not clear why the chief judge issued the order.
Last summer, the Judicial Qualifications Commission launched an investigation into Turner for allegedly making his political party affiliation known during his 2008 campaign. An attorney for Turner would not say much about the situation.
"Judge Perry's decision to relieve Judge Turner was not solely a result of this ongoing case," attorney Barry Rigby said.
A statement from Judge Turner said, "I support and understand Judge Perry's decision. I look forward to having these matters resolved as quickly as possible so I can return to the bench. I will face this situation with grace, honesty and courage."

As a sidebar issue:   I posted this the other day, apparently its not the first time "marinade for brains" commented on Florida judges http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2006/03/03/judge-belvin-perry-jr-little-black-boy/

Thanks Capp-- I am taking your word for it.   I see he went to Tuskegee !!!!!   A truly fine school!  I feel somewhat better now. [ I do like his looks--he looks like he is 'no nonsense' splashed with a sense of humour. ]
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1067 on: April 19, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

No Rose:

If you can't read files on your new computer, maybe you have to download adobe reader?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1068 on: April 19, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »

No prob Ono...Brandi & I were on the same wave length.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1069 on: April 19, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

No Rose:

If you can't read files on your new computer, maybe you have to download adobe reader?
Thank-you. Since I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers, I'm waiting for my daughter to come home and do that for me, so then I can read all this 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1070 on: April 19, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »

Now the question is how much longer will this case be dragged out? All of this is delay, delay.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1071 on: April 19, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »

He has 13 months to catch up.
Hopefully, he's following the case in the newspaper, so maybe it won't add additional delays on the court's part.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1072 on: April 19, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »

Now the question is how much longer will this case be dragged out? All of this is delay, delay.

The defense will use anything to cause delays & they will but this change of presiding judge will not make much of a significant difference.   I also do not think it will result in the new defense's motion to take the DP off the table will succeed either.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: April 19, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »

Bill Sheaffer.Analysis of Judge Stepping Down
http://www.wftv.com/video/23200720/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1074 on: April 19, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »

Judge Tells Killer He `Forfeited' Right To Life

John Huggins Was Again Sentenced To Die For Murdering 30-year-old Carla Larson In 1997.
September 20, 2002|By Anthony Colarossi, Sentinel Staff Writer

A circuit judge Thursday sentenced John Huggins to death for the 1997 murder of Orlando engineer Carla Larson, but the order comes as the Florida Supreme Court considers whether the state's capital-punishment laws are constitutional.

This is the second time Huggins has been given the death penalty for the same murder. He is thought to be the second person sentenced to die since executions were halted in July after a landmark ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in an Arizona case.

Still, Orange County Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry's sentence provided some closure for Larson's family. Her parents and husband have watched two trials held in different cities over three years for the case to reach a resolution.

"I think it's fair," Carla Larson's husband, Jim Larson, said after the sentencing. "I just wish it could be a little quicker. I'm not looking to hang this guy. I just don't want him walking around so he can hurt anybody else."

The victim's mother, Phyllis Thomas, began crying quietly and patted her eyes with a tissue after Perry told Huggins, "You have not only forfeited your right to live among us as a free man, but under the laws of the state of Florida, you have forfeited your right to live at all."

For Phyllis and Mert Thomas of Pompano Beach, the sentencing brought satisfaction and sorrow.

"It's not a happy day," Phyllis Thomas said. "But it's a relief. This is what we hoped for."

Huggins, 40, represented himself at the sentencing and showed no emotion throughout the proceeding, which lasted more than an hour.

In arguing against the death sentence, Huggins had listed several factors for the judge to consider, ranging from a difficult childhood to work he did serving sick children and poor people in Haiti. One of the factors listed said Huggins could "contribute to the prison community if given a sentence of life without parole."

Perry told Huggins he considered those factors but said they were "greatly" outweighed by five aggravating factors. Those included Huggins' prior felony record and the fact that Larson was kidnapped before she was killed. Perry also noted that jurors, who recommended the death penalty, unanimously found Larson's murder to be "especially heinous, atrocious or cruel."

"The horror, the agony, the emotional strain and fear she must have felt knowing of her impending death is beyond comprehension," Perry said.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1075 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »

Lebron Sentenced To Die
By Susan Jacobson of The Sentinel Staff | July 11, 1998

A court case that one juror called a match between good and evil culminated Friday in a death sentence for convicted murderer Jermaine LeBron.The mother of victim Larry Neal Oliver Jr. sobbed uncontrollably as Chief Orange-Osceola Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Jr., after a nearly hourlong review of the case, told LeBron he would die in Florida's electric chair.``It was the defendant who supplied the weapon which was used to kill the victim,'' Perry said.``It was the defendant who ordered the victim to the floor prior to him being shot.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:18 PM »

I am so saddened that our Stan the Man has stepped down.  I think the duhfense just shot themselves in the foot & will rue the day they filed that motion.

Thank you everyone for the updates & links (especially Trimm).   an angelic monkey

Capp posted an article earlier that Dave wrote about Judge Perry.  Here is another one:   

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/chief-judge-belvin-perry-jr-little-black-boy/

July 18, 2009

Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.  is the chief judge of the Ninth Judicial Circuit. As such, he is Judge Stan Strickland’s superior. Judge Jose Rodriguez’s, too. You remember him. He’s the presiding judge in the Zenaida Gonzalez defamation lawsuit case against Casey. As the Casey Anthony case moves closer to trial, you will most likely be hearing more about him. In March of 2006, I wrote and published an article about one of my experiences while working for an ad agency in Orlando. The following is a reprint of that post with a few minor changes. I still haven’t met Judge Perry, but I hope this gives you an insight into my years in this town, how I have grown as a person, and why I maintain a keen awareness and interest in the saga of Caylee Marie Anthony.
snipped.

(I don't think Judge Perry will be inviting Dave up to the bench for a chat)

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1077 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »

The defense will use anything to cause delays & they will but this change of presiding judge will not make much of a significant difference.   I also do not think it will result in the new defense's motion to take the DP off the table will succeed either.

I think it is going to make a LOT of difference. I have been reading the rulings from this judge and reading about some of his cases and it appears he is a NO NONSENSE judge who does not take well to court nonsense. He even voted to remove another judge from the bench.

Bozo is in for the ride of his life and if he tries to pull his shenanigans in this court he will most likely lose his license quick. I am betting he will be pulled off this case shortly.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1078 on: April 19, 2010, 08:29:20 PM »

I think it is going to make a LOT of difference. I have been reading the rulings from this judge and reading about some of his cases and it appears he is a NO NONSENSE judge who does not take well to court nonsense. He even voted to remove another judge from the bench.

Bozo is in for the ride of his life and if he tries to pull his shenanigans in this court he will most likely lose his license quick. I am betting he will be pulled off this case shortly.

From your lips to God's ears!   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1079 on: April 19, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »

Casey will get rid of Baez, and then there will be more delays, imo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.