April 26, 2024, 11:02:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277375 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1120 on: April 20, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-motion-20100419,0,6017904.story

Judge Stan Strickland is out, chief judge Belvin Perry is in.

By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel
5:04 p.m. EDT, April 19, 2010
os-casey-anthony-motion-20100419

The judge assigned to the Casey Anthony murder case is stepping down.

Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland issued an order this afternoon, excusing himself from the case.

This comes after the defense team asked the judge to disqualify himself because he had developed a "personal relationship" with a blogger who has been critical of Anthony.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry will take over the case.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. The 2-year-old's remains were found in December 2009 less than a mile from her family home in east Orange County. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

In motion filed Friday, the defense claims Strickland has developed a relationship with blogger Dave Knechel — known online as "Marinade Dave" — who has a "relentless pro-prosecution bias." At one point, Strickland learned Knechel was ill and telephoned him express his concern for the blogger's well-being.

Anthony fears she won't get a fair trial, according to the motion.

With Strickland's removal, the case will go back to the criminal division administrative judge who will re-assign the case to another judge.
The case was assigned to Strickland two years ago when Strickland was working the criminal court division. In January, he was moved to oversee civil cases but was asked to keep the Anthony criminal case.

Strickland — who joined the Florida Bar Association in 1984 — was once a workers' compensation claims judge before then-Gov. Lawton Chiles appointed him to be an Orange County judge in 1995. Three years, Chiles appointed him to be a circuit judge where Strickland has handled various caseloads, including domestic, juvenile criminal and civil.

In 2004, he served as the chair of the professionalism committee for the Orange County Bar Association.

He earned his undergraduate and master degrees from Florida State University. He received his law degree from Mercer University in 1984.

This story is breaking. Check back for updates.
This article contradicts itself.....I'm confused.
1st bolded says Chief Judge Perry will take over.2nd bolded says Chief Judge Perry will reassign the case to another Judge?   

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1121 on: April 20, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »

I hope the next Judge is the defense's worst nightmare. I love it when that happens.

I was thinking today, wouldn't it be funny if Strickland was just tired of all this crap
and did it on purpose... to catch a little break?

The Anthony family will go down in flames.... no matter which way they slice it up.

Not worried about it.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1122 on: April 20, 2010, 06:33:55 AM »

Bet Judge Strickland is having a beer, and thankful he is off of this case 

Oh yes.....I totally agree 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1123 on: April 20, 2010, 07:16:35 AM »

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212296735.shtml
Published: Apr 20, 2010
   Share This Article | Send Us A Tip | Site Search
Blogger Brief Pushes Casey Anthony Judge Out
by Staff
In a shocking turn of events, the judge assigned to the Casey Anthony child murder case has stepped down.

Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland stepped down from the case amidst accusations that Anthony would not get a fair trial because the judge had communicated with an online blogger about the case, reports the sun-sentinel.com.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. will now take over the case.

Casey Anthony lawyers had filed a motion late Friday afternoon asking the Judge Strickland to disqualify himself from the case because of a "personal relationship" he has with a blogger who has been critical of their client, says the report.

Strickland was clearly angry about the stunning motion, and admonished Anthony lawyers as he left.

The judge also noted that he did talk to the blogger in court - with a TV camera rolling, microphones on, and in front of the attorneys - months ago, and that all parties were aware of it.

Anthony, 24, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2008.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1124 on: April 20, 2010, 07:17:53 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony Defense files More Motions
04/20/10

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1125 on: April 20, 2010, 07:20:31 AM »

Judge Strickland Steps Down From Casey Anthony Case
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:23:12 AM
Reported by Amanda Evans and Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Judge Stan Strickland has recused himself from the Casey Anthony case. But it doesn't appear it was a move he was happy to make.

In the order, signed Monday, Strickland states until now, enjoying his work has never seemed to pose a problem.

The move comes after Anthony’s attorneys said Strickland had an inappropriate conversation with the man who blogs about the case.

Dave Knechel said the judge had noticed his writing and told him, in person, he thought his blog was fair.  That conversation took place in October.

Strickland said it wasn’t a secret meeting.  The conversation happened right after court ended, while cameras were still rolling, microphones were still open. Strickland called the conversation "unremarkable."

The judge added some sarcasm in his motion. He said the defense has known about his brief discussion with the blogger for many months, but only now has lost confidence in the court's ability to be fair and impartial.
Legal analyst Will Jay said if Strickland hadn't removed himself from the case, every motion could have been argued again, especially if Anthony is found guilty.

On the same day Strickland stepped down, the defense filed more motions, some regarding the death penalty.

One claimed gender bias. Another claimed prosecutors asked for the death penalty after learning how much money Anthony had for her defense.

Jay doesn't think the motions will go far.

"I expect the motion to be denied. Almost every death penalty motion challenged gets denied at the trial level,” Jay said. “But what they're doing is preserving and making it in their record because it's going to be on review for the next 15-20 years, however long if she gets a death sentence.”

Jay said any lawyer representing Anthony would have to file any motion they could because they are fighting for her life.

Strickland had a strong message for Anthony's defense attorneys.  He said their intent was to maximize exposure.

"At its core, defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned (judge Strickland) of being a "self-aggrandizing media hound" Indeed. The Irony is rich," Strickland wrote.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry will now rule over the case.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/19/judge_strickland_removes_self_from_casey_case.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1126 on: April 20, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23197786/detail.html
Judge Steps Down From Casey Anthony Case
Defense Questions Judge's Relationship With Blogger

POSTED: 3:24 pm EDT April 19, 2010
UPDATED: 6:42 am EDT April 20, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony succeeded in getting Judge Stan Strickland to remove himself from the case on Monday.

Anthony laughed at a joke made by Strickland during a court hearing in October, but what happened after that had the defense demanding Strickland step down from the case.

Online blogger Dave Knechel, who calls himself Marinade Dave, was at the hearing. He testified that Strickland had a court deputy call him to his hallway door where, according to Knechel, Strickland said, "Needless to say, I go on the Internet to read about this case. I must say that you have the best website regarding this case. You investigate and you are fair to everyone."

Knechel also said Strickland called him when he was sick.
"Any judge would want to be very careful about what they do in terms of how it's going to be perceived by others," Florida A&M University Law School professor LeRoy Pernell said.

Pernell wouldn't say if Strickland should recuse himself, but he said the relationship with the blogger was questionable, and Strickland removed himself from the case on Monday evening.

"Particularly a judge in a high-profile case has to always consider the impact of what they say or do, whether it's intentional or not," Pernell said.

One of Knechel's blogs reads, "Casey Anthony Must Die." He also posted a poem about the October encounter. In part it reads, "The judge then said I'm impressed, and Dave was thinking I feel blessed."

The Anthony defense called it just some of the growing proof that Strickland was biased, and said that Anthony wouldn't get a fair trial because of Strickland's relationship with Knechel.

"Our concern is that the judge, by his actions, has validated this blogger, who has labeled (Casey Anthony) guilty and called for her to die," defense attorney Cheney Mason said.

Strickland said that no one on Anthony's defense team gave him a copy of the motion when it was filed.

Chief Judge Belivin Perry will replace Strickland.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1127 on: April 20, 2010, 07:27:27 AM »

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/19/ijvm.01.html
Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell
Transcripts 04/19/10

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1128 on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »

I hope that Judge Perry puts these idiots in their place on the first court date! Hopefully he won't put up with Bozo's theatrics...I can not wait till the day Casey Ho is found guilty and sentenced...I don't care at this point if she gets the dp or life in prison...I just want her and her family to hear the word Guilty! and for her to never have her freedom again...jmo..

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1129 on: April 20, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »

And wouldn't you know, marinadedave has a blog post about Judge Belvin Perry dated March 3, 2006 :

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2006/03/03/judge-belvin-perry-jr-little-black-boy/

Oh for the love of GOD..would someone please assist marinadedave in stepping away from the computer and turning the dam* thing off.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1130 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »

I hope that Judge Perry puts these idiots in their place on the first court date! Hopefully he won't put up with Bozo's theatrics...I can not wait till the day Casey Ho is found guilty and sentenced...I don't care at this point if she gets the dp or life in prison...I just want her and her family to hear the word Guilty! and for her to never have her freedom again...jmo..

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1131 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »

Hope this helps:
Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.
Judicial Assignments
2001-2010 Chief Judge, Ninth Judicial Circuit
1999-2001 Circuit Judge, Orange County Civil
1995-1999 Chief Judge, Ninth Judicial Circuit
1992-1995 Circuit Judge, Orange County Criminal
1991 Administrative Circuit Judge, Osceola County
1989-1990 Circuit Judge, Osceola County
Education
Juris Doctor: Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University (1977)
Masters of Education Degree: Tuskegee University (1974)
Bachelor of Science Degree, History: Tuskegee University (1972)
Professional Activities
Chair, Trial Court Budget Commission
Member, Texas Bar Association
Member, Orange County Bar Association
Member, The Florida Bar

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1132 on: April 20, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »

www.cayleedaily.com  4,831,560 hits 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1133 on: April 20, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »

I hope the next Judge is the defense's worst nightmare. I love it when that happens.

I was thinking today, wouldn't it be funny if Strickland was just tired of all this crap
and did it on purpose... to catch a little break?

The Anthony family will go down in flames.... no matter which way they slice it up.

Not worried about it.

I think so too Carpe.        

~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1134 on: April 20, 2010, 09:19:01 AM »

Hope this helps:
Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.
Judicial Assignments
2001-2010 Chief Judge, Ninth Judicial Circuit
1999-2001 Circuit Judge, Orange County Civil
1995-1999 Chief Judge, Ninth Judicial Circuit
1992-1995 Circuit Judge, Orange County Criminal
1991 Administrative Circuit Judge, Osceola County
1989-1990 Circuit Judge, Osceola County
Education
Juris Doctor: Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University (1977)
Masters of Education Degree: Tuskegee University (1974)
Bachelor of Science Degree, History: Tuskegee University (1972)
Professional Activities
Chair, Trial Court Budget Commission
Member, Texas Bar Association
Member, Orange County Bar Association
Member, The Florida Bar

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1135 on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:31 AM »

Bill Sheaffer.Analysis of Judge Stepping Down
http://www.wftv.com/video/23200720/index.html

Good Morning Monks!  trim thanks for all the posts. What Mr. Shaeffer says here regarding Judge Perry's reputation for being a no nonsense judge and will not put up with any antics in his court room...is exactly what other ATTORNEY'S I have spoken with said.  In the end, the DUHfence has probably shot it's self in the foot. I was also told to expect a lot more motions from the DUHfence...........

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1136 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »

Does anyone have an E-mail address for Judge Strickland?  I would really like to tell him how much I admire him and his class-act.  TIA
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1137 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:07 AM »

I am so saddened that our Stan the Man has stepped down.  I think the duhfense just shot themselves in the foot & will rue the day they filed that motion.

Thank you everyone for the updates & links (especially Trimm).   an angelic monkey

Capp posted an article earlier that Dave wrote about Judge Perry.  Here is another one:   

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/chief-judge-belvin-perry-jr-little-black-boy/

July 18, 2009

Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.  is the chief judge of the Ninth Judicial Circuit. As such, he is Judge Stan Strickland’s superior. Judge Jose Rodriguez’s, too. You remember him. He’s the presiding judge in the Zenaida Gonzalez defamation lawsuit case against Casey. As the Casey Anthony case moves closer to trial, you will most likely be hearing more about him. In March of 2006, I wrote and published an article about one of my experiences while working for an ad agency in Orlando. The following is a reprint of that post with a few minor changes. I still haven’t met Judge Perry, but I hope this gives you an insight into my years in this town, how I have grown as a person, and why I maintain a keen awareness and interest in the saga of Caylee Marie Anthony.
snipped.

(I don't think Judge Perry will be inviting Dave up to the bench for a chat)

hi cece.....I think you are correct!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1138 on: April 20, 2010, 09:30:13 AM »

The defense will use anything to cause delays & they will but this change of presiding judge will not make much of a significant difference.   I also do not think it will result in the new defense's motion to take the DP off the table will succeed either.

I think it is going to make a LOT of difference. I have been reading the rulings from this judge and reading about some of his cases and it appears he is a NO NONSENSE judge who does not take well to court nonsense. He even voted to remove another judge from the bench.

Bozo is in for the ride of his life and if he tries to pull his shenanigans in this court he will most likely lose his license quick. I am betting he will be pulled off this case shortly.
[/quote]

Good Morning Turbo! I like JS but I have voiced my opinion time and time again that he was too nice, too lenient, that I wished me would get tough. Well he didn't, but from all I have read and been told Perry will do just what I had hoped for.

PS I was also told by an attorney friend, married to a judge.......that her husband said IHO........Perry is going to make the DUHfence wish JS was back on the bench.

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1139 on: April 20, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »

I hate going into conspiracies, because for me it is a no win situation, but I have a nagging thought that Mr Dave was helping the defense get rid of Judge Strickland. Time will tell, and if that is true, we will hear about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.