April 19, 2024, 05:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 276887 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1320 on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »

a post from marinadebrain to no-brain...a match made in heaven!!

Marinade Dave  // April 20, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Thank you, joyangels)joy. I am deleting your comments, but this is interesting. DiD179 is aware I have gotten death threats. This has taken a giant step. I am going to delete your comments to keep this info out.

Color me stupid---but I don't believe for a minute that he's actually received legitimate death threats.   
neither do I...I can see things like I'd love to stomp your face in, kick the chit outta you, beat the crap outta you..............but real death threats?????  He is not that important except in his own mind

This reminds me of all those so-called "protesters" creating endless insane disturbances on Hopespring---IMO, 3/4ths of all that hullabaloo was staged, IMO.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1321 on: April 20, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-belvin-perry-20100420,0,6995120.story
Advice for Casey Anthony attorneys: Be prepared and have no excuses for new judge
Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry is known for keeping cases on track and holding lawyers’ feet to the fire.
 By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel

8:25 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2010
In more than decade as a chief judge, Bevin Perry developed a reputation well-suited for the drama that is the Casey Anthony case — efficient and no-nonsense.

In style and practice, his court rooms are dramatically different than those of Stan Strickland, a laid-back jurist who prefers friendly informality.

It's possible the tenor of Orlando's high-profile murder case changed dramatically on Monday when Stickland disqualified himself after nearly two years of minding its docket and Perry assumed control.

The transition from Strickland to Perry represents an on-the-ground adjustment that attorneys in the Casey Anthony case must make.

"It's going to be a different working environment for the attorneys," Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis said. "The quality of justice won't change . . . [but] the stress on the attorneys may be ratcheted up."

The public and the media have yet to see prosecutors and Anthony's defense team together before Perry, a 60-year-old veteran of high-profile cases and the cameras that come with them.

The next status hearing — a date is not yet set — will be Perry's introduction overseeing a case that has drawn international attention since it began two years ago.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who remains in the Orange County Jail.

A court spokeswoman said Perry is already in the process reading the Anthony court files. He declined multiple media requests for interviews.

The Anthony case landed on Strickland's docket in July 2008 when Casey Anthony was arrested on charges of child neglect and lying to deputy sheriffs.

It was a circus from the beginning: Anthony's daughter was still classified as missing, and the search for Caylee drew national network attention.

In court, Strickland, as is his custom, gave attorneys on both sides ample time to speak their minds. He tolerated squabbling with a calm temperament.
This, local attorneys said, is not the way of Belvin Perry.

No patience for bickering

In his second stretch as Orange Circuit chief judge, Perry likes to-the-point conversations and has little patience for bickering.

The constant sniping between Anthony attorney José Baez and Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton will end, attorneys say.

"I don't think there is going to be a lot of extra patience, Tennis said. "The arguing back and forth between the lawyers is not going to happen anymore."

He has a reputation for keeping cases on track. Attorneys who know him say he'll likely set a timeline with strict deadlines for various details, such as witness depositions.

"He's direct. He's efficient. He's not interested in, or affected by, publicity," long-time Orlando defense attorney Kelly Sims said. "He's funny and engaging off the bench, but he's absolutely no-nonsense on the bench."

He also holds attorneys accountable.

"There are no excuses for not meeting deadlines and not being prepared," said Orlando defense attorney Andrea Black, who has tried murder cases in front both judges Black.

A Jones High School graduate, Perry earned a degree from Tuskegee University, where he also earned his master's in education. His law degree is from Texas Southern University.

He started out as a prosecutor and became a judge in 1989. His colleagues first elected him to chief judge in 1995. He took two years off and then was re-elected as chief judge in 2001. He has held the position since then.

Perry survived sex scandal
It speaks to Perry's reputation that he regained his status following a sex scandal that nearly derailed his career.

In 1998, he acknowledged a seven-year affair with former deputy court administrator Janis Williamson. She was fired a year earlier and filed a discrimination complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Perry publicly apologized for the affair but said Williamson's firing had nothing to do with their relationship. She settled her complaint in 1999 for $65,000.

As chief judge, Perry doesn't carry a regular case load and handles the assignment of judges. He isn't assigned cases as other judges are.

He often takes cases that are difficult and often ends up with those for which other judges (or their schedules) aren't suited, such as a death-penalty case or ones that are more time consuming. Perry has handled a slew of murder trials and more than a few death-penalty cases.

After Orange Circuit Court Bob Wattles died earlier this year, Perry took over a death penalty case that was being handled by Wattles. Convicted killer David Johnston had won an appeal for a hearing to determine if he was mentally challenged. Last month, Perry ruled Johnston was not mentally challenged and can be executed by the state.

Perry also has other duties in the legal system. He's chairman of the state's trial court budget commission, which lobbies in Tallahassee and looks for money to support courts.

‘He will move that case along'

On Tuesday, Perry's first day with the Anthony case on his plate, he was in Tallahassee fighting for funding, a court spokeswoman said.

Perry caught the Anthony case after her defense accused Strickland of developing a "personal relationship" with a blogger who has been critical of its client. In a harshly-worded order on Monday, Strickland stepped off the case.

"We have always been confident of Judge Strickland's abilities and his neutrality. We are equally confident of Judge Belvin Perry's abilities, his very professional demeanor and sound judgment," State Attorney's Office spokesman Randy Means said.
Despite winning the motion about Strickland, the defense had no reaction to the judge change.

"Casey Anthony maintains her innocence and looks forward to her day in court," defense spokeswoman Liz Brown said.

Yet the defense's effort to seek a different judge has left some defense attorneys scratching their heads. If this is part of a bigger strategy, they don't see it.

"I think they will be very sorry that they recused Judge Strickland and now have Judge Perry," Black said. "He will move that case along."

Sarah Lundy can be reached at slundy@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1322 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »

Betcha we won't be having to endure bozo's agonizing presentations very much anymore. In a courtroom that demands competence...buhbye JB.  He's a dolt.  What we will prolly get a whole lot of is Charmy Mason.    Hopefully his Foghorn Leghorn routine will get the ax and same with Lyons' cuddle fests.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1323 on: April 20, 2010, 09:20:52 PM »

Betcha we won't be having to endure bozo's agonizing presentations very much anymore. In a courtroom that demands competence...buhbye JB.  He's a dolt.  What we will prolly get a whole lot of is Charmy Mason.    Hopefully his Foghorn Leghorn routine will get the ax and same with Lyons' cuddle fests.

LOL---What a pair they will make!   
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1324 on: April 20, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »

Dam dam dam, foghorn, chicken hawk and Ursula, just great now

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1325 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »

Dam dam dam, foghorn, chicken hawk and Ursula, just great now ...it posted before I was done....

I cant watch cartoons without getting nauseous over this case

Mason/Bozo/Lyons

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1326 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »

Yeah!    I'm trying not to get too excited but if the new judge is as professional as it sounds and runs his courtroom like it's supposed to be, watching this play out will be so different.  What has been allowed so far is mind blowing. JB has gotten  assists from JS during hearings , if JB thinks that that is the norm and all judges are going to help him choose words, not question why they're not prepared etc, he's nuts.   Maybe they're not the least bit worried, confident in CM's experience?    Wonder how long it takes a judge to get up to speed with the case?
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1327 on: April 20, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »

Dam dam dam, foghorn, chicken hawk and Ursula, just great now ...it posted before I was done....

Mason/Bozo/Lyons

Perfect!    That's funny.    I think a lot of people didn't understand who Foghorn Leghorn is. ( he's a  legend in my cartoon hall of fame, right up there with another fav, Pepe La Pew!)
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1328 on: April 20, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »

a post from marinadebrain to no-brain...a match made in heaven!!

Marinade Dave  // April 20, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Thank you, joyangels)joy. I am deleting your comments, but this is interesting. DiD179 is aware I have gotten death threats. This has taken a giant step. I am going to delete your comments to keep this info out.

Color me stupid---but I don't believe for a minute that he's actually received legitimate death threats.   

I don't either !! In my opinion, NO ONE cares enough about him to even bother.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1329 on: April 20, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »

Mason/Bozo/Lyons

Hahaha!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1330 on: April 20, 2010, 09:55:01 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23211421/detail.html

Analysis: New Casey Judge “Sets Tone Of Authority”

Posted: 5:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010Updated: 6:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- WFTV went digging into past cases and found the judge who's now presiding over the Casey Anthony case has a great track record when it comes to appeals. Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case Monday.

Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.

Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record

“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).

Chief Judge Perry gets the tough ones. He's taken over the Casey Anthony murder case 20 months into it. There are almost 14,000 pages worth of evidence so far.

Perry took over the case involving a homeless man's murder after another judge allowed the suspect to get out of jail on bond. He's heard numerous death penalty cases. Last year, he sent two young men to prison for the rest of their lives for murdering Orlando police officer Al Gordon.

Perry, a former prosecutor and the son of an Orlando police officer, is respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys and, Sheaffer said, Perry's no-nonsense approach could change the tone of Casey's case.

“He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer expects Judge Perry to tighten up the proceedings. He remembers Perry once cutting off a wordy lawyer in court by saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”

Subtle humor, but Perry made his point.
(snipped)
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1331 on: April 20, 2010, 10:51:23 PM »

I am loving Judge Perry already.

I just pray that he will allow the cameras to remain in the courtroom.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1332 on: April 20, 2010, 11:41:26 PM »

Me too.    On one hand I would be thrilled that team crazy would lose their showcase but on the other hand we couldn't see what was going on. I'd hate to only have those ugly pencil drawings of people in court!     
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1333 on: April 21, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »

Me too!

And I pray (I am not a prayer) that he does allow cams in the courtroom as well.

I'd miss that way too much of he disallowed them.

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1334 on: April 21, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »

Um...does anyone other than myself feel that this wasn't what the duh!fense wanted or intended?
Who, in their right minds, would run the risk of losing the best, most sympathetic judge one could imagine when you know you could get Judge Perry as a replacement.
I guess they assumed that Stan the man has as big an ego as  they have so they filed another Bozomotion, never for one moment did they expect he would actually recuse himself.  ...what are they going to do now? talk about digging ones own grave, or in this case Muffin's.
I imagine Judge Strickland has dodged a bullet and much like Forrest Gump did, has gained his freedom...Run Stan run....

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1335 on: April 21, 2010, 12:41:10 AM »

omg. tooo  funny!!!!

Mason/Bozo/Lyons

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1336 on: April 21, 2010, 12:43:51 AM »

Um...does anyone other than myself feel that this wasn't what the duh!fense wanted or intended?
Who, in their right minds, would run the risk of losing the best, most sympathetic judge one could imagine when you know you could get Judge Perry as a replacement.
I guess they assumed that Stan the man has as big an ego as  they have so they filed another Bozomotion, never for one moment did they expect he would actually recuse himself.  ...what are they going to do now? talk about digging ones own grave, or in this case Muffin's.
I imagine Judge Strickland has dodged a bullet and much like Forrest Gump did, has gained his freedom...Run Stan run....

LOL! You know why I think that this happened? Because little Miss I'm a Hot Inmate didn't think judge strickland found her attractive. LMAO
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1337 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:15 AM »

LOL! You know why I think that this happened? Because little Miss I'm a Hot Inmate didn't think judge strickland found her attractive. LMAO

It sometimes feels like she is running the show doesn't it ? Like just maybe Bozo doesn't have a choice and Muffin has something on him like......Um...perhaps the muffin man has been over friendly with his Muffin.
I have no doubt she was somewhat pi$$ed that Judge Stan was less than impressed by her charms.  Monkey Devil!

khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1338 on: April 21, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »

It sometimes feels like she is running the show doesn't it ? Like just maybe Bozo doesn't have a choice and Muffin has something on him like......Um...perhaps the muffin man has been over friendly with his Muffin.
I have no doubt she was somewhat pi$$ed that Judge Stan was less than impressed by her charms.  Monkey Devil!

You remember how when she was out on house arrest she would go and stay w/ him in his office for hours and hours every day? You know that girl lets anything hit her.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1339 on: April 21, 2010, 01:49:14 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-belvin-perry-20100420,0,6995120.story

Advice for Casey Anthony attorneys: Be prepared and have no excuses for new judge
Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry is known for keeping cases on track and holding lawyers’ feet to the fire.

By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel

8:25 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2010

In more than decade as a chief judge, Belvin Perry developed a reputation well-suited for the drama that is the Casey Anthony case — efficient and no-nonsense.

In style and practice, his courtrooms are dramatically different than those of Stan Strickland, a laid-back jurist who prefers friendly informality.

It's possible the tenor of Orlando's high-profile murder case changed dramatically on Monday when Strickland disqualified himself after nearly two years of minding its docket and Perry assumed control.

The transition from Strickland to Perry represents an on-the-ground adjustment that attorneys in the Casey Anthony case must make.

"It's going to be a different working environment for the attorneys," Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis said. "The quality of justice won't change . . . [but] the stress on the attorneys may be ratcheted up."

The public and the media have yet to see prosecutors and Anthony's defense team together before Perry, a 60-year-old veteran of high-profile cases and the cameras that come with them.

The next status hearing — a date is not yet set — will be Perry's introduction overseeing a case that has drawn international attention since it began two years ago.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who remains in the Orange County Jail.

A court spokeswoman said Perry is already in the process reading the Anthony court files. He declined multiple media requests for interviews.

The Anthony case landed on Strickland's docket in July 2008 when Casey Anthony was arrested on charges of child neglect and lying to deputy sheriffs.

It was a circus from the beginning: Anthony's daughter was still classified as missing, and the search for Caylee drew national network attention.

In court, Strickland, as is his custom, gave attorneys on both sides ample time to speak their minds. He tolerated squabbling with a calm temperament.

This, local attorneys said, is not the way of Belvin Perry.

No patience for bickering

In his second stretch as Orange Circuit chief judge, Perry likes to-the-point conversations and has little patience for bickering.

The constant sniping between Anthony attorney José Baez and Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton will end, attorneys say.

"I don't think there is going to be a lot of extra patience, Tennis said. "The arguing back and forth between the lawyers is not going to happen anymore."
(snipped)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.