April 25, 2024, 10:28:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277352 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1360 on: April 21, 2010, 11:15:46 AM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Strickland Bows Out, Perry to Preside over the Murder Trial of Casey Anthony
Thanks, she is my favorite 

So well written.  I'm glad she featured Judge Strickland's recusal motion---he eloquently & pithily summed everything up so beautifully.   
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1361 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »

I needed a good laugh this morning and got it.....this is from WS, from a post where someone was relating a radio interview with marinadebranin........

He's getting death threats, especially from women. They think he was responsible for taking down a judge.

Ok all you bad azzed women you stop picking on marinadebrain! 

Ok. I'm at work and I justed started cracking up after reading that!
Yes, ladies...No threatening marinade brain!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1362 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:12 AM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Strickland Bows Out, Perry to Preside over the Murder Trial of Casey Anthony

well written blog!! 

re: While amusing to read, it is obvious Judge Strickland was not overly impressed by the antics of Casey's latest "boy", J. Cheney Mason! I've talked with my friends about what the tight boots might mean and we have differing opinions. I'm sure Mr. Mason understands exactly what the judge meant.

I hadn't a clue about what the reference to tight boots meant....now tight underwear, that I would have gotten Monkey Devil!  So I found this below!!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=507681472&blogId=532906448

Per Chris, BB12: Court fears that this statement may have merely been the product of an active imagination and tight boots.....................LIES............LIES..............tight boots cut off circulations to the brain..........

BB Blogger     
Wellerisms in "Alexander's Weekly Messenger", 1837-1839
But it was not alone Dickens' book which made this type of proverb known, ... "
Come on"-as the man said to the tight boot.

TIGHT BOOTS is a PROVERB

Love it!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1363 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with the prosecutors this morning as they recover from the painful side-stitches they've had to endure as they laughed themselves silly over the announcement of Judge Perry taking over the case.  May the soreness leave you soon and may you be able to hold back the laughter as you face the circus act in front of Judge Perry for the first time.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1364 on: April 21, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »

Monkey Devil!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: April 21, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/news/local/story/New-Casey-Anthony-judge-will-lower-hammer-on/rQPcLDefqk2LdveaqF4qfg.cspx
New Casey Anthony judge will lower hammer on proceedings, experts say
Reported by: Cary Williams

Email: cwilliams@abcactionnews.com
Last Update: 11:38 am
ORANGE COUNTY, FL -- When Casey Anthony's attorneys asked Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to remove himself from Casey Anthony's murder trial, they likely set themselves up for a much tougher go, according to legal analysts.

On Monday, Strickland granted a motion filed by Casey's attorneys asking that he recuse himself. Casey's defense team argued that comments the judge made to a blogger showed he was prejudiced against Anthony.

Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over the high-profile case.  He has been Chief Judge for nearly 13 years and has sat on the bench in central Florida for 21 years.

Perry is known as a no-nonsense, brass tacks kind of judge.  This differs greatly from Strickland, who is viewed as a more laid-back, congenial jurist.

In ten years of hearing criminal cases, including murder trials, only one of Perry's ruling have been overturned by a higher court.
The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” legal analyst Bill Sheaffer told Orlando station WFTV.

In one courtroom exchange, Sheaffer recalls Perry cutting off a verbose lawyer saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”

In contrast, a somewhat informal Judge Strickland typically gave attorneys plenty of time to express their views and argue with each other.

"The arguing back and forth between the lawyers is not going to happen anymore," defense attorney Diana Tennis told the Orlando Sentinel.

Judge Perry will most certainly run a tight ship. “He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Bill Sheaffer said.

In his decision to recuse himself, Judge Strickland denied doing anything wrong. But he said he was removing himself from the case because Anthony's attorneys likely would allege bias each time he ruled against their motions.

"At its core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a 'self-aggrandizing media hound,"' Strickland wrote in his decision. "Indeed. The irony is rich."

Casey has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee Anthony. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, six months after she was reported missing.
Casey's trial is set for  May 2011.

A spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office in Orlando said the recusal decision was between the judge and Anthony's attorneys.

"The state does not have a role in the decision," said Danielle Tavernier.

Anthony's attorneys asked for Strickland to remove himself after a defense investigator interviewed Dave Knechel, a blogger known as "Marinade Dave," who has written about the Anthony case. The blogger said that the judge called him to the bench after a pretrial hearing last October to praise his coverage. Knechel also claimed that the judge called him last February to wish him well after he was hospitalized for a few days.

Defense attorneys claim Knechel's coverage was critical of Anthony.

In his decision, Strickland said he had begun reading blogs about the case to help him decide on whether the trial should be moved out of Orlando because of the excessive media coverage.

Defense attorneys have asked for a change of venue but no ruling has been made on the request.

The next courtroom chapter in the case is a status hearing.  No date has been set.  It will be the first glimpse of Judge Perry in a case that continues to generate attention worldwide.

Cin-cin,it's Hammer Time!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1366 on: April 21, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

KityMom,that was too funny!     

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1367 on: April 21, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »

Hey Muffy!   

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: April 21, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with the prosecutors this morning as they recover from the painful side-stitches they've had to endure as they laughed themselves silly over the announcement of Judge Perry taking over the case.  May the soreness leave you soon and may you be able to hold back the laughter as you face the circus act in front of Judge Perry for the first time.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1369 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »

KityMom,that was too funny!     

Funny and probably not far from the truth.  I can't wait for the next court date.  The tension from the defense will be thick, imo.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1370 on: April 21, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/news/local/story/New-Casey-Anthony-judge-will-lower-hammer-on/rQPcLDefqk2LdveaqF4qfg.cspx
SNIPED

Be careful what you ask for!

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »

SNIPED

Be careful what you ask for!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1372 on: April 21, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: April 21, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »

this is from WS

AZLawyer asked me to post this order in this thread because it answers some questions asked earlier in the thread about cameras in the courtroom

Here's an administrative order by Judge Perry pertaining to special procedures and media in high profile cases:

AMENDED ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER GOVERNING PROCEEDINGS OF GENERAL MEDIA INTEREST AND PROCEDURES FOR SPECIAL INTEREST/HIGH PROFILE PROCEEDINGS

Is this a sneak peek at how Judge Perry will run his courtroom? I sure hope so ...

It starts off:

(a) All representatives of the media must exhibit media credentials at all times.
(b) All representatives of the media must read this Administrative Order and Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.450 governing technological coverage of judicial proceedings.
(c) All representatives of the media must exhibit proper courtroom decorum, dress appropriately, no eating or gum chewing, and place pagers and cell phones in silent mode.

this specifically refers to  media however my guess is that it pertains to anyone in his court room!!

so these in a water bottle yeehaw!!

thank Klaas for my margarita...........

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1374 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:51 PM »

LMAO!!!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1375 on: April 21, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »

I needed a good laugh this morning and got it.....this is from WS, from a post where someone was relating a radio interview with marinadebranin........

He's getting death threats, especially from women. They think he was responsible for taking down a judge.

Ok all you bad azzed women you stop picking on marinadebrain! 

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1376 on: April 21, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »

this is from WS

AZLawyer asked me to post this order in this thread because it answers some questions asked earlier in the thread about cameras in the courtroom

Here's an administrative order by Judge Perry pertaining to special procedures and media in high profile cases:

AMENDED ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER GOVERNING PROCEEDINGS OF GENERAL MEDIA INTEREST AND PROCEDURES FOR SPECIAL INTEREST/HIGH PROFILE PROCEEDINGS

Is this a sneak peek at how Judge Perry will run his courtroom? I sure hope so ...

It starts off:

(a) All representatives of the media must exhibit media credentials at all times.
(b) All representatives of the media must read this Administrative Order and Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.450 governing technological coverage of judicial proceedings.
(c) All representatives of the media must exhibit proper courtroom decorum, dress appropriately, no eating or gum chewing, and place pagers and cell phones in silent mode.

this specifically refers to  media however my guess is that it pertains to anyone in his court room!!

I wonder if Marinade Man will be at the next hearing? ;  Would he have to show media credentials of any sort now?  Did he before?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1377 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »

Since Perry appointed Strickland, I'm sure Perry was "aware" of all that was going on with that whole defense group. 

When the defense wanted Strickland out, I'm sure Strickland and Perry discussed it.

Best thing ever was Perry decided to take the case himself.

I would not put it past the defense to have assumed they would get another judge and maybe even pull that same trick again.

However, with Perry stepping up to the plate...that won't happen...the best part is that the defense has messed in their own mess kit.  HA HA HA HA HA HA   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: April 21, 2010, 02:54:33 PM »

Caylee's right as a victim.  what are they exactly...this bothers me a lot, as there seems to be no family member who is standing up for her rights as there usually is in a murder case. I have searched the  Internet and have no been able to come up with an answer. So I am going to ask some attorneys and see if they can help me. I know the State, God Bless them, are her advocates for Justice...and I do not mean to demean their part at all........but she was a juvenile and in many juvenile cases there is a guardian ad litem...it just seems to me, and this might just be emotional on my part that there should be someone who can stand up and say I represent Caylee.....I

Rest in Peace Caylee

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1379 on: April 21, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

this is from WS

It starts off:

Oooohh! I love the margarita monkey.  Thanks!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.