April 26, 2024, 11:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277376 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1520 on: April 22, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »

I think I'm gonna really like this new judge.....

Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23234284/detail.html

Is there any hope that the "no chewing gum" would be applied to Cindy?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1521 on: April 22, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest!

I think I am going to love me some Judge Perry. I don't think he is going to put up with Bozo's little jabs at the SA's. And only one counsel member can examine or cross examine a witness. So if Bozo is doing the talking, no one can take over for him when he screws up big time.
I was wishing for a no touching client in there also.

That reminds me of an old Bill Cosby comedy skit "Brain damage"" when a parent gets frustrated with children for fighting with each other "well, she's touching me"   "she touched me first" and the parent exclaims "There will be no touching in this house, so long as you live."    Added for a few moments of comic relief:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qyMSc97UksM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qyMSc97UksM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1522 on: April 22, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »

Yes

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1523 on: April 22, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »

Yes

Yippeeee!! 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1524 on: April 22, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »

hi N2....me too........I think he is gonna kick azz!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1525 on: April 22, 2010, 06:41:42 PM »

I don't want to hit his noggin, I want to hit him smack in that smirking face of his. Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1526 on: April 22, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

hi N2....me too........I think he is gonna kick azz!

And it's about time some a$$ got kicked in that courtroom...
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: April 22, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »

I was wondering privately if the DUHfence could pull this stunt again to Judge Perry....

I was able to find an answer and thought I'd share it in case anyone else wondered.

https://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/F854D695BA7136B085257316005E7DE7/$FILE/Judicial.pdf?OpenElement

RULE 2.330. DISQUALIFICATION OF TRIAL JUDGES Pg. 38

(g) Determination — Successive Motions. If a judge has been previously disqualified on motion for alleged prejudice or partiality under subdivision (d)(1), a successor judge shall not be disqualified based on a successive motion by the same party unless the successor judge rules that he or she is in fact not fair or impartial in the case. Such a successor judge may rule on the truth of the facts alleged in support of the motion.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1528 on: April 22, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »

Capp:
     O/T but can you tell me how to embed these HD videos from  U tube? I've been going crazy trying to understand what to do.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1529 on: April 22, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-is-new-judges-order-the-clampdown.html
Casey Anthony: Is new judge’s order ‘the clampdown’?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on April, 22 2010 6:38 PM
Discuss This: Comments(14) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Have we entered a new era in the Casey Anthony case?

Chief Judge Belvin Perry’s order for a case-management hearing was studied for what it means. The hearing will be April 30. Perry this week took over the case from Judge Stan Strickland, who stepped down.

“I’m going to call it [the order] the clampdown,” Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis told WOFL-Channel 35.

WOFL’s Holly Bristow said Perry’s order means “there is going to be no drama in my courtroom, come prepared because we’re going to be getting down to business and moving this case along.”

Tennis said the order was directed at the state and the defense. “They won’t be able to squabble as they have in the past,” she said.

Tennis said it was a special order for a special case and sent the message that Perry “is going to put this thing on a tight leash.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Bob Opsahl said at the hearing Perry will “discuss his expectations for everyone involved.” In his order, Perry “attached the courtroom decorum policy and reminded the attorneys involved to follow all the rules all the time,” Opsahl added.

WESH-Channel 2 anchor Jim Payne said Perry “reminded the attorneys that it’s their responsibility to keep the case moving as quickly as possible.”

WKMG-Channel 6 anchor Lauren Rowe said the hearing was “an opportunity to call all the attorneys together to make sure the new judge has all of the information he needs so he can get up to speed on the case.”

In a report, WESH’s  Bob Kealing explained that it’s up to  the jury to recommend death in the case – and that recommendation requires seven of the 12 jurors’ votes.
“Then it’s up to the judge to pass the sentence, life or death,” Kealing said. “Several attorneys we spoke with said judges, only in the rarest of circumstances, will overturn a jury’s recommendation for life. So that life-death question really is in their hands.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1530 on: April 22, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23237253/detail.html
Perry Sets No-Nonsense Agenda In Anthony Trial
Attorney: Up To Jury To Recommend Death Penalty

POSTED: 6:09 pm EDT April 22, 2010
UPDATED: 6:53 pm EDT April 22, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
In his first move in the Casey Anthony murder trial, Chief Judge Belvin Perry is setting a no-nonsense agenda.

Perry scheduled a case management hearing for a week from Friday. He also reminded attorneys that it's their responsibility to keep the case moving as quickly as possible.

In his order, Perry said attorneys are expected to follow the rules of courtroom decorum at all times. His appointment has renewed talk about whether he would be more likely to sentence Anthony to death if she's convicted.

Under Florida law, it's up to the jury to make the life or death recommendation.

"The jury can say what they want to, but isn't it the judge who has the final decision?" asked Orlando resident Tim McClosky.

McClosky is like many people. He said he knows Florida has the death penalty, but he's not sure how the system works. If Anthony is convicted, it will be up to 12 people like McClosky to make the call.
"You definitely don't want to make the wrong decision," he said. "I don't know if I could do it, quite honestly."

"It's all up to the jury in the sense that only the jury can recommend death," said former prosecutor Tom Luka.

If Anthony is found guilty in what's called the "penalty phase," Luka, who is now a defense attorney, said it would be the jury's job to weigh the amount of aggravating evidence in the crime versus what mitigating factors Anthony's defense presents.

"Normally the biggest mitigation is the remorse factor," Luka said.

He said, ultimately, it's still up to the judge to make the decision between life and death.

Several attorneys said judges in only the rarest of circumstances overturn a jury recommendation for life, so that life-or-death question really is in their hands. Also, a death recommendation only requires seven of 12 jurors to vote for it, attorneys said.

~ Peter Frampton
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1531 on: April 22, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »

I can't wait for the 30th to watch this courtroom. I can see Cindy thinking that the
gum chewing does not apply to her. The notice for court decorum is dated Apr 1/2003
maybe that was the year it was put into affect in Judge Perry's court room. I wonder
if Bozo was told last week about Casey being in charge of the Mic they took it away
remember. I feel really bad for Judge Strickland he is a very good judge and a very
descent person, but Bozo wouldn't know anything about that. Next Friday should be a
eye opener.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: April 22, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »

Capp:
     O/T but can you tell me how to embed these HD videos from  U tube? I've been going crazy trying to understand what to do.

Click on the embed button you will see on the youtube page (recently Ive been seeing it below the video-it used to be on the right side)
Then click in the code box and right click copy the entire code (you might want to select right click "select all" and then copy to make sure you get the entire code)
Next, in an open post message box I paste the code in.
Use your left mouse button or backspace to remove everything but a series within the code that starts with:   http and ends with 1 (you will see this twice in the code, I always use the second one)
          It looks like this:   http://www.youtube.com/v/qyMSc97UksM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1
Then highlight with your left mouse, let go and hit the first button under bold (flash button)    You should see a code on either side now like this  [flash] 

Use the preview button to see if the video shows - if so hit post

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1533 on: April 22, 2010, 11:25:42 PM »

It must have come as a shock to the fame blind defense team that JS would so easily give up his position. Their greatest aspiration seems to be the fame and glory that they can squeeze out of Caylee's death.  To them I'm sure that they assumed that he would know that he done nothing wrong and would argue that point, it's probably out of their realm of reasoning that  a judge would willingly give up the "role" of the century. Giving up the golden chance for post trial interviews, books, maybe a tv show, bet they were thinking he was cut from the same bolt of cloth that they came from. They were wrong, thankfully there are a few relics that actually believe in making decisions based on the benefit of the greater good and not self centered arrogance.
  JPerry         

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1534 on: April 23, 2010, 12:12:13 AM »

well shoot....I hit reply before I was finished...anyway...here's the link to the doc

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=35304530

IMO, this looks like if she is convicted.....they are gonna throw ALL THE A's under the bus....BIG TIME...not that that isn't where they deserve to be.... Monkey Devil!

So they want not to reveal them as witnesses at time time....DUH!  there my be other people....like Jesse, they intend to call....remember she told him that Lee had sexually assaulted her...and they don't want to alert Jesse ahead of time.........

Well, no wonder I did not understand it..................The link I went to previously only had the first two pages and certificate of service with no pages on the support of the motion. LOL

Thanks for posting the link and the explanations.

Turbo, on your original question I knew something didnt sound right, I now see that you did not have the complete document in front of you.   Now, that you have had the chance to read it in its entirety do you and everyone else agree it is riddled with references not relevant to the motion but more meant to influence as well as further the defense attempt at habitually referring to Casey as a victim a thousand ways to Sunday? 

What I am finding interesting right now is they are arguing that the penalty phase proceeding is unconstitutional in one motion and in the same breathe intending to file this motion which on its face gives validity to the penalty phase by their very concerns in protecting what they would anticipate presenting on behalf of Casey Anthony as mitigating factors.   The appearance that they are all consumed with arguing against the DP being sought seems to indicate that this is more about saving her life rather than proving Casey & their claims of her innocence despite what they say otherwise.   I think its rather comical at this point that this defense team is yet again claiming that the prosecution has not established that this is a qualified death penalty case, yes they have - move on.   While it is their job to defend their client zealously & exhaust all options, this defense team takes that to mean to play dirty & waste the court's time shamelessly (this practice is not exclusive to them by a long shot but they are trying to make history with it).

As I see it, let them keep their mitigating argument & penalty phase witnesses secret as the law would permit nor will it prevent the prosecution from being prepared.   If she is convicted of felony murder she is either getting life or the DP - either way she never sees the light of day again & awaits her true judgment day.   I do agree that they will throw everyone and everything under the bus, but that was already expected.  It appears to me that Casey herself was writing things to establish just that.   Yes, it is my belief that she knew exactly what she was doing & this is why they did not object to her jail letters being released.

Capp- ITA with you on this...my thoughts exactly!    IMO, we're going to see the Defense straighten up and fly right, if they plan to keep their licenses.  I'm thrilled No-Nonsense Judge Perry is captaining the ship.  Props to Judge Strickland for his integrity.  Honestly though, the Defense should have been penalized numerous times for  "unnecessary roughness" and "off-sides",IMO.  I have to believe he was seriously trying to give no ammunition for mistrial appeals though.  Judge Perry's orders to the attorneys made me   .  Justice for Caylee is coming, though it has seemed slow, it is coming!  As for me, I know God is in control and I choose to wait.  I find it so miraculously amazing that the dark, densely forested place Casey chose to toss Caylee (MO)...thinking no one would look for her there or go in "those" woods to search for her...thinking that it usually flooded in heavy rains...actually contained Caylee by virtue of it's very denseness (rather than her being washed/moved elsewhere), only to be found by an ordinary man.  Someone should point out those verses in the Bible where God clearly defines His position on the defenseless, children, and the fatherless-all of which Caylee was. I wouldn't want to find myself in the hands of an angry God.   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1535 on: April 23, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »

Thanks, Capp.
I've been looking for hours and still could't find the answer on line.
Appreciate it.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1536 on: April 23, 2010, 12:17:17 AM »

Oh, my, oh, my...I've put down the 30th on my calendar.  I've been waiting for the day of Baez's fall for 20 months.     Wild horses won't drag me away from the internet that day.  And bless his wittle heart, dat ole judge has given him a list of stuff to have ready.  He'll have to actually work.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1537 on: April 23, 2010, 12:18:13 AM »

Oops! Evening to anyone still up.  LOL!  I want to know why it is that every time I have some prior commitment I can't cancel, they decide to release documents!  No, No, No!  Obviously, the SA's office and I have a communication gap going on.   ::MonkeyHaHa:
Hope you have a good p.m./a.m. wherever you are!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1538 on: April 23, 2010, 12:25:09 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-iFXDoAg_rk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; height=&quot;405&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/-iFXDoAg_rk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; height=&quot;405&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

YES.
Thanks again, Capp.

The party's over.......

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1539 on: April 23, 2010, 12:41:19 AM »

Judge Perry's Orders:

http:www.wftv.com/pdf/23234284/detail.html

No water bottles, gum, etc. etc.       My heart belongs to Judge Perry!!       

I know it's not proper to be doing this concerning the case but man my heart/hand wants to HIGH FIVE Judge Perry..now the questions begin Will the A's even show up now that it's not "their" court room any more?? No getting away with anything and just maybe this judge could begin this case to a close faster then we all thought..My hopes!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.