April 25, 2024, 12:39:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277328 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: April 23, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-stations-focus-on-mystery-hair-and-what-it-means-to-case.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
Casey Anthony: Stations focus on mystery hair and what it means to case
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on April, 23 2010 1:39 PM
Discuss This: Comments(5) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The latest release of documents in the Casey Anthony case was the top story on noon newscasts of WFTV-Channel 9, WKMG-Channel 6 and WESH-Channel 2.

There wasn’t a lot new in the documents, but two stations disagreed on a significant point: a mystery hair found near Caylee Anthony’s remains. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree in her daughter’s death.

“The documents raise more questions than answers, but they show how thoroughly the FBI was trying to figure out whose hair, other than Caylee’s, was on the duct tape” found with the todder’s remains, WFTV’s Kathi Belich said.

WFTV anchor Barbara West later said, “The FBI was trying to identify a hair that didn’t match Caylee Anthony’s which was apparently found on a piece of duct tape over her mouth.” 

And a WFTV promotional spot talked about “a hair found on a piece of duct tape.”

But the documents released today say nothing about a mystery hair on duct tape. WKMG’s Mike DeForest correctly noted “that mystery hair was found with the Disney bag and the Gatorade bottle.” 

The WKMG Web site explains: “When Caylee’s remains were discovered, detectives found a World of Disney bag nearby. Inside the bag was a Gatorade bottle, which contained a syringe and a brown liquid that contained extremely small amounts of the chemical chloroform. … Crime scene investigators placed the items from the bag on a piece of brown paper to take a photo, and the 5-inch-long strand of human hair was later discovered on the paper, the documents show. ”

What could the hair mean to the case?

DeForest offered this analysis: “Casey Anthony’s defense team could certainly use that hair to suggest a stranger was out in the woods near the toddler’s body, but the prosecution will likely argue that detectives collected many items in those woods that are completely unrelated to the case.”

WFTV anchor West noted that the mystery hair was not from Caylee or anyone in her family.
WESH’s Bob Kealing focused on Lee Anthony’s girlfriend, Mallory Parker, and a conversation she had with a co-worker.

“The words jump off the page: Mallory knows Casey did something to Caylee, and she’s sure she killed Caylee,” Kealing read. The tip came from a journalist covering the case.

But when detectives pressed the issue, Kealing added, they “deteremined the context of the alleged conversation between Parker and a co-worker was only that Parker believed Casey killed Caylee and that Casey never confessed the crime to her.”

WKMG’s DeForest promised more today on another jail pal of Casey Anthony. The jail pal is Cecilia Benaida, the sister of a Krystal Holloway, a woman who befriended George Anthony.

That could be as simply as it could have been who handled it before it was even purchased...the "mysterious hair" may just stay a mystery but its a red herring & Im sure the FBI was fully aware what the defense would plan to do with this....personally Im not worried about it, its minor compared to everything else combined that points to Casey.   IMHO, the defense is going to use that to say "see some other dude or dudette did it, its not Casey's hair."  BUT  This can cut both ways ya know, the defense has named Kronk as their suspect (after many others previously, including a non existent nanny), well if its not his hair that blows that attempt right out of the water.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: April 23, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »

I had to go check it out after getting an email...looks like Joy is off her meds again.this is from marinadebrain's blog......marinadebrain likes Joy.......talk about 2 peas and the pod! 

#

lilyolily // April 23, 2010 at 12:43 am

Joy Wray didn’t provide a link to her comment but here it is:

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/the_secrets_of_million_dollar_solos/

It’s been circulating the blogs for over a month now. Look about 1/2 way down.
#

joyangels)joy // April 23, 2010 at 12:53 am

I GO BY THE NAME JOYANGELS)JOY IF I WOULD LIKE TO CALLED THAT I WOULD SAY THAT AS MY NAME! so what if DID’nt give the link… Is that a rule 2 OH lilyOlily??????????

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1642 on: April 23, 2010, 03:57:46 PM »

I had to go check it out after getting an email...looks like Joy is off her meds again.this is from marinadebrain's blog......marinadebrain likes Joy.......talk about 2 peas and the pod! 

#

#

I GO BY THE NAME JOYANGELS)JOY IF I WOULD LIKE TO CALLED THAT I WOULD SAY THAT AS MY NAME! so what if DID’nt give the link… Is that a rule 2 OH lilyOlily??????????

lol.. sounds like it!  her panties are def in a bunch.  mwahahaha...

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1643 on: April 23, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »

I took it Kathi B mis-read the report.  The stray hair was in the World of Disney bag.  I thought they were trying to isolate that hair to see if it belonged to Casey, Caylee, any A family member or the lab techs..as well as any fingerprints that might have been on the bag.  I thought all that about the Disney bag came out before..just not all the lab techs hair samples info.

Anyroad..I certainly think that the FBI has really done a super job in helping OCSO in id'ing anything that could possibly trace back to Casey, the A's and the A home.

ALSO in isolating and eliminating any fibers, DNA, hair and fingerprints that did not belong to them.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1644 on: April 23, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23242835/detail.html
Prosecutors Release New Evidence In Anthony Case
FBI Seeks To Identify Source Of Hair Found At Crime Scene

POSTED: 9:13 am EDT April 23, 2010
UPDATED: 4:10 pm EDT April 23, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
The state attorney's office released 289 pages of new evidence in the Casey Anthony investigation on Friday.

Some of the documents deal with FBI tests on a hair found on duct tape across the skull of Anthony's daughter, Caylee. The toddler disappeared in June 2008, and her body was found in a wooded area near Anthony's home six months later.

Other documents reveal how detectives are working to see if people close to Anthony have told them the whole truth.

A statement is contained in the documents that is attributed to Mallory Parker. She is the girlfriend of Anthony's brother, Lee. The statement suggested that Lee Anthony and Parker knew on some level that Casey Anthony killed Caylee.

Lee Anthony's attorney spoke about the documents on Friday.
"To this day, I believe everything my sister tells me," Lee Anthony said in a videotaped deposition.

In multiple sworn depositions, Lee Anthony has said under oath that he doesn't know what happened to his niece.

But in a 2008 interview included in the documents released on Friday, a journalist, Rozzie Franco, told authorities of a conversation she had with a coworker of Parker.

The coworker said Parker and Lee Anthony have suspected for a long time that Casey Anthony killed Caylee.

"He is in support of his sister all the way," attorney Tom Luka said.

Luka denied that Lee Anthony or Parker ever made a statement to anyone that suggested they know or suspect that Casey Anthony killed her daughter -- or that she confessed to any role in her daughter's death.

"Nor did he admit to any sort of behavior that would indicate that Casey knew what happened to Caylee," Luka said.

Other documents show FBI analysts are still trying to determine who is the source of a strand of unidentified hair on duct tape found across Caylee's skull.

The defense has already suggested that the unidentified hair is evidence that a stranger played a part in Caylee's murder.
Authorities said the hair belongs to one of their own, but after testing hair from several analysts, there was no positive identification as to whom the hair belonged.

The FBI also tested a steam cleaner and a couple of vacuums from the Anthony home but did not find any hairs showing signs of human decomposition.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: April 23, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »

#

#

lol.. sounds like it!  her panties are def in a bunch.  mwahahaha...

Poor Joy..she really needs to be Baker Acted again.  Part of her therapy should be no computer, no commenting about the A case.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1646 on: April 23, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »

Maybe I misunderstood with the hairs in the vacuums I sure hope I did, because that would be almost impossible to not have hairs in them.  And who in the world has an affair with a married man and gives his wife presents? 

Guilt does that, but is it in the timeline that she was already allegedly bummng uglies with George or before?

Actually, no you didnt Norose - on pg 3 it states no hairs with decomposition characteristics were found in the shop vac, vacuum or steam cleaners Q67 thru 70

Wasnt there another type of suction appliances taken into evidence as well?   

Disappointed but not surprised by no findings.  Cindy being Cindy as reported to be a compulsive cleaner in addition to what we know they knew, they probably vacuumed 3x a day for months on end & scrubbed the appliances down several times over.    Also, for what they were looking for they may have found it as a result of cleaning the car but it doesnt mean Caylee in that state was in the house.    I also have to wonder if they replaced these types of appliances like they did their washer/dryer, was it both?
I thought that is what I read  I'll bet they replaced those vacuums.
This is what I've believed all along.  There is no way in h3ll, Cindy would like a vacuum back in her home that had cleaned a "damn dead body" smell out of the car.  I'd bet that ole Geroge stopped by a dumpster on his way to work and disposed of the vacuum that was used to clean that car.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1647 on: April 23, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »

I took it Kathi B mis-read the report.  The stray hair was in the World of Disney bag.  I thought they were trying to isolate that hair to see if it belonged to Casey, Caylee, any A family member or the lab techs..as well as any fingerprints that might have been on the bag.  I thought all that about the Disney bag came out before..just not all the lab techs hair samples info.

Anyroad..I certainly think that the FBI has really done a super job in helping OCSO in id'ing anything that could possibly trace back to Casey, the A's and the A home.

ALSO in isolating and eliminating any fibers, DNA, hair and fingerprints that did not belong to them.

I agree I think the FBI has done a terrific job as have the detectives....if KC is not convicted if this goes to trial it will not be because of the FBI or LE, IMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1648 on: April 23, 2010, 06:17:52 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23242835/detail.html
Prosecutors Release New Evidence In Anthony Case
FBI Seeks To Identify Source Of Hair Found At Crime Scene

POSTED: 9:13 am EDT April 23, 2010
UPDATED: 4:10 pm EDT April 23, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
The state attorney's office released 289 pages of new evidence in the Casey Anthony investigation on Friday.

Some of the documents deal with FBI tests on a hair found on duct tape across the skull of Anthony's daughter, Caylee. The toddler disappeared in June 2008, and her body was found in a wooded area near Anthony's home six months later.

Other documents reveal how detectives are working to see if people close to Anthony have told them the whole truth.

A statement is contained in the documents that is attributed to Mallory Parker. She is the girlfriend of Anthony's brother, Lee. The statement suggested that Lee Anthony and Parker knew on some level that Casey Anthony killed Caylee.

Lee Anthony's attorney spoke about the documents on Friday.
"To this day, I believe everything my sister tells me," Lee Anthony said in a videotaped deposition.

In multiple sworn depositions, Lee Anthony has said under oath that he doesn't know what happened to his niece.

But in a 2008 interview included in the documents released on Friday, a journalist, Rozzie Franco, told authorities of a conversation she had with a coworker of Parker.

The coworker said Parker and Lee Anthony have suspected for a long time that Casey Anthony killed Caylee.

"He is in support of his sister all the way," attorney Tom Luka said.

Luka denied that Lee Anthony or Parker ever made a statement to anyone that suggested they know or suspect that Casey Anthony killed her daughter -- or that she confessed to any role in her daughter's death.

"Nor did he admit to any sort of behavior that would indicate that Casey knew what happened to Caylee," Luka said.

Other documents show FBI analysts are still trying to determine who is the source of a strand of unidentified hair on duct tape found across Caylee's skull.

The defense has already suggested that the unidentified hair is evidence that a stranger played a part in Caylee's murder.
Authorities said the hair belongs to one of their own, but after testing hair from several analysts, there was no positive identification as to whom the hair belonged.

The FBI also tested a steam cleaner and a couple of vacuums from the Anthony home but did not find any hairs showing signs of human decomposition.

I think Mr. Luka's nose is growing!  What else is he gonna say though. Yes, they know the biotch killed Caylee and they hope she spends the rest of her life in jail for it.  If that was my sister (God Forbid) and I really believed she was innocent nothing in the world could keep me away from those hearings. I would want the whole world to know I believed her and supported her.  I would be talking to every reporteer I could and be on every talk show. I call BS on this one. Mr. Luka, I'll bet your pants are on fire Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1649 on: April 23, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »

Maybe I misunderstood with the hairs in the vacuums I sure hope I did, because that would be almost impossible to not have hairs in them.  And who in the world has an affair with a married man and gives his wife presents? 

Guilt does that, but is it in the timeline that she was already allegedly bummng uglies with George or before?

Actually, no you didnt Norose - on pg 3 it states no hairs with decomposition characteristics were found in the shop vac, vacuum or steam cleaners Q67 thru 70

Disappointed but not surprised by no findings.  Cindy being Cindy as reported to be a compulsive cleaner in addition to what we know they knew, they probably vacuumed 3x a day for months on end & scrubbed the appliances down several times over.    Also, for what they were looking for they may have found it as a result of cleaning the car but it doesnt mean Caylee in that state was in the house.    I also have to wonder if they replaced these types of appliances like they did their washer/dryer, was it both?
I thought that is what I read  I'll bet they replaced those vacuums.
This is what I've believed all along.  There is no way in h3ll, Cindy would like a vacuum back in her home that had cleaned a "damn dead body" smell out of the car.  I'd bet that ole Geroge stopped by a dumpster on his way to work and disposed of the vacuum that was used to clean that car.

I agree ...IMO, there is something mind-numbing about their organizing & their cleaning habits anyway.  I wonder if they are the types where one has to remove one's shoes upon entering their home??   You can almost 'feel' the control.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1650 on: April 23, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »

I agree I think the FBI has done a terrific job as have the detectives....if KC is not convicted if this goes to trial it will not be because of the FBI or LE, IMO

Me too---I am in total admiration of all of them.   They've all gone above & beyond the call of duty---just as the folks did in Modesto for Laci Peterson.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1651 on: April 23, 2010, 06:56:03 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-is-mystery-hair-found-with-caylee-as-crucial-as-bloody-glove-in-o-j-simpson-case.html
Casey Anthony: Is mystery hair found with Caylee as crucial as bloody glove in O.J. Simpson case?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on April, 23 2010 6:36 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

How important is a mystery hair found near Caylee Anthony’s remains? That strand drove a lot of the TV coverage today as 300 more pages of discovery were released in the Casey Anthony case.

The hair does not belong to Caylee or her family members. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter’s death. The FBI studied hair from seven Orange County sheriff’s investigators to see if the dark strand belonged to any of them.

“The records don’t show whether they ever figured out whose hair it is, but we’re told they have not,” WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich reported tonight.

Then Belich asked: ”Could that mystery hair do for Casey what the bloody glove did for O.J. Simpson?”

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer supplied an answer.

“If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit — this evidence does not rise to that level,” Sheaffer said. “There is so much other circumstantial evidence indicating that Casey Anthony killed her child. In the O.J. Simpson case,  there was not that quality or quantity of circumstantial evidence.”

Earlier, Belich had reported that the mystery hair was on the duct tape found with the toddler’s remains. WESH-Channel 2 also reported that the strand was “on the duct tape across Caylee’s skull.”

But the documents released today say nothing about a mystery hair on duct tape. And Belich updated her initial report by later saying: ”A 5-inch-long, fine, dark brown strand of hair from a Caucasian was found with a piece of plastic from the scene where Caylee Anthony’s remains were found.” 
WKMG-Channel 6’s Mike DeForest noted the mysterious hair was found in the woods near the toddler’s remains.

“The origin of that hair remains unknown,” DeForest said. ”Casey Anthony’s defense team could certainly use that hair to suggest a stranger was out in the woods near the toddler’s body, but prosecutors will likely argue that detectives collected many items in those woods, including trash, that are completely unrelated to Caylee Anthony’s murder.”

In other Anthony news today:

***Belich focused on the news that an FBI expert  unintentionally left her DNA on a piece of duct tape. “The defense could use the FBI’s slip-up to Casey’s advantage,” Belich said.

Analyst Sheaffer predicted that the defense would seek to have the evidence excluded but the court is unlikely to agree.   

***WKMG reported that Anthony defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason visited the office of Mark NeJame, attorney for Texas EquuSearch. The Anthony attorneys went to look at records of EquuSearch volunteers; the defense had wanted photocopies of the records.

“Twice the judge ruled that the only way for the defense team to see those records was to view them in person at Mark NeJame’s office,” DeForest reported. “For the first time in eight months, the defense finally did that.”

NeJame was out of the office and didn’t want to comment on the situation, DeForest said.

***WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing focused on Lee Anthony’s girlfriend, Mallory Parker, and a conversation she had with a co-worker.

“The words jump off the page: Mallory knows Casey did something to Caylee, and she’s sure she killed Caylee,” Kealing said.  The tip came from a journalist covering the case.

But when detectives pressed the issue, Kealing added, they “deteremined the context of the alleged conversation between Parker and a co-worker was only that Parker believed Casey killed Caylee and that Casey never confessed the crime to her.”

Later, Lee Anthony’s attorney denied that Lee or Mallory suggested they suspect Casey Anthony is responsible for Caylee Anthony’s murder.

“He is in support of his sister all the way,” attorney Tom Luka told Kealing.

Lee Anthony has said Casey never confessed or suggested she knew what happened to her daughter, Luka added.

“He’s obviously waiting to see what happens, if there’s any more evidence comes out,” Luka said. “But as it stands at this moment, he is 100 percent behind his sister.”

Lee Anthony has immunity from prosecution for anything he testifies to as long his stories are truthful and consistent, Luka told Kealing.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1652 on: April 23, 2010, 08:00:28 PM »

There was a Dust Buster - and don't forget about the freezer they did away with.

Tks Turbo, I thought there was a smaller suction type appliance as well.    Was it just freezer or washer/dryer as well?   I wonder if LE could look into finding out where they shopped locally to investigate what they purchases after 7/15, credit card bills being one way.   Wonder if they could compel them to turn over any and all receipts for appliances from that period forward.

Im struggling significantly today with a double ear infection so Im foggy & dizzy, Im gonna go rest very shortly.

Ahhhhhhhhhh - I hope you get to feeling better fast. This is the worst allergy season ever and I can sure attest to it personally.

Me, too!!! It's just been terrible this year!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1653 on: April 23, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »

I agree with you both!  I fully believe that anytime there is a court procedure that involves a child, (whether that child is alive or has died), there needs to be a guardian ad litem appointed.  For those who don't know, a guardian ad litem is an advocate or lawyer appointed by the court to represent/protect the child's best interest, seperately from the child's attorney, if any. 

Am thinking this is especially necessary in the case of a child's death when one or more family members were involved.  As we have seen in Caylee's case, in the family warring that can go on, the child and their rights can be totally forgotten in the shuffle and lost.  The presence of a guardian ad litem for the child would ensure that didn't happen.   

I'd like for a court appointment of a guardian ad litem for every child in this type of situation, to be an automatic requirement in every court in every state.  Wishing thinking, eh? 

If there is no other law made in Caylee's name and memory, then let it be this one. 

IMO. 

Justice for Caylee!!   

Hi Wyks and all---Wyks--You had a boyfriend named "Snake?"

I think a guardian ad litem for murdered children is a great idea.  In this case he/she could sue Casey on behalf of Caylee's estate.  Then with the money (Which would come from media outlets) and set up a bone fide foundation to help find missing and murdered children.  I know this is a pipe dream, but it would be great.

Hi Babybear!     And yeppers, I sure did.  Back when I was 19 and stupid.   He was a 'hells angel', rode a harley, I was a 'bikers mama', riding with him.  Probably one of the scariest, but most fun times I've ever had in my life.   Afterwards, I went back to a respectable but boring lifestyle.   

Wish there was a way to make that pipe dream for Caylee a reality!  Wonder what all it would take??

[/quote]

Basically, a GAL is not used in the event of a child's death (criminal, by family member or not).   GAL's oversee a court proceeding with the child's best interest in mind, most commonlyfor cases such custody, negligence, abuse, abandoned/State dependent & juvenile matters before the court.     GAL's court appointed by a district judge do not litigate but make recommendations which focus on the needs of a child in addition to other duties, worthy of note though is that many GAL's are attorneys.

In this case, I hear what everyone is saying about having one prior to 12/11 for Caylee but until she was found they had no idea whether that would be alive or deceased, in other words not in custody in any manner.   Now, this is what I could see happening if the case scenario was different:   let's say a mother was responsible for being abusive & decided to abandon their child but the child was found alive, at that time one could be appointed due to obvious custody issues - no Caylee would not have automatically been given to her grandparents without a court order because Casey was the custodial and biological parent regardless where she lived.

I will agree, that in certain respects a GAL would serve well even in cases that involve the death of a child, financial gain concerns come to mind.   I also think that there should be legislation passed that forbids any individual from copyrighting a victim's name.  There should be no other individual other than a biological parent in good legal standing allowed to copyright a minor's name for any purpose.  It is also MHO that there should be a prohibition of financial gain "blood money"  from a crime that involved a minor that is directly involved in the case including family members, representing attorneys, witnesses & jurors.   The scale of justice needs to get balanced again & removing the potential of financial gain other than appropriate fees would help ensure the integrity of the process of justice & its aftermath.

Sorry, Im really sick so I went to the doctor.   It took me a bit to be able to read again because I'm dealing with a slight vertigo type dizziness & Im basically brain mush at the moment  , Im gonna call it an early night to rest, I wish you all a very lovely weekend.

PS Wyks...awwws, you made me smile & giggle - as in so many of you I wish there were so much more I could do in so many cases, this being one that actually has become a piece of my heart.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1654 on: April 23, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »

Thanks to all bringing links and breaking down the docs, I wasn't able to chime in but it was not blockbuster stuff it seems.

Cap~  hope you feel better soon
Have a great weekend to all.
j
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1655 on: April 23, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »

Basically, a GAL is not used in the event of a child's death (criminal, by family member or not).   GAL's oversee a court proceeding with the child's best interest in mind, most commonlyfor cases such custody, negligence, abuse, abandoned/State dependent & juvenile matters before the court.     GAL's court appointed by a district judge do not litigate but make recommendations which focus on the needs of a child in addition to other duties, worthy of note though is that many GAL's are attorneys.

In this case, I hear what everyone is saying about having one prior to 12/11 for Caylee but until she was found they had no idea whether that would be alive or deceased, in other words not in custody in any manner.   Now, this is what I could see happening if the case scenario was different:   let's say a mother was responsible for being abusive & decided to abandon their child but the child was found alive, at that time one could be appointed due to obvious custody issues - no Caylee would not have automatically been given to her grandparents without a court order because Casey was the custodial and biological parent regardless where she lived.

I will agree, that in certain respects a GAL would serve well even in cases that involve the death of a child, financial gain concerns come to mind.   I also think that there should be legislation passed that forbids any individual from copyrighting a victim's name.  There should be no other individual other than a biological parent in good legal standing allowed to copyright a minor's name for any purpose.  It is also MHO that there should be a prohibition of financial gain "blood money"  from a crime that involved a minor that is directly involved in the case including family members, representing attorneys, witnesses & jurors.   The scale of justice needs to get balanced again & removing the potential of financial gain other than appropriate fees would help ensure the integrity of the process of justice & its aftermath.

Sorry, Im really sick so I went to the doctor.   It took me a bit to be able to read again because I'm dealing with a slight vertigo type dizziness & Im basically brain mush at the moment  , Im gonna call it an early night to rest, I wish you all a very lovely weekend.

PS Wyks...awwws, you made me smile & giggle - as in so many of you I wish there were so much more I could do in so many cases, this being one that actually has become a piece of my heart.

Thanks for explaining this, Capp!  Especially when you aren't feeling good.  Hope you are feeling better right soon.  Am thinking the majority of us have been touched to the core by this sweet lil angel, Caylee.  It's like we have become a 'collective set' of loved ones for Caylee, cuz it sure seems that she was lacking with her 'bio' so-called family. 

Justice for Caylee! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1656 on: April 23, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »

an angelic monkey   Feel better Capp ... & everyone enjoy a pleasant Friday evening!!!!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1657 on: April 23, 2010, 09:55:13 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-is-mystery-hair-found-with-caylee-as-crucial-as-bloody-glove-in-o-j-simpson-case.html
Casey Anthony: Is mystery hair found with Caylee as crucial as bloody glove in O.J. Simpson case?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on April, 23 2010 6:36 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

How important is a mystery hair found near Caylee Anthony’s remains? That strand drove a lot of the TV coverage today as 300 more pages of discovery were released in the Casey Anthony case.

The hair does not belong to Caylee or her family members. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter’s death. The FBI studied hair from seven Orange County sheriff’s investigators to see if the dark strand belonged to any of them.

“The records don’t show whether they ever figured out whose hair it is, but we’re told they have not,” WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich reported tonight.

Then Belich asked: ”Could that mystery hair do for Casey what the bloody glove did for O.J. Simpson?”

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer supplied an answer.

“If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit — this evidence does not rise to that level,” Sheaffer said. “There is so much other circumstantial evidence indicating that Casey Anthony killed her child. In the O.J. Simpson case,  there was not that quality or quantity of circumstantial evidence.”

Earlier, Belich had reported that the mystery hair was on the duct tape found with the toddler’s remains. WESH-Channel 2 also reported that the strand was “on the duct tape across Caylee’s skull.”

But the documents released today say nothing about a mystery hair on duct tape. And Belich updated her initial report by later saying: ”A 5-inch-long, fine, dark brown strand of hair from a Caucasian was found with a piece of plastic from the scene where Caylee Anthony’s remains were found.” 
WKMG-Channel 6’s Mike DeForest noted the mysterious hair was found in the woods near the toddler’s remains.

“The origin of that hair remains unknown,” DeForest said. ”Casey Anthony’s defense team could certainly use that hair to suggest a stranger was out in the woods near the toddler’s body, but prosecutors will likely argue that detectives collected many items in those woods, including trash, that are completely unrelated to Caylee Anthony’s murder.”

In other Anthony news today:

***Belich focused on the news that an FBI expert  unintentionally left her DNA on a piece of duct tape. “The defense could use the FBI’s slip-up to Casey’s advantage,” Belich said.

Analyst Sheaffer predicted that the defense would seek to have the evidence excluded but the court is unlikely to agree.   

***WKMG reported that Anthony defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason visited the office of Mark NeJame, attorney for Texas EquuSearch. The Anthony attorneys went to look at records of EquuSearch volunteers; the defense had wanted photocopies of the records.

“Twice the judge ruled that the only way for the defense team to see those records was to view them in person at Mark NeJame’s office,” DeForest reported. “For the first time in eight months, the defense finally did that.”

NeJame was out of the office and didn’t want to comment on the situation, DeForest said.

***WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing focused on Lee Anthony’s girlfriend, Mallory Parker, and a conversation she had with a co-worker.

“The words jump off the page: Mallory knows Casey did something to Caylee, and she’s sure she killed Caylee,” Kealing said.  The tip came from a journalist covering the case.

Later, Lee Anthony’s attorney denied that Lee or Mallory suggested they suspect Casey Anthony is responsible for Caylee Anthony’s murder.

“He is in support of his sister all the way,” attorney Tom Luka told Kealing.

Lee Anthony has said Casey never confessed or suggested she knew what happened to her daughter, Luka added.

“He’s obviously waiting to see what happens, if there’s any more evidence comes out,” Luka said. “But as it stands at this moment, he is 100 percent behind his sister.”

Lee Anthony has immunity from prosecution for anything he testifies to as long his stories are truthful and consistent, Luka told Kealing.

LOL..Kathi B must read here..  It was found with the Disney bag, in a woods full of debris..lots of evidence that had nothing to do with Caylee was in the same flooded area. 

How they could miscontrue a head hair in a bag in a place that was a dump site for locals..and compare that to OJ's bloody glove found at the scene..it's apples and oranges. 

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1658 on: April 23, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=14

A good article about the deception and lies of Casey Anthony, Cindy Anthony, Misty Croslins, Gummy Gramma Hollars....
oh and Nancy Grace....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1659 on: April 23, 2010, 10:12:03 PM »

This is sort of off topic, but on the other hand, this what makes me hate Casey more

This is my great nephew born yesterday at almost 24 weeks, weighing in at 1 1/2 lbs.   This little guy is fighting for his life with parents who are going through hell, praying he makes it!  I had custody of the mother, so she is like a daughter to me and currently lives me.  Yet Caylee can take a beautiful, healthy, precious  baby girl and just kills her.  I am so infuriated at that biotch!  It's beyond disgusting and I can't even think of word(s) to say that can compare to how I feel, when thinking of that Biotch!

P.S  Please pray for him and his health, as he is healthy for the most part as a preemie, but will need heart surgery very soon.

Sorry for the sort of off topic, but I'm sure you all understand what I am feeling when thing of the Slore!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.