March 28, 2024, 04:31:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 275511 times)
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1920 on: April 27, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »

I'll bet that this was part of something, anything to make money, a documentary sounds about right, but who knows. I see the sisters as nothing but liars and scammers 

NoRose, I agree with you 100%. They also want to be seen as victims but I have no sympathy for them or George, either, for that matter. If they don't want attention, let them stop talking into every mike that is placed in front of them. 

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1921 on: April 27, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »

I'll bet that this was part of something, anything to make money, a documentary sounds about right, but who knows. I see the sisters as nothing but liars and scammers 

NoRose, I agree with you 100%. They also want to be seen as victims but I have no sympathy for them or George, either, for that matter. If they don't want attention, let them stop talking into every mike that is placed in front of them. 

yeppers Blumonkey!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1922 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »

correction huge thorn not torn

Don't feel badly---Dr. Glass doesn't know that it's a scapegoat ----not an "escapegoat"....lol ~ You'd think she would at least have a proof reader.  It's past annoying to wade through her many errors, although her articles are interesting & entertaining.

Hi Ono----I am often astonished at Dr. Glass' poor spelling skills.  Surely a woman in her professional position should know better, or have a secretary who does. Some of her mistakes, i.e. "Escapegoat" are malapropisms, but most of them are just poor spelling. I find it annoying, too, but putting that aside, her articles are interesting.

LOL "Malapropism."  I deserved that for being a smart-aleck.

While I agree that a professional should proofread or have someone do it for them before submitting/publishing a written document/article, there have been countless studies that have indicated that poor spelling has little correlation to measuring how smart an individual is.  In formal writings, one should take pride in what they are producing & avoid getting lazy but in today's society there are many factors why so many easily overlook spelling and grammar.  Many studies have been done over the years to measure whether poor spelling skills should indicate how smart an individual is.   Additionally, the use of social abbreviations when texting, chatting, etc., writing conversationally rather than formally are other factors why we see less emphasis on using correct spelling & proper grammar.  I agree insomuch that in formal writings numerous errors can be a reflection upon a person, the reason may be different as it speaks more to their character rather than their intelligence but that also could be said about a tone someone sets while writing as well.   Being smart is knowing things, being intelligent is knowing how to utilize it.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1923 on: April 27, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »

Knowing that I have slept once or twice since this all began, but I thought that I thought momster originally did fill out a paper when first incarcerated saying she was indigent.  Did I dream this?  If I didn't dream this, how do you go from too poor to too wealthy in such a short period of time?  (I know the answer about selling the pics of precious Caylee, but I'm asking legally.)  If I dreamed it, just ignore me or if you have already discussed it, ditto on the ignoring.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1924 on: April 27, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »

Don't feel badly---Dr. Glass doesn't know that it's a scapegoat ----not an "escapegoat"....lol ~ You'd think she would at least have a proof reader.  It's past annoying to wade through her many errors, although her articles are interesting & entertaining.

I agree she needs hooked on phonics her spelling is not very professional  for her position.

It's really disappointing--she has a great-looking webpage but the errors are terrible.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1925 on: April 27, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »

Hi Ono----I am often astonished at Dr. Glass' poor spelling skills.  Surely a woman in her professional position should know better, or have a secretary who does. Some of her mistakes, i.e. "Escapegoat" are malapropisms, but most of them are just poor spelling. I find it annoying, too, but putting that aside, her articles are interesting.

While I agree that a professional should proofread or have someone do it for them before submitting/publishing a written document/article, there have been countless studies that have indicated that poor spelling has little correlation to measuring how smart an individual is.  In formal writings, one should take pride in what they are producing & avoid getting lazy but in today's society there are many factors why so many easily overlook spelling and grammar.  Many studies have been done over the years to measure whether poor spelling skills should indicate how smart an individual is.   Additionally, the use of social abbreviations when texting, chatting, etc., writing conversationally rather than formally are other factors why we see less emphasis on using correct spelling & proper grammar.  I agree insomuch that in formal writings numerous errors can be a reflection upon a person, the reason may be different as it speaks more to their character rather than their intelligence but that also could be said about a tone someone sets while writing as well.   Being smart is knowing things, being intelligent is knowing how to utilize it.

...and being learned (as in well-informed) is to know that the word one is trying to use is: scapegoat. Not escape goat.

I have a problem with professionals in any field publishing anything for the world to read that is full of spelling and grammatical errors, with some misused words thrown into the mix.

They should take the time to proofread or have someone do it for them, lest others tend to think they are not proficient in their profession. It's just human nature to think this way.

Sorry. It's a pet peeve of mine.

JMO.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1926 on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:12 PM »

Hi Ono----I am often astonished at Dr. Glass' poor spelling skills.  Surely a woman in her professional position should know better, or have a secretary who does. Some of her mistakes, i.e. "Escapegoat" are malopropisms, but most of them are just poor spelling. I find it annoying, too, but putting that aside, her articles are interesting.

She owes it to herself [ & especially her readers ] to provide better copy.  How can anyone take her seriously with that uneducated sloppiness?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1927 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

That's alright Mrs. Malaprop;  I do like her articles but surely she knows it's scapegoat and not escape goat--lol--that did it for me!!!!   LOL!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1928 on: April 27, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »

Knowing that I have slept once or twice since this all began, but I thought that I thought momster originally did fill out a paper when first incarcerated saying she was indigent.  Did I dream this?  If I didn't dream this, how do you go from too poor to too wealthy in such a short period of time?  (I know the answer about selling the pics of precious Caylee, but I'm asking legally.)  If I dreamed it, just ignore me or if you have already discussed it, ditto on the ignoring.

Hey Sister,you remembered right.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1929 on: April 27, 2010, 07:33:56 PM »

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

Interesting about George frightening River about speaking of their affair.  I remember him going off on the protestors ourside the home.  He's got a temper. 

Yes ... he would scare me too.  IMO, he's a lit fuse by nature.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1930 on: April 27, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »

...and being learned (as in well-informed) is to know that the word one is trying to use is: scapegoat. Not escape goat.

I have a problem with professionals in any field publishing anything for the world to read that is full of spelling and grammatical errors, with some misused words thrown into the mix.

They should take the time to proofread or have someone do it for them, lest others tend to think they are not proficient in their profession. It's just human nature to think this way.

Sorry. It's a pet peeve of mine.

JMO.

On this point, we agree.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1931 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

Interesting about George frightening River about speaking of their affair.  I remember him going off on the protestors ourside the home.  He's got a temper. 

Didn't River deny that their "friendship" was an affair in her deposition?
Yes she did, and I didn't believe her. I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth, her sister's mouth or George's mouth. 

I'm waiting for the facts to come out at trial.  That's all we can hope for really.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1932 on: April 27, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »

She absolutely did, its somewhere in the mountain of discovery.  Bozo swooped in the very same day, the rest is most unfortunate history but still confident that the final chapter will bring justice in Caylee's name.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1933 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »

For all we know, maybe the Anthonys knew the Environmental Sisters long before all this happened?       Anything's possible!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1934 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »

She absolutely did, its somewhere in the mountain of discovery.  Bozo swooped in the very same day, the rest is most unfortunate history but still confident that the final chapter will bring justice in Caylee's name.

Thanks Trimm and Capp -- I thought I remembered seeing that -- wonder what or how that got changed by bozo?  Anyway, Friday should be interesting!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1935 on: April 27, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »

Exactly
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1936 on: April 27, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/04/defense-says-death-penalty-used-to.html
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Defense Says Death Penalty Used To Financially Ruin Casey Anthony

How STUPID this is!! Casey didn't even have a job.  She was a "financial ruin" in an of herself!

Anyone with a brain cell can understand that, and if they can't, the SA is certainly capable of explaining it so that the one-cellers can understand.

So with you on that!   Additionally, what does that say for the many other murder defendants that are indigent with public defenders or better yet those that Lyons herself defended without substantial funding...hmmm?   Surely, when she first went on her crusade for the murderous scum of our society she didnt always have the backing of a bunch of koolaid drinking far from center donators pouring into a university defense fund or her own initiated ones.

I think the State and Judge Perry will enjoy schooling them on how ridiculous this motion is.   All the State has to show (which they have already) is that they met the criteria by the evidence.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1937 on: April 27, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »

I'd like to know the real truth behind his being hired by her.  I don't buy the story.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1938 on: April 27, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »

I'm thinking Mr. Sheaffer might be correct:  "Florida may be A.L.'s Waterloo."       
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1939 on: April 27, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »

I'm thinking Mr. Sheaffer might be correct:  "Florida may be A.L.'s Waterloo."       

O course it is, she doesnt give a dang about Casey, it is extremely obvious she gives no concern to victims much less a defenseless babygirl.   She agreed to take this case for her self-serving purpose, she wants the DP abolished in this country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.