April 23, 2024, 04:06:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277159 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: April 16, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »

O/T Somer Thompson's mom is on ABC right now.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #821 on: April 16, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »

Actually, going with the same logic (term used real loosely) , it would mean Joy Wray is a famous movie star with all her YouTubes?   

O yea, word on Hollywood Boulevard is that she is going to be nominated for an Oscar for her short documentary film...."Hanging in Trees Upside Down"
Word on the street is that her star on Hollywood Ave will only have 3 points...she's a few points shy of a full load...

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: April 16, 2010, 10:34:29 PM »

Just got home a little while ago and saw the latest about the motion to replace Strickland. I think that if they replace him with , another Judge, he may not be as kind and as fair as Stickland has been.  I think he's been more than fair to the defense...so if he's replaced, let's hope she gets a hag of a judge!   

I was annoyed when I caught part of the noon news about Mason complaining about the state money. He was saying something to the effect of "how much money has the state spent on prosecuting Ms Anthony?  and blah blah blah... that the defense should not have to disclose how much $$ they are using of state money.  Helllloooooooooooooooo Mr Mason, it's STATE money and we should know where it's going. Also State paid lawyers don't make as much as those expensive lawyers she has. 

It is BOZO's responsibility to file what the charges will be and then they approve or deny them. It is NOT the court's responsibility to determine in advance what they will pay. Is it verified this clown REALLY went to law school?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: April 16, 2010, 11:19:40 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23175967/detail.html

Casey Anthony's friend talks Part 1  of 2  http://www.wftv.com/video/23175347/index.html
                                       Part 2:  http://www.wftv.com/video/23177092/index.html
                                       Images:  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23174801/detail.html

Whewwwwwwwwwwww.............that was electrifying................she appears so honest and straight forward in all she said, I can't imagine her being involved in a murder. The one thing she seemed so honest about was how she felt the baby needed the truth to come out so she could rest in peace. It is obvious she was young and got involved with all the wrong people but she accepted full responsibility for it and did the right thing when there was really no reason to do it. They had no clue she was involved in that murder, but she did and her goodness would not let her rest until she told the truth, unlike KC who will lie until the day she dies.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: April 16, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23175967/detail.html

Casey Anthony's friend talks Part 1  of 2  http://www.wftv.com/video/23175347/index.html
                                       Part 2:  http://www.wftv.com/video/23177092/index.html
                                       Images:  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23174801/detail.html

Whewwwwwwwwwwww.............that was electrifying................she appears so honest and straight forward in all she said, I can't imagine her being involved in a murder. The one thing she seemed so honest about was how she felt the baby needed the truth to come out so she could rest in peace. It is obvious she was young and got involved with all the wrong people but she accepted full responsibility for it and did the right thing when there was really no reason to do it. They had no clue she was involved in that murder, but she did and her goodness would not let her rest until she told the truth, unlike KC who will lie until the day she dies.

I was totally prepared not to believe this girl.  SHE changed my mind. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #825 on: April 16, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »

I really like this girl. It's too bad Casey was trying to be like Robin instead of Maya...

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: April 17, 2010, 12:06:45 AM »

Took a break for dinner and then went back to watching the rest of Maya's interview.   I wonder what her entire back story is beyond what she said in the beginning to Kathi about being from Bosnia & her dad was in the army, coming over in 96', right after the war, I'd like to know why she was compelled to run away at 13 ending up being a prostitute & in a gang.   She still has an ever so slight accent.   I am rarely inclined to believe much from a convicted felon (years & statistics have jaded me admittedly so) BUT this girl was 17 and she had the courage, strength, yes decency to tell the truth not knowing what her consequence would be for sure.   She was already in prison for another crime & confessed to murder because it ate at her.  When she explained how her victim's family must have felt & they had no closure you could tell that there was good in there but she took a long, hard twisted turn early in life that hardened her for a good bit there.   As she said, she will have to live with what she did for the rest of her life but the truth set her free....to bad the difference between her and Casey is she is not a sociopath & Maya indeed does have remorse.   Additionally, she is far from self-absorbed.    I cannot get too sappy because the fact is she killed someone but it just cant be ignored that this girl faced what she did straight up & took her consequence.   The fact that she refers to her 30 year sentence as a blessing, its no wonder she speaks in the Scared Straight Program, I hope she continues to do so because she may get through to a few youths in serious trouble.    She is not only credible but she is brutally honest, oddly she actually made me chuckle with her honest "sneaky" stories totally aware that she is telling them in the big house & for the world to see.   When Kathi confronted her as to how people should think of her coming forward & what they might speculate as to why she did Maya's response "just google me..." that slayed me.

Ya know, if Casey did bring up the rag & I have no reason to see why Maya would lie about that it best shut Hornsby up for blatantly attempting to ruin the reputation and credibility of one of the lead detectives in this case, yes it is still eating at me and for those that got a chance to hear the interview the supplemental report was just a summation of what she told them, we'll see it come together eventually.  What I distinctly noticed is that Maya didnt embellish unnecessarily, she didnt make a story seem more fantastic, it was just real as she saw it nor did she seem to relish in how it brought attention to herself.   The defense may be able to attack Robyn successfully for obvious reasons that even Maya seemed disturbed by but inmate or not IMHO Maya is credible.   She has nothing to gain from this, she was already sentenced waiting for transfer at the time, doesnt want anything now.     

I have to commend Kathi Belich for a job well done, she got quite a scoop there & shed light on many things.     OK, Im gonna read back a page or two & then call it a night, its been a very busy day & Im spent.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: April 17, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »

I wonder what happened to the chloroform because according to Maya (and the computer searches) Casey most likely used it in the Anthony home.
Did the A's find it and discard it or did she take it with her when she left the house on June 16th?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: April 17, 2010, 01:15:45 AM »

Just got home a little while ago and saw the latest about the motion to replace Strickland. I think that if they replace him with , another Judge, he may not be as kind and as fair as Stickland has been.  I think he's been more than fair to the defense...so if he's replaced, let's hope she gets a hag of a judge!   

I was annoyed when I caught part of the noon news about Mason complaining about the state money. He was saying something to the effect of "how much money has the state spent on prosecuting Ms Anthony?  and blah blah blah... that the defense should not have to disclose how much $$ they are using of state money.  Helllloooooooooooooooo Mr Mason, it's STATE money and we should know where it's going. Also State paid lawyers don't make as much as those expensive lawyers she has. 

waah, waah waah.....it's expensive trying to dig up dirt on every technician, officer,bystander and searcher that came within 50 miles of Orlando. Manufacturing a defense should be left to murderers that still have the ability to sell pictures of their precious little victim.  Too bad Bozo, your 15 minutes are almost up, now your client will expect you to have the brains to defend her. ...not just stand in the spotlight bloviating.  She's still going to go down and Bozo will continue to be a loser. 
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: April 17, 2010, 02:41:46 AM »

I was totally prepared not to believe this girl.  SHE changed my mind. 
IMO, Kathi did do a great job -- in getting this scoop, as well as how she handled the interview.  What a transformation Maya has undergone since she confessed; a clean conscience can really work wonders.

When she demonstrated for Kathi that she was unsure of how to pronounce the word "chloroform," that was the only part where I felt a little twinge of doubt about her credibility... but later in the interview she did clarify that in her first meeting with detectives back in November, while she didn't say the word "chloroform," she HAD indeed passed along the detail that Casey had told her, of knocking out Caylee by putting a drug on a rag and holding it over her face.

Crying or Very sad It's difficult to picture that happening to Caylee.  Poor baby, if that is true.

Maya's before and after pictures certainly do tell a story. She said she wanted the baby to be able to rest in peace.  I hope everything she said is the truth.  I hope we can trust in Maya as a hero for Caylee.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #830 on: April 17, 2010, 03:18:32 AM »

Hi Wyks........IIRC there are no longer the endless appeals in FL .....let me check to be sure....

http://answers.uslegal.com/questions.php?q=8789

Full Question:

How many appeals are allowed to a prisoner on death row?

Answer

In Florida, death-row inmates have an opportunity to file one postconviction motion with the trial court, which must include all possible claims pursuant to Rule of Criminal Procedures 3.850. This rule provides a vehicle for inmates to challenge the judgment or the sentence on the grounds "that the sentence was in excess of the maximum authorized by law, that the plea was given involuntarily, or that the judgment or sentence is otherwise subject to collateral attack." In addition, a death-row inmate may also file a writ of habeas corpus with the Florida Supreme Court to challenge possible ineffective assistance of counsel on appeal. Finally, a death-row inmate may file a writ of habeas corpus with a federal court.

Since she thinks she is going to walk outta court scot free and when that doesn't happen I think their model prisoner is going to turn into the wicked witch she really is.  She will probably spend most of her time in detention cause the 'ladies'  will not be taking her crap..........

Sunny ~ thanks for this info!  It's a relief knowing that endless appeals will not be allowed in this case.  Seems we've gotten endless everything else. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #831 on: April 17, 2010, 03:38:01 AM »

This is lengthy but I feel like it is a must read in dealing with the Anthony family. I think most will understand how it relates to that entire family.

Antisocial personality disorder
Author: Dean A. Haycock Ph.D

<snipped for length>

Turbo ~ VERY good article, thanks! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #832 on: April 17, 2010, 03:45:26 AM »

It will never happen. Bozo is just clutching at staws.

Forgetting my manners...Hello everyone...new monkey in the cage. I have been lurking since the beginning of this case and many times I have wanted to jump in but didnt. The craziness with the  Hayleigh case this week is what drove me out of hiding. Thanks for allowing me into the cage.

Hi Love2Read, and welcome!       Glad you decided to start posting!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #833 on: April 17, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »

One more thing about Bozo...this confirms he is an idiot because I can guarantee you if case law & precedents back this judge's decisions to deny defense motions or overrule objections there will be no mercy & that gavel will be coming down HARD!    :

Stupid is as stupid does

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: April 17, 2010, 07:32:15 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-defense-teams-motion-to-remove-judge-stan-strickland-draws-withering-reviews.html
Casey Anthony: Defense team’s motion to remove Judge Stan Strickland draws withering reviews
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on April, 17 2010 6:55 AM
Discuss This: Comments(1) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Casey Anthony’s defense team was getting bad reviews for filing a motion late Friday asking Judge Stan Strickland to remove himself from the case.

“There is little doubt that one day the defense will be looking back on this motion as the worst move they’ve ever made,” said Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby in offering analysis for WESH-Channel 2. “Judge Strickland has previously shown fairness to Casey Anthony in the way he sentenced her in the check case.”

WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer praised Strickland, saying the defense “could not ask for a more impartial, patient and fair judge.”

In its motion, the defense team cited Strickland’s friendliness toward and praise for a blogger that the defense contends is pro-prosecution. That blogger is Dave Knechel, who writes as Marinade Dave.

Knechel’s view of his own blog? He said it’s “down the middle, fair and balanced” and “mild in comparison to what else is out there,” WESH’s Danielle Bellini said.

“Knechel says if the defense took the time to to read his blog, they would see he was fair to both sides, and the judge was merely recognizing that,” WKMG-Channel 6’s Mike DeForest reported.

Knechel told told WKMG about the defense motion, “It doesn’t make sense to me. It sounds like it’s almost a desperate move.”

Knechel told WFTV that Strickland was very fair. And Knechel said of the defense motion: “They’re putting their hands in hot water. They don’t know what the outcome will be. Who will the next judge be?”

WKMG anchor Louis Bolden reported that Strickland may have to rule on the motion in the next 30 days — and if he doesn’t, the motion would automatically  be granted. WKMG said that Strickland wasn’t commenting.
WFTV anchor Liz Artz said, “We’re not expecting to hear anything from Judge Strickland until he takes up the motion in court.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: April 17, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Judge Stan Strickland’s Background

Posted on April 17th, 2010 by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #836 on: April 17, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/04/17/judge-stricklands-background/

Judge Stan Strickland’s Background
Posted on April 17th, 2010 by Valhall
I thought it would be appropriate to revisit Judge Stan Strickland’s impeccable career and his dedication to ethics in the judicial process.
Valhall.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #837 on: April 17, 2010, 08:22:38 AM »

Simply priceless, BB12!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: April 17, 2010, 08:41:02 AM »

I do not see any reason why JS should be removed from the case, and for once I agree with Hornsby- they will regret it if he is- he has been very lenient with them so far.
Here's my 2 cents.
If Nancy Grace is in the Courtroom one day and JS calls her over- tells her he watches and enjoys her show- they have a lot of interests in common after all- and congratulates her on a current story she is covering-  is he biased because of that?  NG has stated a zillion times how guilty Kc is, but that has nothing to do with JS.   Any newspaper you read, TV news or Crime series says the same. They can hardly report otherwise.  Is he supposed to only read blogs that sit on the fence about her guilt?  I can't think of one, but there might be one out there....
It's ridiculous.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: April 17, 2010, 08:53:43 AM »

Here's another stupid motion- scroll all the way down and look at Mason's Notary Public stamp- his commission has expired in Nov 09.  They really need a proof reader to check their motions before filing them.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/0416%20Motion%20To%20Disqualify%20Judge.pdf

A smart poster on another site noticed this. 
Cappy-Does that make it void?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.