April 19, 2024, 09:10:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 276873 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #860 on: April 17, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »

tupelohoney hope all goes well with your move. Maybe for sanity sake it is good to be doing something else 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: April 17, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »

Here's another stupid motion- scroll all the way down and look at Mason's Notary Public stamp- his commission has expired in Nov 09.  They really need a proof reader to check their motions before filing them.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/0416%20Motion%20To%20Disqualify%20Judge.pdf

A smart poster on another site noticed this. 
Cappy-Does that make it void?

What it does mean for certain is that this document is not notarized valid per se, whether it would be qualified to be null & void as a result since it is also by an "officer of the court" (attorney) Im not 100% positive that it would be.   I am seeing a few other things:

Someone look to see if Mason visited Casey between April 10th-April 14th because in order for it to be notarized by anyone in accordance to law the signature has to be made in the presence of the notary with ID (in Casey's case it would be her inmate ID #) & the document being signed must be complete before a notary signs it with raised seal.    Also, I do not see a date that Casey signed this as well as affirming when the notary signed it (Mason).    The only date I see by the defense is when they hand delivered the motion/affidavit it to Judge Strickland (4/16/10).    The poor excuse of a transcript attached is signed with identification & notarized 4/14/10

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: April 17, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »

tupelohoney hope all goes well with your move. Maybe for sanity sake it is good to be doing something else 
Thanks No Rose !  It does do some good to have my mind elsewhere....but as soon as I come back.....more Carp has hit the fan yet again!    It's just never ending with this defense team.....

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: April 17, 2010, 11:20:04 AM »

Thanks No Rose !  It does do some good to have my mind elsewhere....but as soon as I come back.....more Carp has hit the fan yet again!    It's just never ending with this defense team.....
Never ending 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: April 17, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »

Hope your move goes smoothly Tupelo

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: April 17, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »

Thank-you Sunny, I just don't know what to think about this latest development, but I will just say this, I don't think the judge should be speaking with bloggers. The rest is up to deal with this morally and legally, and I will be watching with the rest of you.

I agree with you, no rose.  This case is high profile enough.  Why open yourself up to criticism by calling a blogger over to you in the courtroom and then calling later to check on his health??  I do not understand why the judge did it.  I also do not understand why the blogger then had to discuss it. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: April 17, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »

Thank-you Sunny, I just don't know what to think about this latest development, but I will just say this, I don't think the judge should be speaking with bloggers. The rest is up to deal with this morally and legally, and I will be watching with the rest of you.

I agree with you, no rose.  This case is high profile enough.  Why open yourself up to criticism by calling a blogger over to you in the courtroom and then calling later to check on his health??  I do not understand why the judge did it.  I also do not understand why the blogger then had to discuss it. 
Me either. In certain professional jobs such as a judge you are required, not to do anything wrong, but to not even give the impression of some kind of wrong doing.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #867 on: April 17, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »

Hope your move goes smoothly Tupelo
Thanks Capp!  Hubby is working long hours, so I get to do this myself....I just have to keep plugging along.  But this is where I will take my breaks....lot's of them!     Hope all is well with you.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: April 17, 2010, 12:14:50 PM »

Just got home a little while ago and saw the latest about the motion to replace Strickland. I think that if they replace him with , another Judge, he may not be as kind and as fair as Stickland has been.  I think he's been more than fair to the defense...so if he's replaced, let's hope she gets a hag of a judge!   

I was annoyed when I caught part of the noon news about Mason complaining about the state money. He was saying something to the effect of "how much money has the state spent on prosecuting Ms Anthony?  and blah blah blah... that the defense should not have to disclose how much $$ they are using of state money.  Helllloooooooooooooooo Mr Mason, it's STATE money and we should know where it's going. Also State paid lawyers don't make as much as those expensive lawyers she has. 

Good Morning FLBM, I missed that statement..

Hi Sunny!

Hearing Mason speak just makes my skin crawl. He twists and turns things around.

I need to check out the stuff on Maya.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: April 17, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

Me either. In certain professional jobs such as a judge you are required, not to do anything wrong, but to not even give the impression of some kind of wrong doing.

As we all know....if your name is brought up in this case, there will be repercussion for you.  However....I feel JS did nothing wrong. Court was adjourned, he was on his own time and if the man wants to speak with someone, no matter who that someone is, he has every right to do so.  JS and Marinade did not discuss the case....period. Only thing said was that JS thought it was a fair blog.  Where is the harm in that....how does that affect Casey getting a fair trial? It doesn't. JS is a person first, a judge second. He has obviously led a fantastically moral life, personal and professional.  Baez is reaching, reaching, reaching.....only thing is....there is nothing for him to grab on to.  I am a little surprised that it took Baez so long to bring this up.

As far as Marinade discussing what was said between him and JS.....we all saw for ourselves what went on that day and everyone was asking Dave about it.  He told us what happened, what was said....there was/is nothing to hide. It was a simple conversation between two people.  I blame neither one of them for this.   

I am a little surprised that it took Baez so long to bring this up.  JMO of course.

mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #870 on: April 17, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »

I hope the judge is replaced with a good ole, "ROY BEAN" type.  I hate her for what she did and she still believes she is innocent....stupid b!+ch!!!!!!!!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: April 17, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »

Well, his first contact with this blogger was right in his court room when he motioned him to come see him so if JS thought he was doing something worthy of being questionable I highly doubt he would have done it right in front of everyone, including the livestream out to the public.   The same standard is set for all officers of the court, that would include the defense that have done a heck of a lot more with media/press outlets regarding this case other than paying a compliment to a blogger or sending well wishes to a member of the media for personal reasons....such as yachting with Geraldo Riveria, dining with an ABC producer, getting money offers for interviews...we get the gist.    I think there is a real personal vendetta aspect to this motion as well...it reads like a child whining trying to tattle exaggerated tall tales because his feelings got hurt.

I will tell you this it does indeed show how desperate the defense is as well as stupid.   Bottom line Judge Strickland has been both fair & patient, there is no guarantee that a different judge would be any less or any more.    The thing that most upsets me is that a bunch of hypocrites are pointing fingers at a very reputable man attempting to manipulate the public as well as the judicial system for their gain.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: April 17, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »

In one excerpt, Casey elaborates on a paternity test she had taken to determine the true father of Caylee Marie.

"Our 'exes' sure are winners aren't they! At least I know, well am 99 % sure, that Cays isn't Jesse's. We had a paternity test done when she was a couple weeks old, and it took forever to get the results back which I've been told shouldn't have been the case ... and according to the paper he brought to my house in late Sept. 05, Jesse wasn't the father. Joy to the world! The strange thing is, Baez asked for him to give a sample of his DNA, and he refused!  We wanted to see whether or not the test results from 4 years ago were true. Drama. I despise that loser and I pity him and his self-righteous Christian family. His dad claim's to be the right hand of God. Hate to burst his bubble, but Jesus sits there. I totally know what you went through with Sam's dad. Same exact feelings J's dad had towards me. And no, they aren't Spanish. Something almost worst- Italian. I've always like Italian guys, but I've come to realize that I need to stick to my roots and go Irish. They may be drunks, but at least they cook and know how to properly treat a woman. Can I get an Amen?"

I think this proves this ho was never sure who the father was

As to the second bold highlight:  O no she didnt!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/041610-casey-anthony    I was looking for a video of Mason spewing about the State spending money posted that he said on a noon news broadcast because I wanted to see it for myself...he knows how the system work he's just trying to get the public to get it twisted.  Shameful    Anyways, in the process I happened to come across that excerpt above in the process

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: April 17, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »

IMO, this motion to remove Judge Strickland will go nowhere--and the Defense knows it---but, as usual, they hope it to be yet another tiny doubt which could be possibly positioned into the back recesses of some future jury's mind.  Laying the groundwork for hopefully tarnishing the integrity of the Florida judicial system & Prosecution? This seems to be their style & habit so far, IMO, as they surely know the facts which will come out in trial will not play in their favor.   Bit by bit, they hope to plant little seeds of diversionary doubt, IMO.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: April 17, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »

Trimm thanks for the link to Maya's interview.

At first I was skeptical, but watching her eyes looking directly at KB and listening to  her voice, she was not lying.

I am sorry she killed that girl, and pray for Maya and her victim. I couldn't hear at first when she told KB when they came to the US, and I am still not quite sure if she is Croatian, Bosnian, Albanian, etc. She made mistakes in her life and is now trying to turn them around. I am very glad I took the time to watch.   an angelic monkey

Good morning Joes Mama and all--(Hope your knee's better.)  The crime that Maya committed is horrendous.  While it can never be excused, I think Maya is trying to become a decent person.  Also, her mother's attitude is so different than Cindy Anthony's.  I don't save sites so I can't give the location where I read it, but she said something to the effect that Maya must face the consequences of her actions. I believe Maya is telling the truth about the chloroform.  I think that Casey used it daily when she told her parents she was going to work and taking Caylee to the "Nanny."  On the last occasion, IMO, she gave her too much.  Maybe it was an accident, but even if it were, it is still homocide one, a death as a result of committing a felony.  (Felony child abuse.)

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #875 on: April 17, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »

Hello monkeys.  I've been thinking more about the Motion to Recuse.  (Thanks for your comment on my last post, Sunny. I didn't bring it forward because I didn't want a big stack.) It seems to me that Judge Strickland might have used poor judgement in the comment about the truth and Casey, but it wouldn't really matter without a jury.  Also, I don't see that anything was discussed with Marinade Dave which would indicate a bias against Casey.  I'm just repeating the above as a preface to this post:

Judge Strickland has a reputation and has been recognized for his fairness.  In his rulings, IMO, he has not only been fair, but has bent over backwards to accommodate Baez, within the law, of course.  Baez is foolish to attempt this because who knows what judge they may get if Judge Strickland is removed.

Judges, of course, must be like "Caesar's wife-- beyond reproach" and IMO Strickland is beyond reproach.  Baez, of course, is a different matter.  He isn't supposed to be neutral. It is his professional duty to be a partisan for his client, and not impartial.  He must take Casey's side and I guess all of his TV appearances, etc. are his attempts to do that.  I don't think he has helped Casey with his inept efforts to be a media personality, but he is free to do it since the judge ruled in his favor when he asked that no "Gag order" be in place. 

I can think of no occasion where the SA has commented on the case or where any information has been "Leaked" as Baez has tried to claim in the past.  What has been released is what is required by FL Law. 

I think Judge Strickland has not violated any canon of ethics, and I hope he isn't removed. But I, like everyone else who are not attorneys, can only give our opinions and not state anything as black and white.  In this case, IMO, even an attorney cannot forecast with any absolute certainty what will happen.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: April 17, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »

IMHO & several others obviously, Judge Strickland did not have any lack of judgment in making the comment referring to Casey Anthony and the truth being strangers.   He was speaking from facts before him not an opinion as well as an admittance from the defendant herself that she lied.   He was fully within ethically boundaries for making the observation he made verbal in open court.   The legal consideration before him that day was to consider bond, Casey's not reporting Caylee "missing" for 31 days,  the evidence up to that point that was presented, the lack of cooperation from her or her family & then lying in every aspect after she was cornered...in other words several things were legal grounds to take into consideration as to what her bond would be, if any.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: April 17, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »

IMHO & several others obviously, Judge Strickland did not have any lack of judgment in making the comment referring to Casey Anthony and the truth being strangers.   He was speaking from facts before him not an opinion as well as an admittance from the defendant herself that she lied.   He was fully within ethically boundaries for making the observation he made verbal in open court.   The legal consideration before him that day was to consider bond, Casey's not reporting Caylee "missing" for 31 days,  the evidence up to that point that was presented, the lack of cooperation from her or her family & then lying in every aspect after she was cornered...in other words several things were legal grounds to take into consideration as to what her bond would be, if any.

self-edit  ethical not ethically

Have a beautiful day everyone, Im going shopping!

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: April 17, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »

I don't see that Jugde Strickland did anything wrong.
The case hasn't even gone to trial yet and he's a judge, not a juror that was given instructions not to read anything more about the case.

There's no way he's going to recuse himself, but it would serve the defense right if he did.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
The duhfense has really outdone themselves this time.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: April 17, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »

In one excerpt, Casey elaborates on a paternity test she had taken to determine the true father of Caylee Marie.

"Our 'exes' sure are winners aren't they! At least I know, well am 99 % sure, that Cays isn't Jesse's. We had a paternity test done when she was a couple weeks old, and it took forever to get the results back which I've been told shouldn't have been the case ... and according to the paper he brought to my house in late Sept. 05, Jesse wasn't the father. Joy to the world! The strange thing is, Baez asked for him to give a sample of his DNA, and he refused!  We wanted to see whether or not the test results from 4 years ago were true. Drama. I despise that loser and I pity him and his self-righteous Christian family. His dad claim's to be the right hand of God. Hate to burst his bubble, but Jesus sits there. I totally know what you went through with Sam's dad. Same exact feelings J's dad had towards me. And no, they aren't Spanish. Something almost worst- Italian. I've always like Italian guys, but I've come to realize that I need to stick to my roots and go Irish. They may be drunks, but at least they cook and know how to properly treat a woman. Can I get an Amen?"

I think this proves this ho was never sure who the father was

As to the second bold highlight:  O no she didnt!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/041610-casey-anthony    I was looking for a video of Mason spewing about the State spending money posted that he said on a noon news broadcast because I wanted to see it for myself...he knows how the system work he's just trying to get the public to get it twisted.  Shameful    Anyways, in the process I happened to come across that excerpt above in the process
It never ceases to amaze me that that twit talks and writes as if this isn't about her.   Earth to KC, it's my understanding that she was already pregnant enough for Jesse to notice when they started going out, that's WHY he was pretty sure the baby couldn't be his.  Why wouldn't a girl chatting up her BFF just say, I was gettin busy a lot back then so I wasn't too sure myself but she forgets and sort of gloms into her psuedo role as a part of the defense team and makes out like they all were wondering if the results would be the same 2nd time around.  What a piece of work she is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.