April 26, 2024, 05:48:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277363 times)
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: April 17, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »

very good article on Maya explaining when Jackie Curtis was murdered.

http://florida-issues.blogspot.com/2007/10/jailed-orange-teen-admits-she-killed.html

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: April 17, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »

http://florida-issues.blogspot.com/2007/10/jailed-orange-teen-admits-she-killed.html

Thanks, My Monkey--I found Maya's mother's comments very commendable.  What Maya did was unforgiveable, and she seems to know it now.  Nothing she can ever do will bring back the victim, but at least she took responsibility and is serving her time and trying to better herself.  Such a difference from the Anthonys.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: April 17, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »

Here's another stupid motion- scroll all the way down and look at Mason's Notary Public stamp- his commission has expired in Nov 09.  They really need a proof reader to check their motions before filing them.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/0416%20Motion%20To%20Disqualify%20Judge.pdf

A smart poster on another site noticed this. 
Cappy-Does that make it void?

What it does mean for certain is that this document is not notarized valid per se, whether it would be qualified to be null & void as a result since it is also by an "officer of the court" (attorney) Im not 100% positive that it would be.   I am seeing a few other things:

Someone look to see if Mason visited Casey between April 10th-April 14th because in order for it to be notarized by anyone in accordance to law the signature has to be made in the presence of the notary with ID (in Casey's case it would be her inmate ID #) & the document being signed must be complete before a notary signs it with raised seal.    Also, I do not see a date that Casey signed this as well as affirming when the notary signed it (Mason).    The only date I see by the defense is when they hand delivered the motion/affidavit it to Judge Strickland (4/16/10).    The poor excuse of a transcript attached is signed with identification & notarized 4/14/10

Is it even legal for him to notarize his own documents?
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: April 17, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »

It seems it is illegal for him to notarize his own docs- am I reading this right Capp?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_notary_public_notarize_a_document_for_a_spouse
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: April 17, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »

It seems it is illegal for him to notarize his own docs- am I reading this right Capp?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_notary_public_notarize_a_document_for_a_spouse

It depends on the State but in some attorneys can notarize documents signed by their client...i.e. NY, I'll have to look at Florida Notary License law specifically.   This document is signed by Casey and notarized by Mason (date expired but not sure if his being one of her attorneys will make the notary expiration date irrelevant or not for sure yet).    I'm sorry for the delay I went shopping (great therapy) and spent a bit of ca ching on a new wardrobe for my upcoming trip back to my home state for babygirl's college grad which just happens to be on Mother's Day...what a memorable gift on a special day!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: April 17, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »

In one excerpt, Casey elaborates on a paternity test she had taken to determine the true father of Caylee Marie.

"Our 'exes' sure are winners aren't they! At least I know, well am 99 % sure, that Cays isn't Jesse's. We had a paternity test done when she was a couple weeks old, and it took forever to get the results back which I've been told shouldn't have been the case ... and according to the paper he brought to my house in late Sept. 05, Jesse wasn't the father. Joy to the world! The strange thing is, Baez asked for him to give a sample of his DNA, and he refused!  We wanted to see whether or not the test results from 4 years ago were true. Drama. I despise that loser and I pity him and his self-righteous Christian family. His dad claim's to be the right hand of God. Hate to burst his bubble, but Jesus sits there. I totally know what you went through with Sam's dad. Same exact feelings J's dad had towards me. And no, they aren't Spanish. Something almost worst- Italian. I've always like Italian guys, but I've come to realize that I need to stick to my roots and go Irish. They may be drunks, but at least they cook and know how to properly treat a woman. Can I get an Amen?"

I think this proves this ho was never sure who the father was

As to the second bold highlight:  O no she didnt!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/041610-casey-anthony    I was looking for a video of Mason spewing about the State spending money posted that he said on a noon news broadcast because I wanted to see it for myself...he knows how the system work he's just trying to get the public to get it twisted.  Shameful    Anyways, in the process I happened to come across that excerpt above in the process
It never ceases to amaze me that that twit talks and writes as if this isn't about her.   Earth to KC, it's my understanding that she was already pregnant enough for Jesse to notice when they started going out, that's WHY he was pretty sure the baby couldn't be his.  Why wouldn't a girl chatting up her BFF just say, I was gettin busy a lot back then so I wasn't too sure myself but she forgets and sort of gloms into her psuedo role as a part of the defense team and makes out like they all were wondering if the results would be the same 2nd time around.  What a piece of work she is.

That and the ethnic slurs...hmm where did she get that from     Boy, did she just insult a good percentage of her potential jury pool...Christians, Hispanics, Italians.  Did she forget that one of her "boys" her original lead attorney (Bozo) is of Hispanic origin?      Damass!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #886 on: April 17, 2010, 08:26:02 PM »

sunny,part two was good.I am glad we got the opportunity to watch it.   

Good Morning trim.......I am glad too...I really laughed when Maya said she read the dictionary to improve her vocabulary......   and certainly agreed with her when she said going to prison saved her life.....I think we will hear more about this young woman.....she reminds me of Karla Faye Tucker
Sunny, I thought at the beginning she may be a person like Karla Faye Tucker, but Maya isn't looking for a way out now, like trying to get off of death row.

Maya seems to have turned her life around (maybe she hasn't) but I like to see the best in people (bad trait of mine), but when Karla Faye Tucker was trying to get a pardon I had a hard time with wanting her to get the pardon and for some reason just thought her change in life was BS. I am probably wrong about Maya, usually I am a bad judge of character. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: April 17, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »

I don't see that Jugde Strickland did anything wrong.
The case hasn't even gone to trial yet and he's a judge, not a juror that was given instructions not to read anything more about the case.

There's no way he's going to recuse himself, but it would serve the defense right if he did.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
The duhfense has really outdone themselves this time.

Maybe he will get the HANGING JUDGE called in from Ocala.

County Court Judge John E. Futch knows he has a reputation as a "hanging judge," Judge John Futch throw-the-book-at-them type who dispenses justice swiftly and harshly. But Futch, 56, who has been a county judge since 1988, says those who believe that aren't seeing the full picture.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »

Thank-you Sunny, I just don't know what to think about this latest development, but I will just say this, I don't think the judge should be speaking with bloggers. The rest is up to deal with this morally and legally, and I will be watching with the rest of you.

I agree with you, no rose.  This case is high profile enough.  Why open yourself up to criticism by calling a blogger over to you in the courtroom and then calling later to check on his health??  I do not understand why the judge did it.  I also do not understand why the blogger then had to discuss it. 

I don't know if I BELIEVE IT  -

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2010, 09:11:19 PM »

Here's another stupid motion- scroll all the way down and look at Mason's Notary Public stamp- his commission has expired in Nov 09.  They really need a proof reader to check their motions before filing them.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/0416%20Motion%20To%20Disqualify%20Judge.pdf

What it does mean for certain is that this document is not notarized valid per se, whether it would be qualified to be null & void as a result since it is also by an "officer of the court" (attorney) Im not 100% positive that it would be.   I am seeing a few other things:

Someone look to see if Mason visited Casey between April 10th-April 14th because in order for it to be notarized by anyone in accordance to law the signature has to be made in the presence of the notary with ID (in Casey's case it would be her inmate ID #) & the document being signed must be complete before a notary signs it with raised seal.    Also, I do not see a date that Casey signed this as well as affirming when the notary signed it (Mason).    The only date I see by the defense is when they hand delivered the motion/affidavit it to Judge Strickland (4/16/10).    The poor excuse of a transcript attached is signed with identification & notarized 4/14/10

This was a good catch !! You know, I keep wondering about this.  Surely he wouldn't do something which would be inappropriate but this is wacko--I've never heard of this.  It's not as though he is at a loss for notaries---every law firm has a ton of notaries flitting around their prospective offices... Odd.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2010, 09:17:44 PM »

*** respective *** offices. lol
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: April 18, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »

This was a good catch !! You know, I keep wondering about this.  Surely he wouldn't do something which would be inappropriate but this is wacko--I've never heard of this.  It's not as though he is at a loss for notaries---every law firm has a ton of notaries flitting around their prospective offices... Odd.

Great catch! 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: April 18, 2010, 07:44:24 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/17/blogger_i_will_forever_be_remembered_as_defenses_scapegoat.html
 Blogger: “I Will Forever Be Remembered As Defense’s Scapegoat”
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:52:08 AM
Reported by Amanda Evans

ORLANDO -- A blogger says he feels targeted after a motion filed by Casey Anthony's lawyers requested Judge Stan Strickland be removed from the case.

Anthony’s lawyers said Strickland had an inappropriate conversation with the man who blogs about the case.

The blogger, known on his site as Marinade Dave, is getting messages from his followers encouraging him to keep his head up.

Dave Knechel said he never looked for trouble.

Knechel started his online blog Saturday by saying, "To say I was blindsided by this defense is an absolute understatement."

He went on to say "this motion is eating me up inside because I will forever be remembered as the defense's scapegoat."

Just hours before the motion was filed, Knechel told News 13 about his relationship with Strickland.

Knechel said the judge had noticed his writing and even told him, in person, he thought his blog was fair.
Knechel said he now wishes he would have kept that interaction to himself.

But Knechel isn't holding back on what he thinks should happen with this case and his feelings for Anthony's defense team.

“What the judge needs to do is toss this motion out because it smacks of desperation. When Baez and Mason must attack a blogger and a distinguished member of the court, clearly, they have run out of options," Knechel said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #893 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:23 AM »

Amazing how an attorney (?) (Baez) thinks he is so wholesome and uncontaminated that he feels the need to pass judgment on so many people other than his (suspicious) client.  Just mindbogglingly!  He seems to hold everyone else up to the honor of God. shaking
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: April 18, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »

Amazing how an attorney (?) (Baez) thinks he is so wholesome and uncontaminated that he feels the need to pass judgment on so many people other than his (suspicious) client.  Just mindbogglingly!  He seems to hold everyone else up to the honor of God. shaking

He must have been surrounded by the mindset of "do as I say, not as I do" then again maybe he's just an a$$hat

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: April 18, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »

Trimm thanks for the link to Maya's interview.

At first I was skeptical, but watching her eyes looking directly at KB and listening to  her voice, she was not lying.

I am sorry she killed that girl, and pray for Maya and her victim. I couldn't hear at first when she told KB when they came to the US, and I am still not quite sure if she is Croatian, Bosnian, Albanian, etc. She made mistakes in her life and is now trying to turn them around. I am very glad I took the time to watch.   an angelic monkey

Good morning Joes Mama and all--(Hope your knee's better.)  The crime that Maya committed is horrendous.  While it can never be excused, I think Maya is trying to become a decent person.  Also, her mother's attitude is so different than Cindy Anthony's.  I don't save sites so I can't give the location where I read it, but she said something to the effect that Maya must face the consequences of her actions. I believe Maya is telling the truth about the chloroform.  I think that Casey used it daily when she told her parents she was going to work and taking Caylee to the "Nanny."  On the last occasion, IMO, she gave her too much.  Maybe it was an accident, but even if it were, it is still homocide one, a death as a result of committing a felony.  (Felony child abuse.)
  Hi Baby, thanks the knee is better. Maya's crime was horrible and she is paying her time. She didn't seem to have any pity for herself in that interview, she owned up to what she did and is paying the price. I have been thinking about her a lot since that interview. As you all know I am not a good judge of character. (I USED to feel sorry for George), so Maya may be pulling the wool over my eyes. But from what I can tell she seems to be the most truthful out of all the players in this case. IDK I may be wrong and I am sure I will be eating my words in the days to come.

PS love your avatar. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: April 18, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

Thanks for the link Mymonkey. That article makes me feel a little bit better about my opinion of Maya.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/17/blogger_i_will_forever_be_remembered_as_defenses_scapegoat.html
 Blogger: “I Will Forever Be Remembered As Defense’s Scapegoat”
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:52:08 AM
Reported by Amanda Evans

ORLANDO -- A blogger says he feels targeted after a motion filed by Casey Anthony's lawyers requested Judge Stan Strickland be removed from the case.

Anthony’s lawyers said Strickland had an inappropriate conversation with the man who blogs about the case.

The blogger, known on his site as Marinade Dave, is getting messages from his followers encouraging him to keep his head up.

Dave Knechel said he never looked for trouble.

Knechel started his online blog Saturday by saying, "To say I was blindsided by this defense is an absolute understatement."

He went on to say "this motion is eating me up inside because I will forever be remembered as the defense's scapegoat."

Just hours before the motion was filed, Knechel told News 13 about his relationship with Strickland.

Knechel said the judge had noticed his writing and even told him, in person, he thought his blog was fair.
Knechel said he now wishes he would have kept that interaction to himself.

But Knechel isn't holding back on what he thinks should happen with this case and his feelings for Anthony's defense team.

“What the judge needs to do is toss this motion out because it smacks of desperation. When Baez and Mason must attack a blogger and a distinguished member of the court, clearly, they have run out of options," Knechel said.

YA THINK?   My lord, first this dolt brags about something, literally teases readers with the content of that interaction as if it is juicy but only turns out to be self-serving.  Now, although very complimentary to the judge and critical of this desperate defense he admits maybe,  just maybe he should have kept a private interaction that has NO impact on this case to himself, seriously?   I'm glad he has to further go on about readers telling him to keep his chin up, but frankly Id like to stamp a message on his forehead(use your imagination).   He can say he was ambushed all the day long, but it was him sticking his nose smack in the middle.  If you dont have the wisdom to know what to say, what to ask, what to do or not to with whom directly involved in a case, stay home and STFU.   Before he sat down to talk to the defense WTH did he think they were hunting for, my God get a clue!

Ya know, its one thing to write opinions & views about a case, we all have them but to insert yourself directly with an obvious lack of judgement & experience other than marinading is another.... what does he think of himself that he was working on being the next Dominic Dunne....please!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #898 on: April 18, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »

Just had to comment on the notary issue. It is true he is no longer a notary - he probably forgot to renew it. This could be a big issue for the court. I know I helped write a motion to have an affidavit thrown out (and the case with it) when the document was not properly notarized. There is a special Florida Notary for attorney's that have to regularly notarize documents. It appears this is for attorney's that practice international law.

The issue here may be mute though. Her attorneys signed it - which in most jurisdictions is a certification even without the client signing the document. I am not sure about Florida law, but normally we never had clients sign unless it was a specific type of document (interrogatories, motions we did not really want to file but the client insisted etc).  Does any of the smart attorney types on here know if motions to recuse judges have to be signed by the defendant?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: April 18, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »

Video:Blogger Fires Back  http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=bloggerfiresback_041720100954&cat=CAC&title=Blogger

Video: blogger speaks Out  http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=0416CaseyBlogger_041620100857&cat=CAC&title=Blogger

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.