April 25, 2024, 06:22:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 277304 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: April 18, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »

Video: Attorney: Anthony Judge Recusal Defense's Worst Move
http://www.wesh.com/video/23179601/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: April 18, 2010, 11:06:29 AM »

Just had to comment on the notary issue. It is true he is no longer a notary - he probably forgot to renew it. This could be a big issue for the court. I know I helped write a motion to have an affidavit thrown out (and the case with it) when the document was not properly notarized. There is a special Florida Notary for attorney's that have to regularly notarize documents. It appears this is for attorney's that practice international law.

The issue here may be mute though. Her attorneys signed it - which in most jurisdictions is a certification even without the client signing the document. I am not sure about Florida law, but normally we never had clients sign unless it was a specific type of document (interrogatories, motions we did not really want to file but the client insisted etc).  Does any of the smart attorney types on here know if motions to recuse judges have to be signed by the defendant?

This is what I wanted more info on specific to Florida because there are a few differences in notary license laws state to state. 

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: April 18, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »

Good morning Monkeys---As it happens, some years ago I was a Notary in Florida.  I lived in Jacksonville at the time--South side, San Marco Blvd.  In fact, I think I still have my embosser.  I would not consider a signature notarized after the expiration of one's commission to be legal, although I don't remember if that is specifically stated in the instructions required for Notaries to read and take an oath to abide by.  As an aside, I was allowed to perform marriage ceremonies, of which I did several.

Also, as I recall a Notary may not give an oath or witness a signature for a document in which the Notary has a financial interest.  Attorneys are exempt from this as they may withness signatures of their clients and may benefit to the extent of their fees to represent the client.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: April 18, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »

Good morning Monkeys---As it happens, some years ago I was a Notary in Florida.  I lived in Jacksonville at the time--South side, San Marco Blvd.  In fact, I think I still have my embosser.  I would not consider a signature notarized after the expiration of one's commission to be legal, although I don't remember if that is specifically stated in the instructions required for Notaries to read and take an oath to abide by.  As an aside, I was allowed to perform marriage ceremonies, of which I did several.

Also, as I recall a Notary may not give an oath or witness a signature for a document in which the Notary has a financial interest.  Attorneys are exempt from this as they may witness signatures of their clients and may benefit to the extent of their fees to represent the client.   Edited to correct a typo.

A little late for church--see you later.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »

In one excerpt, Casey elaborates on a paternity test she had taken to determine the true father of Caylee Marie.

"Our 'exes' sure are winners aren't they! At least I know, well am 99 % sure, that Cays isn't Jesse's. We had a paternity test done when she was a couple weeks old, and it took forever to get the results back which I've been told shouldn't have been the case ... and according to the paper he brought to my house in late Sept. 05, Jesse wasn't the father. Joy to the world! The strange thing is, Baez asked for him to give a sample of his DNA, and he refused!  We wanted to see whether or not the test results from 4 years ago were true. Drama. I despise that loser and I pity him and his self-righteous Christian family. His dad claim's to be the right hand of God. Hate to burst his bubble, but Jesus sits there. I totally know what you went through with Sam's dad. Same exact feelings J's dad had towards me. And no, they aren't Spanish. Something almost worst- Italian. I've always like Italian guys, but I've come to realize that I need to stick to my roots and go Irish. They may be drunks, but at least they cook and know how to properly treat a woman. Can I get an Amen?"

I think this proves this ho was never sure who the father was

As to the second bold highlight:  O no she didnt!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/041610-casey-anthony    I was looking for a video of Mason spewing about the State spending money posted that he said on a noon news broadcast because I wanted to see it for myself...he knows how the system work he's just trying to get the public to get it twisted.  Shameful    Anyways, in the process I happened to come across that excerpt above in the process
It never ceases to amaze me that that twit talks and writes as if this isn't about her.   Earth to KC, it's my understanding that she was already pregnant enough for Jesse to notice when they started going out, that's WHY he was pretty sure the baby couldn't be his.  Why wouldn't a girl chatting up her BFF just say, I was gettin busy a lot back then so I wasn't too sure myself but she forgets and sort of gloms into her psuedo role as a part of the defense team and makes out like they all were wondering if the results would be the same 2nd time around.  What a piece of work she is.

That and the ethnic slurs...hmm where did she get that from     Boy, did she just insult a good percentage of her potential jury pool...Christians, Hispanics, Italians.  Did she forget that one of her "boys" her original lead attorney (Bozo) is of Hispanic origin?      Damass!

LOL and don't forget her racial slur against blacks..chocolate she called them!  She is going to have a rough time finding new friends in prison by the time she is done with all her personal slurs.

I think that the defense almost had to file this motion because they have to file every ridiculous motion available here on out in order to get Casey to plea.  They will be nonsense coming down the pike..change of venue, etc.  until they run out of motions.  I hate to say that but it is pretty common in a death penalty case.  Then they will push her  buttons to try to get her to plea. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: April 18, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »

In one excerpt, Casey elaborates on a paternity test she had taken to determine the true father of Caylee Marie.

"Our 'exes' sure are winners aren't they! At least I know, well am 99 % sure, that Cays isn't Jesse's. We had a paternity test done when she was a couple weeks old, and it took forever to get the results back which I've been told shouldn't have been the case ... and according to the paper he brought to my house in late Sept. 05, Jesse wasn't the father. Joy to the world! The strange thing is, Baez asked for him to give a sample of his DNA, and he refused!  We wanted to see whether or not the test results from 4 years ago were true. Drama. I despise that loser and I pity him and his self-righteous Christian family. His dad claim's to be the right hand of God. Hate to burst his bubble, but Jesus sits there. I totally know what you went through with Sam's dad. Same exact feelings J's dad had towards me. And no, they aren't Spanish. Something almost worst- Italian. I've always like Italian guys, but I've come to realize that I need to stick to my roots and go Irish. They may be drunks, but at least they cook and know how to properly treat a woman. Can I get an Amen?"

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/041610-casey-anthony    I was looking for a video of Mason spewing about the State spending money posted that he said on a noon news broadcast because I wanted to see it for myself...he knows how the system work he's just trying to get the public to get it twisted.  Shameful    Anyways, in the process I happened to come across that excerpt above in the process
It never ceases to amaze me that that twit talks and writes as if this isn't about her.   Earth to KC, it's my understanding that she was already pregnant enough for Jesse to notice when they started going out, that's WHY he was pretty sure the baby couldn't be his.  Why wouldn't a girl chatting up her BFF just say, I was gettin busy a lot back then so I wasn't too sure myself but she forgets and sort of gloms into her psuedo role as a part of the defense team and makes out like they all were wondering if the results would be the same 2nd time around.  What a piece of work she is.

That and the ethnic slurs...hmm where did she get that from     Boy, did she just insult a good percentage of her potential jury pool...Christians, Hispanics, Italians.  Did she forget that one of her "boys" her original lead attorney (Bozo) is of Hispanic origin?      Damass!

LOL and don't forget her racial slur against blacks..chocolate she called them!  She is going to have a rough time finding new friends in prison by the time she is done with all her personal slurs.

I think that the defense almost had to file this motion because they have to file every ridiculous motion available here on out in order to get Casey to plea.  They will be nonsense coming down the pike..change of venue, etc.  until they run out of motions.  I hate to say that but it is pretty common in a death penalty case.  Then they will push her  buttons to try to get her to plea. 
The really irritating part will be IF  JS recuses himself , will they be able to say that any decision that he's ruled on already must be struck down and the whole ridiculous motion escapades will begin all over?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: April 18, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »

Well, FWIW Hornsby seems to be under the impression that Chief Judge Belvin Perry may be taking over the case (Strickland & Rodriguez being under him), but I just heard that on the Wesh report (link above) & nowhere else as of yet.    And wouldnt you know it Marinadave has a story involving him & another judge too!  http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2006/03/03/judge-belvin-perry-jr-little-black-boy/

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: April 18, 2010, 11:52:02 AM »

^Generally speaking Miz, no but this motion to recuse is just the beginning of then the defense looking for ways to try to get the case thrown out....they have a better chance of seeing God.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: April 18, 2010, 12:08:38 PM »

^Generally speaking Miz, no but this motion to recuse is just the beginning of then the defense looking for ways to try to get the case thrown out....they have a better chance of seeing God.
I sure understand that that's the atty's job and all that but FTLG enough is enough. I guess they don't care but they make me despise lawyers in general as unscrupulous money grabbers willing to go to any length to get clients off on a technical issue,  instead of using their skill in  the courtroom.  Instead of defending their client, they have spent every penny maligning others. What next, dirt scraped up on the courier that delivered a rush pkg to the FBI ?  If they succeed with this, I hope that they rue the day, Js has been uber lenient and lets them get away with sass, belligerence and ignorance. 
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: April 18, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »

I don't care for the 'other site' that much, but I did like this opinion from one of their lawyers.
'This motion is coming from a Defense that has consistently done stupid things, so the deference which might ordinarily be afforded to this type of motion is lacking.
I also think Judge Strickland stepping down would have scary implications. If a party wants to Judge shop or derail the proceedings, all the party has to do is dig up something they can pretend is dirt and then make some allegations, file a motion and then 'poof' the Judge is gone.
Are Defense Attorneys going to stake out Judges childrens' facebook accounts, waiting for some 14 yr old to say "My dad says when this dumb case is over,we're all going to Hawaii. It's so stupid, we were supposed to leave yesterday". (Oh no, the Judge resents having to preside over defendant's case...  Just last week the Defense filed 8 motions, clearly this frustrated his family vacation plans and he'll do anything to dispose of defendant's case! He probably told his daughter the defendant was stupid and dumb etc)

This sums it up very well.  She is of the opinion that JS should not and will not step down.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: April 18, 2010, 12:27:11 PM »

I don't care for the 'other site' that much, but I did like this opinion from one of their lawyers.
'This motion is coming from a Defense that has consistently done stupid things, so the deference which might ordinarily be afforded to this type of motion is lacking.
I also think Judge Strickland stepping down would have scary implications. If a party wants to Judge shop or derail the proceedings, all the party has to do is dig up something they can pretend is dirt and then make some allegations, file a motion and then 'poof' the Judge is gone.
Are Defense Attorneys going to stake out Judges childrens' facebook accounts, waiting for some 14 yr old to say "My dad says when this dumb case is over,we're all going to Hawaii. It's so stupid, we were supposed to leave yesterday". (Oh no, the Judge resents having to preside over defendant's case...  Just last week the Defense filed 8 motions, clearly this frustrated his family vacation plans and he'll do anything to dispose of defendant's case! He probably told his daughter the defendant was stupid and dumb etc)

This sums it up very well.  She is of the opinion that JS should not and will not step down.

WO that is a good comment.   With the online record keeper, whether it's FB, MS or any other thing, most anybody could be digitally tracked and unfairly attacked. With these PI's on the payroll, I would venture to guess that innocent posts or purchases or pictures can be twisted and tweaked to make even a saint worry that total personal humiliation could be right around the corner at the next televised presser.  Pretty soon, this form of blackmail will dominate unless people are willing to take a stand against it.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: April 18, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »

IMO, it's yet another subtle Defense tactic to try to cast aspersions & doubt on the validity of the Court.  Remember that great scoop that Kathi gave us awhile back regarding that speech A. L. gave where she makes all those derrogatory remarks regarding judges?   They wish to cast soubt on Law Enforcement, the FBI, the foresnic labs and now the judge, IMO.    It's a chess match.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #912 on: April 18, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »

Also, as I recall a Notary may not give an oath or witness a signature for a document in which the Notary has a financial interest.  Attorneys are exempt from this as they may withness signatures of their clients and may benefit to the extent of their fees to represent the client.

Thanks for the info.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: April 18, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

IMO, it's yet another subtle Defense tactic to try to cast aspersions & doubt on the validity of the Court.  Remember that great scoop that Kathi gave us awhile back regarding that speech A. L. gave where she makes all those derrogatory remarks regarding judges?   They wish to cast soubt on Law Enforcement, the FBI, the foresnic labs and now the judge, IMO.    It's a chess match.

** cast doubt **
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: April 18, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »

Okay        now I see that I've really lost it!    Two comments in the wrong thread and it's not even noon yet.  Sorry about that   

Does anyone think Judge Strickland will recuse himself? I don't. I wonder why Hornsby thinks he will?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #915 on: April 18, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »

Okay        now I see that I've really lost it!    Two comments in the wrong thread and it's not even noon yet.  Sorry about that   

Does anyone think Judge Strickland will recuse himself? I don't. I wonder why Hornsby thinks he will?

If I were the Judge I think I would be inclined to let them have their way, JS took the case when he didn't have to just because he didn't want to it to fall to another Judge. He didn't have to take it, if their is a Judge Dread type lurking in the wings I say turn it over to him. They already had the most fair judge they could possibly get, I'd like them to feel the heavy hand of justice. I would also like it if he then walks over to CA smacks the back of her head hard enough that the gum shoots out of that mealy mouth of hers. JMO

JS is much too good for this lot 

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: April 18, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

ROFLMAO !!!  

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: April 18, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »

If he does it will be because he is tired of then entire BS session they have pulled, NOT because of any inappropriate behavior on his part, for sure. I tend to think he won't because it would take another judge a long time to get up to speed on all that has already happened in the case.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: April 18, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »

Amazing how an attorney (?) (Baez) thinks he is so wholesome and uncontaminated that he feels the need to pass judgment on so many people other than his (suspicious) client.  Just mindbogglingly!  He seems to hold everyone else up to the honor of God. shaking

He must have been surrounded by the mindset of "do as I say, not as I do" then again maybe he's just an a$$hat

I think he is WAY in over his head (and has been from the beginning) and is so desperate at this point he must point fingers anywhere he can.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: April 18, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »

Not for any reason the defense is desperately trying to achieve but possibly due to scheduling & his other assignments which has already been discussed with both sides -yes, the defense is tying to make something of that too in their motion but it is hardly considerations that are not facing judges within their careers, something that Bozo, Mason, Lyons, even Hornsby will never see the likes of.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.