April 18, 2024, 04:40:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 276841 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #960 on: April 19, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »

Love it, a new term for legal eagles regarding motions that are ridiculous & not properly executed:  "Bozomotion"    I hope he's proud of that 

PS   Im grilling steaks tonight, just call it therapy.

Monkey Devil!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #961 on: April 19, 2010, 01:48:05 PM »

It's like watching a train wreck. 
If it makes MD(a$$hat)feel any better,I am gonna refrain from even looking at his website.I don't want to be responsible for his head exploding due to his ever increasing ego.
Bozo has some competition.   
It's so hard not to go peek,  just to see what crybaby jag he's on but then it registers as a hit and feeds his ego!  It's the same for Nancy Grace, I've really gotten where I can't stand her show but it's almost impossible for me not to watch at times , therapy . Therapy is prolly the best answer for me   

We're all gonna need therapy.   

Ya think ????   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: April 19, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/04/did-caseys-defense-make-a-mist.html
WDBO Local News      
Did Casey's defense make a mistake asking judge to remove himself?
By
Dave Wahl
@ April 19, 2010 12:02 PM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
We've learned that in the motion we told you about last week is a problem.
t the bottom of it is the notarization from Anthony's newest lawyer J. Cheney Mason. but if you look at it carefully, the notary seal shows Mason's certification as a notary expired in November 2009. Legal experts say if that's seen as a problem, Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland could deny the motion. On the other hand, the defense could refile the motion with a new notarization.

Anthony's defense claims Strickland should be removed because he had contact with a blogger who cover's the case . In the motion, the defense outlines how it believes Strickland has developed a personal relationship with the blogger.

The forgot to mention that there is no date that Casey Anthony signed it.   The only date by the defense I saw was the date they certify that it was hand delivered to Judge Strickland.   The reason I find that important is that a document is not to be notarized unless it is complete & signed in the presence of the notary.

Yes ... that's the purpose of the notary---to be a witness to the signing.   I couldn't find a date that Casey signed it either.  I wondered about that too, Capp.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: April 19, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »

KC must feel like her life is in good hands,     they can't even get a motion right.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: April 19, 2010, 03:29:50 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23197462/detail.html
Casey's Defense Refiles Motion After Notary Error

Posted: 2:53 pm EDT April 19, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Less than a day after Eyewitness News discovered there was a problem with a motion in the Casey Anthony case, her defense team filed a new version (read it).

On the motion they had originally filed, seeking a disqualification of Judge Stan Strickland, at the bottom of the motion (read that version), Anthony's newest lawyer, J. Cheney Mason, notarized it himself; but an inspection of the notary seal shows Mason's certification as a notary expired in November 2009.
Motion : Fixed Version http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23197373/detail.html
            Original Version  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23176762/detail.html
WFTV talked to legal analyst Bill Sheaffer Sunday. He said the fact that it's expired could be seen as a defect and an opening for a judge to deny the motion; however, the defense would be free to re-file the motion with new notarization.

That's exactly what the defense did, with a new motion being filed Monday afternoon.

MOTION FILED TO HAVE JUDGE REMOVED IN CASEY CASE

Casey Anthony’s defense filed a motion Friday to have Judge Stan Strickland removed from the case.

Jose Baez claims that Strickland should be removed because he has had contact with a blogger, who covers the Casey case, named Dave Knechel, otherwise known as Marinade Dave.

The blogger claims he told defense investigators on April 11 that he received a phone call from Judge Strickland when Knechel was sick, wishing him well.

Casey’s defense team claims Knechel developed a personal relationship with Strickland, and that because of headlines on Knechel's blog like "Casey Anthony Must Die", Knechel is biased towards the prosecution, and Strickland supports his views.

But Knechel disagrees. "I think he's a very fair judge. If the judge can sit down and read a newspaper, if he can watch the news on TV, why can't he read a blog?" asked Knechel.

The defense cited the incidents with Knechel and called Judge Strickland a publicity hound who's concerned about politics, and made a comment about not wanting to set a trial date until after his re-election.

Knechel spoke to Eyewitness News on Friday night, and said he thinks the defense is taking a
big risk by filing the motion to remove Judge Strickland. "They're putting their hands in hot water. They don't know what the outcome is going to be. Who will the next judge be?".

Eyewitness News Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer agrees, saying the motion is a mistake because Knechel is not directly involved in the case. Sheaffer said the defense could not ask for a more impartial, patient, or fair judge.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: April 19, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »

Love it, a new term for legal eagles regarding motions that are ridiculous & not properly executed:  "Bozomotion"    I hope he's proud of that 

PS   Im grilling steaks tonight, just call it therapy.

Love the "bozomotion", freaking hilarious!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: April 19, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

The duhfense has GOT to be insane.
I don't see that Strickland broke any rules of conduct.
He didn't give his opinion of Casey's guilt or innocence.
All he basically did was tell some idiot that he enjoyed their blog.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: April 19, 2010, 04:45:32 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23197786/detail.html
Anthony Defense Seeks To Have Judge Removed
Defense Questions Judge's Relationship With Blogger
POSTED: 3:24 pm EDT April 19, 2010
UPDATED: 4:23 pm EDT April 19, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony filed an amended motion on Sunday to have Judge Stan Strickland removed from the case.

Anthony laughed at a joke made by Strickland during a court hearing in October, but what happened after that has the defense demanding Strickland step down from the case.

Online blogger Dave Knechel, who calls himself Marinade Dave, was at the hearing. He testified that Strickland had a court deputy call him to his hallway door where, according to Knechel, Strickland said, "Needless to say, I go on the Internet to read about this case. I must say that you have the best website regarding this case. You investigate and you are fair to everyone."

Knechel also said Strickland called him when he was sick.

"Any judge would want to be very careful about what they do in terms of how it's going to be perceived by others," Florida A&M University Law School professor LeRoy Pernell said.

Pernell wouldn't say if Strickland should recuse himself, but he said the relationship with the blogger is questionable.
Particularly a judge in a high-profile case has to always consider the impact of what they say or do, whether it's intentional or not," Pernell said.

One of Knechel's blogs reads, "Casey Anthony Must Die." He also posted a poem about the October encounter. In part it reads, "The judge then said I'm impressed, and Dave was thinking I feel blessed."

The Anthony defense called it just some of the growing proof that Strickland is biased.

"Our concern is that the judge, by his actions, has validated this blogger, who has labeled (Casey Anthony) guilty and called for her to die," defense attorney Cheney Mason said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: April 19, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »

Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony filed an amended motion on Sunday to have Judge Stan Strickland removed from the case.

Can they do that on Sunday?

~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: April 19, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »

Can they do that on Sunday?

That must be a typo.
http://www.wftv.com/news/23197462/detail.html?treets=orlc&tml=orlc_4pm&ts=T&tmi=orlc_4pm_1_03000104192010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Less than a day after Eyewitness News discovered there was a problem with a motion in the Casey Anthony case, her defense team filed a new version (read it).
On the motion they had originally filed, seeking a disqualification of Judge Stan Strickland, at the bottom of the motion (read that version), Anthony's newest lawyer, J. Cheney Mason, notarized it himself; but an inspection of the notary seal shows Mason's certification as a notary expired in November 2009.
THE MOTION: Fixed Version | Original Version
WFTV talked to legal analyst Bill Sheaffer Sunday. He said the fact that it's expired could be seen as a defect and an opening for a judge to deny the motion; however, the defense would be free to re-file the motion with new notarization.
That's exactly what the defense did, with a new motion being filed Monday afternoon.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: April 19, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »

Curly we could probably save a small forest if they quit filing all these crazy motions.   

~ Peter Frampton
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: April 19, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »

Strickland just recused himself from the case

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: April 19, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »

Because JS does seem to actually have some respect for the law and tries so hard to be fair in matters, I'm thinking he will step aside to avoid any taint.  At this point I don't even care. Whatever it takes to get that lying sack of chit to trial. She needs to be convicted and her bumbling team need to find themselves eyeball to eyeball with a presiding judge that knows they will put him/her on the chopping block of personal or legal near-extortion. Whoever takes over will best run that courtroom with an iron fist, something JS has not, IMO.    It's obvious they have no defense other than taking the offensive against any person associated with the case.

They will continue to attack the credentials, motives and personal lives of anyone who comes into the fray, it's all they have.
They're cutting off every non-biased person around them.  The MD debacle is ridiculous to anyone who has read his blog. It takes all of two seconds to figure out that he is not anti-casey but the news will not get into depth on that, so it will appear that JS has aligned himself inappropriately. The defense may win this round but because they're so transparent about the tactic of veiled innuendo, the next judge would be wise to err on the side of caution and not give them the leeway JS has. This move has put everybody on notice (if they weren't already) team casey fights dirty.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #973 on: April 19, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM WESH NEWS SAYING JUDGE STRICKLAND WAS REMOVED FROM CASEY CASE..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: April 19, 2010, 05:11:41 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-motion-20100419,0,6017904.story

Judge Stan Strickland is out, chief judge Belvin Perry is in.

By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel
5:04 p.m. EDT, April 19, 2010
os-casey-anthony-motion-20100419

The judge assigned to the Casey Anthony murder case is stepping down.

Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland issued an order this afternoon, excusing himself from the case.

This comes after the defense team asked the judge to disqualify himself because he had developed a "personal relationship" with a blogger who has been critical of Anthony.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry will take over the case.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. The 2-year-old's remains were found in December 2009 less than a mile from her family home in east Orange County. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

In motion filed Friday, the defense claims Strickland has developed a relationship with blogger Dave Knechel — known online as "Marinade Dave" — who has a "relentless pro-prosecution bias." At one point, Strickland learned Knechel was ill and telephoned him express his concern for the blogger's well-being.

Anthony fears she won't get a fair trial, according to the motion.

With Strickland's removal, the case will go back to the criminal division administrative judge who will re-assign the case to another judge.
The case was assigned to Strickland two years ago when Strickland was working the criminal court division. In January, he was moved to oversee civil cases but was asked to keep the Anthony criminal case.

Strickland — who joined the Florida Bar Association in 1984 — was once a workers' compensation claims judge before then-Gov. Lawton Chiles appointed him to be an Orange County judge in 1995. Three years, Chiles appointed him to be a circuit judge where Strickland has handled various caseloads, including domestic, juvenile criminal and civil.

In 2004, he served as the chair of the professionalism committee for the Orange County Bar Association.

He earned his undergraduate and master degrees from Florida State University. He received his law degree from Mercer University in 1984.

This story is breaking. Check back for updates.

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: April 19, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »

Strickland just recused himself from the case
FL~  guess I was typing when you posted. So it's done. I'm going to scream if that a**clown bozo gives a presser 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: April 19, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23197786/detail.html

Judge Removed From Casey Anthony Case
Defense Questions Judge's Relationship With Blogger

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony succeeded in getting Judge Stan Strickland removed from the case on Monday.

Anthony laughed at a joke made by Strickland during a court hearing in October, but what happened after that had the defense demanding Strickland step down from the case.

Online blogger Dave Knechel, who calls himself Marinade Dave, was at the hearing. He testified that Strickland had a court deputy call him to his hallway door where, according to Knechel, Strickland said, "Needless to say, I go on the Internet to read about this case. I must say that you have the best website regarding this case. You investigate and you are fair to everyone."

Knechel also said Strickland called him when he was sick.

"Any judge would want to be very careful about what they do in terms of how it's going to be perceived by others," Florida A&M University Law School professor LeRoy Pernell said.

Pernell wouldn't say if Strickland should recuse himself, but he said the relationship with the blogger was questionable, and Strickland removed himself from the case on Monday evening.

"Particularly a judge in a high-profile case has to always consider the impact of what they say or do, whether it's intentional or not," Pernell said.

One of Knechel's blogs reads, "Casey Anthony Must Die." He also posted a poem about the October encounter. In part it reads, "The judge then said I'm impressed, and Dave was thinking I feel blessed."

The Anthony defense called it just some of the growing proof that Strickland was biased.

"Our concern is that the judge, by his actions, has validated this blogger, who has labeled (Casey Anthony) guilty and called for her to die," defense attorney Cheney Mason said.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: April 19, 2010, 05:15:55 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-law-professors-fault-judge-stan-strickland-for-reaching-out-to-blogger.html
Casey Anthony: Law professors fault Judge Stan Strickland for reaching out to blogger
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, WESH — posted by halboedeker on April, 19 2010 4:31 PM
Discuss This: Comments(2) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Did Judge Stan Strickland do the wrong thing in reaching out to a blogger in the Casey Anthony case?

The Anthony team wants Strickland off the case for making favorable comments to Dave Knechel, who writes the Marinade Dave blog. Anthony’s defense team describes the blog as pro-prosecution and says Strickland had validated the blogger.

Two professors at FAMU College of Law faulted Strickland this afternoon.

“Any judge would want to be very careful about what they do in terms of how it’s going to be perceived by others,”  Professor LerRoy Pernell told WESH-Channel 2.

Pernell described the Strickland-blogger relationship as questionable, WESH’s Greg Fox said. “A particular judge in a high-profile case has to always consider the impact of what they say and do, whether it’s intentional or not,” Pernell said. 

Central Florida News 13’s Jacqueline Fell talked to Professor Rhoda Pierre Cato, who said judges must always appear impartial even as social media flourish.

“Facebook and all these social networks are available,” Cato said. “Yes, judges have normal lives. But they’re handled a lot differently because these things are scrutinized when judges engage in these kind of activities.” Cato also told Fell that the Strickland issue needs to be resolved quickly.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

~ Peter Frampton
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #978 on: April 19, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »

Yea, I was mixing a meatloaf and WFTV had breaking news after just reporting on the case....then they said Strickland recused himself, so I had to run and tell you guys!

I hope they get a mean mean mean nasty judge!

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: April 19, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »

Curly we could probably save a small forest if they quit filing all these crazy motions.   

They are desperate and desperate people do desperate things.................they have NO DEFENSE and this may be the very thing which finishes KC off if they get a new judge. This judge has gone overboard to accommodate them - even helping Bozo get his motions and words right in court. If they get the judge changed, it will be the end of their case because NO OTHER judge is going to put up with all the nonsense they have thrown out there. It might be the best thing for Caylee's justice.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.