April 27, 2024, 08:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #576 1/19 - 1/22/2007  (Read 97423 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2007, 12:10:41 PM »

Sorry...the first paragraph is a quote from San.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"

still catching up...but here on the local talk show they do episode upon episode about all the chances he had to get away and didn't...questioning why. Makes me sick for this poor boy. Yesturday's show stated he had his bike stolen and reported it to police.
This poor kid has been through enough w/out this kind of crap being aired locally!!

This is how we treat victims.  Trash them and convince ourselves that they are different than us, that they somehow deserved what they got.  On the other hand, I would have refused brainwashing, refused to be assaulted, and handled everything the right way (or so the twisted thinking goes.)

All in an effort to convince ourselves that this could never have happened to us or our children.  I am safe, yessiree.  This could not happen to me.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: January 21, 2007, 12:24:56 PM »

Hiya Monkeys

I think the release date for JVDS sack of lies is May 3 2007

As far as Shawn Hornbeck .. we all have to remember he was only 11. A child that age is not what I would call independent. They live in their safe world with their family/parents & IMO have been taught to believe & trust what adults say. So if this perv was threatening him &/or his family he would have believed him.
They did say Devlin used a gun to kidnap him. Neighbors have said they heard what they thought was hitting coming from that apartment. Who knows what this perv did to this child!!! Makes me sick to even think about it.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Klaas, if I sent you an image, my DH's  Fantasy Football team logo for example, could you  put it on a mug in the Cafepress store?  Doesn't SM make a percentage of whatever is sold from this store?

Yes, I suppose I could.  I should probably ask Red or Tom first though.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: January 21, 2007, 12:30:22 PM »

It is written in Dutch and is 384 pages long.
Must be big print " crayon " font.
No way would any of us ever want to Babelfish that one.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Perhaps the publisher will recognize the potential of US sales and publish it in English as well. After all, I can't imagine they'll sell many Dutch copies. I would be surprised if most people in Holland have ever heard of JVDS.

I Stand With The Girl
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »

Whether JVDS is known in Holland, depends on what kind of viewership
Devries gets. Just from what ppl had posted about him that was brought over here, DeVries seemd to be a well respected crime jounalist.
With Oprah and that interview, I was hoping that the parents would do a one shot and then go back to their lives. Maybe they were thinking that the media was going to do the story the media way and wanted to get their viewpoint and side of it in. The story will go away, it always does. They seem to be on CNN quite a bit. But not Shawn, which is a good thing.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
I hope the National Enquirer gets a copy of Joran's "If I Did It" fantasy and prints all the "good" stuff so no one has to buy it.  I wonder if Joran will be doing a book tour to promote this drivel.   Ugh!

I'd be willing to help address invitations to the big book signing by JVDS in Birmingham.  The first one goes to Bo Dietl.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Perhaps the publisher will recognize the potential of US sales and publish it in English as well. After all, I can't imagine they'll sell many Dutch copies. I would be surprised if most people in Holland have ever heard of JVDS.

Personally, I hope they don't translate it to English and sell it here. I don't want him making any more money!  Evil or Very Mad

Bring Natalee home...
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"

Personally, I hope they don't translate it to English and sell it here. I don't want him making any more money!  Evil or Very Mad

If we bought one English copy and shared it with one another, he wouldn't make much money.  Laughing  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya Monkeys

As far as Shawn Hornbeck .. we all have to remember he was only 11. A child that age is not what I would call independent. They live in their safe world with their family/parents & IMO have been taught to believe & trust what adults say. So if this perv was threatening him &/or his family he would have believed him.
They did say Devlin used a gun to kidnap him. Neighbors have said they heard what they thought was hitting coming from that apartment. Who knows what this perv did to this child!!! Makes me sick to even think about it.

I totally agree with all of the above stements....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2007, 01:24:03 PM »

klaas - you have mail . We need to add a murder for 2006, thanks to Leslie.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"

If we bought one English copy and shared it with one another, he wouldn't make much money.  Laughing  Wink

True, BT, but there are so many trolls, naysayers, and uneducated fools like the New Dominion guy that would buy this book up...I think that they published it in Dutch in attempt to let it slip by our radar...

Did it work? Can I get a big Hell to the No???  Wink

Bring Natalee home...
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »

I guess I will say that  yes,I went and graduated from Law School.I work in the area of social security.It has to be 30 days after service.I find it strange that k2s lawyer did not accept service as is the common practice.cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Klaas, if I sent you an image, my DH's  Fantasy Football team logo for example, could you  put it on a mug in the Cafepress store?  Doesn't SM make a percentage of whatever is sold from this store?

I could have him join but I know he would never post.  He just wants a mug with his logo on one side and SM logo on the other.  He loves that logo. I'll be patient.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2007, 01:39:34 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I could have him join but I know he would never post.  He just wants a mug with his logo on one side and SM logo on the other.  He loves that logo. I'll be patient.

Why don't you go ahead and email me the photo you want.  I'll ask Red as soon as I see him online.

smklaasend@hotmail.com
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
klaas - you have mail. We need to add a murder for 2006, thanks to Leslie.

Thank you klaas. (And you can delete these two posts if you want to. Never sure about mentioning your email addy.)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »

msmarple - you can say "you have mail" and I'll check both Wink
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2007, 01:56:45 PM »

Well, now that I am all caught up afraid I can't stick around... big game coming up....

Who dat? Who dat?

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya Monkeys

I agree Yap.  When you have a 6.4 inch 300 pound guy threatening you and your family what was this boy suppose to do.  Some things are easier said than done.

I had a conversation with my old boss the other day and I said have you been following this story.  She said she has seen it on the news.  She then said she didn't understand why he didn't run for help.  She said her son is going to be 10 years old and he is so alert about things like this.  I stopped her and said you may think he is but when the situation happens and you have a 6.4 inch 300 pound guy threatening you and beating you that is another story.  She told me that she did not realize how big the guy was.  I also told her that it was said the guy had a weapon.  So she did finally acknowledge that she was wrong in her way of thinking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.