April 19, 2024, 12:00:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacob Cabinaw 31, missing March 31, 2010, Traverse City, Michigan  (Read 46967 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »

Jacob dropped his friend off at 7:30, saying he was going to go home and study. 

He lives with his mother, did not make it back home, his phone charger is at home.  No indication he was going anywhere on a trip. 

He always tells people where he is going. 

He made a phone call at 1 am to renew his GI funding, no other phone use since. 

Soooooooo... something happened between 7:30 pm and 1 am?  Or after 1 am, and if so, what was he doing between 7:30 pm and 1am? 

Would like to know where his phone pinged at 1am, that's likely the best place to start searching for him. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »

I was thinking something along those lines Wykes. We have heard that story before, a person is robbed and taken to an atm. 

To me, this doesn't sound like this was the crime that lead the people to perhaps leave the state and go to mexico. I think a larger crime may have been commited along the way to finding Jacob. I have been trying to find crime reports within 100 miles of the place he was last seen. So far, as we all know, digging up information is not my strong point. I also am curious to know what if any crimes have been committed around the roads along the route from MI to Texas. If they needed money and it ran out on the card, then they would be needing more. Sweetwater to the mexican boarder is quite some distance.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »

One thing that is not clear, was the mom at home that evening? If not then we don't know if he was there or not.
could he have stopped at the library to study?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 06:10:36 PM »

One thing that is not clear, was the mom at home that evening? If not then we don't know if he was there or not.

The towns library closes at 9, I checked on the website, not sure if he would have stopped given it was 7:30?
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »

I am not far from TC - about 3 hours or so and I have heard nothing of this case. IMOO he either stopped to help someone or had an accident an someone took off with his card. He just does not strike me as the kind of guy to just up and leave - especially after he just renewed his GI funding.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 08:39:43 AM »

http://www.record-eagle.com/local/local_story_099071719.html

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »

New facebook page for Jacob:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Jacob-Cabinaw/116772778338560

Jacob "Jake" Cabinaw, age 31, a great brother and Dad, disappeared from Traverse City on March 31, 2010. The family just wants him home! Any information, any leads at all, should be provided to Grand Traverse County Sheriff’s Office (231-995-5000).

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 01:39:33 PM »

Haven't read much at all about the mom, TG.  Good questions!

Am wondering why we haven't seen/read a statement from the mother?  Weird.... Have I missed anything said to the media by her???? 

Seems odd to me tho that the GF is supposedly the one who reported Jake missing to LE, not the mother.  I thought if family were nearby that LE would only take missing reports from them, not friends?  Well, at least he was reported missing tho. 

His ex-fatherinlaw is upset (and I would be also) that LE had to wait 7 days instead of 24 hrs to begin searching etc.  Guess because he is an adult, and it's quite legal for an adult to disappear themselves in our nation.  But my gosh, this sounds like foul play was involved, and a week is just too frigging long to start a search!  IMO. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »

I was thinking something along those lines Wykes. We have heard that story before, a person is robbed and taken to an atm. 

To me, this doesn't sound like this was the crime that lead the people to perhaps leave the state and go to mexico. I think a larger crime may have been commited along the way to finding Jacob. I have been trying to find crime reports within 100 miles of the place he was last seen. So far, as we all know, digging up information is not my strong point. I also am curious to know what if any crimes have been committed around the roads along the route from MI to Texas. If they needed money and it ran out on the card, then they would be needing more. Sweetwater to the mexican boarder is quite some distance.

Very good thinking, TG.  Could very well be someone needing to get away in a fast hurry from something else, or committing more crime along the way in getting the heck outta dodge.  Am not even sure how to go about digging up news on crime along that route.  ??  Will do some googling and see what I can come up with.  Google is our friend.   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 06:57:02 PM »

He lives with his mother, did not make it back home, his phone charger is at home.  No indication he was going anywhere on a trip. 

Soooooooo... something happened between 7:30 pm and 1 am?  Or after 1 am, and if so, what was he doing between 7:30 pm and 1am? 

Would like to know where his phone pinged at 1am, that's likely the best place to start searching for him. 

Wouldn't it be 1 AM before he went missing.  Supposedly, there were no phone calls after he went missing.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »

Wouldn't it be 1 AM before he went missing.  Supposedly, there were no phone calls after he went missing.

That's what I would think too, Bearly.  It seems tho that LE has been using the time he was last seen (7:30pm) for when he went missing. 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 03:10:21 AM »

That's what I would think too, Bearly.  It seems tho that LE has been using the time he was last seen (7:30pm) for when he went missing. 

Oh, he would have had to make that call on 4/01 at 1 AM.  This is very odd.  I hope they got the picture from the gas station already.

I believe in miracles!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »

Haven't found any updates in the news, but here's an update from Jake's family member, on a site she belongs to.  Some interesting info in here I haven't heard reported in the news yet.  I put those parts in italics:

Posted 04/10/2010
Got an email from my cousin (his sis) . They have talked to my other cousin who's in TX (Fort Worth). He will call if he sees him but he had not planned on a visit. Police tried to find cell phone location of his last call. No luck. He lives with his mom (my aunt), he always tells her where he's going & if not coming home for the night. She goes to bed at 7pm (gets up for work at 3) so no idea if he came back home then left again. Not able to talk to "friend" who last saw him (police want to verify his story) . He has not been able to find him??!! She has involved the FBI also. Custom & border patrol on watch too. Jake's sil also said she thinks polie have more bank info than the 2 transactions we know about. He has a good job(mechanic) , going to school, has a girlfriend, 2 kids here , & seemed happy. No drug use. He is AWOL as of today with the Nat. Guard. Just senseless to those who know him. Keep the prayers coming!!

Posted 04/10/2010
Nat. Guard will not help locate him. No other news. Sad

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22286465/just_found_out_my_cousin_has_been_missing_for_a_week?cpg=6&csi=2138740980&pd=1

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »

Some links for Jake:

Jake's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/cabinawj

Jake's girlfriend's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Tasha-Stewart/506562982

Jake's friend Gary's facebook: (the friend Jake was last with)
http://www.facebook.com/cabinawj#!/profile.php?ref=sgm&id=1125965907

Website with info and several pics:
http://findjacob.info/

Find Jacob Cabinaw facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Jacob-Cabinaw/116772778338560

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/findjake

Updates from Jake's ex-fatherinlaw (nic is Slider)
http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1941356/HELP_Family_member_gone_missin.html

Updates from Jake's cousin (nic is Carla&the7dwarfs)
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22286465/just_found_out_my_cousin_has_been_missing_for_a_week?cpg=1&csi=2139624881&pd=-7

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 01:39:26 PM »

I find it kind of odd that Jake's cousin says in her update above -- "Not able to talk to "friend" who last saw him (police want to verify his story) . He has not been able to find him??!!"

Seems to me from the news we've read that LE must have contacted this friend (Gary Wittig), in order to have gotten the info they do have.  Re what time Jake dropped him off, where, and what they had been doing etc.  Plus Gary is posting away on his facebook, giving updates here and there, answering questions etc.  Seems LE must know where he is.  Perhaps the cousin just didn't know that before posting her update? 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »

Haven't found any updates in the news, but here's an update from Jake's family member, on a site she belongs to.  Some interesting info in here I haven't heard reported in the news yet.  I put those parts in italics:

Posted 04/10/2010
Got an email from my cousin (his sis) . They have talked to my other cousin who's in TX (Fort Worth). He will call if he sees him but he had not planned on a visit. Police tried to find cell phone location of his last call. No luck. He lives with his mom (my aunt), he always tells her where he's going & if not coming home for the night. She goes to bed at 7pm (gets up for work at 3) so no idea if he came back home then left again. Not able to talk to "friend" who last saw him (police want to verify his story) . He has not been able to find him??!! She has involved the FBI also. Custom & border patrol on watch too. Jake's sil also said she thinks polie have more bank info than the 2 transactions we know about. He has a good job(mechanic) , going to school, has a girlfriend, 2 kids here , & seemed happy. No drug use. He is AWOL as of today with the Nat. Guard. Just senseless to those who know him. Keep the prayers coming!!

Posted 04/10/2010

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22286465/just_found_out_my_cousin_has_been_missing_for_a_week?cpg=6&csi=2138740980&pd=1

From his Facebook about the above:

Find Jacob Cabinaw
Not all of this is accurate. We'll share information that is accurate as it is available, thank you all for caring.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »

Posted 04/10/2010

Posted 04/10/2010

Find Jacob Cabinaw
Not all of this is accurate. We'll share information that is accurate as it is available, thank you all for caring.

About the comment from the cousin from Find Jacob Cabinaw Facebook:

Deleted a prior comment because it had inaccurate information in it. We will post the most accurate news we can share when possible, but no news at the moment.
a few seconds ago

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »

Posted 04/10/2010

Posted 04/10/2010

Find Jacob Cabinaw

About the comment from the cousin from Find Jacob Cabinaw Facebook:

Deleted a prior comment because it had inaccurate information in it. We will post the most accurate news we can share when possible, but no news at the moment.
a few seconds ago

From jacob Cabinaw Facebook after getting thanked:

No problem, sorry to delete it, but don't want people to get the wrong info. Love that scaredmonkeys and websleuths are helping get the word out on this, but sometimes the game of operator is a little dicey, you know Smile Thank you for caring. It means so much!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:10:20 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 09:04:42 AM »

Local geograpic info:

It's a straight shot down US 31 South from the Open Space (where Jacob was last seen) to Grawn. All highway. No place to go off the road and not be seen from either other drivers or above- up here, we stop for anyone stuck on the side of the road.

The Coast Guard does an almost daily training run with their helos, using 31 as their "road". I'm sure they've been alerted  to look for the car.

We have tons of woods around here, but our trees are just now beginning to bud out. Therefore, from above, a silver car would stick out like a sore thumb from above. We also have tons of folks who like to rip it up out in the woods....and it's been snow-free and dry for weeks. There is a place called Hoosier Valley that is very wooded, and slightly remote...it's where a lot of paryting goes on. However, it's also where a lot of 4-wheeling goes on also...so chances of his car being there are slim. The cops probably searched there first.

Whenever someone goes missing after the snow flies or the trees have leafed out, we count on the hunters to find bodies of missing people (usually old folks who have wandered away from home). We don't have a lot of crime...just a lot of drinking crimes.

We do have some bridges...but those can be searched in under an hour. Not a lot of them, and none on his way home. Only if he headed south of home would he use them.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »

From the FB page, 11 hours ago:

Find Jacob Cabinaw  Spoke with the Detective on the case today. Apparently one of the places in Texas doesn't have video surveillance of the gas pumps and the other place only keeps the video for 24 hours. So, still not sure who used the card. The Texas police are going to check if there is any video surveillance inside the gas stations a...nd try to match the video inside with the transactions outside. Keep praying.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.