April 20, 2024, 05:31:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacob Cabinaw 31, missing March 31, 2010, Traverse City, Michigan  (Read 47004 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »

From the FB page, 11 hours ago:

Find Jacob Cabinaw  Spoke with the Detective on the case today. Apparently one of the places in Texas doesn't have video surveillance of the gas pumps and the other place only keeps the video for 24 hours. So, still not sure who used the card. The Texas police are going to check if there is any video surveillance inside the gas stations a...nd try to match the video inside with the transactions outside. Keep praying.

Thanks for the update Tevye.  I'm going to keep on hoping and praying. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »

From a little while ago through email: 

Here's what you can share on the monkey thread:

The family is being cautious about what is posted about the case because we don't want it to hinder or throw off the police investigation.

The most accurate, most current information will come from Sandra, the family spokesperson, via Find Jacob Cabinaw site.

Tips for media involvement in texas would be greatly appreciated.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »

From the FB page, 2 hrs ago

NEED HELP: People in Sweetwater and Abilene Texas -- we need them here and we need them to pass out flyers along I-20 gas stations. Any volunteers? If you aren't in the Abilene area, do you have family that is and can you get them to pass along this page and request to their family in the Abilene/Sweetwater area?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »

IF you are in the Sweetwater/Abline area, go to Tim's website (Equisearch) to download a flyer.

http://texasequusearch.org/2010/04/missing-jacob-cabinaw-31-yrs-traverse-city-mi-033110/

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

One thing that is not clear, was the mom at home that evening? If not then we don't know if he was there or not.
could he have stopped at the library to study?

Haven't read much at all about the mom, TG.  Good questions!

Am wondering why we haven't seen/read a statement from the mother?  Weird.... Have I missed anything said to the media by her???? 

Seems odd to me tho that the GF is supposedly the one who reported Jake missing to LE, not the mother.  I thought if family were nearby that LE would only take missing reports from them, not friends?  Well, at least he was reported missing tho. 

His ex-fatherinlaw is upset (and I would be also) that LE had to wait 7 days instead of 24 hrs to begin searching etc.  Guess because he is an adult, and it's quite legal for an adult to disappear themselves in our nation.  But my gosh, this sounds like foul play was involved, and a week is just too frigging long to start a search!  IMO. 

I had not seen the question about his mother.

From his SIL over separate emails:

Jake's mother cares very very much, and is broken up over all of this. She is a wonderful, strong person who cares deeply about her son and just wants him home.  She is besides herself.

I believe in miracles!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »

From FB, around noon today:

Find Jacob Cabinaw
The news media in Abilene and Sweetwater have been alerted and are participating. (San Antonio and south were not accurate locations). Abilene reporter news, Sweetwater reporter, KTXS, KTAB are all aware, believe KTAB will be running a story today.
about an hour ago · Report

Find Jacob Cabinaw
Flyers were provided to a volunteer whose family works in border patrol in El Paso last night.
about an hour ago ·

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 01:54:36 PM »

Sorry, I got lost in the threads yesterday and didn't post this info: (from FB)

"Find Jacob Cabinaw
NEED HELP: People in Sweetwater and Abilene Texas -- we need them here and we need them to pass out flyers along I-20 gas stations. Any volunteers? If you aren't in the Abilene area, do you have family that is and can you get them to pass along this page and request to their family in the Abilene/Sweetwater area?"

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »

This poor family. I am glad they are searching in Tx. Someone had to have seen something along the journey from MI to TX.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »

Haven't found any updates in the news, but here's an update from Jake's family member, on a site she belongs to.  Some interesting info in here I haven't heard reported in the news yet.  I put those parts in italics:

Posted 04/10/2010
Got an email from my cousin (his sis) . They have talked to my other cousin who's in TX (Fort Worth). He will call if he sees him but he had not planned on a visit. Police tried to find cell phone location of his last call. No luck. He lives with his mom (my aunt), he always tells her where he's going & if not coming home for the night. She goes to bed at 7pm (gets up for work at 3) so no idea if he came back home then left again. Not able to talk to "friend" who last saw him (police want to verify his story) . He has not been able to find him??!! She has involved the FBI also. Custom & border patrol on watch too. Jake's sil also said she thinks polie have more bank info than the 2 transactions we know about. He has a good job(mechanic) , going to school, has a girlfriend, 2 kids here , & seemed happy. No drug use. He is AWOL as of today with the Nat. Guard. Just senseless to those who know him. Keep the prayers coming!!

Posted 04/10/2010
Nat. Guard will not help locate him. No other news. Sad

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22286465/just_found_out_my_cousin_has_been_missing_for_a_week?cpg=6&csi=2138740980&pd=1

From his Facebook about the above:

Find Jacob Cabinaw
Not all of this is accurate. We'll share information that is accurate as it is available, thank you all for caring.

This info comes from his cousin Carla.  Is your post referring to what I posted above that his cousin Carla said?  That the info she has is not accurate?  Or is what you posted referring to info posted on the facebook? 

Confused.  Am I not to post what the cousin is sharing with her group or what the ex-fatherinlaw is sharing with his group, in re to updates? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »

Bearly..

All I have found so far that has been innacurately reported was not reported by me in my post that you led off with.  It was info about his CC card.  Would you please explain why you quoted my post with your info?  Thx. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »

Comment in this news article:

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-433040

GlassJules
April 17, 2010

Per the family--the information being provided to the news is not what has been provided to the family.  He has not been reported AWOL, his unit is behind him and not willing to submit him as AWOL until they know all the circumstances.  The videotape in question is unclear and no one has positively identified Jacob, according to the Detective actually on the case.  There are transactions in Texas, yes, and that has been known all along per original story above.  We are very unclear as to why the news media is reporting it this way when these are not the facts as are known to the family. The answer is, there are no answers yet.  As far as the family is concerned, Jake is still missing.  We don't know where he is.  As far as disappearing in order to go AWOL -- highly unlikely for a guy who had dreams and plans of making the military his full time career.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2010, 06:42:50 PM »

Comment in this news article:

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-433040

GlassJules
April 17, 2010

Per the family--the information being provided to the news is not what has been provided to the family.  He has not been reported AWOL, his unit is behind him and not willing to submit him as AWOL until they know all the circumstances.  The videotape in question is unclear and no one has positively identified Jacob, according to the Detective actually on the case.  There are transactions in Texas, yes, and that has been known all along per original story above.  We are very unclear as to why the news media is reporting it this way when these are not the facts as are known to the family. The answer is, there are no answers yet.  As far as the family is concerned, Jake is still missing.  We don't know where he is.  As far as disappearing in order to go AWOL -- highly unlikely for a guy who had dreams and plans of making the military his full time career.

From Jake's cousin, same info as above, except for update:

UPDATE: The family received an apology last night from Sgt. Fewless for the miscommunication between the media and law enforcement. Jake's case is still open.

Thanks so much everyone.

Carla

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a22286465/just_found_out_my_cousin_has_been_missing_for_a_week?cpg=13&csi=2141788455&pd=1

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2010, 04:56:43 AM »

Bearly..

All I have found so far that has been innacurately reported was not reported by me in my post that you led off with.  It was info about his CC card.  Would you please explain why you quoted my post with your info?  Thx. 

I am so sorry, Wyks, I just saw this. 

The cousin, according to his immediate family is posting information that she hears, she is a good person, but is not getting her info from the family, at least that is what his family on facebook is saying.  I wrote the info you posted on his facebook page and his family got on and said it wasn't true and erased my post.  We were then emailing each other.  They told me the info on the facebook is the only info coming from his family, it is not rumors.

I believe in miracles!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »

Bearly..

I am so sorry, Wyks, I just saw this. 

The cousin, according to his immediate family is posting information that she hears, she is a good person, but is not getting her info from the family, at least that is what his family on facebook is saying.  I wrote the info you posted on his facebook page and his family got on and said it wasn't true and erased my post.  We were then emailing each other.  They told me the info on the facebook is the only info coming from his family, it is not rumors.

Ahhhhhhh ok, thanks for explaining that, Bearly!  I won't be reading/posting the info from the cuz then.   

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

From Jacob's Facebook

Find Jacob Cabinaw  Tired of the BS. Spoke to the Detective this morning and was told "Sorry but the video that was mailed on 4/15 from Sweetwater, has not arrived yet, we'll let you know." I then called the FBI agent who helped out two weeks ago and was told "well actually, I work counter terrorism, not missing persons, so I really don't... know what to tell you. The FBI can't get involved until the local law enforcement asks for help."
See More
3 hours ago · Comment · Like

How terrible for this family.  Sure seems like they would have found it urgent enough to over night this video.  This makes no sense.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »

Link to Jacob's Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Find-Jacob-Cabinaw/116772778338560?v=wall&story_fbid=116061685085297

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »

Am wondering if Jake's National Guard unit was going to employ to Iraq etc, anytime soon?  I can't figure out why else a seemingly happy guy would voluntarily up and go missing. 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »

From Jacob's Facebook;

Find Jacob Cabinaw Finally spoke with Detective Gomez. He said the video from Sweetwater, Texas has arrived and should be ready for our review by Friday. He also said that he is expecting video from Fort Worth, Texas to arrive by the end of the week. This is good because I told I could have driven to Texas and picked the video up myself in less time than this is taking. I was not very nice.
27 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike

This must be agonizing for this family waiting to see what is on that video, I pray it provides them with some answers.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 02:06:29 AM »

I would be loosing my mind.  Is he dead/alive?  I don't know, I'll get back to you on that.....................Unlimited paperwork

I believe in miracles!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 02:15:37 AM »

I wanted to check in to see what is happening, seems like not much is new. That is so sad. I was sure they would find something right off. Did they even fine the car yet? No trace of him at all except for the ATM transactions? Please tell me they are not still wondering if he left by choice?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.