April 25, 2024, 03:08:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olivia Newton-John's former boyfriend Patrick McDermott found-Faked Death  (Read 8041 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 06, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

4/06/2010-04-06_olivia_newtonjohns_former_boyfriend_patrick_mcdermott_found_after_faking_his_own.html
Olivia Newton-John's former boyfriend Patrick McDermott found in Mexico after faking his own death
April 6, 2010

After Olivia Newton-John and Patrick McDermott split in 2005, he mysteriously vanished after allegedly falling off a fishing boat.

The case of Olivia Newton-John's missing boyfriend has been solved.

After mysteriously disappearing from a fishing trip off the coast of California in 2005, the singer's former beau Patrick McDermott was presumed dead. However, many skeptics believed the tragic tale didn't add up.

After years of searching for the missing man, a group of private investigators hired by Dateline NBC were finally able to locate the Korean-American lighting technician alive and living in Mexico, according to E! Online.

The private eyes, led by Texas-based investigator Philip Klein, reportedly tracked McDermott down after noticing that a collection of centralized IP addresses were logging onto the Web site that followed his presumed whereabouts.

The addresses led the investigators to the Mexican-Pacific coast near Puerta Vallarta, where McDermott had been living under his birth name.

After they were able to retrieve "documentation and voice imprints" from him, Klein called an official end to the hunt, saying they had "concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. McDermott is alive."

"Mr. McDermott's wishes, according to his counsel, is not to be 'hounded' any longer by investigators or the media," Klein said last week at a press conference.

However, McDermott will still have to face police.

During his nine-year relationship with the Australian singer, McDermott filed for bankruptcy from owing more than $30,000 debt. After the couple split in 2005, he mysteriously vanished after allegedly falling overboard from a chartered fishing boat.

Though the Coast Guard believed he drowned, many believed he staged his death in order to cash in on a $100,000 life insurance policy for his son.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/08/10/2009-08-10_olivia_newton_johns__dead_exboyfriend_patrick_mcdermott_sends_letter_asking_to_b.html
Olivia Newton-John's 'dead' ex-boyfriend Patrick McDermott sends letter asking to be 'left alone'
Monday, August 10th 2009
He's alive!

Private investigators claim the former lover of "Grease" star Olivia Newton-John, who has been presumed dead since 2005, is alive and well, the Daily Mail reports.

Patrick McDermott, a bankrupt cameraman, dated Newton-John for nine years before disappearing on a fishing excursion off the coast of California, leaving behind his boat, wallet and keys.

Police had suspected he fell overboard, despite evidence of mounting debts and back child support owed to a former wife.

Newton-John, 60, was reportedly heartbroken after McDermott's supposed death and took years to recover before marrying herb tycoon John Easterling in 2008.

New evidence suggests that, before disappearing, McDermott secured a second passport under his original name and withdrew his life savings from two bank accounts.

Investigators have also received multiple communications from people claiming to represent McDermott.

In the most recent fax, McDermott's supposed rep wrote, "Pat has asked that I portray to you his innocence. Pat has committed no crime. Pat simply wishes to be left alone. Let him live his life in peace and harmony. He is safe and has started anew again in a new place both physically and mentally. Stop this search immediately."

The investigators believe McDermott is currently working as a deckhand in the small Mexican fishing town of Sayulita.

I believe he is going to have to answer to the police.  See post above this one.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:42:30 PM »

now who pays back the money from the insurance policy??? him or his son? I was just in Puerta Vallarta in February...I can see how someone could "disappear" in that area...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:54 PM »

now who pays back the money from the insurance policy??? him or his son? I was just in Puerta Vallarta in February...I can see how someone could "disappear" in that area...

That's a good question about who pays back the money from the insurance policy, him or his son?  And will there be fraud charges?  Was the son in on it at all?  Who knew about this?  The one article says he filed bankruptcy from owing 30,00.00 in debt.  I wonder if there's any other money he owes?  And what about the  back child support owed to a former wife?  Was that paid in full to her before he disappeared himself? 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:05:26 PM »

I believe that the son was quite young when his dad disappeared..early teens if that...so I am sure that he was not involved...and I think if I remember right, the back child support was for this child...thinking that he is the only child?
the stupid thing is that Olivia would have probably given him the money if he would have given her a sob story and told her that he was broke instead of putting on an act that he had money...and then faking his death...loser comes to mind...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:08:26 PM »

I believe that the son was quite young when his dad disappeared..early teens if that...so I am sure that he was not involved...and I think if I remember right, the back child support was for this child...thinking that he is the only child?
the stupid thing is that Olivia would have probably given him the money if he would have given her a sob story and told her that he was broke instead of putting on an act that he had money...and then faking his death...loser comes to mind...

If the son was young, then he probably didn't have any idea.   That's really, really mean to do to a son though.  I'll have to go back and do some research.  Yep.  I agree with you.  "loser comes to mind"...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 10:20:16 PM »

If the son was young, then he probably didn't have any idea.   That's really, really mean to do to a son though.  I'll have to go back and do some research.  Yep.  I agree with you.  "loser comes to mind"...

if I remember right, some theorized that since he owed so much in back child support that by faking his death and the boy getting the insurance money that the kid would be better off....financially...I would bet that the kid would rather have had his father around than for this to happen...what a horrible thing for a father to do to his child...be a man, get a job, pay off your debts..set an example...loser wimp!  the dad is the one who should be paying back the insurance money..the boy was innocent in it all...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »

if I remember right, some theorized that since he owed so much in back child support that by faking his death and the boy getting the insurance money that the kid would be better off....financially...I would bet that the kid would rather have had his father around than for this to happen...what a horrible thing for a father to do to his child...be a man, get a job, pay off your debts..set an example...loser wimp!  the dad is the one who should be paying back the insurance money..the boy was innocent in it all...

It should be the dad paying back the insurance money.  If the boy was a minor, he had no say in any of it and shouldn't  be held accountable.  His Dad was the one that had the insurance policy and he's the one that faked his own death.  The dad should be held fully accountable for every cent.  I'm sure the insurance company would like to recover that money paid out for a false claim.  And then Dad should be held for any criminal charges that stem from that, imo.  I really feel sorry for the son right now. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 10:29:51 PM »

http://www.twirlit.com/2010/04/06/olivia-newton-johns-ex-doesnt-want-to-be-found/
Olivia Newton-John’s Ex Doesn’t Want to Be Found
April 6, 2010

Five years ago the boyfriend of “Grease” star Olivia Newton-John disappeared and was believed to be have died after he didn’t return from a fishing trip near San Pedro, California. Investigators now believe Patrick McDermott is alive and living in Mexico. And he wants people to leave him alone.

After receiving voice messages and documents from the missing man, Philip Klein, a private investigator hired by “Dateline” to track him down, and his team ”concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. McDermott is alive.” The former cameraman has been going by his birth name, Patrick Kim, and living in the Mexican town of Sayulita where he is apparently working as a deckhand on a yacht. Klein was able to track down McDermott using the website findpatrickmcdermott.com as a lure and then tracking the IP addresses of visitors to the site, which he then narrowed down to the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Many speculated that McDermott faked his death to avoid paying back huge debts.

Following Mcdermott’s disappearance, Newton-John was said to have been devastated, but she has since moved on. She married John Easterling in 2008. However, McDermott may still have to own-up to the debts and responsibilities that he tried to flee by faking his death. While dating Newton-John, he had reportedly filed for bankruptcy owing more than $30,000 in debt.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:53:01 AM »

http://www.twirlit.com/2010/04/06/olivia-newton-johns-ex-doesnt-want-to-be-found/
Olivia Newton-John’s Ex Doesn’t Want to Be Found
April 6, 2010

Five years ago the boyfriend of “Grease” star Olivia Newton-John disappeared and was believed to be have died after he didn’t return from a fishing trip near San Pedro, California. Investigators now believe Patrick McDermott is alive and living in Mexico. And he wants people to leave him alone.

After receiving voice messages and documents from the missing man, Philip Klein, a private investigator hired by “Dateline” to track him down, and his team ”concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. McDermott is alive.” The former cameraman has been going by his birth name, Patrick Kim, and living in the Mexican town of Sayulita where he is apparently working as a deckhand on a yacht. Klein was able to track down McDermott using the website findpatrickmcdermott.com as a lure and then tracking the IP addresses of visitors to the site, which he then narrowed down to the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Many speculated that McDermott faked his death to avoid paying back huge debts.

Following Mcdermott’s disappearance, Newton-John was said to have been devastated, but she has since moved on. She married John Easterling in 2008. However, McDermott may still have to own-up to the debts and responsibilities that he tried to flee by faking his death. While dating Newton-John, he had reportedly filed for bankruptcy owing more than $30,000 in debt.

Hi Muffybee,

http://findpatrickmcdermott.com/

This link with his photo is funny (in a way) where does Pat think he is going to hide?  He is going by his real name in Mexico not
an alias to my surprise, McDermott is not his birth name, must be a name from an adoption? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_McDermott

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »

Thanks Seahorse, that's some interesting reading. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.