March 29, 2024, 09:21:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angie Lynn Daley 17, Remains found 15 yrs after reported missing  (Read 8834 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 09, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=243131&format=html
Family comes to terms with death of teen missing nearly 15 years
April 8, 2010

WAYNESBORO, Pa. — Nearly 15 years of uncertainty for the family of Angie Lynn Daley ended this week with the discovery of her remains in a remote wooded area in western Washington Township, Pa.

"We had just come back from a vacation at the beach," her father, Clarence Daley of Chambersburg, Pa., recalled Thursday after learning that the skeletal remains recovered Tuesday were those of his long-missing daughter. After returning from that vacation, Daley said he drove his daughter to the house of a friend on Hawbaker Avenue in Waynesboro, where she was to spend the weekend.

That was Aug. 24, 1995, the last time he saw Angie. After her weekend with her friends, Angie was supposed to go to the home of his ex-wife, with whom he shared custody, he said.

On Tuesday afternoon, Angie's mother, Sunday Gossert, learned from Waynesboro Police Chief Mark King that the remains found could be those of her daughter. Gossert said King met with her Wednesday and told her the remains had been identified through dental records.

Pennsylvania State Police said Angie Daley's remains were discovered through an investigation into the recent slaying of Kristy Dawn Hoke, 29, of Hagerstown.

Hoke's body was found Tuesday morning in a wooded area off East Ninth Street in Waynesboro after 47-year-old Jeffrey Eldon Miles of State Line, Pa., had been taken into custody.

Daley's remains were found at a farm between Waynesboro and Greencastle near Waynecastle in southern Franklin County, Pa.

"She was a great kid. We loved spending time together," Daley said of his daughter. "We didn't have any more problems with Angie growing up than with any other child."

However, Daley said his daughter would run away from home, usually staying at friends' houses for a few days.

"She'd always come back, and we'd work things out," Daley said.

"Angie was happy-go-lucky. Just your average 17-year-old," Gossert said.

Over the years their daughter was missing, the mother and father came up with ways to keep the memory of their daughter alive, while they dealt with the uncertainty of her fate. Gossert said they would play the Rolling Stones song "Angie" on her daughter's birthday and the anniversary of her disappearance.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children on Thursday still had Angie Daley's 1995 photo on its Web site, along with an computer age-progression picture showing what she might have looked like at age 29. The physical description was of a slight girl, under 5 feet tall and about 100 pounds.

Her younger sister, Ashley Daley, said Angie, who would be 32, was "a fighter" who would've strongly resisted any attack, despite her diminutive size.

The worst part of the past 15 years was "the never knowing and wondering continually," Clarence Daley said. Over the years, he said he had come to terms with the possibility that Angie was dead.

"At least we know now," Clarence Daley said.

"It's sad, but at least the case is closed," Gossert said.

Angie's relatives said they feel slightly different when they wake up each morning now that they know she died.

"I still had that little bit of hope that maybe ..." Ashley Daley said, trailing off. "You just never know."

Angie's family praised King for his dedication to the missing person case while he was a detective.

"He seemed like he actually cared about this particular case," Ashley Daley said.

Posters with Angie's picture have dotted the police department's walls for years. King said new officers were told about her disappearance and veterans were routinely reminded about it.

Angie's family described her as "a partier" who enjoyed spending time with her dog, Sebastian, and going to McDonald's.

"My last note (from her) on the table was, 'I'm going to McDonald's. Don't leave without me,'" Gossert said.

Gossert said she'd tell other parents of missing children to not give up hope.

"Keep sending your prayers up," she said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »

RIP Angie, you can go home now.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »

http:/**/localnews/ci_20844413/police-will-release-more-information-angie-daley-case

Police will release more information on Angie Daley case today
Remains of teen, missing since 1995, were found in 2010
Date:   06/13/2012 10:56:46 AM EDT

CHAMBERSBURG -- Pennsylvania State Police will hold a press conference Thursday to further discuss the case of Angie Daley, a teenager missing since 1995 whose remains were found in Waynecastle in 2010.
Police said no information about this case will be released until the conference Thursday at 10:30 a.m.

MORE AT LINK  ::snipping2::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:19 AM »

http:/**/localnews/ci_20844413/police-will-release-more-information-angie-daley-case

Police will release more information on Angie Daley case today
Date:   06/13/2012 10:56:46 AM EDT

CHAMBERSBURG -- Pennsylvania State Police will hold a press conference Thursday to further discuss the case of Angie Daley, a teenager missing since 1995 whose remains were found in Waynecastle in 2010.
Police said no information about this case will be released until the conference Thursday at 10:30 a.m.

MORE AT LINK  ::snipping2::
It has been a long wait to bring her home, but at last.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »

JMO........i think there will be more victims,or something BC,Kristy Dawn Hoke
was a police informant against Miles.
im posting many updates,the case ranges from 1995-2010,with many twist and turns
im posting the  publish dates in order,of time and date

http://www.herald-mail.com/news/hm-linked-by-tragedy-20110319,0,1755639.story
Linked by tragedy
Police found two bodies on the same day 11 months ago but have filed charges related to only one death
By JENNIFER FITCH
waynesboro@herald-mail.com
6:04 p.m. EDT, March 19, 2011
 ::snipping2::
It was exceptionally warm early on the morning of April 6, 2010, when Jeffrey Miles stood on a bridge
and looked out over the northbound lanes of Interstate 81.
Police said Miles threatened suicide and mused about "evil and demons" inside him after officers
arrived at 2:30 a.m.

Was Miles sincere? Or was the threat a ploy undertaken because he knew authorities were investigating
 him in connection with the death of a Hagerstown woman?
Whatever his intentions, Miles didn't jump and instead left the bridge in police custody. Later that day,
he was charged with criminal homicide in the death of Kristy Dawn Hoke, whose body was found, in
part, because of a conversation Miles' son had with police.
According to court documents, Miles later that day took investigators to the woods off East Ninth Street
 in Waynesboro, Pa. There, in a small clearing surrounded by brambles, police found the slashed body
of Hoke.
The Hagerstown mother of three, identified in court as a police informant, had been reported missing
days earlier.
more at link,a very long article about Angie Lynn Daley and Kristy Dawn Hoke and Jeffrey Miles

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

http://www.herald-mail.com/news/hm-press-conference-scheduled-thursday-in-pa-girls-1995-disappearance-death-20120613,0,543382.story
Press conference scheduled Thursday in Pa. girl's 1995 disappearance, death
By JENNIFER FITCH
7:45 p.m. EDT, June 13, 2012

Information was obtained from a suspect, which (led) to the discovery of her remains,” police said in a
media advisory.
No further details about the case’s status were released.

“The evidence is the evidence, but ultimately to me (the case) is unique because of Angie Daley, and
her own unfulfilled hope and potential,” District Attorney Matt Fogal said Wednesday.

Daley’s death was listed as homicide through blunt force head trauma, according to a 2010 release from
 Franklin County Coroner Jeffrey R. Conner.
On April 6, 2010, a warm, sunny spring day, state police found Daley’s skeletal remains concealed by
 vegetation on a farm between Waynesboro and Greencastle, Pa. The discovery came just hours after
 they pulled a woman’s body from a wooded lot off Ninth Street in the Borough of Waynesboro.

Police quickly charged Jeffrey E. Miles Sr., now 49, with criminal homicide in the other woman’s death.
He is awaiting trial in the stabbing death of Kristy Dawn Hoke, a 29-year-old mother of three from
Washington County.
more at link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »

http://www.herald-mail.com/news/hm-miles-charged-in-death-of-waynesboro-girl-reported-missing-in-1995-20120614,0,7564163.story
Miles charged in death of Waynesboro girl reported missing in 1995
Franklin County inmate already awaiting trial in Washington County woman's stabbing death
By JENNIFER FITCH
10:06 a.m. EDT, June 14, 2012
Pennsylvania State Police filed charges in the case of Angie Lynn Daley, who was 17 when last seen by
her family. Her remains were found April 6, 2010, on a farm between Waynesboro and Greencastle, Pa.
The affidavit of probable cause alleges that Miles and Daley were smoking crack together and after she
asked for more, he beat her and eventually killed her.
more at link

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »

UPDATE: Jeffrey Miles charged in death of Angie Daley
Date:   06/14/2012 10:56:46 AM EDT

inside the Jeffrey Miles case,is a flash app,the time line is informitive
bottom of pg
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site556/2012/0123/20120123_055735_MilesDocket.pdf
Miles Complaint
http://www.scribd.com/doc/97101993/Miles-Complaint
--------------------------------------------
Jeffrey Eldon Miles Sr.

Herald-Mail file photo / June 14, 2012 )
Jeffrey Eldon Miles Sr. leaves the Franklin County (Pa.) Courthouse in this file photo.
http://www.herald-mail.com/news/hm-attorneys-for-jeffrey-eldon-miles-sr-seek-c-001,0,4908456.photo

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.