April 26, 2024, 04:40:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #161 4/28/10 - 5/10/10  (Read 290485 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1720 on: May 07, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »

Think I may have figured out why Judge Perry spent time talking about the wonderful qualities of the Jar.
One area of an appeal is always incompetent counsel.  My personal feelings is bozo fits that bill exactly.  However, with His Honor pointing out the competency of Mason, such grounds would fall on their face.  So the Jar may have gotten a little puffed up yesterday with the accolades, but His Honor doesn't say anything just to hear himself talk -- JMO

Sister......you might be absolutely correct!  I agree JBP doesn't speak without purpose

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1721 on: May 07, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »

Good Afternoon All
Wesh just reported - http://www.wesh.com/news/23488034/detail.html

In response to all the filings after the Hearing yesterday -

Death Penalty is back on the Table -

ORLANDO, Fla. --
In responses filed with the Orange County clerk of courts on Thursday, prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case said the aggravating circumstances it will prove to obtain the death penalty for Anthony are obvious.

The filing came in response to a motion by Anthony's defense team requesting the state be compelled to outline which circumstances it's going to argue.

Under state law, there are 15 so-called aggravating circumstances. At least one of them must be proven for a defendant to receive the death penalty.

In his response, state prosecutor Jeff Ashton said nine of the 15 circumstances clearly do not apply to Casey. He then went on to point out four that he said clearly apply to the case.

They are, as written in state law:

* The capital felony involved aggravated child abuse
    * It was premeditated
    * The victim was under the age of 12
    * The defendant was the victim's parent

There are two other aggravating circumstances the state may or may not try to prove. One of them is that the defendant benefited financially from the victim's death. The other is that the alleged slaying was especially heinous, atrocious or cruel.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said he believes the state has already tipped its hand in regard to claiming Caylee's murder was especially cruel.

"It's my belief that Jeff Ashton has already put the defense and entire public on notice that he's going to try to prove that by that presentation in court about how the duct tape may have been placed over Caylee's mouth and how she might have seen the eyes of her killer as she took her last breath," Hornsby said.

In a second filing, the state requested what Hornsby called a "tit for tat." Prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked that the court compel the defense to reveal the mitigating circumstances it will try to prove to argue against the death penalty.

In other filings on Thursday, Anthony's attorneys asked Judge Belvin Perry to reconsider previous rulings made by Judge Stan Strickland, who stepped down from the case in April.

The defense specifically wants Perry to provide it access to George Anthony's grand jury testimony, as well as records from the volunteer search group Texas EquuSearch.

---
Caylee  an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1722 on: May 07, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »

Good Afternoon All

ORLANDO, Fla. --
In responses filed with the Orange County clerk of courts on Thursday, prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case said the aggravating circumstances it will prove to obtain the death penalty for Anthony are obvious.

The filing came in response to a motion by Anthony's defense team requesting the state be compelled to outline which circumstances it's going to argue.

Under state law, there are 15 so-called aggravating circumstances. At least one of them must be proven for a defendant to receive the death penalty.

In his response, state prosecutor Jeff Ashton said nine of the 15 circumstances clearly do not apply to Casey. He then went on to point out four that he said clearly apply to the case.

* It was premeditated

There are two other aggravating circumstances the state may or may not try to prove. One of them is that the defendant benefited financially from the victim's death. The other is that the alleged slaying was especially heinous, atrocious or cruel.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said he believes the state has already tipped its hand in regard to claiming Caylee's murder was especially cruel.

"It's my belief that Jeff Ashton has already put the defense and entire public on notice that he's going to try to prove that by that presentation in court about how the duct tape may have been placed over Caylee's mouth and how she might have seen the eyes of her killer as she took her last breath," Hornsby said.

In a second filing, the state requested what Hornsby called a "tit for tat." Prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked that the court compel the defense to reveal the mitigating circumstances it will try to prove to argue against the death penalty.

In other filings on Thursday, Anthony's attorneys asked Judge Belvin Perry to reconsider previous rulings made by Judge Stan Strickland, who stepped down from the case in April.

The defense specifically wants Perry to provide it access to George Anthony's grand jury testimony, as well as records from the volunteer search group Texas EquuSearch.

---

Well we all know she got $200,000 . So that makes 5 aggravating circumstances right there.
Thanks Deenie for posting this.

And another question...Why is Bozo so hell bent on getting that tape that Joe Jordan recorded? He should already know what was said on it, Right? Bozo is running sceered. lol

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1723 on: May 07, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »

And we all know the murder was cruel and atrocious. So that makes 6

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1724 on: May 07, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »

I agree 6. I don't understand this Joe Jordan  thing either. As it was speculated that woman " former volunteer" of TES - sorry having a brain lapse- who basically lied. She said she was at the site where Caylee was found " Caylee was not there" when she was at Blanchard Park - with everyone else. Michelle? cant think of her name. Any way that she was a Plant *Possibly by the defense/ Anthony's and Kidfinders ... she is part of the Joe Jordan testimony.  The last time in court with Judge Strickland, Baez said he was waiting for Joe Jordan ....yet he never showed. Something is very fishy about the " Joe Jordan" witness ... My brain is not working I apologize.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1725 on: May 07, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/05/casey-anthony-jose-baez-in-baffling-performance-outside-courthouse.html

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez in baffling performance outside courthouse
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH — posted by halboedeker on May, 7 2010 4:11 PM
Discuss This: Comments(1) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Jose Baez had a pretty good day in court yesterday as Casey Anthony’s attorney.  But you wouldn’t have known that afterward when he walked away from reporters outside the courthouse.

It was a baffling moment in this long-running Anthony saga.  Baez asked reporters not to follow him to his car and put that request specifically to WFTV-Channel 9’s hard-driving Kathi Belich.

She wouldn’t agree to his request, so Baez walked away. From everyone.

The result: Reporters followed him in a pack, but he made no comment of value.

It was simply strange. Why would Baez miss a chance to cite his successes in front of Chief Judge Belvin Perry? Why would Baez let his reactions to Belich color his dealings with the press corps? (She’s just trying to do her job, and she doesn’t represent the entire media.) Why would Baez give his detractors more ammunition to complain about his style?

Maybe next time Baez should let defense attorney Cheney Mason handle the questions. Mason knows how to handle pressure and pesky reporters. They can come in handy when you have a good story to tell.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1726 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »

I agree 6. I don't understand this Joe Jordan  thing either. As it was speculated that woman " former volunteer" of TES - sorry having a brain lapse- who basically lied. She said she was at the site where Caylee was found " Caylee was not there" when she was at Blanchard Park - with everyone else. Michelle? cant think of her name. Any way that she was a Plant *Possibly by the defense/ Anthony's and Kidfinders ... she is part of the Joe Jordan testimony.  The last time in court with Judge Strickland, Baez said he was waiting for Joe Jordan ....yet he never showed. Something is very fishy about the " Joe Jordan" witness ... My brain is not working I apologize.

Thank-you for the above article. Her name is Laura B something, I can't remember her last name, sorry. I don't trust either one of them Jordan or Laura.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1727 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »

I wonder if it is Smoke and Mirrors for the 100th time
That Baez is stepping back from the media, yet still using his Donkey Strut in front of the Cameras ( to remain visible as Lead Atty ) and Mason has already taken over. That they between the two  have made an agreement to slowly phase Baez out. Since his " vacation" is coming soon. The two weeks he is taking off in June. Something is up.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1728 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »

Mort Smith (?) interviewed Jordan with Jordan's attorney present.  Allegedly, Jordan made a tape of the conversation without the knowledge of Smith and Smith had asked it be recorded and that request was refused.  Smith is claiming Jordan's sworn testimony is substantially different than what he told him in the interview in Jordan's attorney's office.  He wants the tape of prove what Jordan said to him.  The dufense is asserting that Jordan was coerced by LE to change his testimony.  I assert LE reminded Jordan what it meant to lie under oath which the interview with Smith was not under oath.  Just my take.  Bottom line, he don't want to be shoved under the antfarm bus.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1729 on: May 07, 2010, 04:31:04 PM »

Good Afternoon All

ORLANDO, Fla. --

* It was premeditated

---

thanks Deenie...............well we KNOW she benefited financially from Caylee murder and it was heinous and cruel!!  GO MR ASHTON!!

I hope the duhfence are compelled to  reveal the mitigating circumstances it will try to prove to argue against the death penalty (and I can't see how they can't be compelled in order for the State to be prepared)  JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1730 on: May 07, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »

The woman volunteer claims she went to Hopespring with other volunteers from TES, but not as working with TES at that moment.  She was officially a volunteer at Blanchard Park, but not officially a volunteer at Hopespring.  I believe in previous maps it has been clearly shown that TES volunteers were no where near where Caylee was found, give or take a mile or two and/or being on the wrong side of the road. IIRC

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1731 on: May 07, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »

Yep that's what I count too   and I have no idea why bobo wants to JJ tape released..............   I would be very surprised and extremely disappointed if JP reversed any of JS's orders.

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: May 07, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »

The woman volunteer claims she went to Hopespring with other volunteers from TES, but not as working with TES at that moment.  She was officially a volunteer at Blanchard Park, but not officially a volunteer at Hopespring.  I believe in previous maps it has been clearly shown that TES volunteers were no where near where Caylee was found, give or take a mile or two and/or being on the wrong side of the road. IIRC
Yes, and I've been trying to find her name, and can't 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1733 on: May 07, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »

Thank-you for the above article. Her name is Laura B something, I can't remember her last name, sorry. I don't trust either one of them Jordan or Laura.

Laura Buchanan

Rest in Peace Caylee

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1734 on: May 07, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »

Laura Buchanan, thank you for jarring my memory. She was the one who said she was part of LE at one time. Yet there is not proof. She worked for FISH wildlife something. It all goes back to KFN and the Ants. Again to CA/GA. In that article, WESH just provided. snipped:  The defense specifically wants Perry to provide it access to George Anthony's grand jury testimony, as well as records from the volunteer search group Texas EquuSearch.
George is in the middle of everything.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1735 on: May 07, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »

Thank-you, got the Laura right 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1736 on: May 07, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »

Laura Buchanan, thank you for jarring my memory. She was the one who said she was part of LE at one time. Yet there is not proof. She worked for FISH wildlife something. It all goes back to KFN and the Ants. Again to CA/GA. In that article, WESH just provided. snipped:  The defense specifically wants Perry to provide it access to George Anthony's grand jury testimony, as well as records from the volunteer search group Texas EquuSearch.
George is in the middle of everything.

the duhfence wants to know how much georgie boy told..........it was certainly enough to get an indictment for 1st degree murder

Rest in Peace Caylee

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1737 on: May 07, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »

Mort Smith (?) interviewed Jordan with Jordan's attorney present.  Allegedly, Jordan made a tape of the conversation without the knowledge of Smith and Smith had asked it be recorded and that request was refused.  Smith is claiming Jordan's sworn testimony is substantially different than what he told him in the interview in Jordan's attorney's office.  He wants the tape of prove what Jordan said to him.  The dufense is asserting that Jordan was coerced by LE to change his testimony.  I assert LE reminded Jordan what it meant to lie under oath which the interview with Smith was not under oath.  Just my take.  Bottom line, he don't want to be shoved under the antfarm bus.
I believe that too. I think he/JJ didn't realize that he was going to be chosen by Baez as his Wonder Boy.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1738 on: May 07, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »

In the exhibits of the Motions filed yesterday, you will find Laura's statement as well as the stuff regarding Jordan.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23477589/detail.html

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1739 on: May 07, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »

I don't understand any of the Joe Jordan stuff either, although I have wondered if he was trying to "secret super spy" Baez and catch HIM in trying to coerce something untrue out of him on that tape.  That said I feel that JJ lied to Baez regardless of why and I KNOW FOR A FACT that what he said about the search at the time he searched was passed on a while back to Mark NeJame who in turn passed it to LE.  Not sayin' how it was passed.  (Whistling whilst I stroll away) Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.