April 25, 2024, 01:28:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #161 4/28/10 - 5/10/10  (Read 290417 times)
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1800 on: May 08, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony's Expert Dr.Henry Lee Tampers With Evidence
05/08/10

Hello everyone.   I thought I would come out of lurkdom and ask a question.  If (Henwy) Lee is called to testify at the trial, can his tampering with evidence be brought up by the prosecution?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1801 on: May 08, 2010, 01:06:25 PM »

ak, hint please....I am still trying to find the information regarding the A's trademarking Caylee's name and all I have found so far is a trademeark for the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation

So sorry Sunny, I have a bad habit of getting stuck on a point that bothers me while others move on.  LOL, that was still about where and when JJ searched.  I got into a tiff with him early on and cannot seem to move on.  Ignore me!!  Just call me unable to see the forest for the trees.  I try, but I always seem to be behind!!!

ak, if you go on the wftv site -- there are transcripts of JJordan's interviews.  Sorry I don't know how to bring them forward, but they are enlightening, particularly as he talks about Laura working for bozo.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22918297/detail.html

Thanks---moral of this story:  Do not record people without their consent!  Poor Joe...He sounds like a speciman from Divorce Court Walking Wounded!!  lol ;  Morty & Laura sound pretty tricky, imo.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1802 on: May 08, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »

05/08/10

Hello everyone.   I thought I would come out of lurkdom and ask a question.  If (Henwy) Lee is called to testify at the trial, can his tampering with evidence be brought up by the prosecution?

Good question.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1803 on: May 08, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

05/08/10

Wow ...thanks for posting--I knew there was a cloud over something he did in this case, but didn't know the details.
I will never forget what Lee did in Lana's case, not one word out of his mouth would I ever believe. And I will also bet, come trial time, he will be hiding out of the country again.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1804 on: May 08, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »

05/08/10

Good question.
I believe the answer is yes, that is why I don't see him being a part of this case, imo.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1805 on: May 08, 2010, 01:22:38 PM »

05/08/10

Good question.

The answer is yes -- any "expert" can and will be asked about their reputation/credentials -- in fact, any witness can be asked about their background if it has relevance to what they are testifying to, etc.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1806 on: May 08, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »

I love me some Judge Perry but did anyone else feel as I do regarding the budget hearing that he pretty much gave the defense everything they ask for concerning experts..to me it sounded as if everyone was from out of state.  Now thinking is this so that the defense can't say they weren't given a fair trial??? Could that be the strategy and if so boy do I feel for other people out there that couldn't afford to receive this kind of treatment as well....not stating that everyone is guilty just the same afforded rights that MISS ANTHONY(Bozo speaking)has received.

I was thinking that way,  but if they really all have done more than 50% of the work required it would cost more to dismiss them, and  hire another new group who would then have to start from scratch.  AS long as they are willing to take  the budget prices JAC sets it probably doesn't matter. 
"Big names" like Henry Lee is what Baez goes after - I guess he isn't aware of what HLee did in the Phil Spector case-   as Bill Sheaffer said in his post hearing summary,  once your reputation has gone, it has gone....   he would have been better off hiring from Florida. To me it says that you have no confidence in your case, expecting that Celebrity Status will dazzle some Jurors... 

I do agree with the amount of work they have done, I'm no expert in anything but it seemed to me that if they (forensic anthropologist) haven't started any work as according to the statement made by prosecutors then why keep them? uggh maybe I'm just beyond thinking fair anymore with this case..What really got my goat so to speak is that the defense could keep Barrett and how important to MISS ANTHONY(Bozo speaking) is and how she could be more important then the Lead Defense attorneys...Oh please the way Baez talked it sounded as if she was MISS ANTHONY'S only friend and dear judge you just can't take her away...uugghh Perry granted it.  That's when my blood pressure rose!

The reason the Ms. Barrett thing doesn't bother me is in addition to Casey, she's gotten the A's (according to Bozo) to trust and open up to her. This is some feat! I look forward to what she'll have to say.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1807 on: May 08, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »

05/08/10

Honestly I don't know the legal answer to that ... but am thinking that might be a really muddy area that the State can exploit when Dr. Lee is being questioned to prove he is an "expert witness?" - maybe they could ask if he's ever been admonished by the court for evidence tampering? ... I'm sure the defense will be very careful not to mention the Spector trial in any way shape or form ... because then I think it could really come in.

Of course I'm not sure whether Judge Fidler "ruling" that HL tampered with evidence ... qualifies legally has an admonishment.  Fidler would not go so far as to hold him in contempt ... unfortunately.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1808 on: May 08, 2010, 01:54:19 PM »

The reason the Ms. Barrett thing doesn't bother me is in addition to Casey, she's gotten the A's (according to Bozo) to trust and open up to her. This is some feat! I look forward to what she'll have to say.
They may have opened up to her ... but IMO they will just feed her more of their lies ... it's the A way!

I'm sure by now they've concocted some story to go along with Casey's allegations that she was abused - but they will say she has it mixed up in her mind ... and that it was NOT a member of their oh so perfect little immediate family ... it'll be some long dead distant family member ... or an old neighbor ... family friend ... post man ... milk man ... delivery guy ... cable guy ... someone they casually brushed up against in the supermarket ... dog groomer ... (you get the picture!)   Monkey Devil!

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1809 on: May 08, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »

Hello Monkeys--

I had a brilliant post (OK, it wasn't brilliant) ready to go and I got booted.  I'm quite sure that the Spector fiasco can be brought up when Dr. Lee "Table have four legs, only got three"  presents his credentials on the stand prior to his testimony.  There's another instance which indicates to me that he will shade his testimony according to whichever side is paying him.  He was never called to account for this because it was discovered after the Simpson trial.  Lee said there was a bloody footprint at the scene where Simpson killed his ex-wife.  He said it wasn't Simpson's and it wasn't identified.  After Simpson was found not guilty by that jury which should have pled insanity itself, it was discovered that the "Bloody footprint" was an impression in the cement put there by a workman when the sidewalk was being laid.  Blood had pooled in the impression.  I don't think one would have to be a forensic pathologist to determine an impression in cement from a genuine bloody footprint but apparently that inept prosecution team missed it.

In the JonBenet Ramsey case Lee said after his inspection of the evidence "Table have four legs, only got three."  Guess he never found the fourth one.

IMO he is completely discredited.  I hope the prosecution is prepared for him and judging by their work so far, I think they are ready for anything.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1810 on: May 08, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »

Trimm posted this news article on another thread here at sm.  Sorry I am not good at moving/quoting things from other threads.  This article gives good insight into what a defense is up against and obligated to provide for a person either found guilty of murder or is a self-confessed killer.  Again, apologies to Trimm for not being able to quote back to the other thread.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jan/10/defending-self-confessed-killer-mesac-damas-likely/
Defending self-confessed killer Mesac Damas likely to be very costly

* By STEVEN BEARDSLEY
    * Posted January 10, 2010 at 6:44 p.m.
The effort to save the life of Mesac Damas gains full steam in 2010.

As the self-confessed killer of his wife and five children remains in a holding pattern in jail, his lawyers will begin a long — and expensive — quest to answer a crucial question: Who, exactly, is Mesac Damas?

Jurors may lean upon their discoveries to determine if the native Haitian should receive the death penalty or be spared, criminal attorneys say. The innocence-guilt phase of the trial will be straightforward, they forecast. The penalty phase, comparable to a second trial, will be hard fought.

“The only question is whether he lives or dies,” said Fort Myers criminal attorney John Mills.
Damas, 33, is charged with six counts of first-degree murder for the slayings of his wife, Guerline Damas, 32, and his five children. The children were Meshach “Zack,” 9; Maven, 6; Marven, 5; Megan, 3; and Morgan, 19 months.

The victims were discovered on Sept. 22 in various rooms of the family’s North Naples house. Each had a cut throat and multiple stab wounds.

Damas fled to Haiti, where he was captured days later. He told a Daily News reporter that his mother-in-law’s influence made him commit the killings and that he wanted to be executed. Prosecutors filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty in late November.

The suspect remains at the Naples Jail Center, where he is on suicide watch, Collier County Sheriff’s officials say. He is allowed no visitors, save his lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Mike Orlando.
Orlando’s road is a difficult and pricey one, according to Miami-Dade County assistant public defender Stephen Harper, who works capital cases in the 11th Judicial Circuit and has 25 years of experience as a defender.

“The defense has a tremendous burden of looking at everything about this man and his life and synthesizing what this man did, when he did it and why he did it,” Harper said.

That burden means identifying and paying experts, from psychiatrists to brain scan analysts to guides and translators in Haiti, where attorneys or their aides will dig deep into Damas’ past. Education records, medical visits, even a test for pollutants in the tap water at Damas’ childhood home in Haiti may be scrutinized.

“Literally from pre-natal,” said Mills.
Jurors must receive the fullest picture of Damas and his background if they are to judge his life, both attorneys said. In adherence to Florida law, should Damas be convicted, the panel will be asked to weigh mitigating factors presented by defense attorneys against the aggravating factors of the case, such as its brutality and the fact that children were killed. By majority vote, jurors will choose to recommend either death or life in prison. The judge will make the final decision.

The question of mental illness may loom large in the penalty phase. Questions of intent, self-control and awareness of right and wrong could be argued, Harper said.

Orlando will have help in his task. He’ll name a second attorney to aid in the defense, and he may hire or appoint someone to coordinate Damas’ background investigation. But he’ll be faced with difficult decisions of what he needs, how much he can spend and whether he should — or even can — ask for more money.

Public Defender Kathy Smith said that although her office will provide Orlando whatever he needs, a tight budget can’t be ignored. The office worked about 50,000 cases in 2008, she said. Funding is set at a flat rate by the Legislature.
We have to make choices as to where we spend the limited dollars, keeping in mind the Florida Bar requirement, we prepare the mitigating factors,” she said.

When is one test too many? How much should attorneys pay for experts, and of what quality? Damas’ counsel may grapple with such questions.

“I’d say the defense is going to have to fight very, very hard to get the resources to defend this man,” said Harper.

It is a fight that will likely take place on paper, as Damas waits in his jail cell.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1811 on: May 08, 2010, 02:13:21 PM »

Interesting article, but this man confessed and asked to be killed.
Why delve into his past at the expense of the taxpayers?
I think his wish should be granted.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1812 on: May 08, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »

Hey Sister.   
Yep,that article was interesting.The case broke my heart.Damas is an animal.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1813 on: May 08, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »

05/08/10

At one point, Dr. Lee did have an excellent reputation.  But in at least three cases lately, he has tampered with evidence, been under suspicion of tampering with evidence, and given completely absurd testimony.  Why is he even being allowed to testify as an 'expert' ever again???  How can anyone believe a dayum thing he says? 

I can see where Dr. Lie oops Lee would actually be a detriment to the defense, and the state allowing that.  Yet what if his testomony in this case includes lies and manipulations that actually help the defense?  Justice for Caylee is too precious for Dr. Lee to be allowed anywhere near enough to help muck it up, IMO.

With his history, it seems he 'should be' disqualified forevermore in a courtroom as an 'expert' witness. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1814 on: May 08, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »

05/08/10

At one point, Dr. Lee did have an excellent reputation.  But in at least three cases lately, he has tampered with evidence, been under suspicion of tampering with evidence, and given completely absurd testimony.  Why is he even being allowed to testify as an 'expert' ever again???  How can anyone believe a dayum thing he says? 

I can see where Dr. Lie oops Lee would actually be a detriment to the defense, and the state allowing that.  Yet what if his testomony in this case includes lies and manipulations that actually help the defense?  Justice for Caylee is too precious for Dr. Lee to be allowed anywhere near enough to help muck it up, IMO.

With his history, it seems he 'should be' disqualified forevermore in a courtroom as an 'expert' witness. 

I agree, Wyks. It seemed to me that Bozo was trying to shy away from Dr. Lie, but for some reason the judge was insisting that he was their man.
I'm sure the state will attempt to rip him a new one. I already have doubts that he found 17 hairs that were overlooked by LE. Seems like a lot. I can understand missing 2 or 3, but 17? Come on. Sounds like he conveniently may have had those 17 hairs on his person somewhere courtesy of, uhm...Cindy Anthony? Not stating this as fact, but not out of the realm of possibility.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1815 on: May 08, 2010, 04:09:15 PM »

05/08/10

I agree, Wyks. It seemed to me that Bozo was trying to shy away from Dr. Lie, but for some reason the judge was insisting that he was their man.
I'm sure the state will attempt to rip him a new one. I already have doubts that he found 17 hairs that were overlooked by LE. Seems like a lot. I can understand missing 2 or 3, but 17? Come on. Sounds like he conveniently may have had those 17 hairs on his person somewhere courtesy of, uhm...Cindy Anthony? Not stating this as fact, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Could very well be, Curly!  Cindy held back the brush that Caylee actually used, didn't she?  And if so, maybe those hairs were from that. 

Maybe the defense chose some 'experts' that they knew ahead of time would/could be manipulative, knowing they would/could help them in their dirty dealings? 

Whateverrrrrrrrrrr happened to the 'good old days', when one expected and was expected to, tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  ??  Where the state fought to find the truth, and the defense fought to make sure their client was treated fairly in the finding of that truth.  ?? 

Seems that all the defense in many cases do now is to fight truth and justice at any cost.  Also seems that the defense in many cases just are about who is the better liar, them or their client.  As if their client doesn't really matter, that it's more important to make a name for themselves. 

Whatever happened to truth and justice?

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1816 on: May 08, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »

05/08/10

Could very well be, Curly!  Cindy held back the brush that Caylee actually used, didn't she?  And if so, maybe those hairs were from that. 

Maybe the defense chose some 'experts' that they knew ahead of time would/could be manipulative, knowing they would/could help them in their dirty dealings? 

Whateverrrrrrrrrrr happened to the 'good old days', when one expected and was expected to, tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  ??  Where the state fought to find the truth, and the defense fought to make sure their client was treated fairly in the finding of that truth.  ?? 

Seems that all the defense in many cases do now is to fight truth and justice at any cost.  Also seems that the defense in many cases just are about who is the better liar, them or their client.  As if their client doesn't really matter, that it's more important to make a name for themselves. 

Whatever happened to truth and justice?

Wyks and Curly, I agree.  One thing just keeps nagging at me -- why would you want inept counsel or witnesses or experts -- could the possible answer be to get a mistrial?  I just keep feeling bozo will milk this cow until she hasn't got another drop.  He could have this as his only case for the rest of his pitiful life.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1817 on: May 08, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »

Friday, May 07, 2010
Will Casey Anthony Go To Trial?

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/05/will-casey-anthony-go-to-trial.html

Now, there's a gal to bring home and meet mother!

Hi, Mom? Yeah, it's me, your son. Mom! It's me, Norman. Yes, I have someone for you to meet..."

Will Casey Anthony go to trial? In the comments section: give your reply and your reason; even if your reason is just a "gut feeling".

My answer is nothing more than speculation; and is not based upon statement analysis because I don't have her statements about this subject, but would like to review the statements made by attorneys who represent her and analyze them.

Here is the pro and con. My thinking is that she won't go to trial because it is not in her best interest. I think if she does go to trial, it won't be with Mason. He is far too self-serving of his reputation. It won't be with Andrea Lyon. She is far too concerned with her record. If it is with Baez, it may be his last trial, as he has walked the bounds of the law, at the end of the tether, perhaps going too far.

As Statement Analysis showed in an earlier post, he did have an inappropriate relationship with Casey Anthony. Should they go to trial and she be convicted, she will likely make the disclosure.

Here are the basic arguments:

1. Casey is blind to her own lies and will go to trial, demand to go on the stand, and then readily sink herself with her goofy Nanny story.

I think that IF she were to go to trial NO ONE would be able to stop her from taking the stand. She is that arrogant. Can anyone imagine being 22 years old, accused of murder, and then to drive with detectives to a business, enter the building and walk down the hall to an office that doesn't exist? This is impressive. Her faith in her own lies is stunning. People like this do NOT necessarily pass polygraphs. She knew she was lying and likely used it as a stall technique, and later offered that she was just confused, thinking of places Caylee might have been. (is this because Caylee frequented the hallways of Universal?)

I used to believe that pathological liars deceived themselves so much that they would naturally pass a polygraph. I was wrong. A polygraph is only as good as the interviewer's ability to enter into the subject's internal dictionary. For instance, a child molester might pass a poly because he was never asked if he "tickled" the victim. "Tickled" is part of his personal dictionary. Child molesters don't consider what they have done to be "harm" because, they think, inflicted no physical injury.

Casey knew she was lying and even said so.

2. Casey is a narcissist.

I agree. She loves herself more than anyone else. In one move, she removed Caylee from obstructing her lifestyle AND punished her mother for being, well, for being Cindy.

You or I do not need to be body language experts to see that she is absolutely LOVING the attention of court! Baez may not want her to be there, but she loves it.

Kathi Belich: When Casey was arrested for the TV cameras to see, Kathi yelled out, "Casey, why do you strut like that?"

It was a GREAT question.

Because Casey looks out for number one, I would think that she won't take the stand because she is going to get the death penalty. If she takes a plea, she will get much less. Self interest rules the day.

So, since Casey is a narcissist, she will not go to trial.

3. Casey is a narcissist.

Therefore, she will go to trial and WILL soak up all the attention she can possibly get because in her selfish mind, she knows that a life sentence, or 30 years, is not much different than a plea for 25, and that if she is given the death penalty, she will talk her way out of being put to death because of her claims of molestation and abuse at the hands of George, Cindy, and Lee.

So since Casey is a narcissist, she will go to trial.

4. Lawyer self interest versus Casey's self interest.

Baez on TV this week was amazing. He used more qualifiers, and had more changes in his verb tenses than I could keep up with. He employs the language of deception so much that I lost my place repeatedly! I wanted to scream at the prosecution to stand up and ask him why he lied! I wish they had someone trained in Statement Analysis on the table, and could simply have the prosecution question things that Baez says, regularly. He is deceptive and is not skilled at it, in spite of years of practice. Casey is better than Baez, though they are both deceptive people.

Perhaps Baez doesn't mind crashing and burning his career for Casey but Lyon and Mason have no such interest.

In fact,I wonder why these philanthropists are donating their time to the Croslin clan, pro bono.

I am going to stand by my prediction until something or someone comes along to persuade me otherwise:

Casey doesn't go to trial because it is not in her best interest and she comes first. I am, by no means, steady on this view. If the plea is not generous enough to let her out of jail in time for her to still do some partying in life, she will go down fighting.

For Baez, to accept a plea is not something he will do until he has milked the taxpayers for every penny, and he has milked out as much fame (or infamy, for infamy sells) possible. His self interest is a powerful drive in its own rite.

Even as I type this, I find myself vacillating between the two possibilities.

It comes down to which drive is stronger?

The drive to get out of prison, or the drive to be the center of attention.
Posted by Seamus O Riley

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1818 on: May 08, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »

05/08/10

Wasn't there some instance too where they caught him "tampering" with something in KC's car where they had it impounded?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1819 on: May 08, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

05/08/10

Good question.
I believe the answer is yes, that is why I don't see him being a part of this case, imo.

Then why in the world would these fools pick Dr Lee.  You know on cross exam the prosecutors are going to tear him up for the fingernail.  The minute I heard he found a hair in this case..I thought "he's at it again"

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.