April 25, 2024, 08:50:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #161 4/28/10 - 5/10/10  (Read 290445 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: May 03, 2010, 03:34:48 PM »

AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/36538052/04292010-Motion-To-Seal-Jail-Visiting-Log-Records

WHEREFORE, the Defendant prays this Court enter its Order directing the administration of the Orange County Jail to ensure the confidentiality of all records of whatever description including, but not limited to, sign-in logs regarding contact or visits from any persons with the Defendant herein.

We may have been looking at this incorrectly or not in it's entirety.......I thought a lot about this and ran this by my attorney friend, who agrees that my thoughts are certainly a good reason for them wants to get things sealed/not released.... I was thinking perhaps this motion is to get around the release of the visitation videos. The State had no position on this because THEY will know who is visiting.........So,  who would the DUHFENCE NOT WANT KNOWN WAS VISITING?  the A's? Just a thought because the motion makes no sense to me.
Nothing they ask for is ever as clear as it should be. Now if it's the A's they don't want the public to see that only makes sense if they're certain that neither the A's or KC could keep it under control and not inadvertently blurt things out or be obvious in trying to be sneaky and get stories straight or KC dissolving into  she-devil or whatever. But the prosecution could still see them, right? In fact it would bolster their incessant lovey babble fest that they all try to foist on the world that KC and parents just wuv each other to death.
If they're wanting to launch an entirely new slant to her defense, the mental one, and want to bring in various professionals to evaluate and help her manifest proper symptoms for a particular mental issue then that makes sense. With as many minds and ppl. ( in the public, like us ) able to figure what angle they're going to attempt to explain her "break with reality" actions then I can see why they're trying this. 

or the A's have been enlisted to try to get her to take a plea deal? and they don't want that known to the general public......

or.....they need to keep throwing out chit to keep the general public interested in this case because they love/need/crave the publicity.....BOZO thinks this case is going to make him the most famous Hispanic attorney in history and Mason wants this to be his last big hurrah!!  After all his last big client Nelson Serrano was sentenced to die in 07

It is doubtful the defense will succeed with something this broad, nor do I think that CJBP will reverse a previous order (appeal concerns) i.e. the Anthonys previous request.   Generally, judges will not make exception to change jail standard operating procedures, especially concerning security & monitoring for one defendant, regardless wide coverage of the case.   If anything they may be granted that professionals that may testify for the defense on their evaluations & expertise will be sealed, but yes the prosecution will receive same under the rules of discovery.

I doubt the defense is attempting to use the Anthonys to get Casey to plea.   I do not see Cindy caving to encourage her monster to serve 25 or more years in jail for something she insists she didn't do, this family is fighting because they got caught & they don't want to face the shame of being judicially found guilty of murder, conspiracy after the fact nor have it affirmed that this family are the lowest form of life.     However, the defense may be hoping for a confrontation regarding Casey's accusations of molestation & abuse because they have nothing that indicates her claim is yet not another lie or it could be that they are merely trying to demonstrate that Casey's family still supports her & believes in her innocence, yea right.   It is my firm believe that the State will never agree to take a plea of less than 25 years to life, if anything at all.   There are a few reasons why I take that position, not the least of which the recent estimation of time the prosecution feels they need in an expected penalty phase is telling...they are confident.

They undoubtedly will launch a diminished capacity defense but at this point IMHO they can only use this in penalty phase because Casey has insisted on her innocence & this should have been done long before now.   Her family insisted emphatically  that she did not have mental health history, her defense never even approached it beyond Lenamons's what if's & put forward that she was innocent.    Not a sole will believe her new stories because she told too many lies already, it will be transparent that after 2 years she is now admitting culpability no matter the reason to avoid the ultimate punishment, in other words she is guilty & knows she will be convicted of felony murder.   If she attempts to admit that she made up the nanny, regrets fingering others as possible suspects she is admitting that she concealed what she did to avoid having to face the consequence, in my view as soon as the prosecution would get wind of that change in strategy they will know to definitely take this case to trial.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »

Sometimes some things and some people are so predictable Monkey Devil!

One thing for sure.....nothing is predictable in this case except the DUHfence is predictable!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: May 03, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »

Wyks, I just wanted to let you know that I did read your post & we are on the same wave length pretty much in total.    Deenie, "kindred spirit" comes to mind 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: May 03, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/5/3/three_hearings_scheduled_in_anthony_case.html
 Three Hearings Scheduled In Anthony Case
Monday, May 03, 2010 3:27:34 PM
ORLANDO -- The new judge in the Casey Anthony case is not wasting time moving the case along.

Judge Belvin Perry has scheduled three hearings over the next week.

The first one is scheduled for Friday. In that hearing, Perry wants to go over the budget. Since Anthony was declared indigent, and the state is picking up the tab, the judge wants to make sure the expert witnesses won't bust the budget.

The second hearing is scheduled for next Monday. Judge Perry wants to hear about any pending motions that he will be asked to consider.

The third hearing is set for the next day, May 11, to hear motions regarding the death penalty.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: May 03, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-deposition-schedule-20100503,0,3415724.story
Judge sets tough new schedule for attorneys
 By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

3:20 p.m. EDT, May 3, 2010
The judge in the Casey Anthony murder case has set a new deadline for attorneys.

He is giving them two-and-a-half weeks to file a detailed deposition schedule.

That's a huge undertaking. It means that by May 17, attorneys must contact more than 50 witnesses and schedule them for sessions during which they'll be questioned – sometimes very sharply - under oath about the case.

Anthony, 24, is charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, in 2008. The state is seeking the death penalty.

The order is from Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Jr., who took charge of the case two weeks ago.

He signed it Friday. It is another signal that he intends to move the case forward aggressively.

At a hearing Friday, Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick told the judge that the state has listed 250 witnesses. She predicted that defense attorneys would want to depose about 90.

Defense attorney Jose Baez said they had finished only 36.

That leaves more than 50 yet to do.

At the hearing, and in Friday's order, the judge said he'd help attorneys with uncooperative witnesses by issuing orders, requiring them to come to court or be held in contempt. He also said he'd use deputies to haul them in, if need be.

There's a hearing Tuesday afternoon in another Casey Anthony case, a lawsuit by a woman who says Anthony told lies that damaged her reputation.

Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez is seeking unspecified damages, saying she was harmed when Anthony told authorities that Caylee disappeared after she left the child with a babysitter named Zenaida. After investiigating that claim and many others,
prosecutors charged Anthony with murder, and the child's body was found several months later in a patch of woods not far from Anthony's home.

Tuesday, that case is set for a routine pretrial conference before Circuit Judge Jose Rodriguez.

Events in the murder case against her, though, have begun to move more rapidly. Perry, the judge in that case, has scheduled hearings this week and next.

On Thursday, Perry will hold a hearing about defense public spending in the case.

In March, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, the judge handling the case at the time, concluded that Anthony is now indigent, and, thus, the public should cover her defense costs, minus attorney fees.

Thursday's hearing could be the first time defense attorneys disclose just how much money they expect to spend.

They will talk about what experts they've hired, how much they charge per hour and how many hours they're expected to work. There'll also be talk about other expenses, such as travel.

Next week, on Monday and Tuesday, Perry will listen to attorneys argue a variety of motions.

On Monday, that will include a defense request that the case by tried by jurors from another county; an attack on physical evidence gathered by the state; whether jurors should be allowed to view party photos of Anthony and whether they should hear allegations of domestic violence against the former county employee who discovered the victim's body.

Tuesday, May 11, will be dedicated to defense motions attacking Florida's death penalty.

Hearings both days start at 9 a.m.

Rene Stutzman can be reached at rstutzman@orlandosentinel.com or 407-650-6394.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: May 03, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/5/3/three_hearings_scheduled_in_anthony_case.html
ORLANDO -- The new judge in the Casey Anthony case is not wasting time moving the case along.

The first one is scheduled for Friday. In that hearing, Perry wants to go over the budget. Since Anthony was declared indigent, and the state is picking up the tab, the judge wants to make sure the expert witnesses won't bust the budget.

The second hearing is scheduled for next Monday. Judge Perry wants to hear about any pending motions that he will be asked to consider.

The third hearing is set for the next day, May 11, to hear motions regarding the death penalty.

Wait, the 6th is Thursday not Friday..    The date is fresh in my mind because I'm leaving for New Jersey to attend my daughter's college graduation on Mother's Day the 9th...a joyous occasion & short visit back to my home state after a very difficult few weeks!   I'm hoping to catch at least part of the 6th before I leave, Monday I'll be in travel back to MS so I might have to catch that hearing via video later & up in the morning for Tuesday's.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: May 03, 2010, 04:06:20 PM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/36538052/04292010-Motion-To-Seal-Jail-Visiting-Log-Records

WHEREFORE, the Defendant prays this Court enter its Order directing the administration of the Orange County Jail to ensure the confidentiality of all records of whatever description including, but not limited to, sign-in logs regarding contact or visits from any persons with the Defendant herein.

We may have been looking at this incorrectly or not in it's entirety.......I thought a lot about this and ran this by my attorney friend, who agrees that my thoughts are certainly a good reason for them wants to get things sealed/not released.... I was thinking perhaps this motion is to get around the release of the visitation videos. The State had no position on this because THEY will know who is visiting.........So,  who would the DUHFENCE NOT WANT KNOWN WAS VISITING?  the A's? Just a thought because the motion makes no sense to me.
Nothing they ask for is ever as clear as it should be. Now if it's the A's they don't want the public to see that only makes sense if they're certain that neither the A's or KC could keep it under control and not inadvertently blurt things out or be obvious in trying to be sneaky and get stories straight or KC dissolving into  she-devil or whatever. But the prosecution could still see them, right? In fact it would bolster their incessant lovey babble fest that they all try to foist on the world that KC and parents just wuv each other to death.
If they're wanting to launch an entirely new slant to her defense, the mental one, and want to bring in various professionals to evaluate and help her manifest proper symptoms for a particular mental issue then that makes sense. With as many minds and ppl. ( in the public, like us ) able to figure what angle they're going to attempt to explain her "break with reality" actions then I can see why they're trying this. 

or the A's have been enlisted to try to get her to take a plea deal? and they don't want that known to the general public......

or.....they need to keep throwing out chit to keep the general public interested in this case because they love/need/crave the publicity.....BOZO thinks this case is going to make him the most famous Hispanic attorney in history and Mason wants this to be his last big hurrah!!  After all his last big client Nelson Serrano was sentenced to die in 07
So smart!  ANY of the above and throw in extreme paranoia about their psycho client being revealed as the kook that she is and them trying every trick in the book to not get caught trying to drag this out for as long as possible and not at least trying to do right by her and pleading out if they could. (How's that for a run on sentence?)
Think of her fraud case, Bozo took every chance to declare his client's desire for trial. He was going to fight this injustice , blah, blah. In the end, last second, he folded, hadn't done a damn thing. Sneaky lil loser
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:42 PM »

I sure like how Judge Perry has taken the bull (a little pun shot at the defense by me) by the horns and is wasting no time by getting this ball rolling.

Just another reason I am impressed by Perry.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: May 03, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »

I sure like how Judge Perry has taken the bull (a little pun shot at the defense by me) by the horns and is wasting no time by getting this ball rolling.

Clever 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: May 03, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »

Didn't want to quote stack but re: Caps last response.  If they could begin a campaign bolstered by some quacks on their payroll who VISIT with her and conjure up some obscure mental health syndrome that would encompass her lying, her 'memory block' of a traumatic accident, toss in sexual and mental abuse and present it at last minute as a terrible accident...???  They can't really do it without enlisting her help. She would have to be taught what the new "real" story is, do ya think?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: May 03, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-deposition-schedule-20100503,0,3415724.story
Judge sets tough new schedule for attorneys
 By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

3:20 p.m. EDT, May 3, 2010
The judge in the Casey Anthony murder case has set a new deadline for attorneys.

He is giving them two-and-a-half weeks to file a detailed deposition schedule.

That's a huge undertaking. It means that by May 17, attorneys must contact more than 50 witnesses and schedule them for sessions during which they'll be questioned – sometimes very sharply - under oath about the case.

Anthony, 24, is charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, in 2008. The state is seeking the death penalty.

The order is from Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Jr., who took charge of the case two weeks ago.

He signed it Friday. It is another signal that he intends to move the case forward aggressively.

At a hearing Friday, Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick told the judge that the state has listed 250 witnesses. She predicted that defense attorneys would want to depose about 90.

Defense attorney Jose Baez said they had finished only 36.

That leaves more than 50 yet to do.

At the hearing, and in Friday's order, the judge said he'd help attorneys with uncooperative witnesses by issuing orders, requiring them to come to court or be held in contempt. He also said he'd use deputies to haul them in, if need be.

There's a hearing Tuesday afternoon in another Casey Anthony case, a lawsuit by a woman who says Anthony told lies that damaged her reputation.

Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez is seeking unspecified damages, saying she was harmed when Anthony told authorities that Caylee disappeared after she left the child with a babysitter named Zenaida. After investiigating that claim and many others,
prosecutors charged Anthony with murder, and the child's body was found several months later in a patch of woods not far from Anthony's home.

Tuesday, that case is set for a routine pretrial conference before Circuit Judge Jose Rodriguez.

Events in the murder case against her, though, have begun to move more rapidly. Perry, the judge in that case, has scheduled hearings this week and next.

On Thursday, Perry will hold a hearing about defense public spending in the case.

In March, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, the judge handling the case at the time, concluded that Anthony is now indigent, and, thus, the public should cover her defense costs, minus attorney fees.

Thursday's hearing could be the first time defense attorneys disclose just how much money they expect to spend.

They will talk about what experts they've hired, how much they charge per hour and how many hours they're expected to work. There'll also be talk about other expenses, such as travel.

Next week, on Monday and Tuesday, Perry will listen to attorneys argue a variety of motions.

On Monday, that will include a defense request that the case by tried by jurors from another county; an attack on physical evidence gathered by the state; whether jurors should be allowed to view party photos of Anthony and whether they should hear allegations of domestic violence against the former county employee who discovered the victim's body.

Tuesday, May 11, will be dedicated to defense motions attacking Florida's death penalty.

Hearings both days start at 9 a.m.

Rene Stutzman can be reached at rstutzman@orlandosentinel.com or 407-650-6394.

The hearing re: the death penalty are IMO going to be extremely interesting since it has been reported that JP is a proponent of the DP.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/042010new-anthony-judge-seen-as-no-nonsense-jurist

New Anthony judge seen as no-nonsense jurist

Updated: Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 7:48 PM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. can pick and choose what cases he will preside over. On Tuesday, he had nothing on his docket, but a judicial assistant said he was declining to comment on a case he has only had for less than 24 hours.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland on Monday granted a motion filed last week by Casey Anthony's attorneys , asking that he recuse himself. As a result of Judge Strickland's recusal, Chief Judge Perry has taken over the case.

Anthony's defense attorneys had argued that comments the judge made to a blogger recently showed he was prejudiced against Anthony. Judge Strickland denied doing anything wrong, but said he removed himself from the case because Anthony's attorneys likely would allege bias each time he ruled against their motions.

Florida A&M University Law School Dean Leroy Pernell said he believes Chief Judge Perry will likely set a status hearing and bring the prosecutors and the defense teams to court to see where things stand.

"What are the issues, what are the priority issues and work out a manner for addressing those," said Pernell.

Chief Judge Perry is somewhat familiar with the case, having presided over the Grand Jury which indicted Casey Anthony on first degree murder charges in October or 2008.

He has heard testimony from six of the State's key witnesses, including a lab technician with the Federal Bureau of Investigations, a computer specialist, lead investigators and every Casey's father, George.

Also on Chief Judge Perry's docket is Jason Rodriguez, the man accused of opening fire at the Gateway Center in Downtown Orlando last fall.

Chief Judge Perry is a proponent of the death penalty. There are at least three men on death row right now, all sentenced in Perry's courtroom.

Prominent Orlando attorney Mark NeJame once represented Casey's parents. He now represents Texas Equusearch, the group which coordinated volunteer search efforts for little Caylee Anthony in the weeks following her disappearance.

NeJame said this is a bad move for the defense.

"I think that Judge Strickland, a wonderful judge and a brilliant jurist, allowed them latitude," said and I think that Judge Perry will be very strict according to guidelines and won't put up with any nonsense"

# Motion to Declare Florida Statute 921-141 Unconstitutional
# Motion to Preclude the State's Impermissible Gender Biased Request for Imposition of the Death Penalty
# Second Motion to Preclude Death Procedures for Impermissible Prosecutorial Motives
# Defendant's Motion for Protective Order with Respect to Penalty Phase Discovery

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/19/judge_strickland_removes_self_from_casey_case.html

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: May 03, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »

Should be very interesting to see who argues all these motions. If Bozo stands up to do it I'll  do one of those yeeha rebel yells . That would make my day.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: May 03, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »

So smart!  ANY of the above and throw in extreme paranoia about their psycho client being revealed as the kook that she is and them trying every trick in the book to not get caught trying to drag this out for as long as possible and not at least trying to do right by her and pleading out if they could. (How's that for a run on sentence?)
Think of her fraud case, Bozo took every chance to declare his client's desire for trial. He was going to fight this injustice , blah, blah. In the end, last second, he folded, hadn't done a damn thing. Sneaky lil loser

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: May 03, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »

I like him too Brandi.It is so nice to see real movement in this case.   

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: May 03, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »

Should be very interesting to see who argues all these motions. If Bozo stands up to do it I'll  do one of those yeeha rebel yells . That would make my day.   

I would be yelling with you

............even though he is technically lead attorney he would not be able to argue those motion.....hells bells he can't  intelligently argue any motion...............again JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: May 03, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »

I like him too Brandi.It is so nice to see real movement in this case.   

AMEN Sistahs!!~!~

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #796 on: May 03, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

I sure hope we get to see the pre trial hearing in the civil case tomorrow, don't even care if it is live, will take a tape of it later in the day   
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: May 03, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »

Hi Monkeys---

I understand Baez et al wanting to keep private the names of any visitors which Casey might have concerning her defense. I have questioned in my mind the propriety of releasing information to the public concerning when her lawyers visit, for how long, etc. However, any visit which is required by law to be taped (excluding those with her defense professionals) should be released to the public in compliance with FL Sunshine Laws.  I think that trying to keep visits of a personal nature private,  i.e. with Casey's parents, her brother, etc. is another example of the Anthonys demanding special privileges (And often getting them)  and I see no reason for it.

IMO Cindy and George Anthony should have been charged for some of their actions in tampering with evidence, interefering with an investigation and lying to LE.  I think that the Statute of Limitations has probably run out for some of the possible charges.
But when the police officer told Lois (I don't know her last name) that "Haven't the Anthonys been through enough?" that told the tale and has been the attitude of LE throughout this entire case. For reasons I don't understand and which I will never probably understand, the Anthonys are coated with Teflon.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: May 03, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »

Hi Sunny---To call Baez a "Sneaky lil loser" is a beautiful thing. Music to my ears, or my eyes as it were.......... He looks like a mouse trying to steal some cheese.  All he needs is three long whiskers sticking out of each side of his chipmunk cheeks.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: May 03, 2010, 05:12:47 PM »

I sure hope we get to see the pre trial hearing in the civil case tomorrow, don't even care if it is live, will take a tape of it later in the day   

me too....but I hope it's LIVE....I am going to email RK and see if he knows

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.