April 30, 2024, 03:02:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #161 4/28/10 - 5/10/10  (Read 290744 times)
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »

Apart from a couple of mentions sneeringly about Judge Strickland and Mr Nejame, I thought Bozo was going to get though the whole thing without shooting himself in the foot. I was wrong, he then decided it was about time to correct the judge on his pronunciation of one of his duh!fense cronies name.

This man has to have the last word and he is not able to just leave any scene without taking a potshot at someone, I guess he feels it makes him look in control. Alienate the Judge why don't you...go shoot yourself in the other foot...oh! wait you already did that!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »

In Session taking about response by defense on Stan's order.  Not often do you find defense responding to a Judge's order but defense felt they had to and there are 23 points that they filed.  Defense said Stan wrote his order he went into subjective ortation rather than just determined by the legal sufficiency.  Stan took adversarial postion in doing that and they particularly objected to Stan talking about the Marinade Brain episode and Stan wrote it was in the presence of the attorneys in open court and defense cite videos that it happened not in open court but after everyone had left. 
Defense responded to last line Stan wrote about Irony -

"To find irony one only needs to read the court order with footnotes"
Even though I found what Strickland wrote to be rather humorous, I will say, and then go hide  , that it was rather sarcastic and probably would have been better to think it, and not write it down. But this is just my opinion.

It might have been better left unwritten as you said. But after all the whining  this defense team has done and all the name calling they have put out there. From Baez to Lyons and the A's to me it's the pot calling the kettle black. It's okay we can do it but no one else is can. They still think they are above the law. IMO
After all the crap the judge went through with this bunch I can't blame him for what he said, just would have been better not to and stoop too their level, but he probably just couldn't take it anymore.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: April 30, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »

Apart from a couple of mentions sneeringly about Judge Strickland and Mr Nejame, I thought Bozo was going to get though the whole thing without shooting himself in the foot. I was wrong, he then decided it was about time to correct the judge on his pronunciation of one of his duh!fense cronies name.

This man has to have the last word and he is not able to just leave any scene without taking a potshot at someone, I guess he feels it makes him look in control. Alienate the Judge why don't you...go shoot yourself in the other foot...oh! wait you already did that!
And not a good move to alienate this judge 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me that Conway rolls with the A's everywhere they go and speaks for them. He has essentially been their spokesperson since Nejame dropped them. What atty has the time to babysit two people who really aren't part of this (at the moment). Any other atty. would be billing hr by hr for all this, guess the publicity and exposure that this fiasco gives is so valuable that hanging with them is worth it.

It's so perverse to me.

Add to that the fact that BC has out and out lied about this case on more than one occasion and on national TV to boot. That was a stunner (not stunning) and cemented my opinion of him. He doesn’t deserve to have a career in the legal field. He suits his clients perfectly as he is as completely disgusting, dishonest and amoral as they are……
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: April 30, 2010, 01:10:16 PM »

Casey Anthony: No-nonsense Judge Belvin Perry wows reporters

Chief Judge Belvin Perry won favorable reviews for the way he guided a hearing this morning in the Casey Anthony case.

Perry is the new judge in the high-profile case, and his style at the Anthony hearing  was the top story on noon newscasts.

WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone said, “He runs a no-nonsense court. The decorum was impeccable. Everyone stood when they were speaking. They addressed the judge. They didn’t address each other. It was like they were all back at law school trying to act like young lawyers.”

WKMG anchor Erick Weber added, “Good stuff.” Which I took as a compliment for Perry and Pipitone.

WESH-Channel 2 anchor Syan Rhodes said, “Judge Perry set a whole different right from the start.”

WESH’s Bob Kealing agreed. ”If  you blinked once during this 45-minute hearing, chances are you missed the judge scheduling something,” Kealing said.

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Vanessa Echols saw “a different tone in the courtroom.”

“Absolutely,” WFTV’s Daralene Jones said outside the Orange County Courthouse. “Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. made it clear he is ready to get this show on the road, and he wants it to happen right here.”

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

On WKMG, Pipitone said that Perry “made clear one way or another the actual trial will be held here in Orange County” and that the jury will be selected elsewhere for a six- to nine-week trial starting in May 2011. And the public may not know which county the jury will come from until days before the trial begins, Pipitone said.

Where will the jury come from? Pipitone explained that the county would need to be one that could accommodate the crush of media and one with similar demographics to Orange County.

WFTV’s Jones noted that when Perry brought up the possible change of venue, Cindy Anthony smiled. Jones said that Perry “made it clear that it clear he prefers to bring them [the jurors] in from another county and keep the trial here in his courtroom because it will be too expensive and inconvenient to house both legal teams and hundreds of witnesses someplace else for two months.”

Later WFTV anchor Barbara West said, “It [the trial] will be held here in Orange County.”

WESH anchor Jason Guy said that Perry “sent a strong signal about where this murder trial will be held.”

Jones noted that Perry was firm on the defense meeting about court costs for indigent defendant Anthony. Perry said that a meeting on this issue “needs to be done like yesterday.”

Defense attorney Jose Baez was seen on WFTV saying: “We love the knowledge that Judge Perry brings to the bench.”

Yeah, a lot of people love Perry at first glance.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-no-nonsense-judge-belvin-perry-wows-reporters.html
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »

Got kicked out of the cage.
I don't quite see what's going to be accomplished by their objection to Strickland's response to their motion for recusal.
Are they expecting an apology?
I don't blame JS one bit for the sarcasm in his response and it apparently it hit a nerve. Too freaking bad, Bozo and Mason.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: April 30, 2010, 01:11:53 PM »

Casey Anthony trial could take 4 to 7 weeks

ORLANDO - Jurors eventually chosen to decide the fate of Casey Anthony, the Florida mother charged with killing her toddler in 2008, could be sequestered for a trial lasting several weeks.

Circuit Judge Belvin Perry offered some details Friday on what jurors might expect as he held the first pretrial hearing since taking over the murder case. Another judge removed himself from the case earlier this month at the request of Anthony's defense attorneys.

A trial scheduled to begin in May 2011 is expected to last between four and six weeks. Another week will be needed for the sentencing phase if there's a conviction, according to authorities.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee. The 2-year-old girl disappeared in June 2008, and her remains were discovered six months later in woods near the house where she lived with her mother and grandparents.

If the judge grants a request by Anthony's attorneys to change the location of the trial, Perry said he likely will select the jury from another part of Florida and bring jurors back to Orlando for the trial to save money.

Perry said it would be cheaper to house the jurors and alternates in an Orlando hotel rather than pay for the lodging of prosecutors, defense attorneys and as many as 200 witnesses in another city.

The judge also said he may sequester the jurors and not let them have any contact with friends and relatives, televisions or newspapers during the trial. If he sequesters the jury, he likely will conduct the trial on weekdays and some weekend days to give jurors something to occupy their time.

"It is no secret that this case has received widespread publicity," Perry said. "The only way … to make sure that they are no infected or polluted during this proceeding is to sequester them."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/30/casey-anthony-trial-could-take-4-6-weeks/
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »

Cindy and George Anthony briefly commented to reporters after Casey's hearing Friday. (04/30/10)

http://www.wftv.com/video/23320226/index.html
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: April 30, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

In Session taking about response by defense on Stan's order.  Not often do you find defense responding to a Judge's order but defense felt they had to and there are 23 points that they filed.  Defense said Stan wrote his order he went into subjective ortation rather than just determined by the legal sufficiency.  Stan took adversarial postion in doing that and they particularly objected to Stan talking about the Marinade Brain episode and Stan wrote it was in the presence of the attorneys in open court and defense cite videos that it happened not in open court but after everyone had left. 
Defense responded to last line Stan wrote about Irony -

"To find irony one only needs to read the court order with footnotes"
Even though I found what Strickland wrote to be rather humorous, I will say, and then go hide  , that it was rather sarcastic and probably would have been better to think it, and not write it down. But this is just my opinion.

It might have been better left unwritten as you said. But after all the whining  this defense team has done and all the name calling they have put out there. From Baez to Lyons and the A's to me it's the pot calling the kettle black. It's okay we can do it but no one else is can. They still think they are above the law. IMO
After all the crap the judge went through with this bunch I can't blame him for what he said, just would have been better not to and stoop too their level, but he probably just couldn't take it anymore.

I think Judge Strickland put them in the proper places with panache.  They deserved it.  IMO, from the very beginning,  the lack of due respect for the Court has been painfully obvious.  Baez acts as though he is on the same footing as the Court, IMO, and today he did it again.  IMO, he doesn't seem to know [ or care ] that the Court is always shown respect---no matter what.  Judges do not favor disrepect.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: April 30, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »

The defense has suggested Palm Beach and Dade counties and the state doesn't want them to have any input on what counties should be considered.
I guess they'll have to go North in that case.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: April 30, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »

Attorney Jose Baez talked to WFTV after Casey Anthony's Hearing Friday. (04/30/10)

http://www.wftv.com/video/23320409/index.html
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #452 on: April 30, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »

**their**
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: April 30, 2010, 01:17:09 PM »

COURT HEARING ON 4/30:

Part 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/23318770/index.html

Part 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/23319255/index.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: April 30, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »

Thank-you for all the articles, George and Cindy just can't shut up.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: April 30, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »

CASEY IN COURT:

See Images
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23318188/detail.html

Raw Video
http://www.wftv.com/video/23318107/index.html
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: April 30, 2010, 01:19:03 PM »

Sequestered jurors.........this will severely limit the persons available to serve, especially since an employer is not required to pay you.

Must my employer pay me while I am on jury duty?
A: Your employer is not required to pay you while on jury duty; however, employers are prohibited by law from firing an employee for serving as a juror.)

Wouldn't it be ironic if indeed, the jury was made up primarily of the 'blue hairs' LyonS has such distaste for.

this is an interesting site for anyone who has not served on a jury.

http://americanjuror.org/trial.htm

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #457 on: April 30, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »

I don't believe I have ever witnessed such a juvenile display from a group of supposed professionals, they have been stomping their collective feet when things don't go their way, they write Bozomotions that are the laughing stock of lawyers everywhere, they accidentally get an obviously soft judge kicked off the case in favor of a judge not averse to imposing the DP and to top it all off they have the gall to be offended by his honest response. I can hear Bozo now saying "yeah, I meant to get the judge kicked off the case" pfft...everyone knows he would have to be insane to want that for his client.

I think I see an "inadequate representation" down the road somewhere. 

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: April 30, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »

Cindy and George Anthony briefly commented to reporters after Casey's hearing Friday. (04/30/10)

http://www.wftv.com/video/23320226/index.html

Wow! George and Cindy are suddenly camera shy?

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: April 30, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »

Sequestered jurors.........this will severely limit the persons available to serve, especially since an employer is not required to pay you.

Must my employer pay me while I am on jury duty?
A: Your employer is not required to pay you while on jury duty; however, employers are prohibited by law from firing an employee for serving as a juror.)

Wouldn't it be ironic if indeed, the jury was made up primarily of the 'blue hairs' LyonS has such distaste for.

this is an interesting site for anyone who has not served on a jury.

http://americanjuror.org/trial.htm
It will, and there will be "blue hairs" on that jury for sure. And people that perhaps have lost their jobs, and then you will have the ones that are trying to get on so they can write a book later. Jury selection will take quite awhile I would think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.